• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
At least one set was competitive

Edit: nothing is worse than when the crowd ruins a point

MIMIC

Banned
(shamelessly stolen from MTF)

HPkgPJR.jpg

Shots fired

LuuKyK

The Australian Open truly is the best Slam.

Their website is amazing. It has free full HD live streams for all the courts with all sorts of stats and even the option to have picture-in-picture to follow more than one stream in the same screen. Pretty awesome.

Niraj

Their website is amazing. It has free full HD live streams for all the courts with all sorts of stats and even the option to have picture-in-picture to follow more than one stream in the same screen. Pretty awesome.

Just reroutes to ESPN for video for me, which is meh :( Hell, I can't even get their live scores to load half the time on my computer. I've always liked AO radio though. I want to say the US Open site is really solid though.

Surprised Ferrer is having trouble today.

Madison Keys is still a ball basher. If she can ever improve her shot selection and add more variety she could be very good. A poor mans Venus perhaps

Peru

Not in Europe

KeRaSh

What country do I have to "live" in to view the videos? I tried to use an australian VPN and it wouldn't let me access the videos and the US VPN told me to log in to ESPN.

Too bad that our host broadcaster doesn't broadcast sport in HD :-(, cheapskate mongrels.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
lol, nieminen is in the third round without dropping a set. last time he was past the second round in a slam was in 2008. going to get schooled by wawrinka though.

warrior young trying to take down the canadian goliath now.

Double break.

If only channel 7 (in Australia) aired it in HD on tv. Such a joke.

Dommo

Double break.

If only channel 7 (in Australia) aired it in HD on tv. Such a joke.

I'm increasingly more shocked every year Ch7 doesn't screen the tennis in HD. I can't believe we're being geared up by marketing to start buying 4K TVs and our network television is still predominantly SD. Just bizarre. I love that they throw the tennis on 7mate during the news, which actually is in HD, so for an hour and a half a day, we get high def tennis, then it's back to shitolla.

oti

Banned
I'm increasingly more shocked every year Ch7 doesn't screen the tennis in HD. I can't believe we're being geared up by marketing to start buying 4K TVs and our network television is still predominantly SD. Just bizarre. I love that they throw the tennis on 7mate during the news, which actually is in HD, so for an hour and a half a day, we get high def tennis, then it's back to shitolla.

You have a channel called "7mate"?
Hey US, how about a channel called "9bruh".

Stosur is out, not many Aussies left before Channel 7 start adopting Eugenie, Roger, Rafa etc as pretend Australians and fawnicate over them (rightfully so too, it's time for the real players to be featured).

Ricker

Video of the Genie "twirl incident" for those who missed it.

Its cool the she dealt with it nicely even if she was embarrassed, but I would love if she refused to do it and sent a message to that incredibly stupid interviewer and his sexist questions.

She did get back at the guy a bit in the after match press conference...believe me,no man in his mid 50's likes to be called an old man by a 20 year old lol...She handled all that incident pretty well I think...and Stosur and Woz lost.

LuuKyK

Omg, this guy needs to stop. He is only making things worse:

Titus O'Reily ‏@TitusOReily 25m25 minutes ago
Ian Cohen has defended asking Eugenie Bouchard to 'do a twirl' saying 'it's a question I would ask any 20 year-old blonde girl.'

I mean...

She pulls that embarassed look off so well though. Goddam. Ian Cohen just needs to join a forum or something.

I just love how Rafa is overcoming adversity. Dudi should be a breeze, only tricky part is there won't be any adversity. Playing opossum and being dramatic is the most underrated aspect of Rafa's game. He can just beat you so many ways. It's inspiring really.

Ricker

They are showing the Wozniacki/Arenzaka replay right now on TSN and my god,Arazenka has the worst '''Ah Ooooooo'' ever when she hits the ball lol...

oipic

Titus O'Reily ‏@TitusOReily 25m25 minutes ago
Ian Cohen has defended asking Eugenie Bouchard to 'do a twirl' saying 'it's a question I would ask any 20 year-old blonde girl.'

Just for those who may be unfamiliar, Titus O'Reily is a local satirical news/sport personality, and a particularly sarcastic chap... so, y'know, this isn't a real quote.

LuuKyK

lmao

Camila Giorgi said on twitter that she doesn't know who Venus Williams is and her father said that she will win the match because she is a better player.

Edit: Via Ben Rothenberg twitter btw.

Edit 2: You guys need to watch a match of hers. Her father is absolutely mental. He has seizures every time she loses points and looks like he is ready to enter the court at every doubtful call by the line judges.

sergio-giorgi.aspx

Niraj

That dude definitely spent a little too much of his childhood sniffing glue.

Some great points in this Dimitrov-Baghdatis match so far. Nice to see Baggy playing well.

LuuKyK

Pliskova-Makarova is the match of the dark horses in this tournament, especially considering the draw.

Makarena was too solid.

Love her game btw. She is definitely flying under the radar, I can totally see her beating the likes of Halep and going far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom