• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Are you saying Birdshit is on the same level as Smyzcek? It's not like he was getting completely obliterated all 17 matches. All he needs is for Nadal's level to dip (which it has, considerably so) and he has a decent chance at winning a match.

No, Smyzcek is irrelevant in that comparison. I mean in relation to Nadal's play. It's fairly common for him to play like shit and then explode in the last couple sets.

I'd obviously be happy if Berdych proves me wrong.

I'm calling for the upset: Berdych over Nadal

Berdych is playing some fine tennis and Nadal is a weeeeeee bit vulnerable. And it's not like Nadal has been routing Berdych all these years (similar to how a lot of the Wawrinka-Nadal matches have been relatively close).

To me, this match-up has hinged on mental strength, not game styles. Berdych, as a big hitter, matches up quite well with Nadal, but apparently lacks that belief to get over the hump. Same could be said for his game against Djokovic.

But since this 18 match differential is looming, that might put even MORE pressure on him. >_<

I know it's not over til it's over but good call.

MIMIC

Banned
k6cyBad.gif

Berdych leads Nadal 6-2, 6-0

Smellycat

Simply incredible stuff from Berdych. I hope he can keep this up, not only for this match, but for the rest of the tournament if he wins today, and the only way I can see him losing is via a monumental choke.

Nadal wasn't able to raise his level from the earlier rounds. Berdych just happened to be the first player Nadal faced that was able to expose his poor play.

MIMIC

Banned
I can't believe that neither Brad nor Patrick can remember the last time Nadal was bageled. It was from Federer at the 2011 WTF

Or maybe they're just talking about slams.

Kensuke

I've never seen Nadal this defeated. It's like all strength has left his body. The crowd seems just as dead. I guess everyone's surprised.

MIMIC

Banned
It's irritating that the ESPN commentators are even talking about potential injuries

It really is. CLEARLY he isn't injured. Nadal just has no self-belief right now (because he's getting manhandled).

Nadal is a confidence player, and Berdych has sucked every last drop out of him.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It really is. CLEARLY he isn't injured. Nadal just has no self-belief right now (because he's getting manhandled).

Nadal is a confidence player, and Berdych has sucked every last drop out of him.

Yeah, Berdych is just beating his ass. The Nadal injury shit is just such a tired narrative. The dude can lose when he's healthy.

But there's no way he's losing if he's not injured!

lol exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom