• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I am sure Palmer didn't really want to win a seat himself, but now has. Shit gunna we real fucking weird.

Pretty sure he did want to win it. Literally couldn't go 2 minutes without seeing some form of ad for him.

The ABC seems to have decided to host their election coverage in an echo chamber.
I thought Parliament House was the only one of those...

Oh dear.

Oh dear.

I MIGHT HAVE ACCIDENTALLY WRITTEN 73 TWICE ON MY SENATE PAPER

Sorry guys, if Tony wins both houses, don't beat me up ='(

Doesn't matter, you can get away with doing that 3 times and your vote is still formal.

markot

Banned
2xp9yqm4-1375838752.jpg

TCRS

Banned
Ok, so I don't really follow Australian politics and I don't know why Tony is so bad, but I read he wants to stop the development of the optical fibre network? No 21st century for you I guess loool

But seriously, wtf.

What then to do about Tony of Libernats?
Miracle wonderman, hero of fools.

No riots, no army, no policy, all slogans.

One thing I'll say for him -- Tony is cool.

We dare not leave him to his own devices.
His half-witted fans will get out of control.

But how can we stop him?
His glamour increases
By leaps every moment; he's top of the poll.

I see bad things arising.
The Murdoch crowned king; which the lefties would ban.
I see blood and destruction,
Our elimination because of one man.
Blood and destruction because of one man.

Because, because, because of one man.

Our elimination because of one man.

Because, because, because of one, 'cause of one, 'cause of one man.

What then to do about this Tony-mania?

How to we deal with a Liberal king?

Where do we start with a man who is bigger
Than John was when John did his battler thing?

Fools, you have no perception!
The stakes we are gambling are frighteningly high!
We must crush him completely,
So like John before him, this Tony must die.
For the sake of the nation, this Tony must die.

Must die, must die, this Tony must die.

So like John before him, this Tony must die.

Must die, must die, this Tony must, Tony must, Tony must die!

Omikron

Ok, so I don't really follow Australian politics and I don't know why Tony is so bad, but I read he wants to stop the development of the optical fibre network? No 21st century for you I guess loool

But seriously, wtf.

Mobile internet is all we need.

bomma_man

Incompetent local labor govt, state level economic depression and high unemployment, greens in minority with labor.

Problematic Labor/green state government is probably the cause.

Labor and Green induced austerity, death of forestry industry (justified) with nothing to make up for it (unjustified). Tasmania is a quagmire you guys could not even comprehend. It will require significant education, housing and job funding that we're not going to get, especially under the Liberals.

At least Wilkie got in. A Wilkie/left faction labor/non hippie green party would be so good. I baptise them the Social Democratic Party.

i take it this palmer guy... is not a good guy? lol

He's an insane megalomaniac billionaire who wants to spend his own cash doing some crazy vanity projects like building a full size replica of the Titanic. Compared to a lot of politicians, at least he's pretty amusing in that 1920s billionaire sort of way.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yeah I'm just planning on buffering the Youtubes up at night before bed and watch them before heading to work in the morning. Or when I get home from work as most won't be ready in the morning anyway.

Could be worse.

Youtube videos only buffer 20 seconds or so...
Oor is that the joke :(

Yagharek

Labor and Green induced austerity, death of forestry industry (justified) with nothing to make up for it (unjustified). Tasmania is a quagmire you guys could not even comprehend. It will require significant education, housing and job funding that we're not going to get, especially under the Liberals.

At least Wilkie got in. A Wilkie/left faction labor/non hippie green party would be so good. I baptise them the Social Democratic Party.

Nailed in one.

We had to leave tassie for work. ie there is none in tas. It's australia's own private spain, minus warmth and gareth bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom