• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

ascii42

It's like when people bust out with the correct French pronunciation of whatever. You know they're right, but they're still a complete fucking tool.

Right, it's hard to correct someone on pronunciation without sounding like Hermione Granger.
eAh2dPz.gif

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Croissant or "cwossont"?

Unless you're French, if say it the latter way...I will squarely punch you in the head. :mad:

MisterNoisy

Yeah...

I really don't like the gray grille covers. They were fine on the first gen (which I generally liked), but it's too much here. But still, this things going to have a new gas engine, while the ELR soldiers on with the old one? Come on, GM.

Anyone plunking down what they're asking for an ELR clearly doesn't know any better anyway. Even $59000 is way too much.

GHG

Gold Member
Guys what's the point of this thread?

I don't like cars and I prefer the option to take the bus, so what's the point?

I for one can not wait till there is only mandatory self driving cars. Take these dangerous killing machines out of the hands of people. If you want to endanger your own lives you can pay extra to do it only on a special track imo.

Evo X

German Supertest did it's independent evaluation of the GT4 recently and the numbers are quite spectacular.

Ran a 1:10.1 on Hockenheim. Only .1 seconds slower than a GTR despite having 150 less HP & torque, and no fancy AWD system or automated dual clutch transmission.

It is also up there in supercar territory on all handling tests, in fact being the fastest car ever recorded on the "evasive maneuvers" category which measures change in direction and tied for first with 1.45G lateral acceleration.

It manages to do all this while still being gimped in the power and drivetrain department by Porsche. Can you imagine if they gave this car the GT3 engine, PDK-S, and 4 wheel steering? I think it would demolish just about anything short of the $1MM hypercars.

80-fe6a6b24ad896d19413e1127171325f4_jpg_331733_21f47ae5df6944bf37bfa697ca77383a1807e814.jpg

80-df3c4dc6e8c91bcaaea2fd0cfaacef0d_jpg_331756_2ddaf01d71fc5446285cd6287783d4fa0b5b15d2.jpg

80-0cf5c40f1fd80a3fe777927a7bf1208a_jpg_331757_fda71d637373b44e1579c5c3c399de281ca65ef5.jpg

80-91a9ab6f0e3e9e4b8c9dca7f1bb8aee5_jpg_331758_93fa995a11e9e6a16aef579c5da85c8c8a6bb1c8.jpg

Viperbah

Well after a lot of thought with deciding on a new viper or z06, I put a deposit down on a 16 z06.

I can still back out if I want because the deposit is just holding my place in line to order the dealership's allocation (I am first in line)...but I think I have made up my mind. Hopefully I will have it by August.

Jackson

I'm in Stuttgart right now with some friends.

We rented an M4 that only had 15 miles on it at the airport. Lol

We took it to 155MPH on the autobahn from Frankfurt already (we passed hockenhiem actually lol). We will need to try to get it to 180MPH which would beat my track speed record. ;)

The feeling of going that fast on a highway without the fear of losing your license or worse is amazing!

My friend who is German gave us the autobahn rules of the road and what not so everything's cool there. Germans obeying passing rules makes American drivers look like cave people.

Regarding the M4, I don't hate the engine noise like other people said they did. Manufactured or otherwise it sounds good enough to excite me at WOT. It's no cayman gts though. ;)

So far... So good!

Evo X

We know! Buy it! Or the GTS! Get something! :)

Trust me, if it was available to buy right now, I would have one in my garage.

I still have my deposit at the dealership and am next in line for allocation. I'll know for sure May 1st. If they can't get me a GT4, then I will buy a GTS.

But until I know for sure, I don't want to make a move only to regret it a few months later.

Xdye7

Well after a lot of thought with deciding on a new viper or z06, I put a deposit down on a 16 z06.

I can still back out if I want because the deposit is just holding my place in line to order the dealership's allocation (I am first in line)...but I think I have made up my mind. Hopefully I will have it by August.

Nice.

What were the deciding factors?

grendelrt

Awww yeah cant wait to see that sucker. Driving day will be in order, you can be in front I don't want you running over my Cayman when you accelerate :O

mashoutposse

Ante Up
I'm in Stuttgart right now with some friends.

We rented an M4 that only had 15 miles on it at the airport. Lol

We took it to 155MPH on the autobahn from Frankfurt already (we passed hockenhiem actually lol). We will need to try to get it to 180MPH which would beat my track speed record. ;)

The feeling of going that fast on a highway without the fear of losing your license or worse is amazing!

My friend who is German gave us the autobahn rules of the road and what not so everything's cool there. Germans obeying passing rules makes American drivers look like cave people.

Regarding the M4, I don't hate the engine noise like other people said they did. Manufactured or otherwise it sounds good enough to excite me at WOT. It's no cayman gts though. ;)

So far... So good!

The M4 is a legitimately great car. The 6-speed manual version is a fun thing to throw around. It's still the king daily driver all-arounder for the enthusiast.

IMO, is definitely worth it, specially when you factor in how often you may need to replace an HID bulb vs. replacing an LED one ... then to this you also add the cost of a ballast, and while LEDs may cost more upfront, in the long run, you will definitely save some cash.

I ended up not buying it... the thing has no reviews at all and I just don't want to buy something blind... especially at $250.

I'll just wait until more reviews pop up for them.

Ward's Top 10 Best Interiors
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/17/wards-names-2015-10-best-interiors-list/

No BMW 3-series or 4-series to be found.

The C400 made it. Although, that price tag is 100% wrong, that's what the AMG runs for. LOL A standard C450 (replacing the 400) will go for $52K.

Even the Murano got on that list, which I admit...it is a good looking interior.

Nice to see the Mazda6 make the list... as it really does have a fantastic interior. That said, I still kinda hate how the screen is setup like a big ass tablet on the dash.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I ended up not buying it... the thing has no reviews at all and I just don't want to buy something blind... especially at $250.

I'll just wait until more reviews pop up for them.

Nice to see the Mazda6 make the list... as it really does have a fantastic interior. That said, I still kinda hate how the screen is setup like a big ass tablet on the dash.

Here's the thing about the screen propped up there...if you hide it away like Audi did, it a component that typically fails. Motors on Audi A8s, A6s, A7s etc. fail constantly leaving the screens stuck in our out, or half way. And they make such a cheap whining noise when they're opening or closing too.

hwalker84

God I want a Hellcat so bad. All these dealerships are scumbags. I wish my old dealership that my family had a history with was still open. My dealership offered me $12000 over sticker like I should be happy. Another dealership told me $100,000. Another told me they're taking bids and have turned down 80,000.

Smokey

God I want a Hellcat so bad. All these dealerships are scumbags. I wish my old dealership that my family had a history with was still open. My dealership offered me $12000 over sticker like I should be happy. Another dealership told me $100,000. Another told me they're taking bids and have turned down 80,000.

Like the ships told me...better off waiting for '16 model

No Love

Banned
The M4 is a legitimately great car. The 6-speed manual version is a fun thing to throw around. It's still the king daily driver all-arounder for the enthusiast.

I definitely agree. I don't think the DCT M3/M4 could be anywhere near as fun as the 6 speed. There's something about shifting gears in a boosted, torque monster that feels great.

I just wish it didn't sound like shit. It really does sound worse than the E46 M3, especially outside the car. It's so... flatulent.

Viperbah

Awww yeah cant wait to see that sucker. Driving day will be in order, you can be in front I don't want you running over my Cayman when you accelerate :O

Definitely...we should try to go to VIR at some point too.

Nice.

What were the deciding factors?

It was a couple of things...since I was never planning on keeping this car stock, one was that it's easier and cheaper to mod the vette. Even though Vipers are finally tunable now, there are just not that many options and it's overly expensive. Another reason was my last two cars were a c6 z06 and then a Gen IV viper, which were both pretty similar. I felt like the gen v viper wouldn't really offer a new experience. I have never had a supercharged or modern automatic car, so I wanted to try something new.

TTTR

saw two 991.2 turbos last week in stuttgart nord, had one normal 991.2 in the middle.

@Jackson: welcome to the home of the best cars in the world. :)
but WTF you come to stuttgart and rent a BMW?!

@EvoX: Ok you got me, now i have to test drive the gt4 (and possibly the 991 gt3 too)

Durask

Which, Charger or Challenger?

Top Bottom