• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australia tour of South Africa |OT| Battle of the Batsmen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work bringing Johnson back on. Not letting up.

EDIT: Great work by the cameraman today, picking up plenty of interest in the smallish crowd!

Grug

Must say I am enjoying the understated Sky commentary after a summer of Slater, Healy and Brayshaw filling every second of airtime with utter shit.

Nice not having to hear every 5 minutes about how many bananas Peter Siddle eats.

I only made it through the first test match on FTA before making the switch to Sky2 again. Just insufferable, if anything they got worse this series >.>

Bowling is a bit loose at the moment.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So much fun to read all the england player's tweets (mostly ex players though) going "See! It's not just us!".

Grug

Nice little perve montage there. Laughed at how quickly they cut away when a pasty shirtless white dude got in the frame.

Big spell here by siddle and Lyon.

Aussies were a similar score but made the hard runs when required. Can South Africa do the same...c'mon Aussies!

So a few more overs of Lyon and siddle, bring in Harris for siddle, then Mitchell for Harris to clean the tail up.

About 12-15 moreover before Mitch comes back on, if they are not out before then.

Grug

Foxtel makes late night cricket watching problematic. Their commercials are about 30 decibels higher than the cricket. My sleeping wife is unamused.

Hey grug, off topic but I saw the lions could be in for another long year....I didn't see any of it but saw hawks up by 100 pts during the last quarter.

Grug

Hey grug, off topic but I saw the lions could be in for another long year....I didn't see any of it but saw hawks up by 100 pts during the last quarter.

No Rich, Redden, Rockliff, Moloney, Merrett, Patfull, Brown, Hanley, Staker, McGrath, Leuenberger or Adcock. That is probably 12 of our best 15 players.

Not too concerned at this stage - just a practice match.

No Rich, Redden, Rockliff, Moloney, Merrett, Patfull, Brown, Hanley, Staker, McGrath, Leuenberger or Adcock. That is probably 12 of our best 15 players.

Not too concerned at this stage - just a practice match.

If they are unfit at this stage of preseason then I would be worried, if they were just rested then ok. Don't know why you would rest that many players though.

Grug

If they are unfit at this stage of preseason then I would be worried, if they were just rested then ok. Don't know why you would rest that many players though.

All fit except Staker.

Not sure what Leppitsch was thinking. Think he just wanted to give all the kids a taste of what the big league is like. Not sure what they learn from a drubbing like that though. Expecting a massive class injection vs the Suns next week.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Does lyon actually have any variations? He does it with spin and speed, but I don't I've ever seen him try something like an armball.

Did the commentator just drop the F bomb there?

Pretty sure it was Lyon yelling fuck

Does lyon actually have any variations? He does it with spin and speed, but I don't I've ever seen him try something like an armball.

He has the arm ball, which is the unintentional one that goes straight on.

But he is an orthodox off spinner, you cant expect him to bowl a doosra or caram ball, the Australian youth system wouldn't allow it to be developed in junior cricket. I have played against four people called for chucking in club matches.

Oh I don't really expect him to have a doosra, but I've hardly seen an armball from him.

The running joke is that off spinners never intentionally bowl arm balls, they just happen to be the ones that don't turn.

He does have natural topspin and bounce which is good and he used the angles well when coming around the wicket.

I don't think he needs much more. He is a pretty good test level spinner at the moment and will get better with experience. Doing similar to swann at this time in his career, a bowler with similar repertoire to Lyon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom