• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW SOUTH WALES REPRESENT

I guess we did alright. Considering we have the almighty bastion that is Western Sydney, it seems like Rooty Hill shouldn't have come at the expense of our neighbours down south.

Card Boy

Banned
BTj4r9zCEAAMv22.jpg:large

Leigh Sales makes a cameo appearance!

It's Skyler White.

We've got it all. Darkies are bad, teh gayz will kill marriage, all of it. Well, not so much religious crazy stuff, but give Abbott a few weeks, he'll get there.
Ooh! Ooh! Do you have some people saying that gay marriage/transgender folks will usher in a genderless society? Cause we have that!
They try to talk it up as being extra bad for us 'cause of some kind of "hole" in the "ozone layer" but you know how untrustworthy scientists are. I ain't never heard of no "hole". I bet they made those words up just to swindle us.
We have some of that same stuff over here.
Not only did I vote, I voted below the line, meaning I had to number 54 candidates in order for my ballot to be counted. I didn't even know there were that many people in Hobart, let alone candidates.
Good! I want you to be an active citizen. Hm. Was this for your House seat with preferential voting?

THRILLH0

Banned
"I couldn't be arsed to spend ten minutes researching my options" is the very definition of laziness, you useless cunt.

Your exact words were "I don't know or care about the other options enough to vote for them" and "So I'm a fuckwit for not blinding voting for something I don't know about?"

So either you were lying then or you're lying now. Cunt.

Get the fuck out of here. Jesus christ how are you still posting?

Ooh! Ooh! Do you have some people saying that gay marriage/transgender folks will usher in a genderless society? Cause we have that!

Good! I want you to be an active citizen. Hm. Was this for your House seat with preferential voting?

We've got the one that schools will teach children to be gay! Loved that nonsense

I heard they may have gained 1 or 2 senate seats?

At the moment, according to the ABC, they got up in Vic, Tas and SA.
Nothing on WA, and the ACT is close between Greens and the Libs who have a slight edge.

Edit: Not that it really matters, because a bunch of minor-right hacks are going to hold the balance of power.

Jintor

ABC is saying the Senate is not going to be able to block, but the new composition won't kick in until July next year I guess.

Dead Man

No, we don't have that, but only because the bigots can't understand most of the words that would be used to describe that idea ;)

Greens have got demolished this election. Seems Australians hate the environment
Greens need a name change, Australians do hate the environment.
ABC is saying the Senate is not going to be able to block, but the new composition won't kick in until July next year I guess.

God damn it. That is even worse than the wanker being PM.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Greens have got demolished this election. Seems Australians hate the environment

It is interesting I think. Kinda shows they get a lot of votes simply because they aren't the two major parties. So that vote got split a little more this time around.

Greens weren't demolished, they held their 07 result. 10 was an anomaly that they maybe didn't capitalise on, but they've held their base.

Though I'm still bloody disappointed.

Kinda sucks that Australia has it so good and we're just not willing to help out those that don't have it off as well as us.

We're a very selfish society.

Jintor

Jesus, Ruddock holds nearly 61% of the vote on first party-preferred basis in Berowra.

Let's see how even more blue Bradfield has gone.

.edit jesus, 64.8%. "One of the safest Liberal cunt- seats in the country" lol

Moxx19

Banned
A slightly encouraging post from my Facebook feed:

"Might be a good idea to wait to see how this dude does as a PM before you jump the gun. Since when has a politician ever kept their promises anyway!? Lol."

Now I may be wrong on this but were the greens really that effective as the balance of power? I mean you look at stuff like their stance on immigration - it was commendable but unfortunately all that did was lead to a much, much....much worse outcome for boat people. Labor was keen on offshore processing and/or detention, the greens could have influenced a much more humane version.

KAP151

“We are absolutely confident that 25 megs is going to be enough, more than enough, for the average household”

This is our Prime Minister and its 2013.

Well done Australia, well done.

Jintor

Fairfax still too close to call, but it's either Palmer or the Libs.

LOL SLIPPER WITH 1.4% OF THE VOTE AS AN INDIE hahahaha

PirateKing

Funny you should say that because after today's debacle of an election, all I could think about was moving to Japan and getting the fuck out of here.

Legit I would if I had the money. Now with the new PM, I won't be able to find a job even if tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom