• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

matmanx1

My friend's WRX has a matte grey wrap. Looks incredible.

qsnQcm7.jpg

That looks fantastic.

Here's my buddies 787B inspired vinyl-wrapped NC Miata:

I know they're shitty pics, so check out his Flickr album instead: https://www.flickr.com/photos/onceinalivetime/albums/72157637091833395/with/14301547475/

Yep, he wrapped in Gulf livery before he swapped it out to the current 787B wrap.

Also love this one. You can do some amazing things with vinyl wrap these days, eh?

Typically about $3,000. Sometimes more sometimes less.

That's super expensive... even with the design consultation, materials and actual labor itself, it cost less than a grand to wrap that Miata.

Did you try to get a Hummer limousine wrapped? Lolol.

Also love this one. You can do some amazing things with vinyl wrap these days, eh?

Yep. If you've got the eye for design, or the company you work with has awesome designers on staff, you could literally do crazy things with vinyl.

Jackson

That's super expensive... even with the design consultation, materials and actual labor itself, it cost less than a grand to wrap that Miata.

Did you try to get a Hummer limousine wrapped? Lolol.

Yep. If you've got the eye for design, or the company you work with has awesome designers on staff, you could literally do crazy things with vinyl.

Hmm... Well a Miata is probably the cheapest thing to wrap there is because it's got no roof and its small. Also depends on the vinyl materials and the shop quality. But sure, it's a range. $1,000 - $5,000k depending on lots of variables. Still cheaper than a good paint job and super cheap to go back unlike paint.

I'm thinking of selling my 95 Integra and getting an NB1 Miata. I love the integra but I kind of want a RWD for autocross. Going to be hard to part with that car though, took me through high school, college, and my first job lol.

Then I'll keep my '14 Civic Si for dailying. It can hold it's own and is a blast to drive too but I'd like something new to mess around with.

Anything I should be keeping an eye out as far as NB1s are concerned? In terms of the used market, any problems, etc etc.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Bosses new car. So much shorter than I thought it would be.

Lambo Huracan 610-4

Wq2U31Y.jpg

L3IcubQ.jpg

IZqyQ9A.jpg

Yikes...when I picked up my brother's Huracan back in June the first thing I told him to do was to keep the car red, it looked bananas in red. He ultimately left the designs up to me and my end result was this:

pjA65ME.jpg

FHSiJ0S.jpg

45PKrr5.jpg

-I chose a clear-matte film that gives the car a matte-red appearance, but also protects the paint from rock chips. It looks downright incredible in person.

-Black roof that cascades down to the engine cover.

-Gloss black wheels

-Black exhaust tips

-And the final bit is something I credit the shop owner with...as he was wrapping the car he said "you know, a black line would look beautiful at the bottom of each door. If you don't like it, I'll rip it off." So I let him have a go and it looked phenomenal, as if it belonged there from the factory. In pictures it looks like a shadow, but it's vinyl. :)

Jackson

Yikes...when I picked up my brother's Huracan back in June the first thing I told him to do was to keep the car red, it looked bananas in red. He ultimately left the designs up to me and my end result was this:

pjA65ME.jpg

FHSiJ0S.jpg

45PKrr5.jpg

-I chose a clear-matte film that gives the car a matte-red appearance, but also protects the paint from rock chips. It looks downright incredible in person.

-Gloss black wheels

-Black exhaust tips

-And the final bit is something I credit the shop owner with...as he was wrapping the car he said "you know, a black line would look beautiful at the bottom of each door. If you don't like it, I'll rip it off." So I let him have a go and it looked phenomenal, as if it belonged there from the factory. In pictures it looks like a shadow, but it's vinyl. :)

This is muuuuuuch better lol. It's like you have taste or something. :)

TCRS

Banned
saw a red 458 today. what a beautiful car. If I could ever afford a car in that range I would get a red Ferrari.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
saw a red 458 today. what a beautiful car. If I could ever afford a car in that range I would get a red Ferrari.
Funny, I tailed a silver 458 spider in the seirra Nevada's earlier. I agree, my favorite Ferrari. Just stunning.

Hmm... Well a Miata is probably the cheapest thing to wrap there is because it's got no roof and its small. Also depends on the vinyl materials and the shop quality. But sure, it's a range. $1,000 - $5,000k depending on lots of variables. Still cheaper than a good paint job and super cheap to go back unlike paint.

Yeah, that's true.

I guess we'll just blame it on a "living in the beautiful PNW" tax? Haha.

I love copper/bronze color rims with red cars.

Yes yes yes. I've been meaning to get my rims dipped in gold, but I don't have the time and patience to do it myself so I've been looking at local shops that do good work. No luck so far though... lots of mixed reviews and expensive prices so idk yet.

On another note, is $135 for a coolant flush considered highway robbery?

I just noticed my coolant's below the E line(still some in the reservoir but still) so I bought a gallon of "Mazda exclusive" FL22 coolant for $30 bucks. And I do mean exclusive, AdvanceReilyZone doesn't carry it, they just have something "similar" to FL22. -_______-

I was gonna use that $30 to buy some spark plugs this weekend, but I had to divert those funds to the damn coolant. I was thinking of flushing it, but I don't have $135 right now and it's not an emergency so I'm just gonna top it off and flush it in a couple of months.

Jackson

Saw a unicorn today (maybe a Pegasus? lol) at the local dealer. Only 77 in the world. The base MSRP was $1.77m (hence the name One-77). I don't think it comes close to being worth the $2,300,000.00 asking price now (or the $1.77m then), but man was it gorgeous in person. It's like they took everything classy about the timeless design of the Vantage and made it way classier some how. But I guess the problem for me is for that price it looks like any other Aston (which is Aston's problem in general). This is the best of the bunch, sure... but to a non-petrol head it'd just be "a nice Aston". I think the Vulcan changes that though, that car looks bonkers for an Aston and looks more worth the price tag.

6J7fu1t.jpg

PO0cQoV.jpg

ZW22xbp.jpg

uivMytC.jpg

kziyyYM.jpg

ZsrRRn2.jpg

24Uy3St.jpg

No Love

Banned
That's gorgeous. How long, realistically, does a wrap last? Is it at all durable? Dirt road durable?

2-3 years, it's very durable and easy to take care of.

pjA65ME.jpg

FHSiJ0S.jpg

45PKrr5.jpg

-Gloss black wheels

-Black exhaust tips

This is how you do a fucking vinyl wrapped Lambo. GORGEOUS

boltz

Speaking of matte-wrapping cars, does that require any special care in terms of washing/cleaning? I remember reading some reviews when the Veloster came out with a matte paintjob and you couldn't wash it normally.

Evo X

Went to the largest Porsche show in the Midwest yesterday, and they had some amazing rare collector's and race cars. Will be posting the pics later. Be warned mobile users.

AlphaSnake

Speaking of matte-wrapping cars, does that require any special care in terms of washing/cleaning? I remember reading some reviews when the Veloster came out with a matte paintjob and you couldn't wash it normally.

Matte paint just requires water, really. No wax. And a special kind of VERY soft soap that you can buy online if the car is very dirty. The maintenance is extremely limited, to be honest. I'm thinking of wrapping my entire M56S in a grey matte of some sort, because I'm tired of taking care of my black car every 3 days.

Vinyl wrap, matte or not, can be washed like anything else. But you should avoid machine washes because the bristles can possibly hook a corner and lift it if the job isn't 120% perfect

Yes, it's called the 2JZ and it was featured in the MK IV Supra. (Sidenote: it's an inline 6, not a V, but still works for your question.)

No, I said V6 because I meant V6. I know about Toyota's inline turbo 6s... specifically, I knew that the 3000GT and 300ZX both had turbo V6 engines, and that the Supra did not, which is why I was curious.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That interiors is too concerned with looking like it is from the future instead of being from the future.

Pterion

Hot stuff from Porsche, once again. Great company, but those prices are ridiculous especially in Canada. Got to pay big time to play. Hopefully, it will just be a matter of time. A GTS would be nice...

Oxn

Quick question

So i just got my title today, and on it it says i have a lien from my bank.

So my question is, once i pay my bank off in 2 months, will i get a new title? How does that work?

Quick question

So my question is, once i pay my bank off in 2 months, will i get a new title? How does that work?

The bank will send you a lien release letter stating that the loan has been paid off. You can keep your current title and that letter together or you can go to the DMV with the letter and get an updated title. (When I bought my old car, the previous owner's title had a lien mentioned but he also had the loan clearance letter).

Oxn

The bank will send you a lien release letter stating that the loan has been paid off. You can keep your current title and that letter together or you can go to the DMV with the letter and get an updated title. (When I bought my old car, the previous owner's title had a lien mentioned but he also had the loan clearance letter).

Got it, sounds good.

Got into a car accident today. :(
I'm alright but it happened because this lady didn't check her blind spot and turned right in front of me. Ugh. :(

QJUL4lH.jpg

Luckily it looks purely cosmetic. Check your vehicle alignment and see if you have any issue steering.

Did you get insurance and driver's license info? That should be an easy claim.

AlphaSnake

Quick question

Yes. They'll mail you a new title and you should have it within 3 weeks. Call the bank once you pay the car off and they'll give you the exact timeline.

Rust, rust, and rust.

Miatas are essentially bulletproof especially NB1's as they're basically an NA minus the pop-up headlights and a stronger engine.

This guide at Miata.net helps too.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

Porsche announces Mission-E, their take on an all electric sedan. 600HP, 0-60 in under 3.5s, 300+mi range, eye tracking HUD, and inductive charge in under 15 min using a base plate in your garage.

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/mission-e/international.aspx

12029718_10153757295262668_1599454835917618371_o.jpg

10482721_10153757295367668_7972288152581325632_o.jpg

11845170_10153757295417668_8015143208453631489_o.jpg

12028689_10153757295497668_3518093826484090359_o.jpg

11958043_10153757295567668_5830569660655776249_o.jpg

12002631_10153757295652668_4983460828569987180_o.jpg

12032890_10153757295737668_8507694872067886059_o.jpg

12032868_10153757295887668_3663180011385117847_o.jpg

11708048_10153757295972668_2929482618564486440_o.jpg

How exactly do they intend to charge that fast without some crazy new battery tech? Or is that just concept talk?

Top Bottom