• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Never mind Nadal, it's a terrible quality match. Tomic-Kohli is intense right now, some incredible shots, both in top form.

Never mind Nadal, it's a terrible quality match. Tomic-Kohli is intense right now, some incredible shots, both in top form.
I love Tomic's game. Too bad he doesn't have the desire to realize it's potential. Kokkinakis has A TON of development to do. He really hasn't improved in a year or so.

Eugenie I so cute when she is embarassed.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Tomic's set point in the second set was GOAT. The drop shot, the lob, the second drop shot; fucking orgasmic.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I love Tomic's game. Too bad he doesn't have the desire to realize it's potential. Kokkinakis has A TON of development to do. He really hasn't improved in a year or so.

I am really disappointed with Tomic. 2 years ago, I thought he would easily turn into an incredible player and had top ten potential, minimum. In a way, I still think his game does, but you're right - he has no drive. Wasting it all away, really sad.

EDIT: Having said that, he's GOATing against Kohli now. Haven't seen him play this well in aaages, real treat.

EDIT 2: Kohli is playing so well, too. So clutch on those break points.

I am really disappointed with Tomic. 2 years ago, I thought he would easily turn into an incredible player and had top ten potential, minimum. In a way, I still think his game does, but you're right - he has no drive. Wasting it all away, really sad.

Yeah the match with djokovic at wimbledon 2011 gave me a lot of hope , but he hasn't payed near that level since. Kyrgios is where its at now, and is the real deal.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
On a different note, does anyone else think Smyczek looks like a really scrawny Ryan Gosling?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Tomic saves 4 set points to take the 3rd set, incredible grit. Love this match, just incredible. Unbelievably close between the two and they're both playing so well. Brutal power from Kohli against some incredibly smart tennis by Tomic, real clash of styles. Favourite match in a while.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Kohli's anticipation is mental - the CC backhand comes from everywhere.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
saint-bernard-long-haired.jpg

Nadal got away with that one. It'll either spur him on and he'll get through the first week with relative ease now, or he'll struggle until he can't keep his head above water. Round 4, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom