• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellycat

He takes it! No one beats Berdych 18 times in a row!! lol

Nadal did well to send it to a tiebreaker. Berdych held his nerve after facing break points at 4-4, and having to see all those mps go by him.

Nobody beats Tomas Berdych 18 times in a row! Tomas played really clutch during the big points. Nadal wasn't at 100% confidence or fitness, and Tomas is a nightmare to play against when you can't defend against him, as Roger knows all too well.

Bigfoot

So what injury did Nadal have? Don't you dare try to tell me he was healthy!
If it's an injury, it's very minor. All players play with aches and pains. No excuse for Rafa... he was moving fine in that last set. Berdych just outplayed him.

sam777

Those first two sets highlighted the lack of playing against quality opponents since Nadal's return.

Hopefully Kyrgios will win later, although to do that his serve will have yo be on point.

hsin

Banned
Incredible match from Berdych. I saw people on other forums talking about making easy money betting on Nadal's 1.60 odds or something. Rough.

KeRaSh

Oh wow! Just got up and checked the results. I had a feeling it was going to end this way but I still got my hopes up a little. :p

RedAssedApe

Banned
Not really a record to be proud of. lol

well shoot...if he doesn't win this slam and never wins a slam in the future...at least its something lol

like they said...it means that you're a great player if you're getting deep enough into the draw to get ousted by one of the GOATs so many times ;)

MIMIC

Banned
Berdych now joins Murray and Tsonga as the only men to have ever beaten The Big 3 in a slam

>>Berdych def.
-Nadal (2015 Australian Open)
-Djokovic (2010 Wimbledon)
-Federer (2010 Wimbledon, 2012 U.S. Open)

Murray def
-Djokovic (2012 U.S. Open, 2013 Wimbledon)
-Federer (2013 Australian Open)
-Nadal (2008 U.S. Open, 2010 Australian Open)

Tsonga def
-Djokovic (2010 Australian Open)
-Nadal (2008 Australian Open)
-Federer (2011 Wimbledon)

LuuKyK

well shoot...if he doesn't win this slam and never wins a slam in the future...at least its something lol

like they said...it means that you're a great player if you're getting deep enough into the draw to get ousted by one of the GOATs so many times ;)

Believe me, as a Sharapova fan, I know that. :(

I caught the third set. Rafa seemed to be playing fine, it's just that he hasn't had the matches against the top guys. Now that Rafa is gone, my pick is Murray. I'd like to see him lift another slam title. What I really could do without is Djokovic on the other side of the net.

Don't know but his forehand lacked power today.

Anybody know what happened to Berdych's hat?

Confidence is a key component of Nadal's game. Possibly the single most important element of his game, as it ties everything else together. I just don't think going into this match, he had the games against the top players to be able to play freely out there. Now, it's all about putting together some form so he can go into the French looking invincible once again.

sam777

Confidence is a key component of Nadal's game. Possibly the single most important element of his game, as it ties everything else together. I just don't think going into this match, he had the games against the top players to be able to play freely out there. Now, it's all about putting together some form so he can go into the French looking invincible once again.

This. He hasn't played any top players, to get in any rhythm, which you could see slowly coming back to him in the third set.

I wouldn't be surprised if from now until the French if he has an awesome run of form.

MIMIC

Banned
Australia needs to calm down. Murray is probably going to beat him in straights.

I'd prefer if Nick won, but....I don't see any upsets here.

Peru

Can we #BanTheGrunt already. Or at least put a fucking filter on it ESPN so only those in attendance hear it.

How about banning assholes like you who are way louder about your views on this every single tournament than the players will ever be? Except when the male players do it. Press mute or don't watch it if you're so sick of it, and don't spend time polluting tennis discussion with it four times of year. Don't anyone dare bring this up in SFs and F.

Why does the ball travel faster in the heat?

More "space" in the air? Can it really have a marked effect on ball speed? Commentators always seem to make a big deal of it.

Why does the ball travel faster in the heat?

More "space" in the air? Can it really have a marked effect on ball speed? Commentators always seem to make a big deal of it.

When anything gets heated it has more energy. The balls will travel faster off the racket and will lose less momentum when bouncing on the court. Sprint records in athletics are usually broken when the conditions are hot (not too hot or it affects the athletes) as this impacts the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom