• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Looks like my electorate Banks is going to go Liberal's way which I'm really sad about. The Labor MP Daryl Melham has held this spot since 1990. Very sad to see him lose it after 23 years.

Rich man divorced from reality who spends his time on insane projects like Titanic 2 and installing replica dinosaurs in gardens.

Worried about the ninjas getting him.

He's an insane megalomaniac billionaire who wants to spend his own cash doing some crazy vanity projects like building a full size replica of the Titanic. Compared to a lot of politicians, at least he's pretty amusing in that 1920s billionaire sort of way.

Imagine Ross Perot, then make him obsessed with dinosaur parks and rebuilding the titanic as a serious platform.

i read one quote and thought you guys were joking but..........holy shit ahahaha

Bishop89

well....we're fucked.

ss-internet-speed.jpg

goodnight, sweet prince.

You know... with the parallels to Keating's reign... and Howard's eleven years thereafter which would mean--

woah dat swing to independents in Ms. Mirabella's electorate

dat swing

Jintor

What's the Senate looking like?

Julie Bishop on ABC24, not as terrible as Mirrabella I guess... somewhat stepford smiler, but not actively venomous afaik...

That blazer is certainly blue

Oh fuck yeah cheers

Even without the units of measurement on the X-axis, that graph doesn't look like it has any correlation at all. In fact it just feels salty to me.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing B1.
There is definitely a large concentration around the lower end and the swing level moves down as you move further to the right of the x axis.

Education is based on "number of people with bachelor, grad dip and post grad degrees"

Wait Clive Palmer may win a seat, Sophie Mirabella may lose her's, Diaz might not win a unlosable seat and completely disappear forever, Wilkie and Bandt win. Could be a lost worse!

Jintor

So when are we making the new OT thread? When Rudd concedes or Abbott declares?

I suggest we pack that thing as full of salt as possible.

Jintor

New thread? We'll all be dead from the suicide pact, it'll just be a Ventron/PhantomZone echo chamber.

"Australia elects boat-fearing, gay-hating, sexist misogynist bumbling asshole"

Although of course that won't be in any way accurate because Australia votes in the party, not the leader (AS WE HAVE ALL LEARNED OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS)

Ventron

It's a pretty simple graph to read.

The only thing you could conclude from that graph is there are more electorates with lesser percentage of people with degrees. I know people in this thread are desperate to believe this but come on. You know there is no trend. I know there is no trend.

Even if there was, and I'm giving this way more ground than it deserves, but even if there was, what happened to correlation is not causation?

It'll be fun to see the infighting flare up in the Coalition once again now that they've won.
I don't know if I approve of this sentiment; I still sincerely hope that whoever governs the country still does their very best for the country and that they act in Australia's interests regardless of their ideological affiliation. I'd like Abbot to do "good" because that will, hopefully hopefully hopefully hopefully, align with my conception of good and hopefully your conception of good. Politics is a pragmatic business and--

hey wait a second

julie bishop as foreign minister

hmm

hmmm

HMMMM

Ahh well, seeing Australia in shambles for pure ideological satisfaction doesn't really float my boat. As long as the sausage sizzle is as good in three years!

Well done Liberal Party, good job Australia. Three years later than it should have been but time to erase the last 6 years of horrendous government.

Dead Man

The only thing you could conclude from that graph is there are more electorates with lesser percentage of people with degrees. I know people in this thread are desperate to believe this but come on. You know there is no trend. I know there is no trend.

Even if there was, and I'm giving this way more ground than it deserves, but even if there was, what happened to correlation is not causation?

Nobody has said anything about causation except you. And if you can't see the correlation there, I don't think I will be able to help you over the internet. There is a cluster for all education levels between -5 an +10, yeah? And only in the lower education levels do you see the very large swings. It is pretty clear. It may not be a strong correlation, but it is a very clear one.

tsumineko

I suggest we pack that thing as full of salt as possible.

Let's salt it so much we gotta eat some Red Rock Deli for relief.

"Australia elects boat-fearing, gay-hating, sexist misogynist bumbling asshole"

Although of course that won't be in any way accurate because Australia votes in the party, not the leader (AS WE HAVE ALL LEARNED OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS)

Jesus christ, that's perfect!

I'm not so sure about this graph either, without better access to the data, I can see maybe a slight tendency here to what he is suggesting, but with no great confidence level. A 1-2% level difference between say outer suburbs of major cites and the ACT could easily be explained by many things.

If one of my undergrads or post candidates came to me with this and called it definitive, I'd laugh it off.

Edit: I just found out the Wallabies are playing tonight, who knew!

lexi

Banned
Well done Liberal Party, good job Australia. Three years later than it should have been but time to erase the last 6 years of horrendous government.

One of the Strongest economies in the western world, low unemployment, strong policy initiatives... Yeah we're really in dire straits. Fuckwit.

Dead Man

ABC frontpage:
although Kevin Rudd and other senior figures will keep their seats and the voter rebellion in Western Sydney appears to not be as bad as the party had feared.
So why did you pander to them you Labor fucks?!
I'm not so sure about this graph either, without better access to the data, I can see maybe a slight tendency here to what he is suggesting, but with no great confidence level. A 1-2% level difference between say outer suburbs of major cites and the ACT could easily be explained by many things.

If one of my undergrads or post candidates came to me with this and called it definitive, I'd laugh it off.

Yeah, it is a weak correlation, but it is clear one.

I can forsee Monday being full of depressed public servants on the phone to me. Joy.
On the plus side they might outsource even more of the Department of Housing than they already have so that would be a nice win for our company in terms of revenue (sorry tax payers lol).

Jintor

Man, I could stomach it if Turnbull had been leading. Even with the amazing policy backflip a few nights ago, he's still a politician who seems at least halfway human.

But jesus fucking Christ. Tony Abbott? Fucking Tony Abbott? Christ. That's the person who is going to represent Australia to the world. Hoo, boy.

Dead Man

Man, I could stomach it if Turnbull had been leading. Even with the amazing policy backflip a few nights ago, he's still a politician who seems at least halfway human.

But jesus fucking Christ. Tony Abbott? Fucking Tony Abbott? Christ. That's the person who is going to represent Australia to the world. Hoo, boy.

All I can think of to call him is a baddie. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom