• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidys

What the fuck is going on at woolworth's marketing department

CCi9fzGVEAEecuN.png

Omikron

What's this? I have no idea what's going on.
Woolworths created a website where you can upload an image, assuming you would make an avatar of sorts. And they would put the text over the top including a play on their slogan, meme generator style. Queue ridicule.

I don't know what I find more baffling - the crass nature in which they attempted to profit from a national tragedy or the stunning blindness with which they engaged with user generated content.

There's a reason Nintendo is so paranoid about the Internet guys.

Dryk

I don't know what I find more baffling - the crass nature in which they attempted to profit from a national tragedy or the stunning blindness with which they engaged with user generated content.

There's a reason Nintendo is so paranoid about the Internet guys.
Funnily enough, the only Australian organisation I've seen handle an image macro generator properly is the Labor party.
1338514760293.jpg

Shaneus

Was that up when you posed it? Because it certainly isn't now! Whoops.

Edit:
Woolworths has today announced the appointment of Brand Experiential Agency Carrspace to its experiential agency panel.

This three-year appointment – which came about after a full and competitive pitch process – has been kicked off immediately with Carrspace’s first project for the iconic Australian supermarket brand.

The first activation is Woolworths’ ANZAC Centenary activation at Camp Gallipoli which is taking place on 24th April in six locations around Australia. The centenary of ANZAC is expected to become an important milestone in Australian history and an emotional, once in a lifetime event for many Australians.

Woolworths will be honouring Aussie heroes at Camp Gallipoli and will be launching a unique activation, combining the Australian respect for our ANZAC history and giving everyday Australians the chance to tell their own story, becoming part of the historic ANZAC Centenary.

Carrspace Director and Executive Producer, Madeleine Preece has said,

“We are thrilled to be working with the Woolworths team on an activation that has such merit and community connection for Australians. Woolworths is such an iconic brand and we have a lot of respect for how they handle their experiential campaigns. We’re looking forward to some amazing projects over the coming years.”

Madeleine added, “Woolworths is famous for its hands-on and integrated experiential approach, and the strongest brand experiences come from brands, like Woolworths, that are both creative and active above-the-line, and participate fully in their community. We look forward to the next chapter with Woolworths and the next three years and beyond.”
It's actually a repost from here, which hasn't been pulled. And the comments are hilarious:

Bob
14 Apr 15
8:56 pm

Can’t wait for the mumbrella update on the #freshinourmemories fail

Jim
14 Apr 15
11:51 pm

…the next chapter with Woolworths and the next three years and beyond…
Yep. Goodluck with that.

Shaneus

Yeah it was up when I posted it. lol.
Oh shit.
In March the supermarket added experiential agency Carrspace to its roster to handle its activation around the event and to create the Fresh in our memories website. Overnight the agency has pulled the press release it circulated on the win from its website and deleted its Twitter account.
Whoops.

“We regret that our branding on the picture generator has caused offence, this was clearly never our intention. Like many heritage Australian companies, we were marking our respect for ANZAC and our veterans.
I don't think people found the meme generator all that distasteful, compared to the vomit-inducing pun "Fresh in our memories". Although I guess one couldn't have existed without the other.

D.Lo

It's time for a mature debate about funding the tax benefits of the rich through the living expenses of the poor the GST.
That's not fair. Those rich people worked much harder for the $3000 each per year per themselves and their wife under Costello's government co-contribution super scheme than the poor people who literally never used it.

They work extremely hard to classify everything they own as a business expense so that their marginal tax rate is lower than someone who works at coles.

All their negatively geared properties are providing rental shelter for all the people who need it because they are locked out of the property market. Basically a community service that just happens to have had a 40% capital gain since just 2012.

Income tax should be levied by the states. At least part of it.

Can't deny that cost of living and economic differences make this true. Not exactly looking forward to the inevitable race to the bottom that will result, that will coincidentally stop being a race to the bottom at the (low) bracket where relocation is prohibitively expensive .

Arksy

Can't deny that cost of living and economic differences make this true. Not exactly looking forward to the inevitable race to the bottom that will result, that will coincidentally stop being a race to the bottom at the (low) bracket where relocation is prohibitively expensive .

I'm doubtful it would ever go that far, internal taxation usually takes a back-seat to other market forces such as real estate prices and the like. I would ultimately prefer if we had a constitutional settlement on taxation that was similar to the model that Canada uses, where the states levy all taxes but they are then required to pay some forward to the federal government. This doesn't actually mean in reality that the federal fiscal imbalance is suddenly all on the side of the states but it seems to work very well over there...but it does mean that states aren't forced to try everything under the sun in order to raise revenue.

Shandy

I imagine we'll start doing something about climate change once all the expensive coastal properties start flooding every time the tide comes in and not a moment sooner.

Somebody attacking the ABC in the comments.

The Project is on Channel 10, dear.

Only filthy, anti-democratic, leftist, Australia-hating, taxpayer-funded networks like the ABC would dream of putting a brown person on the telly.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, this popped up in my FB feed today :/
"No see I am a Christian and I will not support terrorist or bank roll a man that sends his 40 year old daughter to Stuart Uni to study islamic law so to make the company a ledigt business and he will not open his books to see where the money is spent the other Halal companies are suppose to be "NON PROFIT" so where does the MONEY Go? You are to busy calling people racist and bigots ... WAKE UP and look in the mirror"
How can you tell if someone's actually a racist pandering as an animal rights activist?

They talk about halal slaughter (which allows the stunning of animals prior to slaughter) and never ever mention kosher slaughter (which doesn't allow stunning of animals prior to slaughter).
One way is to see how they feel about religious certification for products that don't involve animal slaughter, like dairy or wine (because we all know that those devout Muslims love their drinking).

My favourite sentiment from these anti-halal types is the idea that because Australian companies and consumers shouldn't be paying for it, the government should perform the certifications so the money doesn't go to Muslims.

Arksy

This is one issue I'm totally with you guys on. I can't even pretend to say that there might be some sort of justification for that position. It really is lunacy.

Dryk

It begins. Sooner than I expected too.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...australias-emission-reduction-targets/6404568

Documents from the United Nations show Australia has been asked 36 questions about its 2020 emissions targets from China, the United States, the European Union, Brazil, Switzerland and Saudi Arabia.

It is part of the United Nations' Multilateral Assessment process, which aims to transparently compare the emissions reduction efforts of developed nations.

This is one issue I'm totally with you guys on. I can't even pretend to say that there might be some sort of justification for that position. It really is lunacy.
Racism. Racism is the justification for that position.

Arksy

It definitely is racism, or at least something in the same category as racism. Halal is the most benign Islamic belief out there. I feel sorry for the companies, which are usually small businesses who get bullied by these fuckers. Remove the certification and they lose a hefty sum of money, keep it, and they mobbed by an angry group of ignorant twats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom