• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

No Love

Banned
E85, sadly, is not even remotely an option. Nearest station is 100 miles away and I'm not storing it.

Just saw your updated post, thanks for the input!

That sucks.

In that case: 3-port boost controller, have an exhaust shop do a 3" exhaust from the downpipe back (make sure to put good resonators on it), and tune. If you could swing it, I'd highly recommend throwing in some GSC S3 cams, they make a world of difference over stock.

I highly recommend not bothering with brand name test pipes/exhausts. They're overpriced for what they are.

I would hold off and save up a bit till you had a bit more pieces to install before the tune. You'd save yourself money in the long run.

And I'd get the cat back as it's less restrictive. Test pipes will make your car smell rather terrible and would attract the cops (I don't know how they are in your area).

As for a tune? Depends on what your turner recommends. I'd give them a shout and talk about your plans and your goals for your ride.

Easiest and most popular is the Accessport...

Momentary

Banned
damn

the white with black accents + exhaust note got me like

abr.gif

Just got my lemon law issue resolved in my favor. I'm really torn between the AWD F-Type and the Z06... I will be moving away from a manual for the first time in my life.

matmanx1

On this page we talked about state if the art electric steering as if it was pure aesthetic, and exhaust note as if it were important to real driving.

Steering feel is huge to an enthusiast and exhaust note is important to real driving, imo. While I don't want my car screaming at me I do like it to sound good or it just gets boring. Likewise with the steering feel. It's one of the reasons I just bought the 128i over a whole lot of other cars. It puts a grin on my face every time I grip that chunky steering wheel and go around a corner. It's fantastic (and hydraulic, not electric, but that's an argument for another time).

Just got my lemon law issue resolved in my favor. I'm really torn between the AWD F-Type and the Z06... I will be moving away from a manual for the first time in my life.

What car did you have the lemon law issue with? And as far as your car choices go, my head says Z06 but my heart says F-Type. I think there are very few cars on the planet as sexy as the F-type.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

Jaguar.

The Corvette is a dime a dozen car. The Jaguar is a neck turner and you'll never get sick of looking at it. Plus the Jaguar dealer experience is leagues ahead of what any Chevy dealer or service dept can offer.

Evo X

I spoke to that guy from Texas with the NSX for sale. He told me he spared no expense in making a Type R clone, down to paintwork and every OEM piece. It also has a Comptech supercharger that's good for 460HP so should be pretty quick in a car that light, along with Brembo BBK, carbon fiber bucket seats, and coilovers with front lift kit.

Looks to be a much more special vehicle than any Porsche or Vette you can get for this price. Only thing holding me back is the fact that I have never driven an NSX and this one is 1,500 miles away.

Just look at it though. This thing is a fucking automotive icon!

f4V20M4.jpg

eqmXFUY.jpg

gOMLoRY.jpg

No Love

Banned
I spoke to that guy from Texas with the NSX for sale. He told me he spared no expense in making a Type R clone, down to paintwork and every OEM piece. It also has a Comptech supercharger that's good for 460HP so should be pretty quick in a car that light, along with Brembo BBK, carbon fiber bucket seats, and coilovers with front lift kit.

Looks to be a much more special vehicle than any Porsche or Vette you can get for this price. Only thing holding me back is the fact that I have never driven an NSX and this one is 1,500 miles away.

f4V20M4.jpg

eqmXFUY.jpg

gOMLoRY.jpg

Do it. The NA1/NA2 NSX are one of the finest driving cars ever made. Especially with a nice supercharger.

Just fly out there, test drive it, get it inspected, and have it shipped home.

Evo X

That's tits. What's he asking?

$75K

Do it. The NA1/NA2 NSX are one of the finest driving cars ever made. Especially with a nice supercharger.

Just fly out there, test drive it, get it inspected, and have it shipped home.

Yeah, but for only a few thousand more I can get this certified 2013 991S. This thing is fully loaded with all the sports and luxury options. Had a $126K MSRP.

I mean, when someone asks, would you rather say you drive a Honda or a Porsche?

just playing devil's advocate. lol

878808d1413635426-2013-911-c2s-coupe-black-black-certified-126kmsrp-chicago-75-.jpg

f4V20M4.jpg

eqmXFUY.jpg

gOMLoRY.jpg

I had 2 nsx...they are great car and very reliable. They have the best seating, cockpit view position. But in terms of performance...they are mediocre ...

matmanx1

$75K

Yeah, but for only a few thousand more I can get this certified 2013 991S. This thing is fully loaded with all the sports and luxury options. Had a $126K MSRP.

I mean, when someone asks, would you rather say you drive a Honda or a Porsche?

just playing devil's advocate. lol

878808d1413635426-2013-911-c2s-coupe-black-black-certified-126kmsrp-chicago-75-.jpg

So basically what you are saying here is that there are no bad choices? =) Either would be stellar cars, right? Although if it were me I would try to find the least molested example of an NSX possible. The one you are looking at is a fair few steps away from what most people who bought those cars would have experienced and unless you have driven a stock one you won't really be able to appreciate the differences.

Evo X

I had 2 nsx...they are great car and very reliable. They have the best seating, cockpit view position. But in terms of performance...they are mediocre ...

Yeah, the car looks super hot, but I have to consider how it will be living with it on a daily basis. I think it would make an excellent 3rd or 4th addition to the garage.

But at the end of the day, it's still a car that was engineered in the 1980s so there is no way it's going to have the chassis rigidity, economy, comfort, and tech of a modern sports car.

So basically what you are saying here is that there are no bad choices? =) Either would be stellar cars, right? Although if it were me I would try to find the least molested example of an NSX possible. The one you are looking at is a fair few steps away from what most people who bought those cars would have experienced and unless you have driven a stock one you won't really be able to appreciate the differences.

Yeah, this is much more expensive than most NSXs so I won't make this decision lightly. Also, not sure how the resale market would be when I decide to get rid of it. Heavily modded cars have a very specific buyer.

Yeah, the car looks super hot, but I have to consider how it will be living with it on a daily basis. I think it would make an excellent 3rd or 4th addition to the garage.

But at the end of the day, it's still a car that was engineered in the 1980s so there is no way it's going to have the chassis rigidity, economy, comfort, and tech of a modern sports car.

Chassis is pretty rigid if you get a coupe na1...coupe na2 is pretty rare, majority are targa unless you get a zanardi..

Fuel economy I was getting like 22mpg which ain't bad.

Comfort is actually fine with stock set up. I had full Nsx-R suspension which made kinda stiff but still comfy.

After market parts are still expensive though...

No Love

Banned
Chassis is pretty rigid if you get a coupe na1...coupe na2 is pretty rare, majority are targa unless you get a zanardi..

Fuel economy I was getting like 22mpg which ain't bad.

Comfort is actually fine with stock set up. I had full Nsx-R suspension which made kinda stiff but still comfy.

After market parts are still expensive though...

Agreed. Stock NSX seats are amazingly comfortable. It's a great car to drive everyday, lots of fun.

But so is the 991...

Evo X

I think I'm gonna go for the 911. It's a local car so I don't have to worry about shipping. It's only got 10K miles on it and is certified until May 2019 so no problems with warranty.

It's a modern and comfortable car that I can drive every day without worry. Yet, it also has the sporting pedigree up there with the best of them so I can track it as well. It won multiple driver's car of the year awards from MotorTrend and other publications.

7:37 on the Nurburgring is no joke.

And if I decide to still get the GT4 later this year, I will have zero problems selling it privately or just trading it in.

Matt Farah had almost no 911 experience before he reviewed it, but walked away a believer.

His final quote is pretty funny, "I have decided today that in the next two years, I'm going to find a way to buy a Porsche, because once you drive one, if I'm honest, everything else seems a bit shitty." lol

Track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAIKr47ytV4

Street:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHlPpAmNCIU

AnAngryPillock

Neo Member

Definitely the Z06. It's just a much better sports car. If you're worried about dealerships I can give you the name of a dealer in Michigan that sells GM high performance cars at or below MSRP only. I ordered my Z/28 from her (got 3k off the sticker) and they personally trailered it to my house for me. The car is perfect and the buying experience is so much easier.

Fuuuu.

If only I had the ability to be pantsless and decide between an NSX and a 911...

When in reality, I only have the ability to be pantsless and decide whether I get a midpipe, header and tune for my Miata or use that money to put down a downpayment on the new Miata.

Both still first-world problems but still on totally different spectrums lol.

Evo, is the pictured 911 the one you want?

If so, you plan to keep those wheels? I so, so, so hate those wheels for some reason.

When researching cars months back, I'd look up used 991s and so many had those wheels.

These are awesome but you likely won't find any used cars with em:

2013porsche911clubcoupe-01-627x360.jpg

These, however, are on quite a few cars:

2013-Porsche-911-Desktop-Image.jpg

mkenyon

Banned
I'd get the NSX. You have all the time in the world to own a comfortable modern car. Your willingness to drive something not quite as comfortable but unquestionably more special is something that exists only in your youth.

Evo X

Evo, is the pictured 911 the one you want?

If so, you plan to keep those wheels? I so, so, so hate those wheels for some reason.

When researching cars months back, I'd look up used 991s and so many had those wheels.

These are awesome but you likely won't find any used cars with em:

2013porsche911clubcoupe-01-627x360.jpg

These, however, are on quite a few cars:

2013-Porsche-911-Desktop-Image.jpg

Yeah, that's the specific 911 I'm looking at.

These are the standard Carrera S wheels, which is why they are common:

These are the Carrera Classic wheels, which are an optional extra:

Funny enough, the Sport Classic wheels that are your favorite are my least.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Wheels can always be swapped out easily. I am not going to let something like that dictate which car I get. Price, options, color, condition, warranty, and mileage are all far more important.

Jackson

No it doesn't.

Oh snap! How stupid... I thought when they announced it you could go ala cart! The AWD is badly needed for the R... But the lack of a manual for that version is sad (I don't buy the "we couldn't make all that torque work with a manny!" garbage.)

No Love

Banned
Oh snap! How stupid... I thought when they announced it you could go ala cart! The AWD is badly needed for the R... But the lack of a manual for that version is sad (I don't buy the "we couldn't make all that torque work with a manny!" garbage.)

It's ok, because supposedly the V6 S is more of a fun, purer experience. A supercharged V6 can easily do 500-600 bhp. :)

I am somewhat disappointed too but I really think it'd be worthwhile to order up a 6 speed for myself next year. It'd be a worthy car to order from the factory.

Evo X

Car & Driver recently did a comparison of the new AWD Jaguar F-Type R, Mercedes AMG GT-S, and Porsche 911 GTS.

The final results were

#1: 911 with 199 points
#2: Benz with 194 points
#3: Jag with 186 points

Are we allowed to post scans here? I have the full article.

Also, Audi UK has just posted the grossest, most WTF car ad ever on their channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnMxcM7Gbjo

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Wow, I can't handle how clean and beautiful that NSX is.

Evo, you are in a very good position. Have fun with whatever you choose!

f4V20M4.jpg

eqmXFUY.jpg

gOMLoRY.jpg

If you get this, I consider you to own the best car on GAF.

Better than a GT4 and a Huracan, there, I said it.

Such a timeless masterpiece of a car.

I'm impressed by the NSX as far as its performance goes but it's rather lifeless so I don't care either way about it. Like a supermodel without makeup on hanging around the house in sweats.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The great thing about cars is that everyone's got a different opinion on all of them.

But I agree with Dave on the NSX. It's pretty to look at, but lifeless and slow and extremely expensive compared to today's offerings.

mkenyon

Banned
I keep on looking at pictures of the one Evo linked. That thing is fucking perfection. The white with red accents. The increased bit of power for the enthusiast. The small changes to interior aesthetics that fix those tiny things that are kind of meh about the original.

That's seriously one famazing car.

Makki

Holy fnck.

I might put aside my performance mods and save it for this gorgeous fastback hardtop:

Comes out to $4K for parts and shipping.

MY GAWWWWD. I had an NA with a hardtop and it never looked this good... I should buy a used ND Club when the old farts run to trade it in for the new lighter more lethargic gen and use the extra cash on this :D

Ah, new page must post something! Here's a crappy .gif of an abandoned warehouse my brother told me about where it was a blast to drift:

l41lX1YVqiSdIj9Ze.gif

Evo X

I keep on looking at pictures of the one Evo linked. That thing is fucking perfection. The white with red accents. The increased bit of power for the enthusiast. The small changes to interior aesthetics that fix those tiny things that are kind of meh about the original.

That's seriously one famazing car.

Here's some more bro, just for you. :D

q0AHasH.jpg

2OLCByh.jpg

I0e6B81.jpg

Jr3MA1D.jpg

aWLRM3n.jpg

Yep, definitely considering it now lol.

Btw, Evo X... watch this: Regular Car Reviews - 1994 Acura NSX. Funny how he reviews it today... right after you mention about buying one.

I wonder if if Mr. Regular is a GAF-fer now lol.

I'm rethinking...maybe I should take Regular's advice and buy one as an investment. I've been wondering what to do with some cash recently.

Think it's as good as it sounds, value wise?

No Love

Banned
I'm rethinking...maybe I should take Regular's advice and buy one as an investment. I've been wondering what to do with some cash recently.

Think it's as good as it sounds, value wise?

All NSX's have climbed up in value $10-20k in the last few years. And they will keep going up.

And SMH at people calling the car lifeless. The NSX is an AMAZING driver's car. It is anything but lifeless. Have you even driven the fucking thing?

Well its not lifeless....but the NSX that we got in the US tend to understeer on stock configuration.

When I had my NSX, I actually thought my integra type R was more fun to drive....

Oh yeah, no really mention this, but I think the nsx has the best paint job/process than any car that I've seen. My GT-R paint is garbage compare to the NSX...
Actually the GT-R pain is as good as a nissan versa.....

No Love

Banned
Well its not lifeless....but the NSX that we got in the US tend to understeer on stock configuration.

When I had my NSX, I actually thought my integra type R was more fun to drive....

Oh yeah, no really mention this, but I think the nsx has the best paint job/process than any car that I've seen. My GT-R paint is garbage compare to the NSX...

Nissan paint has always been kinda junky. Mitsubishi has the worst though.

I think what you mean is that the NSX isn't super oversteer friendly stock. I like to think of it as a very balanced, tossable car. The reason I say the NSX isn't lifeless is because the chassis, the steering, brakes, shifter, seats, the cockpit are all so expertly designed. It's a wonderful experience.

It's as good as the S2000 (S2000 may be a bit better in some ways) but different. I'd say the S2000 and NSX are the greatest cars Honda has ever made, and in the top 10 best driver's cars ever. Easily.

Halvie

Banned

What makes you say this?

Seems like a lot of modern paint jobs are pretty poor.

Top Bottom