• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrendous: Extremely unpleasant, horrifying, or terrible: Quite the accurate description of Labor

Yeah man these last 22 years of recession have been tough ay
And those cost of living rises Abbott kept talking about? Man were they fucked when they happened!
Thank god Joe Hockey will save us from the economic crisis he sensibly keeps reminding us of. That $6 billion of savings or about 0.3% will come in handy.

bomma_man

BTiycwNCEAEHtBc.png:large

:lol :lol :lol

ABC reporting out of a stalker's bedroom hahah

Someone was smoking an ecigarrette in there earlier. Possibly a decent party.

DrSlek

Well done Liberal Party, good job Australia. Three years later than it should have been but time to erase the last 6 years of horrendous government.

If we go in to a recession, I am going to go out of my way to resurrect this thread and laugh my fucking head off.

....and then cry my eyes out.

petulant shit

Hey PhantomZone, I'm going to call you a piece of shit but I'm not going to tell you why~

Maybe if Labor were not so inept focusing more on popularity polls and changing leaders so often to lift numbers. And actually addressed the concerns of the Australian people, then maybe so many previous voters would not have jumped ship and voted elsewhere.

It is a bitter pill, the sooner you swallow it the easier it will be to accept.

If we go in to a recession, I am going to go out of my way to resurrect this thread and laugh my fucking head off.

....and then cry my eyes out.

It is basically unavoidable thanks to Labor's spend happy nature

So the coalition victory is basically confirmed at this point, right?

Yep, there's zero chance Labor can win.

Maybe if Labor were not so inept focusing more on popularity polls and changing leaders so often to lift numbers. And actually addressed the concerns of the Australian people, then maybe so many previous voters would not have jumped ship and voted elsewhere.

Hey PhantomZone, I'll stop being coy with you. You're a piece of shit and still haven't articulated why the Labor party is just so bad. Your claim assumes voters actually make informed decisions. Most do not.

The LNP plans to save 6 billion across 4 years provided everything goes to plan. This is 0.5% of the annual budget.

DjRoomba

Banned
Lol I voted no. 1 the greens, and no.1 in senate the Aus Drug Policy Reform. Were there any justice in Aus both would win.....

So overall I make it:

* Coalition comfortable win, about what was expected
* Labor did manage to hold things together. A lot of seats are now in play for the next election but they still have them.
* The greens had a terrible result, losing a quarter of their support.
* A lot of the lost Labor/Green support went to "others" like the Palmer party. The Palmer party will most likely have senate power or at least representation.
* The much maligned Western Sydney actually mostly went for Labor. Victoria on the other hand has swung to the Liberals.

The key from here seems to be Labor getting their shit together and the Liberals seeing if they can actually lead now they have the keys. Grabbing back the Palmer votes next time seems to be the key for both parties.

I believe the election was lost on the lack of unity. That is not to say the Liberals could not have won on policy.... But they never even had to try so we will never know.

Thanks to the thread participants for the great discussion. I will say that calling people morons for their choice isn't on, but I understand things can get emotional.

Hopefully things only get better for the country. Like it or not the Liberals have the job and I wish them the best.

seldead

Lol if you wannna extrapolate upper house seats this early on I thinks its more shocking that the LNP don't have a single member in the NSW or Vic senate. A double dissolution on the cards?

markot

Banned

See, this is why its pretty obvious that the plot graph before was accurate. People believe this stuff. They actually believe it. They dont need facts. And when a big part of the electorate doesnt need facts. We are fucked.

Darklord

Banned
I'm glad Tony got in. Not because I voted Liberal, not because I think he'll go an amazing job, but because I'm sick of hearing Labor voters froth at the mouth and cry dooms day on my FB for the last several weeks. Gilard was horse shit, Rudd was below average. Might as well give this guy a go. And if he's the monster of all monsters like people cry then everyone will hate his leading and he'll be gone in 3 years time. Hell, if they're like Labor maybe less than that and replace him.

Shaneus

Man, I could stomach it if Turnbull had been leading. Even with the amazing policy backflip a few nights ago, he's still a politician who seems at least halfway human.

But jesus fucking Christ. Tony Abbott? Fucking Tony Abbott? Christ. That's the person who is going to represent Australia to the world. Hoo, boy.
You know what? That's okay. Because at least the pathetic policies will have an equally pathetic man representing them. And when people see Australia as a racist or homophobic country with backwards restrictions on things like THE FUCKING INTERNET and video games, at least we can point at him and say "that's everything bad you think about Australia personified. I did not vote for him".

New thread? We'll all be dead from the suicide pact, it'll just be a Ventron/PhantomZone echo chamber.
Fuck, I forgot to buy the shoes. Do you have any spare? Also, I need Kool-Aid.

Thanks to the thread participants for the great discussion. I will say that calling people morons for their choice isn't on, but I understand things can get emotional.

We're onyl getting angry at one person and he's just spewing talking points or drive-by posting. What do you expect? He's like the TheKayle of the Gaming side only that the TheKayle at least sources articles (poorly).

I'm glad Tony got in. Not because I voted Liberal, not because I think he'll go an amazing job, but because I'm sick of hearing Labor voters froth at the mouth and cry dooms day on my FB for the last several weeks..

Yeah I agree, this is the best way to decide our government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom