• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australia tour of South Africa |OT| Battle of the Batsmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

Steyn will be back. Seems to be a common occurrence these days with bowlers coming and going with niggles.

Quality bowling but Clarke does seem out of form. Fatigue related? Haven't seen him bullied by short stuff for a long time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Good innings, despite the working over clarke got. The run-rate is still pretty high, so clarke has all the time in the world to get his head in really, especially with warner ticking on.

hamchan

Pretty great watching Clarke get hammered by Morkel earlier in the day and now he's nearly at his 100 at stumps.

Rezbit

Sucks I had to go to bed as I would have loved to watch that. Awesome work by Clarke to nearly get a hundred after looking out of it. Smith getting it done too, turning into a quality player.

Sucks I had to go to bed as I would have loved to watch that. Awesome work by Clarke to nearly get a hundred after looking out of it. Smith getting it done too, turning into a quality player.

I boiled the kettle at midnight and made a strong coffee to watch the last session. I couldn't end up getting to sleep at the end of the day!

It was great batting by Clarke against morkel and smith played some awesome shots as well.

The pitch was showing some variable bounce and warne said in an interview that Clarke felt it was very variable which didn't help him during morsels barrage.

If Clarke goes on and makes a big hundred here, it will be one of the gutsiest Aussies innings that I have seen for a while. Other batsmen probably would have gone off or try to play an attacking shot but got out. Clarke stuck to his guns and wore some for the team over giving his wicket away. It was a captains innings which you'd expect from an Aussie captain. If he goes on and makes a big hundred, it could go down as his best given the barrage, match situation and series situation.

If steyn doesn't come back in this match, it's going to be bloody tough for South Africa to get back into the game here. They are probably thinking about how they can get the draw already...

It must be pretty serious though judging by the fact that he was sitting in the players lounge with changed clothes and no one working on him, like he had already decided he wasn't going back out for the day 10mins after going off.

Antiwhippy

So steyn likely out for the rest of the match with a hamstring strain.

Shame. It would have been a great match if he played.

Why are they still bowling Philander? Smith is taking him apart with ease.

Why isn't Morkel bowling with Abbott?

Doesn't that make the most sense????

EDIT: One of the best tons you've made Pup! Great work!

Even Clarke under that pressure got Philander away no problems lol

Get him off captain!

Philanders current spell

9 overs, 55-0.

Get him off Smith, what are you doing. Morkel was menacing as FUCK yesterday! Get him in there early! Clarke was off his game! Could have blown him down!

Smith hasn't captained well this series. Too complacent, waiting for the batsmen to get himself out rather than be pro-active.

EDIT: FINALLY.

OH WAIT.

HE'S IN FOR ABBOTT? >_<

kmag

Watson really is a dopey effer isn't he?

Unlucky for Smith, probably one of the worst ball you'll ever see take a wicket, the lack of bounce did him.

Antiwhippy

Same thing was said about PE and look what happened. :p

Of course I don't really expect the south african batsmen to collapse in such an incredible rate, but australia has put itself in a pretty good position with their scoring rate.

Antiwhippy

Abbott is bowling really well. Exactly that nagging line and length that philander should be bowling more consistently.

lolololol whole Aussie box was having a laugh at Warnie sleeping on the job, even Clarke picked it up on the big screen and had smile and shake of the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom