• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Question: So could you clarify, sir, for us at what point does an event become a significant event involving a boat on the water?

Morrison: When you see me here standing and reporting on it.

Question: And you are standing here reporting.

Morrison: I am not. I am saying there is no such report for me to provide to you today. There is therefore no significant event for me to report at sea.

WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH TERRORIST BOATISTAN

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Next thread title when we get to it?
But that would be two boat related titles in a row, which implies that this is some sort of perennial and continuing issue in Australian politics.

Jintor

BrXxDmNCYAEHGsa.jpg:large

Yagharek

If we let too many boat people in they might end up demonstrating to us they are respectable citizens and wind up as state Governors!

Dryk

Because we all know that the Liberals would jump at the chance to raise carpark taxes and improve public transport thus encouraging people to not drive into town. Right? Right?

(They're going to fund more roads, which don't ease congestion at all)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Anyway watch Q&A tonight? you damn well should have because I was intimately pretty connected to the program tonight.. considering it was a. set in geelong and b. I was literally outside the building getting people to sign petitions, holding banners calling to end mandatory detention, talking to some of the audience people about politics with a number of other activists.

Also knew personally at least 2 of the people who asked questions in that panel!

Anyway watch Q&A tonight? you damn well should have because I was intimately pretty connected to the program tonight.. considering it was a. set in geelong and b. I was literally outside the building getting people to sign petitions, holding banners calling to end mandatory detention, talking to some of the audience people about politics with a number of other activists.

Also knew personally at least 2 of the people who asked questions in that panel!

hey! another geelong person.

I feel sorry for the people of Geelong, their local pollies are a Labor, third-way I imagine, man more interested in feel good stories about football, an LNP woman who couldn't even tout the talking points correctly let alone think for herself and a pink haired lunatic. Those three alone will probably bring about rapture before the next election.

Again the most interesting person was the one from the Bob Brown wing of the Greens.

I also loved the ex Lib candidate who had the last question asking whereabouts in the last election the Libs thought they had a mandate to target the weakest amongst us.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Q and A is a circus full of banality these days.
A lot of the time yes but I caught snippets of tonight's and it seemed pretty good, because when I was listening the Labor and Greens people got claps and the Liberals didn't.

More seriously when it has a bit more focus (like this Geelong one did) you can get something actually worth listening to, and Richard Di Natale (who I'm pretty sure is just Adam Bandt in a wig only slightly longer than his normal hair) gave a good answer about asylum seekers in reference to the individual who took their own life in Geelong. The Liberal MP tried to downplay the connection between the death and any Government policies by raising some truths about suicide and depression, but that kind of came undone when someone who knew the individual said that he was keenly aware of (and afraid of) Scott Morrison's statement that all Tamils must be returned.

Shaneus

Oh that's worth sending in to the ABC or Crikey, Shane
That's if it's true. I noticed on the main site that there's also a CEO (which surprisingly, is different to "President") but it didn't look much like the woman who was on Q&A. I've emailed my sister to ask, I'm sure she would've been watching it.

Shaneus

They all have red(ish) hair so who is it?
Well, logically it would be an obviously high position... so you'd think President would be right, wouldn't you? ;)

I doubt she was misrepresented as such (unless it was the CEO who spoke... but I don't think so), moreso the actual chamber. I'll have to rewatch it and make my own judgement.

Shaneus

Actually that is an interesting point though - maybe you should tell her to contact ABC as the views of her CCI were possibly severely misrepresented by an imposter.
Just double-checked, she's the CEO of the Chamber of Commerce. Not sure what the difference is between the CEO and the President, guess one's the founder and one actually runs the joint.

Extreme weather official advice rewritten to remove climate change link"]Extreme weather official advice rewritten to remove climate change link

They're not even subtle, not in the slightest. The optimist in me hopes it's this very zealotry that gets them destroyed at the next election.

Don't worry they have a plan to get rid of those meddlesome environmental groups as well!

Liberal push to strip environmental groups of charitable tax status

Wonder if they'll go after the religious groups that run commercial businesses tax free against and undercutting tax paying companies? lol, no!

Respect+

hidys

I regret not watching seeing as how I'm from around the area. I'll watch it tomorrow.

bomma_man

Just double-checked, she's the CEO of the Chamber of Commerce. Not sure what the difference is between the CEO and the President, guess one's the founder and one actually runs the joint.

While the president and the CEO are often the same person, they constitute different roles.

Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC)
UPDATE: Reports 153 Tamil asylum seekers handed over to Sri Lankan Navy. If this is true the Australian Gov has just handed over people to the very government they claim is torturing them, without assessing their refugee claims. Downright murderous & evil.
http://t.co/vhX6LoYPMj

If this is true, our government has just reached a new level of barbaric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom