• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

mkenyon

Banned
But it's sort of irrelevant. The issues are common with new model/location of any car. They've had factories down there for over a decade now and even the new engines will be manufactured there. It's been a long enough time that for that to actually disappoint you is just silly at this point.
It doesn't disappoint me. I was just elucidating someone else on a point of confusion.

I'd never buy a VW to begin with, I get enough trouble from BR in Dota 2 games.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This was posted on another forum I visit

Guy with a 911 991 has been having massive problems with it. Porsche is dicking him around about getting his money back.

It's completely astounding that a modern vehicle could be so spectacularily unreliable. Not a problem here or there, but a complete mess.

It's not really surprising because of the degree of problems that guy is experiencing. If it were < 5 things that consistently happened with most users, then it would be a result of shoddy workmanship. But this is more of a result of a lemon, which happens with all car companies.

To play devil's advocate it seems like that guy signed a lease agreement, and Porsche has offered to replace his vehicle for free. He should either take the new Porsche and be done with it, or park it and get a lawyer. This isn't something that should be solved through social media.

It doesn't disappoint me. I was just elucidating someone else on a point of confusion.

Shots fired.

ameratsu

It's not really surprising because of the degree of problems that guy is experiencing. If it were < 5 things that consistently happened with most users, then it would be a result of shoddy workmanship. But this is more of a result of a lemon, which happens with all car companies.

To play devil's advocate it seems like that guy signed a lease agreement, and Porsche has offered to replace his vehicle for free.

This happened? He made it sound like he saved up for the vehicle and purchased it.

And if you can't get the results you want in private, I see no problem airing out dirty laundry if that's what it takes. I can't imagine this sort of exposure being anything but terrible for Porsche.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This happened? He made it sound like he saved up for the vehicle and purchased it.

And if you can't get the results you want in private, I see no problem airing out dirty laundry if that's what it takes. I can't imagine this sort of exposure being anything but terrible for Porsche.

Yes. He mentions in the video that Porsche offered to replaced his vehicle with a new 911, but he wanted to just get his money back instead since he is apparently done with the company. He also talks about an arbitration clause with Porsche that was making it more difficult for him.

The reason I said that it wasn't something that should be thrown to social media was because I feel it would be more beneficial to him to keep that information to himself until he gets a lawyer. If he wants to get his money back to get out of the company I don't think he will have any luck by just attempting to shame Porsche.

Yes. He mentions in the video that Porsche offered to replaced his vehicle with a new 911, but he wanted to just get his money back instead since he is apparently done with the company. He also talks about an arbitration clause with Porsche that was making it more difficult for him.

The reason I said that it wasn't something that should be thrown to social media was because I feel it would be more beneficial to him to keep that information to himself until he gets a lawyer. If he wants to get his money back to get out of the company I don't think he will have any luck by just attempting to shame Porsche.

"You give me my money back, or you give me a like-for-like car."

Their offer is to replace the car (not a brand new one, or as equally appointed) or buy the car back at the value they think he would get from arbitration.

No, I know. It was more agreeing you were right about where it's made but also saying how that shouldn't be a point of contention to the original post by another poster.

Bandit1

I'm liking the look of the redesigned Challenger. Especially the rings around the headlights like the Camaro.

2015-dodge-challenger-rt-001-1.jpg

Make mine a 392 please.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm liking the look of the redesigned Challenger. Especially the rings around the headlights like the Camaro.

2015-dodge-challenger-rt-001-1.jpg

Make mine a 392 please.
I just hope I can get the V6 in B5 Blue, that would be a good cruising car, and with the Super Track Pack, fun in the twisties.

psylah

Guy with a 911 991 has been having massive problems with it. Porsche is dicking him around about getting his money back.

It's completely astounding that a modern vehicle could be so spectacularily unreliable. Not a problem here or there, but a complete mess.

It's a Porsche, so they could just wait until it murders him and buy back the wreckage for close to no money.

Smokey

damn

dude is livid. i would be too

ShowDog

Something about the new Challenger just fails to excite me. If the car looked like that when it first came out 6 years ago I'd have lost my shit, because I look at it and it looks incredible. They did a great job with the front and rear end. Maybe I just can't get over the fact that it weighs 3800 lbs and starts just under $30k. I dunno.

Something about the new Challenger just fails to excite me. If the car looked like that when it first came out 6 years ago I'd have lost my shit, because I look at it and it looks incredible. They did a great job with the front and rear end. Maybe I just can't get over the fact that it weighs 3800 lbs and starts just under $30k. I dunno.

Yeah, it looks gorgeous by it really is kind of shit value if you're only concerned about performance. There's really no excuse of why it's as bad as it is for some stuff. It should be more competitive.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
AR-140419839.jpg&MaxW=622&cci_ts=20140416212518

Wish granted.
Yay! Lemme get one in B5 Blue, the super track pack, and all the goodies except for the radar cruise control. It's not a Mercedes S Class, I don't need my car to adjust my cruise control for the car in front of me.

Now, some stripes to paint on. The RT Classic ones, the ones in that pic, or some over-the-top stripes?

ShowDog

Yeah, it looks gorgeous by it really is kind of shit value if you're only concerned about performance. There's really no excuse of why it's as bad as it is for some stuff. It should be more competitive.

To be fair, if I saw one in person I would probably want it badly.

New Challenger looks great, may have to try one. My lease is almost up on my MK6 GTI, I am looking at a couple cars right now. Wondering what AutoGAF's thoughts would be.

Focus ST- I like them, great car all around just not sold on the looks of it especially the hatch. Not sure if I will even fit in it to be honest I am rather tall guy.

MK7 GTI - Love my GTI I do...but I have had a number of issues with it. Oil pan gasket, carbon build up like crazy, Intake manifold, and 2 coil packs. All within 60k, could be a lot worse but there are other issues as well. Rattles here and there and a weird clicking from the front wheel. All are common issues but damn if it doesn't annoy me. A few issues like the Carbon issue have been addressed with the new motor but still all this gives me pause on the new GTI.

Kinda limited with my height and long legs (6.5) wish I fit in the BRZ, but it doesn't work.

Yay! Lemme get one in B5 Blue, the super track pack, and all the goodies except for the radar cruise control. It's not a Mercedes S Class, I don't need my car to adjust my cruise control for the car in front of me.

Now, some stripes to paint on. The RT Classic ones, the ones in that pic, or some over-the-top stripes?
How much would it cost for that car? Something stupid like $35k?

Bandit1

Maybe I just can't get over the fact that it weighs 3800 lbs and starts just under $30k. I dunno.

A V8 model weighs in at about 4200 pounds, same with the SS Camaro, while the '11-'14 Mustang GT weighs about 3600. I was disappointed when they debuted the Challenger on the Chrysler 300 architecture. They shouldn't have been that heavy. Of course I wouldn't mind having one though.

A V8 model weighs in at about 4200 pounds, same with the SS Camaro, while the '11-'14 Mustang GT weighs about 3600. I was disappointed when they debuted the Challenger on the Chrysler 300 architecture. They shouldn't have been that heavy. Of course I wouldn't mind having one though.
There's honestly no reason they have to be this heavy which makes it dumb. That weight eats away at so much performance too. The mustang is weaker but performs better in like everything in the comparable models. It's honestly heavy for the sake of being heavy.

asdad123

So... Bought a jeep 11 days ago and today I noticed grease inside the front wheels. Called the salesman I purchased it from, service is closed for the holiday, but they have one service guy working doing random stuff so he told me to bring it in when I get out of work.

Car is 11 days old today.

It Looks like the two rings behind the wheels are loose and moving around. Definitely not okay. Any idea if this should hopefully be an easy fix? I definitely don't feel comfortable driving around with loose parts by the wheels so I'll be asking for a rental when I drop it off today.

^ The clamps that hold your boot (that rubber accordion looking bit) in place have failed, or the boot itself has broken open somehow. That thing is packed with grease. Was packed with grease.

It should be a simple clean-up and boot replacement if you haven't driven it enough to cause excess wear to the now less-lubricated joint within the boot. I doubt any significant rust has had time to develop. Nothing too major.

asdad123

^ The clamps that hold your boot (that rubber accordion looking bit) in place have failed, or the boot itself has broken open somehow. That thing is packed with grease. Was packed with grease.

It should be a simple clean-up and boot replacement if you haven't driven it enough to cause excess wear to the now less-lubricated joint within the boot. I doubt any significant rust has had time to develop. Nothing too major.

Car has 318 miles on it so if it happened from factory I'm hoping that wasn't enough cor excess wear.

Maybe I should use Costco's pricing service. My current job also gives me employee pricing on Chrysler cars, so I have options.
You can try true price but a lot of things online said they play games if its not in stock so they charge you more since only one they can get has x options and such. You can try it and some dealers are great but there doesn't seem to be any real repercussions if they decide not to honor it from what I read.

Edit: wait, did you finally find a job?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
You can try true price but a lot of things online said they play games if its not in stock so they charge you more since only one they can get has x options and such. You can try it and some dealers are great but there doesn't seem to be any real repercussions if they decide not to honor it from what I read.

Edit: wait, did you finally find a job?

Not yet, but I feel like I'm close.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
So... Bought a jeep 11 days ago and today I noticed grease inside the front wheels. Called the salesman I purchased it from, service is closed for the holiday, but they have one service guy working doing random stuff so he told me to bring it in when I get out of work.

Car is 11 days old today.

It Looks like the two rings behind the wheels are loose and moving around. Definitely not okay. Any idea if this should hopefully be an easy fix? I definitely don't feel comfortable driving around with loose parts by the wheels so I'll be asking for a rental when I drop it off today.

Holy crap...it looks like the boot is completely torn and leaked everything out. You can clearly see the black line/hole that runs around the rubber boot. That's inexcusable on a brand new car.

asdad123

Holy crap...it looks like the boot is completely torn and leaked everything out. You can clearly see the black line/hole that runs around the rubber boot. That's inexcusable on a brand new car.

Ugh. Is there anything else I should tell them to makesure of when I drop it off?

Definitely should stop driving it right? I'm at work right now and it's only 5 miles from the dealership. They better give me a rental as this is the only car I have.

DJ_Lae

The new Challenger looks awesome. But what the hell did they do to the new Charger?

Huh, it's got the same black gaping grille as the new Camry.

But those headlights make the car look a lot more demure than it used to. It's just weird looking.

Ugh. Is there anything else I should tell them to makesure of when I drop it off?

Definitely should stop driving it right? I'm at work right now and it's only 5 miles from the dealership. They better give me a rental as this is the only car I have.

Just have them double-check the rest of the boots on every axle. The joint that boot protects is partially responsible for delivering power from the engine to your wheels--it's very robust. Without being bathed in grease, that joint will generate a good amount of heat while driving, but you're only 5 miles from the dealership so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. To be extra safe, don't exceed interstate speeds.

The fact that it has thrown grease everywhere makes it look a lot worse than it really is. They'll have you back on the road in no time, and yes, they should definitely provide a courtesy vehicle if the technician can't get to it right away.

asdad123

Just have them double-check the rest of the boots on every axle. The joint that boot protects is partially responsible for delivering power from the engine to your wheels--it's very robust. Without being bathed in grease, that joint will generate a good amount of heat while driving, but you're only 5 miles from the dealership so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. To be extra safe, don't exceed interstate speeds.

The fact that it has thrown grease everywhere makes it look a lot worse than it really is. They'll have you back on the road in no time, and yes, they should definitely provide a courtesy vehicle if the technician can't get to it right away.

Okay thanks. The service is closed until Monday but they gave me a preowned car to drive around until it's fixed. It has to be a defect from factory as I found on abother forum a person two hours away from me who had their truck delivered two days before had the same exact issue. Probably came from the same fleet.
Hopefully they get it done on Monday

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

If it's 5 miles, it's okay. Drive it in, drop it off. Demand they give you a loaner.

asdad123

If it's 5 miles, it's okay. Drive it in, drop it off. Demand they give you a loaner.

Yep. It's already at the dealer. I'm just hoping there wasn't any long term damage caused since its probably been like that since I got it 10 days ago.

The one service guy that was in and checked it out said he never saw something like this on a brand new car, usually only when the car is old.

Just kind of disappointing having a 40,000 car in service after 10 days. I know shit happens, but it still sucks.

Bandit1

Yep. It's already at the dealer. I'm just hoping there wasn't any long term damage caused since its probably been like that since I got it 10 days ago.

The one service guy that was in and checked it out said he never saw something like this on a brand new car, usually only when the car is old.

Just kind of disappointing having a 40,000 car in service after 10 days. I know shit happens, but it still sucks.

I feel for you. You should be enjoying your new car instead of taking it into the shop. Hopefully all will be sorted out soon. Good luck.

Top Bottom