• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

Evo X

Speaking of Vettes and Vipers, I took these at a dealer I was at last week.

Sick Z06 and ACR. Not sure what the story was on the Vette. They were selling it used with only 148 miles on it. Too much power to handle for the original owner? Looked amazing in person. Very intimidating.

UBTCUKo.jpg

wPZfkHv.jpg

Also, for Smokey. They had a gorgeous M6 Executive too. White with carbon roof. Best color combo IMO.

zg_800.jpg

ZQ_800.jpg

Kg_800.jpg

Bonus GT4 pic:

80-image_e106154340ee6dc49023e03416d6cf56b83835d5.jpg

Here's the thing about the screen propped up there...if you hide it away like Audi did, it a component that typically fails. Motors on Audi A8s, A6s, A7s etc. fail constantly leaving the screens stuck in our out, or half way. And they make such a cheap whining noise when they're opening or closing too.

That's a good point actually. But I'm still wondering why they decided to prop it up on the dash instead of integrating it instead. Seems like it'd be more efficient and cost effective that way.

When the heck is mazda cx3 coming in us?? I cant wait that much longer!

Mazda reps at the DFW auto show told me sometime after the new Miata comes out. So I'm assuming August or somewhere around there.

Speaking of Vettes and Vipers, I took these at a dealer I was at last week.

Sick Z06 and ACR. Not sure what the story was on the Vette. They were selling it used with only 148 miles on it. Too much power to handle for the original owner? Looked amazing in person. Very intimidating.

As much as I love Vipers, those side exit exhausts have given me nightmares. I had marks on the back of my left knee coz I didn't know they were under the doors lol.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
More Camaro MkVI news.

http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...nt/Pages/news/us/en/2015/apr/0420-camaro.html

DETROIT – New technologies in the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro will enable drivers to tailor the car to the moment, whether it’s heading to work, touring the Pacific Coast Highway or lapping a road course.

“We wanted to build on the flexibility of the current Camaro ZL1, which is great for grand touring, commuting, the drag strip and track days,” said Aaron Link, Camaro lead development engineer. “The new Camaro will be even more adaptable, with up to eight vehicle attributes adjusted to fit a driver’s preference.”

As a result, the all-new Camaro will set the technological benchmark for the segment.

Most of the features can be changed via the new Drive Mode Selector, which includes Snow/Ice, Tour, Sport and – on SS models – Track settings. Calibrations for throttle progression, steering, stability control and more are optimized for each setting.

For the first time the Camaro SS will be available with Magnetic Ride Control, previously available only on the Camaro ZL1. The active damping system offers three preset programs – Tour, Sport and Track – that adjust the ride and handling balance. From there, it reads road and driver inputs at 1,000 times per second, and automatically adjusts the dampers for optimal performance.

Additionally, there is an enhanced dual-mode exhaust system. New electronically controlled valves can bypass the mufflers under spirited acceleration, delivering improved performance and greater sound levels. It also offers personalization options, from a “stealth” mode to a more aggressive “track” mode.

Chevrolet will introduce the all-new, 2016 Camaro on Saturday, May 16, during a special public event at Detroit’s Belle Isle Park.

stephencolbertgiveittomenow.gif

Jackson

Left Stuttgart. In Karlsruhe now.

Some Porsche and Benz museum pics!

The GT3 RS is the best looking modern Porsche aside from the 918. No 959 in the museum, I am disappoint. But a 997 GT3 RS4.0!

The Benz GTS AMG is very hot as well.

JA8CetF.jpg

Porsche-Museum_in_summer.JPG

c9uupZy.jpg

WhomDYY.jpg

kiRyT19.jpg

vWt1trn.jpg

GDIcphe.jpg

GLdOpZ9.jpg

3aQ5OCj.jpg

q4I22Gk.jpg

HMvmGQc.jpg

BJAHmv6.jpg

4X82ARH.jpg

S0BaBcw.jpg

dN4V9cm.jpg

9DAl6rM.jpg

Smokey

Also, for Smokey. They had a gorgeous M6 Executive too. White with carbon roof. Best color combo IMO.

zg_800.jpg

ZQ_800.jpg

Kg_800.jpg

Honestly I think this is the car I want. Of all the test drives this and the Cayman s are the two that I remember the most. Two vastly different experiences I know.

The M6 Id have to buy used. The depreciation on those things are crazy.

GHG

Gold Member
Honestly I think this is the car I want. Of all the test drives this and the Cayman s are the two that I remember the most. Two vastly different experiences I know.

Between those 2 cars it comes down to whether you want a sports car or a German muscle car.

The N/S63 engines are so good. Toque everywhere in the rev range and what feels like endless power. They also behave very much like naturally aspirated engines in that you can rev them out and there is pretty much no turbo lag.

The only thing that annoys me about this latest range of BMW models is that I can't quite understand why they decided to pump fake noise into the cabin instead of just fitting more throaty exhausts to their cars...?

TTTR

Damn that gullwing is a beauty.
on a side note, the waterpump in my 997 broke on saturday. they will fix it in no time.
also need a new set of tires. shits expensive.

Smokey

Between those 2 cars it comes down to whether you want a sports car or a German muscle car.

The N/S63 engines are so good. Toque everywhere in the rev range and what feels like endless power. They also behave very much like naturally aspirated engines in that you can rev them out and there is pretty much no turbo lag.

The only thing that annoys me about this latest range of BMW models is that I can't quite understand why they decided to pump fake noise into the cabin instead of just fitting more throaty exhausts to their cars...?

something something cost...

i find the M6 Gran Coupe to be the best looking car in BMW's lineup, and one of the best on the road. That car in person is amazing imo.

Thinking about it today I'll probably ride out my current note, and then look into possibly leasing my next vehicle. That way I have a car in the stable that is paid for no matter what and the leased vehicle can be my "fun" car.

bcl0328

honestly, stock doesn't sound that bad... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR43egxYjYc

also, M4 with JB4 and full Akra exhaust going against 2013 R35 (540bhp) Godzilla with meisterchaft exhaust from a 40 roll. surprised me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR7wbDQ9b80

i was planning on doing a JB4+downpipe after I hit 1200 miles on my F80, but after visiting Lime Rock this past weekend, I'm not gonna waste money on street mods.
need to spend that money on track time, track insurance, performance pads, and new tires.

Cant wait to get my new car. Ordered the EU mustang a few months ago. Too bad my dealer is not very responsive, while other people already got their VIN and build dates. But all EU mustangs should be delivered this summer.

I drove the current Golf GTI with PP for a long time and cant wait to get a real powerful car without all that turbo stuff

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Has anyone seen the new 7-series leaks?

It looks pitifully bad compared to the S-Class and Jag XJ.

Also, their gesture system with the iDrive? Utterly worthless and sure to cause some funny issues with people thinking they've rejected calls...only to have accepted them, and such.

Smokey

Has anyone seen the new 7-series leaks?

It looks pitifully bad compared to the S-Class and Jag XJ.

Also, their gesture system with the iDrive? Utterly worthless and sure to cause some funny issues with people thinking they've rejected calls...only to have accepted them, and such.

Pics

GHG

Gold Member
BMW are falling far and fast.

How do you go from making the e60 M5 to their current abomination of a lineup.

Oh that's right, emissions... Thanks EU for ruining our fun.

AlphaSnake

What does emissions have to do with ugly styling?

The 7-series has been an ugly cow since 2002.

No Love

Banned

That's ironic, most true BMW enthusiasts would argue that the E60 (M5) is where it all started to go wrong. Bangle-ized, ugh.

GHG

Gold Member
What does emissions have to do with ugly styling?

The 7-series has been an ugly cow since 2002.

Oh I know the 7 series has always been unattractive. My comment was more in relation to everything else BMW related on this page. Fake noise, shit exhausts, FWD cars...

That's ironic, most true BMW enthusiasts would argue that the E60 (M5) is where it all started to go wrong. Bangle-ized, ugh.

No.

The e60 M5 is one of the finest M series cars BMW has ever made.

J-Rzez

...that sounded terrible. All of them. Especially for the ludicrous cost these exhausts go for.

There's usually, "usually" nothing special about their exhausts. Sometimes they have some fancy Ti kits with pretty tips and welds, but many times they don't put any effort into tuning the sound. They don't even make more power than cheaper kits, sometimes less. They have that brand image though and that's what allows them to charge out the ass for their stuff.

Blitz, Roush, Invidia, and factory performance bits (TRD/SPT/AMG) sound better often for far less.

No Love

Banned
Oh I know the 7 series has always been unattractive. My comment was more in relation to everything else BMW related on this page. Fake noise, shit exhausts, FWD cars...

No.

The e60 M5 is one of the finest M series cars BMW has ever made.

When people talk about M5's, they talk about the E39. And then they talk about how much better the E39 is than the E60. ;p

AlphaSnake

The E60 performed a lot better than the E39. Had a better interior too.

It just looked a little off...

GHG

Gold Member
When people talk about M5's, they talk about the E39. And then they talk about how much better the E39 is than the E60. ;p

Some people just love a bit of nostalgia.

As an all round package the e60 stomps all over the e39 and pretty much every other super-saloon that's ever existed.

matmanx1

BMW testing the new FWD 1-series sedan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMFfdeEn7Bg

the 6-cylinder inline is also gone because in the new 1- series engines will be mounted transversely.

oh and in case you guys didn't know BMW has also released a bigger 7 seat version of the 2 series active tourer called gran tourer.

Sadness. We all knew it was coming but the old 1 series with the inline 6 was about as "pure" of a car that BMW makes anymore. I still sort of want a first gen 1 series with the manual transmission and the sport suspension just for kicks. I don't even need the turbo, just the NA one.

endre

It's some sort of painfully bland X6 sedan...

http://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015-bmw-7-series-leaked-2.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/kp3fCCQT5Mo/maxresdefault.jpg

It seems to me Audi is heading the same way design wise. At least the lid has some curves in it:
The rear design along with that noise really reminds me of American cars.

I really like the front of that Audi A9 Concept Prologue and the noise it makes (video is in German). I wonder if the series cars will have the concave rear window like the Citroen C5.

AlphaSnake

Posting to get this thread into the next page. Scrolling through the pictures is a bit annoying.

FStop7

Banned

Don't remind me. :|

God I want a Hellcat so bad. All these dealerships are scumbags. I wish my old dealership that my family had a history with was still open. My dealership offered me $12000 over sticker like I should be happy. Another dealership told me $100,000. Another told me they're taking bids and have turned down 80,000.

I just want a Challenger, period. I'm obsessed with the car. Only problem is I'm broke and have bad credit :(

ascii42

I've been wanting an R/T for a long time. I'm pretty sure I'd go for a Shaker if I were to buy one. Don't really want to spend $35k on a car, though. I dunno, I'll see after I get a chance to test drive the next gen Camaro. Maybe I'll be able to talk myself into one of them. It's not like I really have much in the way of expenses.

Or I could just get a 2004 "El Camonte"

Top Bottom