• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Berdych choked away the only record he was ever going to hold. :/

oti

Banned
I prayed to Zeus, Poseidon and Athena.
Nick's gonna win this now.

They have failed me. Hades, Artemis and Hermes are my new gods now.

Eurosport showing and reading Tweets on Game, Set & Mats is so lazy.
"Hey, instead of making some content ourselves let's just show Tweets!"

Diamond

Kyrgios is still a little bit young but he could do real damage in the draws in the coming months/years. Will be interesting to see his progression.

I'm curious about Murray-Berdych. Berdych actually leads the head to head, 6-4. If I had to choose I'd bet on Murray, he's in great form and is more used to winning these kind of matches, but new, Nadal slayer Berdych will probably be a strong opponent. Taking Nadal and Murray out in a row would definitely be a fantastic performance for him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Kyrgios is still a little bit young but he could do real damage in the draws in the coming months/years. Will be interesting to see his progression.

I'm curious about Murray-Berdych. Berdych actually leads the head to head, 6-4. If I had to choose I'd bet on Murray, he's in great form and is more used to winning these kind of matches, but new, Nadal slayer Berdych will probably be a strong opponent. Taking Nadal and Murray out in a row would definitely be a fantastic performance for him.

Berdych won all 3 clay matches, though, so perhaps not the most indicative. They're 3-3 on hard courts, pretty evenly matched. Berdych seems to be slightly favoured on the slower courts, though - I guess because it gives him more time to set up the forehand - so from that perspective given the AO court speed he's probably in a better position.

You just gotta feel for Eugenie. She was pummeled at the YEC and once again went out meekly to Maria. That and twirlgate, she has to be wondering if she will ever be known for anything more than her beauty.....

You just gotta feel for Eugenie. She was pummeled at the YEC and once again went out meekly to Maria. That and twirlgate, she has to be wondering if she will ever be known for anything more than her beauty.....

Maria just has her number. She's only 20, there's room to improve both mentally and physically.

Ricker

Ok now that Eugenie is out(she will be back stronger :p )...,rooting for Cibulkova to go all the way...and Raonic I guess.(take some pressure off Bouchard man ;) )

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They look they're not even trying. I mean, I know it's because they're both dead tired, ut even so, doesn't make for an exciting match.

MIMIC

Banned
This is a horrible match. In this kind of form, Serena would destroy both of them (probably Keys more so than Venus, lol)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
For a quarter-final, this is shockingly bad quality.

Madison Keys becomes the first teen in the AO semi-final since Eugenie Bouchard in 2014, and Sloane Stephens in 2013.

As much as the beat writers talk about the men taking longer to mature in the game, women can still blossom early it appears

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Man, that's tragic for Williams. You literally cannot get a weaker QF opponent than that.

Serena looks great so far. Crushing that first serve. Cibulkova is playing game, but when Serena is dialed in like this, hard for anyone to edge her.

LuuKyK

I called that Serena would servebot her way to the finals. She was only losing her first sets lately because she was in her "I couldnt care less" mode. /shrug

I called that Serena would servebot her way to the finals. She was only losing her first sets lately because she was in her "I couldnt care less" mode. /shrug

She's pissed that Madison eliminated her sis, and wants to make damn sure she'll have a crack at Madison next round.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Cibulkova's service motion is so bizarre. Her ball toss is waaaay high, and she compresses her shoulder so much when making the shot. It's not what you expect from a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom