• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Some real damage been done to the lower seeds. Big Australian contingent in R3, nice to see.

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA—Eugenie Bouchard’s jaw dropped a little and her eyes went wide when the male presenter conducting her on-court interview at the Australian Open made an unusual request: “Can you give us a twirl?”

“A twirl?” the 20-year-old Canadian asked.

“A twirl, like a pirouette, here you go,” coaxed her white-haired interviewer on Margaret Court Arena, urging the Wimbledon runner-up to show the crowd her outfit, a pink skirt and top with bright yellow straps.

Somewhat uncomfortably, the No. 7-ranked player twirled. Then she laughed and buried her face in her hands.

smh

LuuKyK

Genie was so embarrassed. >_>

And yeah, they did the same to Serena, though she was more than eager to show the back of her outfit, in fact she said "you will see my back all year". lol

Its funny how they dont even try to do this to Maria, because its obvious she would never even think of doing something like this.

Wait, this is the same retirement home fella that interviewed Rafa? Just sickening. Look, I get, she is adorable and even more so when she is embarassed. This is almost as big as the NFL's domestic violence problem....

Wait, this is the same retirement home fella that interviewed Rafa? Just sickening. Look, I get, she is adorable and even more so when she is embarassed. This is almost as big as the NFL's domestic violence problem....

Don't you think that's a little...
image.php

?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think Kokkinakis follows a similair career trajectory as Ryan Harrison.

No. Kokkinakis actually has court-craft and not just a forehand. He won't disappear. A Dimitrov- or Gasquet-like career of looking flashy but not really achieving anything fantastic seems more likely.

LuuKyK

"It was very unexpected," said Bouchard, who is known for a steely determination, drive and ambition that propelled her from relative obscurity to stardom last year. She reached the semifinals at last year's Australian and French Opens and the final at Wimbledon, becoming the first Canadian to appear in a Grand Slam final.

"I don't know, an old guy asking you to twirl. It was funny," she said.

"Serena is good at her twirl. She does them all the time," Bouchard told the presenter after her awkward twirl and then added: "Maybe I should cut a hole in my top tonight and show off my back like Serena."

lol

Give us a twirl is one of those requests that may have been appropriate in the 1970's and earlier, but not in the present day. It's a very objectifying comment.

He should have modernized his request and said "drop it drop it low girl"

miserable

Nadal's coach and uncle Toni Nadal revealed his nephew had been bitten below the eye by a mosquito in the run up to the match, adding further intrigue to a day of high drama at Melbourne Park.

Peru

Bepa vs Serena tomorrow it's like a dream and a nightmare and I don't know if I should laugh or cry NOW and / or during the match. But I mean why not? People said Bepa should just quit but she was patient and she came back and she's won several matches in her brief time back on court. She's fightind and enjoying it and even if she does not have the game now to match Serena miracles / flops happen, right? I think I'll just watch it and enjoy it and cheer her on.

Not that she was couch surfing during her time off

bobbychin · 1h 1 hour ago
During her absence Vera Zvonareva finished a degree in International Relations and Economics and is now getting a masters in Global Affairs.

_53530186_vera.jpg
forever

MIMIC

Banned
Bepa vs Serena tomorrow it's like a dream and a nightmare and I don't know if I should laugh or cry NOW and / or during the match. But I mean why not? People said Bepa should just quit but she was patient and she came back and she's won several matches in her brief time back on court. She's fightind and enjoying it and even if she does not have the game now to match Serena miracles / flops happen, right? I think I'll just watch it and enjoy it and cheer her on.

Not that she was couch surfing during her time off

Idontknowher.gif

Athletes don't poop either.

I had this epiphany yesterday that athletes could theoretically never pee. I can drink multiple liters of water on the tennis court and still never have any sort of urge to pee, because the fluid I intake is all perspired. So basically as long as I continue to do something athletic, I'll never need to pee.

I wonder how much my bladder would sell for on the black market?

Are you serious?

Yeah. Otherwise this joke wouldn't make sense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CigrKGxR0oA

After that joke I asked my sister if athletes got their periods and she said No.

Lighten up, killer bees, stripper twirls, sarcastic interview responses, crowd cheering on a first serve fault key point, around the court high-fives when you win...Aussie Open has it all folks!

/sarcasm

Twirl request isn't something I'd ask a pro player but it wasn't out of the blue either. Now we should get some equality and ask some of the men for a twirl too :)
Sudden death dance off would make for interesting TV, maybe just for the FAST4

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Dodig grabs the first set against Nishikori.

Edit: Radwanska has been playing really solid so far. Good to see.

LuuKyK

Was Federer actually stung by a bee? I know he said that's what he thought but in the interview it looked like he brushed it off.

AFAIK it was never confirmed it was actually a bee. He just said he felt his finger was numb and mentioned it felt like an insect stung him.

LuuKyK

Serena is pretty bad right now, but Bepa is playing pretty well for someone who has been out of the tour for so long.

Edit: Is it me or Serena just called Vera a bitch in that slow mo replay? :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom