• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Annabel Crabb is trying to invent a new way each time to introduce the next seat for the summary! She's up to F and starting to struggle.

Jintor

I'm hopefully off next year.

Man, Diaz grabbed 39% of the vote in Green... way? even with that devastating interview earlier in the month.

Shaneus

tumblr_mjjvkiQhIs1rd0p8io1_500.jpg
Country, not planet. We can still go elsewhere.

They can't stop the boats from leaving.

PS. NOT MY FAULT, SUCK IT EVERYONE ELSE..

I love you.

legend166

“We are absolutely confident that 25 megs is going to be enough, more than enough, for the average household”

This is our Prime Minister and its 2013.

Well done Australia, well done.

I'd prefer we got the FTTP NBN, but I really don't see much wrong with this statement. Seems pretty accurate.

Decided to check my electorate. With ~81% of the votes counted:

ch8obPV.png

What's the bet that the 2% from Christian Democrats went straight to Rise Up? Pretty good, I reckon. Surprisingly little swing against Labor, seems most of that base held strong (though, being a safe Liberals seat, it didn't matter).

If you're wondering where some of the extra numbers come from, we had Democrat, Secular and a couple of Independent candidates in 2010.

PirateKing

Friend of mine taught in South Korea a few years ago, she said it was pretty good.
Honestly I wouldn't mind any of those Asian countries. Language is a funny thing yet so fun. Japanese would be my next because of how much Anime and video games come from there so my hobby can boost it up.

I'd be up for it. Though I don't know the slightest Japanese.

4 years and you'll be fluent in Japanese. I'm almost fluent in English, yet I knew not even the alphabet of English when I arrived here.

Kanyon

Yeah I've got a friend who's been teaching English in Japan for the last 7 or 8 years, highly recommends it... All you need is a uni degree of any kind and you're qualified to teach English.

I think the thing that has pissed me off the most about this election is the sheer amount of misinformation (from both sides) being trotted out by politicians. Add onto that the bullshit that comes up in my FB newsfeed that really just questions my sanity. One example:

"Great, now that the Liberals are in we can get the cheaper, better NBN."

I mean what in the flying fuck?! Unless they're being so brilliantly sarcastic in what fantasy land is a copper network faster and more future proof than a scalable fibre network?! But hey, who cares right when it's all about stopping the boats, the "weak" economy and the cost of living.

KAP151

I'd prefer we got the FTTP NBN, but I really don't see much wrong with this statement. Seems pretty accurate.

I for one would like to actually get some sort of Internet that is at least comparable to the rest of the free world before I move into my 40's.

In terms of speed, reliability, cost, convenience etc.

Heavens forbid we move on from Copper wiring from 1800's....

Dead Man

Yeah, it's enough for the next few years, the trouble is that it will not be enough in 10 or 15 years time, and then we will either need to build everything properly, or just fall behind.

markot

Banned
I for one would like to actually get some sort of Internet that is at least comparable to the rest of the free world before I move into my 40's.

In terms of speed, reliability, cost, convenience etc.

Heavens forbid we move on from Copper wiring from 1800's....
Or have something that may be competitive in 20 years and not obsolete.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
A few of the parties getting Senate seats according to ABC:

Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party
Palmer United Party
Family First Party
Nick Xenophon Group
Liberal Democratic Party

Good on Nick X.

Dudes baller.

I remember last time he got in, fairly early on he played fucking hardball. Agreed to agree to policies that he already agreed on (otherwise a no vote) to get his big ticket items happening (more water for SA. Fucking vics stealing it all) or something such!

Long story short. SA loves him, and so we should

legend166

Has anyone ever been right making a technological prediction? "640K of memory should be more than enough for anybody" and all that.

Well he didn't say it would be enough forever.

I'm a heavy internet user. I use Netflix, I download games on Steam, I video Skype, I work from home occasionally. I'm currently on 14mbps. Would I love 100mbps? Sure! But I think 25mbps is going to be enough for most people.

I understand the arguments about just going all the way if we're gonna do it at all, and I agree to a certain extent. I just don't think getting 25mbps minimum is the disaster people are painting it as for the wider electorate.

vanty

Good on Nick X.

Dudes baller.

I remember last time he got in, fairly early on he played fucking hardball. Agreed to agree to policies that he already agreed on (otherwise a no vote) to get his big ticket items happening (more water for SA. Fucking vics stealing it all) or something such!

Long story short. SA loves him, and so we should
Isn't he a "wind turbines making me deaf omg" guy now?

This can't be serious right? Joke tweeter account?
Real.

markot

Banned
Well he didn't say it would be enough forever.

I'm a heavy internet user. I use Netflix, I download games on Steam, I video Skype, I work from home occasionally. I'm currently on 14mbps. Would I love 100mbps? Sure! But I think 25mbps is going to be enough for most people.

I understand the arguments about just going all the way if we're gonna do it at all, and I agree to a certain extent. I just don't think getting 25mbps minimum is the disaster people are painting it as for the wider electorate.
You can't talk about waste and then half ass it. It's like renovating your house even though you know you'll need to demolish it and rebuild 5 years later. Do it properly or don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom