• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

Anion

Alright I owe pictures haha

Best 30 mins I have spent, as I have said. Just wish the video was focused on the road and not me. The road was something out of Forza Horizon 2...which makes sense haha. Needless to say, I know what I need to save up money for now LOL

And yeah I left a piece of my heart in Maranello...hopefully some day I'll retrieve it
https://abload.de/img/img_0413vgbf0.jpg
https://abload.de/img/img_0412ccz3v.jpg
https://abload.de/img/img_04178fxbj.jpg
https://abload.de/img/img_0415iulms.jpg
https://abload.de/img/img_04147nybt.jpg
https://abload.de/img/img_041862lea.jpg
https://abload.de/img/img_0424tnzgs.jpg
https://abload.de/img/img_0423bzag1.jpg
https://abload.de/img/img_0422cparu.jpg

Anion

And as promised the

Lamborghini Museum in Sant'Agata; Ferrari Museum in Modena; and Ferrari Museum in Maranello. These are just a few pictures I have, the rest are HERE (http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=p7SWNIV0)

Here are a few cars lol. There are a lot more pictures in my album above. I just couldnt decide which ones to share...

The mura concept car had mud on the tires...not sure what that means. And the LP650-4 had door dings lol

Anion

Also, when we went to Monte Carlo, we got a free upgrade to the 2017 E Class...and being a Mercedes enthusiast I was excited to see how MB has changed it. Summary: It has been wrapped in luxury.

It was a Diesel model, so not much to comment on the engine besides that it was smooth af and quiet and slower than I would have liked lol.

But the seats and materials were definitely taken from the S Class - which is amazing since Mercedes seems to be pushing all that down their lines to the slightly more affordable C class lol.

BUT. My interest was on the 1 piece LCD display for both the speedometer. My review in one word: Everything has changed for the better. Now this is coming from a guy who is completely familiar with all the versions of MB's command center from 2009 to 2015. Its completely redone. And really well. Both software and the hardware (the command knob) has been redesigned for functionality. The huge screen was a god send for the Nav. Just wish it was touch screen, as now the bigger screen just has become a bigger magnet for my fingers haha. Now no one has to dig through a handful of menus, although the same can be said about the 2015 version to some degree. I was just impressed at how much quicker they made it. The 2015 in my car is already really really fast, but this is like 20% faster than that. And the POI integration is amazing with the 2017...

GHG

Gold Member
Are Lamborghini ever going to get on with it and release the Urus and Asterion?

Great pictures by the way. The Speciale is a thing of beauty.

Anion

Mine today.
Oh man, congrats. That is a stunning color on the car. And damn it looks immaculate! I dont know much about BMWs actually, but that looks special for sure haha
Haha, I'd actually already picked it out before I even posted that I was thinking about it. It's actually the only one they had in stock, but my god does it look good.

They had just gotten it in yesterday morning, so aside from them driving it around the parking lot to get it into the showroom, and to fill up gas across the street, I'm the only one who's driven it at all, starting with my test drive yesterday. :D

Naturally, it started raining as I was filling out the paperwork and whatnot. Of course. I think I'll be ok!

Congrats to you too man! Love the white on the Miata
although red would be better ;)
. Mazda did an amazing job with making it the miata look so elegant this gen. Wasnt too much of a fan of gen 3 visuals. Regardless, delivery is the best

Anion

Are Lamborghini ever going to get on with it and release the Urus and Asterion?

Great pictures by the way. The Speciale is a thing of beauty.

I believe the Urus is scheduled for assembly later this year or next year. I cant remember what it said on the poster next to it lol. But the Asterion is amazing. I would like the other pictures, but I already have posted too much hahaha. They are in my album though

Everyone has to see it from the back...its beautiful. I actually think Asterion > Huracan.

And dammmmm, some one on Gaf has to buy the Speciale. It drips of aggressiveness in everything. Ughhhh

Beautiful day.

This little guy is faster and more capable than the specs and its positioning in the product line suggest. If you bought a 911 Turbo S recently, I'm sorry.

Those are some great colors. Love the blue spyder. And I wish the Pagani factory was open while I was near Modena lol. That must have been a sight to see in person.

Ovid

Which reminds me, I still need to do a write up of my 3 years of BMW X6 ownership. I'll do it at some point this week when I get a moment. But in preview it will likely be something like this:

Yes, please do.

Which one do you have? I was looking at the 50i a couple of weeks ago.

GHG

Gold Member
Yes, please do.

Which one do you have? I was looking at the 50i a couple of weeks ago.

I had the 50i. Don't do it.

BMW is having major issues with the N63/N63tu engines. Issues I had were as follows:

- excessive engine oil consumption
- vanos bank 1 failure (intake)
- Fuel injectors causing misfires
- Valve seal failure (happened when I went to try and sell it the first time if you can believe it...)

All cost me lots of $$$ as it all started happening within 6 months of the warranty expiring. Even though I found a very good indie full of Germans who used to work for BMW back in Germany it was still very expensive to keep the engine running. Fantastic power when she worked though. Read read read:

https://bmwvirtuoso.blogspot.com

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/bmw-n63-teutonic-trouble-1705170612

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1076902

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1074012

So earlier today my daughter, who has never had any kind of reaction more than "car!" or "blue car!" before, saw a picture of a black TRD Chaser on my desktop background and said "wow, that's a cool car!"

Brought a tear to my eye!

mashoutposse

Ante Up
dayam I forgot it's the last Saturday of the month...must have been nice in santana row today.

It was Lamborghini-themed, too. Your car would've been a nice addition to the lineup. You can always crash the Ferrari one coming up next month. ;)

that fucking pagani! :O

Incredible to see in person.

Those are some great colors. Love the blue spyder. And I wish the Pagani factory was open while I was near Modena lol. That must have been a sight to see in person.

The Le Mans Blue car is a pretty wild spec.

Fantastic pics, BTW. The Speciale is perfect. The looks, the sound, the drive. 10/10 across the board. That's almost exactly how I'd have it (need it in Rosso Scuderia; best Ferrari red, in my opinion).

Heyyyy you're from the bay area :)

I see you in the NBA thread. ;) Yesterday:

TPY3YPG.jpg

Totally worth the $25. Real fans came out.

The Rowwwww

I'm at Valley Fair right now too haha, what a coincidence.

The monthly car show is usually worth attending. Last Saturday of every month during driving season.

Evo X

Did anyone here watch the new Top Gear?

I figured since The Grand Tour isn't coming out until Fall, I'd check it out and give it a fair shot to pass the time. Here's my thoughts.

Not feeling Chris Evans as the main host. Kind of annoying personality. He made a jab at Jeremy Clarkson right off the bat, which was met with a mixed reaction.

First segment was a review and comparison of the Viper ACR and C7 Z06. Aero and grip advantages go to the ACR. Sabine Schmitz called the Z06 a piece of shit and it's suspension awful. lol

Second was a roadtrip with Matt LeBlanc and Evans from London to Blackpool in 3 wheeler Reliant Rialtos. The Reliant Robin sketch from the old Top Gear is one of my favorites. I was laughing from start to finish. This one however, apart from a few quips from Matt, was a yawn fest.

The new reasonably priced car was a Mini Cooper and the stars were Gordon Ramsay and Jesse Eisenberg. I liked the new Rally cross circuit with the off road bits. Think it's going to make things more interesting.

Next segment was a review of the Ariel Nomad by Matt. This was fun. Shows off that it still has good cinematography and production values. Makes me really want to drive one of these.

Finally, there was a section on a Willy's Jeep vs Series 1 Land Rover. Meh. Gimmicky and unoriginal.

I'd say the best part of the show wasn't even actually part of it, but an additional 30 minute behind the scenes look called Extra Gear with Chris Harris and Rory Reid. Had Harris beating the Ariel Nomad around the test track and Reid checking out Sabine's Nurburgring workshop to get a ride in her 911 GT3R.

Overall, not a train wreck like some were expecting, but a far cry from greatness of the trio. Let's see where it goes from here.

matmanx1

Got some nicer weather this afternoon and some solid driving in. I'm lucky enough to live close to a lot of twisty mid-speed roads; countless little river valleys that feed into the Mississippi River.

It's amazing just how effortless driving this thing is - it just goes exactly where you want it to without fighting at all. Quite the difference after having gotten very used to the torque steer of a Mazdaspeed 3 for nine years.

I think the best part has to be how it's just fun to drive regardless of speed; don't need to be going super fast to get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Which is not to say that it's not quick enough anyway. The low weight is very noticeable off the line, and then getting into the upper RPMs in third and fourth gear? Yes. Oh very much yes.

Love it! And once again, welcome to the MX-5 owners club! They really are extremely fun cars. Mine puts a smile on my face every time I get in it and put the top down.

They're claiming a header, pipe and tune can net +45 whp. I'd want to see some independent testing before dropping two large.

It's Good-win racing. They've been doing Miata's for years and are an extremely reliable company with a large enthusiast following. They aren't blowing any smoke. If they say they are getting 180hp at the wheels through their header/mid/muffler combo with a tune then you can take it to the bank.

I figured since The Grand Tour isn't coming out until Fall, I'd check it out and give it a fair shot to pass the time. Here's my thoughts.

Not feeling Chris Evans as the main host. Kind of annoying personality. He made a jab at Jeremy Clarkson right off the bat, which was met with a mixed reaction.

First segment was a review and comparison of the Viper ACR and C7 Z06. Aero and grip advantages go to the ACR. Sabine Schmitz called the Z06 a piece of shit and it's suspension awful. lol

Second was a roadtrip with Matt LeBlanc and Evans from London to Blackpool in 3 wheeler Reliant Rialtos. The Reliant Robin sketch from the old Top Gear is one of my favorites. I was laughing from start to finish. This one however, apart from a few quips from Matt, was a yawn fest.

The new reasonably priced car was a Mini Cooper and the stars were Gordon Ramsay and Jesse Eisenberg. I liked the new Rally cross circuit with the off road bits. Think it's going to make things more interesting.

Next segment was a review of the Ariel Nomad by Matt. This was fun. Shows off that it still has good cinematography and production values. Makes me really want to drive one of these.

Finally, there was a section on a Willy's Jeep vs Series 1 Land Rover. Meh. Gimmicky and unoriginal.

I'd say the best part of the show wasn't even actually part of it, but an additional 30 minute behind the scenes look called Extra Gear with Chris Harris and Rory Reid. Had Harris beating the Ariel Nomad around the test track and Reid checking out Sabine's Nurburgring workshop to get a ride in her 911 GT3R.

Overall, not a train wreck like some were expecting, but a far cry from greatness of the trio. Let's see where it goes from here.

Yeah, Evans was a bit meh. Sabine is always great though and Matt was ok too.

Really surprised with the suspension comments about the Z06. I thought it came standard with the MR shocks. Guess we could trust GM to screw up the control system.

Thanks for the great write-up. Been hovering over the Season Pass button on iTunes for a few days. This doesn't inspire confidence, but the first few seasons of the Clarkson years were kind of uneven as well.

Trouble is they didn't actually reboot the show. They're just trying to shoehorn in some new people, hoping that they'd magically find similarly great rapport.

Also, Chris Harris, arguably the most qualified person there, is stuck in that tacked on Extra Gear segment instead of the show proper. Which is a fucking disgrace if you ask me. I sincerely hope this trainwreck doesn't damage his future.

It's Good-win racing. They've been doing Miata's for years and are an extremely reliable company with a large enthusiast following. They aren't blowing any smoke. If they say they are getting 180hp at the wheels through their header/mid/muffler combo with a tune then you can take it to the bank.

I wasn't doubting Good-Win's pedigree, just that delta seems awfully high for a small NA engine.

Then again, looking at the graphs provided it appears the tune raises the redline and stretches the entire powerband out across the range. Entirely possible that Mazda put a restrictive tune on here to easily pass emissions and ensure reliability, and the flash is doing a lot of the heavy lifting here. The OrangeVirus tune itself is claimed to make ~20hp all on its own with no other changes (http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-1790.html).

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yo bruhs...got some seat time in an AMG GTS. Passenger seat time, but I got to start it, rev it, sit in the drivers seat a bit and pull it out of the garage. LOL. It was traded in for an F-Type R at my Jag dealer, and the dealer owner decided to plate it and start driving it around. Car has all of 700 miles on it and he took me for a spin.

First of all, I'm not sure why anyone would trade in an AMG GTS for an F-Type R. Everyone here knows I love my Jags, I'm a hardcore fan at this point. But I'm not blindly loyal. And I think I would ever so slightly prefer the GTS over an F-Type. In fact, all of the Jag employees at the dealer were just as puzzled. The F-Type is an amazing machine, visceral all the way through. But the GTS has an interior that is really in a different category. It's also more refined on the road and better on the track. It has great presence, but looks go to the Jaguar.

Next door to the Jag dealer here is a Mercedes dealer (different owners) and as we pulled out of the lot, they had a brand new C300 Coupe. And sometimes the GTS looked like a really slammed C-class Coupe. The design language is a little too close in that regard. On the other hand, the F-Type has siblings that start at $62K, which dilutes the car image a little bit...although most people still gawk at them as if it were a six-figure supercar.

The sounds go to the F-Type R, but the GTS tries hard and achieves very well. At 8/10ths and on the street, you'd be splitting hairs in deciding which is faster. There's an SVR model coming in a few months which will be priced closer to the GTS (the base F-Type R starts around 25K cheaper) and that'll likely match the GTS on the track and in speed as it makes 600HP with a multitude of overall changes.

But at the same time, when inside the GTS there wasn't a mindblowing sensation that made me feel as if the car outclassed even my four year old XKR in speed (even though it clearly does). The center console may have been more laden with decoration in the Benz, but the seats, overall quality of materials, and the like, are still very high-end on my own car. And in some areas the F-Type R is a small step above my XKR's interior (although it does have more plastics in the center console compared to my all leather XKR and the entire headliner being suede on mine).

So having said that...I still couldn't figure out why anyone would trade one for the other. The F-Type R and the GTS are such similar cars in many ways. I'll put it to you this way, if I owned an F-Type R, I wouldn't trade one for a GTS. If I owned a GTS, I wouldn't trade one for it for an F-Type R. It's about as lateral as a jump as one could have. So I found the whole thing very peculiar. Especially for a car with only 700 miles. My final thought was that maybe it was one of those owners who was fed up with the Benz dealer next door over something stupid? Who knows.

Evo X

7 car enthusiasts around the world are about to have their day ruined by a call from their local Porsche dealer.

A transport truck carrying new GT4s from the factory was rear ended on the way to Cologne. Over 1 million Euros in damage. All cars totaled. Truck driver behind him wasn't paying attention and failed to brake in time when traffic slowed down.

Shit. I'm gonna go hug my car right now.

Ein-schreckliches-Bild-fuer-Autoliebhaber-Sieben-nagelneuen-33736h.jpg

GHG

Gold Member
7 car enthusiasts around the world are about to have their day ruined by a call from their local Porsche dealer.

A transport truck carrying new GT4s from the factory was rear ended on the way to Cologne. Over 1 million Euros in damage. All cars totaled. Truck driver behind him wasn't paying attention and failed to brake in time when traffic slowed down.

See, this is what happens when you opt for one of these over a proper 911.

I'm joking don't kill me.

^Those pics are freakin' sweet but Abload really needs to get their heads out of their asses.

I'm on an 8-core AMD CPU, Sammy SSD, Chrome, and a 100mbps connection, yet my damn computer still chugs like a little biatch. Sure, it's technically slow because they're an ocean away but my Steam download zone isn't in Dallas, it's South Korea sooooo... lol.

Then again, looking at the graphs provided it appears the tune raises the redline and stretches the entire powerband out across the range. Entirely possible that Mazda put a restrictive tune on here to easily pass emissions and ensure reliability, and the flash is doing a lot of the heavy lifting here. The OrangeVirus tune itself is claimed to make ~20hp all on its own with no other changes (http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-1790.html).

Funny enough, when the OrangeVirus guy talked about his tune on the Skyactiv engines, everybody and their damn grandpa's on Miata.net fell off their rocking chairs and claimed bullshit. There were threads left and right discrediting the tune on the grounds of the tune being "unheard of." Luckily for OVT, another shop vetted them and that shitposting stopped, but it wasn't until GWR came in and vetted them a few months ago where the "negative" fully reputation disappeared.

I'm honestly more surprised that Porsche doesn't use a covered trailer to haul them around. I'd understand if it was a base model Cayman or something but these are the GT4's... I'd probably be a little miffed if I found out my GT4 spent 4 hours in a trailer under the baking German sun.

Kidding aside, I'm interested in what Porsche's gonna do. Are they gonna shuffle the production line and accommodate those folks or are they gonna send them at the back of the line to wait for a longer time.

Funny enough, when the OrangeVirus guy talked about his tune on the Skyactiv engines, everybody and their damn grandpa's on Miata.net fell off their rocking chairs and claimed bullshit. There were threads left and right discrediting the tune on the grounds of the tune being "unheard of." Luckily for OVT, another shop vetted them and that shitposting stopped, but it wasn't until GWR came in and vetted them a few months ago where the "negative" fully reputation disappeared.

Sounds about right - everyone has a healthy dose of skepticism, wants unheard of power from a tune and then bitches about paying more than $200 for it :p

Seems like they also got hit with bad timing due to an office relocation as well and had to give out a few refunds. Definitely a stand-up guy and appreciate the detail given about what the OV is actually doing.

OFT (who I'm considering going with if I keep the 86) claims 15hp on the ND OFT, but doesn't provide nearly the level of detail that OV does.

Makes me feel a bit better about my day.

matmanx1

Let's talk eye-wear for a second. Anyone have a great pair of driving shades they can recommend? I've been doing some research and honestly opinions are all over the place. I am near sighted so I need a prescription lens but most good companies will do an RX version of their product these days.

I've been looking at Dillon Optics, which is what Matt Farah uses and is a sponsor company for The Smoking Tire. The technology sounds solid but you have to order them directly from Dillon unless you happen to have a retailer close by which means I couldn't try them on before I bought them. Oh and, they cost $250 - $280 before the lab fee for the RX lens.

I've used a pair of Serengeti's for years but at this point I believe they let more light through than I am comfortable with for long term sun exposure. I want something darker than the typical Serengeti. So AutoGaf, any recommendations? What are you folks wearing when you go for a drive?

Let's talk eye-wear for a second. Anyone have a great pair of driving shades they can recommend? I've been doing some research and honestly opinions are all over the place. I am near sighted so I need a prescription lens but most good companies will do an RX version of their product these days.

I've been looking at Dillon Optics, which is what Matt Farah uses and is a sponsor company for The Smoking Tire. The technology sounds solid but you have to order them directly from Dillon unless you happen to have a retailer close by which means I couldn't try them on before I bought them. Oh and, they cost $250 - $280 before the lab fee for the RX lens.

I've used a pair of Serengeti's for years but at this point I believe they let more light through than I am comfortable with for long term sun exposure. I want something darker than the typical Serengeti. So AutoGaf, any recommendations? What are you folks wearing when you go for a drive?

Wayfarer knockoffs that cost $15. At some point I'll pony up for some real clubmasters, but mostly I don't care.

And don't wear anything wraparound, they're just not cool anymore.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I have a pair of Revos that I use for driving. they are great for glare, golden hour blindness and so on. Something about their lenses just deals well with driving light problems.

ZetaEpyon

I have prescription polarized Wayfarers that I wear for just about anything. Not cheap, but I used my annual insurance allocation on them.

I don't think I could go back to non-polarized lenses, especially for driving. Just makes too much of a difference.

Sounds about right - everyone has a healthy dose of skepticism, wants unheard of power from a tune and then bitches about paying more than $200 for it :p

Seems like they also got hit with bad timing due to an office relocation as well and had to give out a few refunds. Definitely a stand-up guy and appreciate the detail given about what the OV is actually doing.

OFT (who I'm considering going with if I keep the 86) claims 15hp on the ND OFT, but doesn't provide nearly the level of detail that OV does.

Yeah, the brigading was really stupid. It's just another reason why I rarely spend time on M.net, too many people off their rockers and taking everything seriously.

And yeah, I've heard good things about OFT but we NC Miatas stick with my Dynotronics or Tuning Done Right since they're well known for good customer service. The TDR guy even does an annual road trip where he brings his NC all over the country and will tune your car if he's in your city for $280 bucks. I've been waiting for him to get here in DFW but he hasn't the time unfortunately.

Let's talk eye-wear for a second.

If you don't mind becoming a hipster, then I recommend Warby Parker shades. I personally use the Thatcher since I've got a wide face lol. $100 bucks for polarized and extremely durable shades? Yes please.

I used to use non-polarized RB Wayfarers but I lost them while tubing down in Austin. :(

At some point I'll pony up for some real clubmasters, but mostly I don't care.

I hate you lol. I fnckin' love the Clubmasters but my wide face can't fit the regular sizes so I have to shell out for the $200 version. Thankfully, my Warby Parkers are extremely durable so I won't have to get the Clubmasters just yet.

DarkestHour

Banned

They need to get rid of Chris Evans. Dude is a nut case and annoying as hell, imo. I thought the show itself was good, just not him.

AlphaSnake

I've been saying this on and on again:

Matt LeBlanc
Chris Harris
Sabine

Chris Evans can kick rocks. He's awful.

yeh don't think i'll be watching this season...

on another note, can't wait till the next page of this thread as all those pictures, as nice as they are, are annoying to load.

TTTR

could've been worse. only 6 GT4 and one normal cayman.

j/k

AlphaSnake

yeh don't think i'll be watching this season...

on another note, can't wait till the next page of this thread as all those pictures, as nice as they are, are annoying to load.

I agree. Extremely annoying. One picture and URLs should be the rule.

I don't know if y'all follow Regular Car Reviews but he just put out a video basically showing why project cars are terrible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME5yUpocnps

Long story short, he's been building his Ford Falcon for months now, with a deadline this coming Thursday so he can take it to Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA. And of course like every project car, shit happens so that meant delays and all that, but today... man, you could feel the pain through that video.

The car is basically done, it started running today and everything is well... until the the radiator hoses basically flew off the radiator. Yep, engine is overheating and the radiator got too hot causing the hoses to fly off. @___@

Anyway, now I'm convinced... as somebody with shitty mechanic skills, I'm probably not gonna tackle a project car anytime soon. Maybe when I can just throw money around and have a pro mechanic to do it lol.

No Love

Banned
Put the M5 through its paces this week, drove it all over SoCal and to Vegas and back. Performed flawlessly the whole way. Definitely a LOT happier once it got back to CA though, oil temps dropped 40F+ degrees and coolant temp dropped as well and felt a lot more powerful. The tune is a lot happier out of that nasty climate.

Car gets a LOT of attention and thumbs up everywhere I go, people really want to know why it sounds so crazy and they love the bodystyle. Seems to appeal to both domestic and import guys which is awesome. Really enjoy driving it every day, it's so good in any situation and the dual personality makes it a joy.

I don't know if y'all follow Regular Car Reviews but he just put out a video basically showing why project cars are terrible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME5yUpocnps

Long story short, he's been building his Ford Falcon for months now, with a deadline this coming Thursday so he can take it to Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA. And of course like every project car, shit happens so that meant delays and all that, but today... man, you could feel the pain through that video.

The car is basically done, it started running today and everything is well... until the the radiator hoses basically flew off the radiator. Yep, engine is overheating and the radiator got too hot causing the hoses to fly off. @___@

Anyway, now I'm convinced... as somebody with shitty mechanic skills, I'm probably not gonna tackle a project car anytime soon. Maybe when I can just throw money around and have a pro mechanic to do it lol.

As someone who drives nothing but project cars I can relate. There's always something wrong, and it takes more time to fix than you originally planned. Except in my case its get it fixed or ride my bicycle to work.

burgerdog

Finish off this page? There's 48 left to go. Evo, don't automatically load images on mobile. I find the experience to be a lot better if you toggle that off and then you tap on the images you want to load. It's a godsend for situations like these.

No Love

Banned
Finish off this page? There's 48 left to go. Evo, don't automatically load images on mobile. I find the experience to be a lot better if you toggle that off and then you tap on the images you want to load. It's a godsend for situations like these.

50 posts per page is more fun and you know it.

Anion

This time it's completely my fault, I'm sorry for that guys. It's not going to happen again though lol

If I put the pictures in a spoiler, would it still "load" or will it only load when you click them? Anyone know?

Anion

I turned them into links since the spoiler picture thing doesn't work on mobile. Plus I figured anyone who has seen them, has already seen them by now. So the links are still there if anyone wants to revisit it lol

Don't worry about it, they were great pics.
Haha thanks man! Appreciate it. I took them on my iPhone 6S. I think the background lighting in the shots really helped make the pictures look clean

GHG

Gold Member
I turned them into links since the spoiler picture thing doesn't work on mobile. Plus I figured anyone who has seen them, has already seen them by now. So the links are still there if anyone wants to revisit it lol

Haha thanks man! Appreciate it. I took them on my iPhone 6S. I think the background lighting in the shots really helped make the pictures look clean

Oh god. We've already got enough people shilling for Porsche in this thread already as it is. We don't need you to start shilling for Apple as well!

Congrats man!!

Welcome to the club!

Not gonna lie, when I saw the thread at Miata.net, I immediately started writing an email to my sales guy at the dealership. Then I remembered that the RF is still coming at the end of the year and that prevented me from hitting the send button haha.

It's amazing what the modding community has done though. In a span of about a year, they've managed to do some crazy things with the ND. Whereas with the 10 year old NC, a full exhaust upgrade won't net you these kind of gains and you're basically needing to either go FI or swap the 2.0L engine with the 2.5L engine to get some crazy gains in HP and torque.

That said I'm super excited though. If a new rotary doesn't come out within the next 3 years, I'll definitely be swapping my NC for an ND.

From what I had seen from a lot of the Japanese companies, they are behind producing performance parts. I was speaking to a Trust (Greddy) rep, and they already had a turbo kit fitted during TAS (that was Feb). They are currently testing and tuning it.

Also, I've noticed that there's always new ND content in various Japanese Car magazines (Option, Rev Speed, CAR, etc).

I won't lie... I REALLY liked what I had seen in person earlier this year.

Smokey

You guys know you can disable images in mobile right. And if you want to look at one you just click the view image button.

Y'all really been browsing mobile with images enabled lol

AlphaSnake

You guys know you can disable images in mobile right. And if you want to look at one you just click the view image button.

Y'all really been browsing mobile with images enabled lol

Even on a PC it was still annoying. I normally resize pics to a 1280 res or something like that.

Top Bottom