• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

reptilescorpio said:
1316106052-68.jpg
379px-KatDenningsSept10TIFF.jpg

Yep, those're the reasons, I just had the wrong show in mind.

Can't say I'm that interested in The New Girl either, though. I like Zooey, but not so much for her turns as an actor.

midonnay

Box of Bunnies said:

Can't say I'm that interested in The New Girl either, though. I like Zooey, but not so much for her turns as an actor.

2 broke girls has a laugh track :(

Shaneus

Box of Bunnies said:

Or her use of the English language, amirite? ;)

legend166

Like Darksiders over Zelda is analogous to liking Muse over Zelda.

Even looking at them in isolation, Zelda > Darksiders and Radiohead > Muse. And then you actually compare them and realise one is entirely a rip off of the other and it makes them lose even more points.

That first dungeon is Darksiders is about as close to plagarism I've seen in a major, big budget video game (excluding stuff like Giana Sisters and Gameloft games).

I mean, it's still good, because at the end of the day Zelda gameplay is great, but it's just weird.

Bernbaum said:
Black Books has a laugh track. So does IT Crowd.

Which is exactly why I think "oh noes a laugh track" is an overstated concern when it comes to comedies. I mean yeah, I'd probably prefer it if they didn't have them, but a good show is still going to be a good show with or without it.

Bernbaum said:
Black Books has a laugh track. So does IT Crowd.
Most british stuff has a laugh track. I think it makes IT Crowd even funnier at times.

RandomVince said:
I like bacon, but tents are clearly superior.
Fuck that, bacon wins always. Bacon or Panda? Bacon. Bacon or Tree? Fucking Bacon. Bacon or Earwig? Mother Loving Bacon.

I don't get the mad love some people have for bacon, personally. I mean it's okay, but when I see people talking about it like it's some magical supermeat that tempts even the staunchest vegetarians I just can't relate.

midonnay

reptilescorpio said:
Most british stuff has a laugh track. I think it makes IT Crowd even funnier at times.

thats probably why I can't stand most british sitcoms >_>

its like when you find out that there is no santa claus..... there is no magic left in christmas.

hard to enjoy when you know its all contrived.

Jintor

I tolerate laugh tracks.

I was recently reminded that Monty Python of all things has a laugh track (though it is a live audience after all). Doesn't detract from the sheer absurdity of Python's humour, but it is a tad annoying.

Part of the reason why I love Community so. I mean, I like HIMYM and I think it has pretty good writing, but good god a laugh track is annoying.

Box of Bunnies said:
I don't get the mad love some people have for bacon, personally. I mean it's okay, but when I see people talking about it like it's some magical supermeat that tempts even the staunchest vegetarians I just can't relate.

yeah, me too. I mean its allright, but I don't get the love. Too much fat. geeew.

Yagharek

Fine then, bacon haters. What do you think is better, cabbage or lampshades?

I hope I've made my point. Bacon is better than mismatched metaphors.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
I tolerate laugh tracks.

I was recently reminded that Monty Python of all things has a laugh track (though it is a live audience after all). Doesn't detract from the sheer absurdity of Python's humour, but it is a tad annoying.

Part of the reason why I love Community so. I mean, I like HIMYM and I think it has pretty good writing, but good god a laugh track is annoying.
I remember seeing footage for a TV show that had the laugh track cut out... oh yeah, it was BBT. Comes off as really disturbing and creepy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=YSUhGn_r_7I

RandomVince said:
Fine then, bacon haters. What do you think is better, cabbage or lampshades?

lol. I like bacon! But its not godly, like curry-rice is -w- The gross fat bits that noone but me ever seem to cut off kinda make it... less than perfect. But with eggs, beans, mushrooms and hashbrowns, they make the perfect breakfast.

lampshades

RandomVince said:

Yeah, I understood the point. I just figured legend had mistyped (putting Zelda a second time instead of Radiohead, given that he brings up Radiohead and Muse later on), so I decided to ignore that and run with the bacon thing instead.

Jintor

shanshan310 said:
lol. I like bacon! But its not godly, like curry-rice is -w- The gross fat bits that noone but me ever seem to cut off kinda make it... less than perfect. But with eggs, beans, mushrooms and hashbrowns, they make the perfect breakfast.

lampshades

Monday's breakfast went like this: Bacon (good bacon), scrambled eggs, garlic-fried mushrooms, chicken sausages. IT WAS DELICIOUS.

Aon

I've started making midnight scrambled eggs and eating them on toast with oven chips.

I dunno why I thought to start. But now I can't stop.

Choc

Banned
actually i found that bbt youtube grating and unfunny and i would have turned off if it was tv

wow, maybe there is something in this :|

Choc said:
actually i found that bbt youtube grating and unfunny and i would have turned off if it was tv

wow, maybe there is something in this :|

That something is less about the effect of laugh tracks and more to do with The Big Bang Theory not being particularly good.

Top Bottom