• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Fuck you South Australia
UmTFLsH.png

Now that the liberal party has turned up in the NSW senate calculations, the potential result is even more interesting:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2013/results/senate/nsw/

Not only is Hanson no where to be seen, but the Liberal Democrats are polling 3rd! Clearly as they were 2nd on the ticket and the libs down the far end, morons have accidentally voted for the lib/dems!

God that would make me laugh. Lib Dems are lunatics too, but it would crack me up.

Liberals were always going to get 2-3 Senate quotas in NSW.
The Liberal Democrats are pro hidden guns woo
People definitely confused the names.

wonzo

Banned
I'm glad SHY retained her seat after Xenophon's populist posturing.
Talk about salty. I didn't not vote because of laziness. I CHOSE not to vote. It's my choice and yes, if a leader sucks arse then I can complain. Better than just throwing it away on a donkey vote like tons of people do.
There's absolutely no excuse for donkey voting in a system with the preferential vote and no mental gymnastics will make it any less pathetic and petulant.

Well I must say if you told me Tony Abbott would take over as prime minister from Rudd five years ago I would have laughed at you. But there we go.

I also feel it's not a bad idea to compile all of the promises made by the Liberals so we can hold them to account in three more years. Because it seems the medias memory can be shorter than the publics.

Looking forward to the Senate results.

Liberals were always going to get 2-3 Senate quotas in NSW.
The Liberal Democrats are pro hidden guns woo
People definitely confused the names.

I think the Liberal Party took them to court/AEC to have the Lib dems change their name some years ago as they claimed it would cause confusion. They were knocked back, maybe they should have pursued the case harder.

All of these results are very very provisional, very small changes that result in a change of position of the ballot can easily result in the change from winning a seat and being knocked out very early in the count. It's all about not finishing last at each count, the longer you stay alive even with 1/10th of a quota the better your chances even over much larger parties.

It's looking like the Greens might hang on to their 2010 numbers. Regained the 3 senate seats of 2007 and Melbourne. 2016 will mean everything for them.

Can't get a read on what it means for the balance of power, but looks like it might mean the balance of power for minor right parties.

I can't believe we have a PM named "Tony".

I hope you voted, hon.

Not only did I vote, I voted below the line, meaning I had to number 54 candidates in order for my ballot to be counted. I didn't even know there were that many people in Hobart, let alone candidates.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not only did I vote, I voted below the line, meaning I had to number 54 candidates in order for my ballot to be counted. I didn't even know there were that many people in Hobart, let alone candidates.

Oh you poor man. Try 97.

lexi

Banned
It's looking like the Greens might hang on to their 2010 numbers. Regained the 3 senate seats of 2007 and Melbourne. 2016 will mean everything for them.

Can't get a read on what it means for the balance of power, but looks like it might mean the balance of power for minor right parties.

I heard they may have gained 1 or 2 senate seats?

I can't believe we have a PM named "Tony".

Oh you poor baby. We had yours twice over +1.

Dead Man

In what regard?

Got into quite the nasty shit fight with the Greens, neither side came out looking well, is always light on for details on policies, he is quite happy to go along with the current asylum seeker rubbish.

Alright, he's not terrible, I may have over reacted, but he's not great.

Darklord

Banned
Cant believe no promised nbn :(

Honestly, I have a feeling because it's already underway that they'll keep it going. If it costs a shit load then they can turn around and go "Labors fault, we wanted it gone!" and if it turns out fantastic then they'll take the credit. They can't lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom