• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmax

Too bad Stan lost steam towards the end.

Murray vs Djoker should be good now that Murray's actually playing gud.

Quality was a lot worse than expected. If Novak plays like this in the finals, Murray will punish him. Stan had his chances in the fifth, with multiple game points and break points, but wasn't able to convert any.

MIMIC

Banned
Horrific match.

BQYFsGX.jpg

Faith

0 winners, 14 unforced errors, Djokovic manages to lose only 4:6.

5 winners, 13 unforced errors, Wawrinka loses 0:6.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I swear the Big Four will probably still be the top four come 2020 at this rate. I mean, every now and then one of them drops out of the top four briefly, but they've pretty much had it on a lock-down since like 2008.

MIMIC

Banned
Man, I swear the Big Four will probably still be the top four come 2020 at this rate. I mean, every now and then one of them drops out of the top four briefly, but they've pretty much had it on a lock-down since like 2008.

Wow, I didn't even realize that Djokovic, Federer, Nadal and Murray are back in the top 4 spots xD

jett

D-Member

What is it with the other tennis players being unable to compete. Seriously.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The top four are also just incredibly good. I mean, in another era Murray would probably have been permanent number one and won a good six or seven slam titles, and yet he struggles to go above number four. There's not really much anyone can do about that. It isn't like it's specifically a younger generation problem; Tsonga, Berdych, Ferrer, Soderling and Ancic never really had much luck and they are/were all really good and complete players.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
disgusting result, but couldn't have really asked more from stan after last year. just hopefully murray gets it done, though you just know that the first big point that doesn't go his way will make him crumble. feather: the sequel.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray-Djokovic have had some great matches - the AO 2012 semi-final was absolutely terrific, one of the best matches I've seen from either of them and indeed one of the best matches of the last decade full-stop. The trouble is when they're not feeling confident and both lapse into defensive play at the same time.

What's the TV schedule for the men's and women's Australian Open final? On the east coast in the United States? I can't find it ANYWHERE. I really want to see Serena/Sharapova

IISANDERII

Murphy's playing with a zest that i've never seen before, very impressed by his previous 2 matches. Confident, determined and relaxed, a deadly combination. He's still the underdog i think but i just hope this will be an amazing match.

leng jai

Absolute shitfest of a match. It's one of those matches where whoever lost would be asking themselves how they managed such a feat. Easily one of the worst hype to quality ratios of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom