• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australia tour of South Africa |OT| Battle of the Batsmen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnson and Steyn are the two best things going for fast bowling in world cricket at the moment.

Definitely.

Anderson and Broad on song are bloody good to watch as well.

Any time a fast bowler is running in hard and wickets are falling quickly is great to watch and my favourite part of watching cricket.

Even though I cant stand it when Aussies collapse, it is good to watch great spells of bowling such as last night.

As soon as Steyn saw it was reversing, he instantly picked up on it and then it was facinating to firstly see his face, then getting the radar going, then how hard he started running in, then all the wickets falling when he got it all together.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So warner has been fined for accusing the Saffers for tampering to create reverse swing.

Goddamnit warner can you stop embarrassing us? It's like he's never seen reverse swing before.

Rezbit

Yeah it's a real shame those guys got involved in all that dodgy activity. Pakistan could potentially have had Asif, Amir and Junaid as a fast bowling unit which would be good quality, particularly as two of them are still young. I mean Umar Gul is okay, but...

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Yeah it's a real shame those guys got involved in all that dodgy activity. Pakistan could potentially have had Asif, Amir and Junaid as a fast bowling unit which would be good quality, particularly as two of them are still young. I mean Umar Gul is okay, but...

Them plus Ajmal would be terrifying. Shame they were corrupt(ed).

Being a Pakistani myself there's nothing more I miss than Amir and Asif bowling in tandem. But they made their mistakes and have to pay for them.

Particularly sad for Amir who's so young. But in a way it gives him a chance to get back to cricket while he's still young. Asif I think will be past it when the ban ends.

So warner has been fined for accusing the Saffers for tampering to create reverse swing.

Goddamnit warner can you stop embarrassing us? It's like he's never seen reverse swing before.

Comes off as a massive sook. Clarke needs to tell him to pull his head in, but I worry Clarke isn't much better in that regard. It's ok to be disappointed that you didn't win but you need to be humble as well.

Comes off as a massive sook. Clarke needs to tell him to pull his head in, but I worry Clarke isn't much better in that regard. It's ok to be disappointed that you didn't win but you need to be humble as well.

Don't blame him considering Du Plessis got caught ball tampering not too long ago.

Being a Pakistani myself there's nothing more I miss than Amir and Asif bowling in tandem. But they made their mistakes and have to pay for them.

High five!

162577.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, can't wait for the match today.

For all the weird stuff going on, this series has been pretty great, much better than the australian leg of the Ashes. 2 incredibly devastating fast bowling spells from 2 different bowlers, a number of hard fought batting performances in collapsing sides with rogers and AB de villiers. Hoping for a tense final match with australia's win.

Rezbit

Siddle out, Pattinson in. Feels like a good move with that extra pace and aggression. Hope he can repay the faith.

Woo! Cricket!

I'm home this weekend so I can watch the damn thing this time. Sucks it starts on Saturday rather than Friday though, only get one late night before back to work :/

kmag

Rogers gone, pretty loose attempt at a drive think he got carried away a bit by the scoring although it was a ball which nibbled a bit. Still 65-1 isn't a terrible position but you still feel there's the strong possibility of a middle order collapse but this looks a very good pitch for batting.

Rogers gone, pretty loose attempt at a drive think he got carried away a bit by the scoring. Still 65-1 isn't a terrible position but you still feel there's the strong possibility of a middle order collapse.

Isn't there always a strong possibility of a middle order collapse!

kmag

Steyn has gotten the ball to start reverse swinging? In 18 overs on a ground which is lush, and a track which isn't abrasive. Pretty surprising.

That's an old-school Punter pull that one. Had a spot of deja vu there!

Steyn has gotten the ball to start reverse swinging? In 18 overs on a ground which is lush, and a track which isn't abrasive. Pretty surprising.

Maybe Warner was onto something!

;)

Rezbit

Heard an interesting theory that the fact the Aussie top order kept defending straight onto the pitch last test meant the ball reversed quite early and significantly.

Unfortunately can't get to a telly to watch but sounds like warner is letting his bat do the talking after running his mouth a bit lol.

kmag

That should be Doolan for a while unless he pulls something out of the bag in the 2nd innings. He's not even doing his usual of looking classy but getting out 20-40

Rezbit

Doolan doesn't look to have the temperament, much like Marsh and Hughes. One of these flogs needs to not look like a deer in headlights at test level.

kmag

It was just the sort of nonsense innings he played in the last test. Got bogged down and allowed the South Africans who were looking listless to build up pressure and a head of steam.

legend166

Big call, but I feel like this could be the partnership that decides the test. South Africa get another quick one here and we could be out for under 250.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
From the ABC live blog:

"Morkel to Warner.

And Warner takes a single first ball. You heartless demon."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom