• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGAF |OT| Boats? What Boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Great, I have to find out like this. This is what I get for going to sleep at 3pm and waking at midnight. Now I've got all this frustration and no tv to direct it at.

Ban Puncher

Do it! Everyone come down here, we're awesome. Although if you do, then more fuckwits will be voted in up north.

We need to do this shit to QLD:
tumblr_mpwlznMPEa1rwttbfo1_400.gif

Wd0u8Fz.gif

lexi

Banned
Wonder how much the departure of Bob Brown had on it.

That was a huge loss though this isn't 'devastating' for the greens, they've retained Melbourne and made massive inroads in primary vote in surrounding electorates. They will continue to grow as a political force while Palmer will end up like Homer when he was elected sanitation commissioner.

Wonder how much the departure of Bob Brown had on it.

The major parties have been pretty unkind to the Greens. The LNP hate them. Labor banks on their alliance but realizes that its their lunch the Greens are eating. It's actually interesting how much the Green Vote surges around the area where there's actually a Green representative , I guess having someone there and them distinctly not being a Communist really helps.

m3k

i wonder how long it will take until we start seeing reforms happen...

im a teacher soooooooooo yeah i know its not gonna be pretty.... we've been living it up and sucking the country dry apparently

lexi

Banned

im a teacher soooooooooo yeah i know its not gonna be pretty.... we've been living it up and sucking the country dry apparently

Teechers!!!! I knew it was them, even when it was the boats I knew it was them.

The LNP promised Gonski to the states for 6 years IIRC. So you're good for a while. Unless you're pre-primary or tertiary.

m3k

The LNP promised Gonski to the states for 6 years IIRC. So you're good for a while. Unless you're pre-primary or tertiary.

i have a feeling thats their interpretation of the gonski reforms.... our funding is getting cut to a quarter from like 10 bill to 2 or 3

next year is fine for me personally but after that *shrugs*

Ventron

I wouldn't mind really. I kind of accepted an LNP government in 2013 in 2010. You've been really civil too so I know its not malicious.

Honestly, after the drubbing you get in here you've probably earned it :p Been real civil, even if I substantially disagree with you on a lotta shit.

Sure, why not.

#QLDVotes

MqVREAk.jpg

One of the Strongest economies in the western world, low unemployment, strong policy initiatives... Yeah we're really in dire straits. Fuckwit.

YDNBMZA.jpg

So much eye rolling.

I3kEqtP.gif

jey_16

Banned
So the senate looks like a clusterfuck....Family First, LDP, Palmer United, Motoring Enthusiast Party & Sports Party.

ALP/Greens won't be able to block anything

Shandy

So the senate looks like a clusterfuck....Family First, LDP, Palmer United, Motoring Enthusiast Party & Sports Party.

Courtesy of bizarre preferences that 90% of the country had no clue about.

Except Palmer United, that was probably bizarre voters.

Rezbit

Just gonna be an ignoramus for a sec...NDIS and Gonski are already through, right? Libs won't cancel it? I mean it sucks fucking donkey balls about NBN but those two are still ok?

Also seems like Libs don't have a Senate majority at this point, that's something at least.

Ban Puncher

Did you make that or have I seen it before? I'm thinking it looks familiar now you've posted it.

Either way... it's perfect :)

I wish I could claim to be that talented but I lived up to my convict heritage and stole the shit out of that .jif from somewhere on the internet.

Courtesy of bizarre preferences that 90% of the country had no clue about.

Except Palmer United, that was probably bizarre voters.

And Liberal Democrat. That was clearly from people in NSW not reading their senate ballot paper properly, and mixing up the LDP (who were in position A on the ballot) with the Liberals.

Poona

Fucking cuntlers...

The 'animal justice party' is pretending the liberals over the greens in the act....
The greens who are pretty much an animal justice party already, versus the libs who dont give a damn.

And they got 1%... More then enough to give it to the greens.

I knew something was fishy amor them.... probably just John Howard dressed like a hippy.

It's sad that things like that happen. You would think that if the party you give your number 1 vote to doesn't make it in, then your preference would flow to the party that has the most in common with them. So in what way are the Liberals more kind to animals than the Greens ( or even Labor)?

Shaneus

This is going to be the funniest senate ever!
My guess is that the two PUP reps from the different states that got voted in are going to walk up to each other and go "I know... what the fuck, right?". And I thought Victoria had it bad with that Motorist party or whatever the fuck. Tasmania and QLD have PUP and WA has some sports fucking thing. What a joke.

Just gonna be an ignoramus for a sec...NDIS and Gonski are already through, right? Libs won't cancel it? I mean it sucks fucking donkey balls about NBN but those two are still ok?

Also seems like Libs don't have a Senate majority at this point, that's something at least.

Gonski is all good. The did a backflip on that policy in the last month or so which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom