• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australia tour of South Africa |OT| Battle of the Batsmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfinke

So it's only day four and who knows, SA may yet win or draw this match. But in any event, what fucking pitch was Smith looking at on the morning of day one where he thought batting last here was desirable? Unless he was banking on steamrolling our batsmen and only batting once through day one/two or two/three... which is the longest of long odds to base a coin toss decision on.

I'm flummoxed at his call.

Yagharek

So it's only day four and who knows, SA may yet win or draw this match. But in any event, what fucking pitch was Smith looking at on the morning of day one where he thought batting last here was desirable? Unless he was banking on steamrolling our batsmen and only batting once through day one/two or two/three... which is the longest of long odds to base a coin toss decision on.

I'm flummoxed at his call.

Ambitious at this stage.

Kind of feel bad for Doolan, succeeding too well at short leg means he's forever destined to be there!

Edit: Better stay up, this is going to be over tonight. Definitely got in McClaren's head there. Mentally not literally though he almost did that too.

Burli

Pringo
As an Englishman this is making me feel a lot better about the Ashes. I'm going to throw this out there and say that Johnson has matured into the most dangerous test bowler in the world.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As an Englishman this is making me feel a lot better about the Ashes. I'm going to throw this out there and say that Johnson has matured into the most dangerous test bowler in the world.

Nah england still didn't play that well.

I won't be surprised if the Saffas come back hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom