• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
He wont cause trouble, he knows its over now.

You guys just dont get it, they dont just quit parliament and force by elecitons unless they dont have much choice. What else does he have on his plate? He isnt going to be a focal point for trouble, he will be a quiet back bencher.

Its just stupid, and sticks a knife in the party to force a by election. Its just not cricket.

gloomy

Neo Member
I don't even fucking drive euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

+1 the Bullet Train party. But they got less votes than the Rise Up Australia party.

133425133269.jpg

Darklord

Banned
Your exact words were "I don't know or care about the other options enough to vote for them" and "So I'm a fuckwit for not blinding voting for something I don't know about?"

So either you were lying then or you're lying now. Cunt.

No you didn't, you said you didn't.

Alright, he can have 12 months, then he needs to gtfo.

To correct myself, I still knew about my options. None of them interested me enough to fully support them. I didn't look at the ballot and go "why is dem der more than 2 people to vote for? Dis is all too confusing derr!". It's the first time I chose not to vote and hopefully next time there'll be someone better. I might not have known EVERY policy of every person but I knew enough. But unless you're into politics then no one knows every detail now do they?

Bernbaum

The number of bald white heads in this audience is creating a mess of lens flares on my TV screen that would put JJ Abrams to shame.

Pauline Hanson is/was running for the Senate? And might actually win? Jesus Christ.

I'll admit I haven't been paying a lot of attention this election, so this is really a 1-2 punch after seeing today's results.

hidys

I don't even fucking drive euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

Hanson getting a seat is about as grim as it gets. With shit like that, a part of me feels guilty for not being as politically active as I maybe should be, while another part is genuinely disgusted and ashamed of the country I call home.

Australians are such an unbearably stupid populous at times.

Hanson getting a seat is not the fault of the voters. It is the fault of the dodgy senate voting system that doesn't give proper control of preference flows to the voter.

Jintor

Pauline Hanson is/was running for the Senate? And might actually win? Jesus Christ.

I'll admit I haven't been paying a lot of attention this election, so this is really a 1-2 punch after seeing today's results.

We (I) jumped the gun. NSW senate results are undergoing technical issues right now

Moxx19

Banned
On behalf of my statesmen.

I sincerely apologise for what Queensland has done to Australia.

I have done all I could, but alas, I am only one man.

Jintor

Eh, I don't agree with a lot of what he's saying, and I think he's an arsehole, but he's not dragging his shit around the stage or anything.

mandiller

It would force a by-election in which Labor would probably lose another seat.

So? The idea that Rudd is still lurching in the backbench will not help anything at all. It will always damage Labor and be used as ammunition by PM Abbott.

You can't draw a line under the Rudd/Gillard saga if Rudd is still hanging around going "Remember me?"

DrSlek

On behalf of my statesmen.

I sincerely apologise for what Queensland has done to Australia.

I have done all I could, but alas, I am only one man.

Didn't Queensland retain all of its Labor seats? If we want somebody to blame, it's Tasmania!

tborsje

A few of the parties getting Senate seats according to ABC:

Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party
Palmer United Party
Family First Party
Nick Xenophon Group
Liberal Democratic Party

Rubixcuba

Banned
So? The idea that Rudd is still lurching in the backbench will not help anything at all. It will always damage Labor and be used as ammunition by PM Abbott.

You can't draw a line under the Rudd/Gillard saga if Rudd is still hanging around going "Remember me?"
A sitting Prime Minister losing their seat is the worst blow, much like what happened to Howard in 2007.

Unlike when Rudd lost his position the first time, there is no reason or expectation that a politician who lost an election would scheme to regain his position again. It's much too pessimistic position to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom