• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

Bandit1

Latest fast lap. First time on track since last Oct. Shaking off the cobwebs but 2 seconds faster than previous fast lap video posted. Goal is to hit 1min 56 laptimes by end of this year on a stock car. Having a proper race seat put in was a huge boost in feeling comfortable. Highly recommended for anyone seriously wanting to track their car and going fast enough for it to matter. I need to get a better mount. Realized the mount is shaking and blurring the camera too much. Maybe time for a gopro like the rest of the world...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mysIDCoV50&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Nice lap! Looks like a fun track

Man that looks fun. Z06 right? Is it also your daily?

Yeah. 2011 Z06. I don't drive it daily to avoid putting miles on the sport cups. With an aggressive alignment, it'd chew through tires fast. If it wasn't for that, yes I could drive it daily.

My DD is a 2002 C5Z which still kicks ass after 115k miles!

Nice lap! Looks like a fun track

Thanks. All tracks are fun by nature :)

LOL wtf that's more than a corvette, I wonder how much they plan to sell?
Their pricing for a lot of stuff is just beyond silly for that car. Your really have to have a hard on for that specific car because it doesn't feel like you get your moneys worth at all IMO.

cube444

Yeah. 2011 Z06. I don't drive it daily to avoid putting miles on the sport cups. With an aggressive alignment, it'd chew through tires fast. If it wasn't for that, yes I could drive it daily.

My DD is a 2002 C5Z which still kicks ass after 115k miles!

Thanks. All tracks are fun by nature :)

What camber are you running, front and rear?

cube444

-2.7 front
Slight toe out to help turn in

-1.5 rear
Toe in to help out power down

Pretty solid. Can you go even more aggressive than that? I find that toe is what can really chew up your rubber fast. I run -2.5 up front on my DD and -2.0 in the rear.

Z06 sounds sweet in your video.

Pretty solid. Can you go even more aggressive than that? I find that toe is what can really chew up your rubber fast. I run -2.5 up front on my DD and -2.0 in the rear.

Z06 sounds sweet in your video.

I can go more aggressive but I have to drive it to and from the track. Also, different cars handle alignment and tire wear differently. -2.7 is pretty aggressive for a Z06. It's certainly visible. The toe in at the front is very slight.

What's your DD? are those your track setting or DD settings?

I'll have to do some digging. I was stupid and didn't adjust tire pressure properly the first session and part of the 2nd second which lead to very high pressure at the end of each session. Similar to how high TP's will destroy the center of a normal car, I expect it'd do the same to the inside 1/3rd of a car with high negative camber.

cube444

I can go more aggressive but I have to drive it to and from the track. Also, different cars handle alignment and tire wear differently. -2.7 is pretty aggressive for a Z06. It's certainly visible. The toe in at the front is very slight.

What's your DD? are those your track setting or DD settings?

I'll have to do some digging. I was stupid and didn't adjust tire pressure properly the first session and part of the 2nd second which lead to very high pressure at the end of each session. Similar to how high TP's will destroy the center of a normal car, I expect it'd do the same to the inside 1/3rd of a car with high negative camber.

You make a good point on how settings and results vary from model to model. Those are my DD settings. I own a BMW 335d and have gone with -3 up front for the track. I've thrown a lot of money into the suspension but on the track you really feel how lacking an LSD is. That will set me back about $4000 though so I haven't been too "active" in getting it just yet.

I love the turn in with -2.5 up front as a DD. Lots of fun for sure.

No Love

Banned
welcome back

i thought you were permed bruh. you must've don goofed big you were gone for a while

Thanks Smoke-dawg!

Naw, 1 month ban... I made a mistake in how I phrased something. Mods are pretty fair with their bans. It was a bit of a graveyard thread so it was my fault.

I missed you all. Auto-GAF is like a drug... :eek:

Bandit1

All right guys, I wanted to post this here and see what you all think. I know it's a little different but we're in the rat rod subculture. It was my Dad's idea, and he did most of the work, but I did help him quite a bit. It's a Massey Ferguson combine cab, tagged, titled, and insured. He built the frame from scratch, 3/4 ton front and rear end. 472 cubic inch Cadillac engine with a TH400 automatic transmission. Affectionately dubbed - FARMAGEDDON

No Love

Banned
All right guys, I wanted to post this here and see what you all think. I know it's a little different but we're in the rat rod subculture. It was my Dad's idea, and he did most of the work, but I did help him quite a bit. It's a Massey Ferguson combine cab, tagged, titled, and insured. He built the frame from scratch, 3/4 ton front and rear end. 472 cubic inch Cadillac engine with a TH400 automatic transmission. Affectionately dubbed - FARMAGEDDON

All I can say is FUCK YEAH! Love it. Idk what it is about project cars like these but they're fucking awesome.

Bandit1

All I can say is FUCK YEAH! Love it. Idk what it is about project cars like these but they're fucking awesome.

Thanks! Project cars are awesome. I think there's something really special about building or restoring your own car, getting a little dirty, slowly seeing it come together and then finally getting it out on the road. It's a great feeling.

coldfoot

Banned
2017-bmw-z2-rendered-news-car-and-driver-photo-594631-s-429x262.jpg

BMW Z2 rendering. Think it looks decent right? Hoping to have a lighter cheaper smaller more fun to drive Z4 are you?

WRONG. It is FWD

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I think the car is ugly, even ignoring the FWD.

That front fascia is way, way to big and gaudy for the little roadster. It looks like they took the front end of a 7-series and stuffed it on there without changing a thing.

Saw an F-type today, looked sexy as hell though it was wider and a bit bigger than I thought it was. Weird seeing it as it just came out, is not common, and I live in a suburb town of a mid size city that doesn't have a ton of nice cars.

i never really understood why new corollas sell so well. They are badass cars used for the price, but I can't see myself paying 17k+ for a new one.

mkenyon

Banned
Oh failwheeldrive

YOU JUST GOT UNBANNED

Smh lol
I looked at his post history, and thought, "banned for talking about a threesome objectively!?!? The post he quoted was way worse!"

Then I saw the Fedora stuff. Oh FWD. You gotta stahp bruh. Get in e-arguments on reddit instead or something.

coldfoot

Banned
Don't get why FWD was banned, but it seems to be about fedoras?
At least get banned for useful stuff like I did, it's either religion, politics, system wars or mobile wars, lol.

Oh and I saw a C7 convertible on the road yesterday. I think it had manufacturer plates because they shouldn't be for sale yet? The front looked too bulbous for my tastes, which was accentuated by the lack of a solid roof. I'll take the regular C7 thanks.

I see lots of not-for-sale cars around these days. 3 Series GT (6 months ago, before they went on sale), Audi Q3, etc.

Top Bottom