• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaddon

Murray's netting all sorts of shots now, missing some simple winners. Shame but it looks like the match is going one way at this point.

Diamond

They have played for 3h and a half now, with long rallies. IMO it's clearly Murray's stamina. He has nothing left, whereas Djokovic could easily play like this for two more hours.

cabot

Well that extra day and Djoko playing a five set match clearly showing its magic for Andy's benefit here.

Valuable insight, British Press!

Mascot

Murray would have won this if it wasn't for *insert fake injury here* caused by *insert the fantasies of a mad man here*.

Right, you can fuck off Murray. I think I'd rather be playing Grim Fandango. Congratulations on your head melting and turning to runny, liquid diarrhoea whilst your slum drunk opponent leaves his racquet on the tennis court and watches the destruction from his chair. 100% Scot today, I'm afraid, Andy.

MIMIC

Banned
Murray has 2 slams.

He's playing the guy who gave them to him.

On a more positive, less-ranty note, Djokovic is moving much better now. When he gets nervous, that drunk shit is just appalling. Those who have played tennis: we've all been there when the legs aren't moving. But falling over and shit? Nah.

Murray has 2 slams.

On a more positive, less-ranty note, Djokovic is moving much better now. When he gets nervous, that drunk shit is just appalling. Those who have played tennis: we've all been there. But falling over and shit? Nah.

How many slams has Murray gave Djokovic?

Diamond

Not just his stamina.

Murray is mentally weak compared to the top 3.

Maybe, but the decrease in his level of play was very clear in this particular match, and he looked exhausted (ok, it's Murray, but still) in the second set already. He's just not used to play this long and this far in a slam draw anymore. Right now he doesn't make choke mistakes, he makes exhausted mistakes.

Dispatch

Murray has 2 slams.

On a more positive, less-ranty note, Djokovic is moving much better now. When he gets nervous, that drunk shit is just appalling. Those who have played tennis: we've all been there when the legs aren't moving. But falling over and shit? Nah.

I agree with the drunk comments. It feels like he's looking for sympathy. I do like Djokovic, but, that's a glaring negative.

Also, will he bagel Murray, here? It feels like it.

Kensuke

Maybe, but the decrease in his level of play was very clear in this particular match, and he looked exhausted (ok, it's Murray, but still) in the second set already. He's just not used to play this long and this far in a slam draw anymore. Right now he doesn't make choke mistakes, he makes exhausted mistakes.

That's what I'm seeing, yeah. The two first sets were just too long for Murray.

Peru

Murray should've had 2-0 in sets at least, really he should've won. Had his chances. Now the momentum and motivation is gone, so that's that. But this is a slam winning year if he makes use of his position.

Wow at some comments here. It's not like Murray wants to lose.

I should say most of my comments are tongue in cheek. It's frustrating to watch a player you support taken apart like this. It's even more frustrating when he's kind of self destructed in a way. Djokovic hasn't played great, but Andy completely went off the rails, for no obvious reason, in that third set. I've never seen him unravel quite like this for some time. Djokovic didn't even have to elevate his game.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I should say most of my comments are tongue in cheek. It's frustrating to watch a player you support taken apart like this. It's even more frustrating when he's kind of self destructed in a way. Djokovic hasn't played great, but Andy completely went off the rails, for no obvious reason, in that third set. I've never seen him unravel quite like this for some time. Djokovic didn't even have to elevate his game.

It strongly reminds me of that Wimbledon semi-final against Nadal when Murray was bossing it, has that one stupid error at the net, then folds the entire rest of the match.

Kensuke

With federer old, Nadals health shit and Murray mentally weak....who the fuck is going to stop Novak this year in Grand slams...

Federer and Nadal will show up for sure. Wawrinka and Nishikori can also beat anyone on a good day. Cilic is a wildcard, who knows if he can ever repeat what he did.

MIMIC

Banned
If only Djokovic decided to get aggressive earlier on. That's why Serena's match was so great to watch. She was laying into the ball from the very first point. And it's obvious that Djokovic is so much better when he's aggressive. Why he chooses to play the way he does....

But obviously it has a lot to do with confidence....which he clearly lacks a lot of the time. But I guess Serena knew she was gonna win, so that probably was a boost.

Murray has himself to blame. He should have won the first set tiebreak, double faults on his own serve and was up break in the third set. I would like Murray to win but no sympathy from me.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
It strongly reminds me of that Wimbledon semi-final against Nadal when Murray was bossing it, has that one stupid error at the net, then folds the entire rest of the match.

that's why i wouldn't be surprised if djokovic had been acting a bit during this match. he must know perfectly well how easy it is to distract murray in a big match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom