• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
Sensible move

If he didn't get in this time there was really no point on staying around and really he had no chance in hell but he got his power move over the person that threw him out and left as PM. I'd say he'd still count it as a victory for him.

Dat respect for a PM.
... !upvote Rubixcuba

Will confess sir, did smile~ =P

Well, to be honest, if Labor can scrap a few more seats -- they didn't do that bad! Reasonably competitive for the next election and most seats seemed to have been won on more local issues rather than the ostensible "big picture". So, congratulations Kev, thanks for the balloons!!!

Yagharek

If he didn't get in this time there was really no point on staying around and really he had no chance in hell but he got his power move over the person that threw him out and left as PM. I'd say he'd still count it as a victory for him.

Exactly. They need a new leader and some kind of stability. The Rudd/Gillard era was toxic in appearance even though the country was going swimmingly.

Beazley should never have been rolled. He would be claiming a third term tonight otherwise.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So I'm guessing the election results have come in? Do you guys have a handy website link so I can see the electoral results? I'm curious.

The party that is anti-immigration, weaker foreign aid, and anti-sexual equality won.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Rudd did well, held enough seats to make Labor competitive for the next election.
Reform will be good, the new generation will do well to unite and take it hard to Abbott over every single one of his promises.
Exciting times ahead.

So... backbench? Cabinet? Retirement?

MP3_GameGuy%27sRoulette.JPG

bonercop

lol australia, you were like the one western country that didn't choose to self-destruct by throwing basic economic theory out of the window in favor of (utterly unnecessary) austerity to quell manufactured deficit-hysteria.

prepare your anuses.

gloomy

Neo Member
All the talk about of Rudd transforming after being ousted was so incredibly wrong. As if he was sent to a hermitage in the mountains and achieved enlightenment.
He ended up being an even greater caricature of himself.

It will be interesting to see how the media treats Tony now he has the top job.

DrSlek

Abandon all hope.

You know, if they really wanted to stop the boats, a picture of Abbott with this slogan placed on boueys around Australia would probably work.

Edit: I've downed an entire bottle of mead by myself...I may regret this in the morning.

markot

Banned
Why oh why dont we have computertronic voting >_<?

Stupid counters count so slow, then they take tomorrow off or something? GET TO WORK!!!!!!

I want to know the senate results!

I really hope Rudd steps down now and disappears from politics. He's been nothing but a pain in the arse and a divisive and disruptive influence on the ALP.

What the fuck? First you call me a fuck wit, now a cunt? I did research them, dickhead.

Your exact words were "I don't know or care about the other options enough to vote for them" and "So I'm a fuckwit for not blinding voting for something I don't know about?"

So either you were lying then or you're lying now. Cunt.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Don't forget anti-infrastructure that isn't roads

I don't even fucking drive euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

But a pro-racist is likely coming in - Pauline Hanson. Holy crap how did she do it? The ABC thing is down for NSW Senate so can't check but is she still in the Top 6?

Hanson getting a seat is about as grim as it gets. With shit like that, a part of me feels guilty for not being as politically active as I maybe should be, while another part is genuinely disgusted and ashamed of the country I call home.

Australians are such an unbearably stupid populous at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom