• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

Evo X

Got the chance to have a go in a Porsche 718, and Jaguar F-Pace and XE for the first time yesterday. Anyone care for impressions?

Evo X

718 please! Was it the S trim?

No, just base, but it still gave me some interesting insights.

Styling wise, I think it looks a lot better in person. The one I drove was Guard's Red. It already had the blacked out headlights and tails like the 981 GTS, along with wider side air intakes, so think it would look great with some black wheels as well.

Let's just get one thing out of the way. No, the motor and exhaust don't sound as good as the old flat sixes, but they also don't sound bad. It makes some fun turbo spooling and blowoff noises, and the exhaust has some good volume for being a standard exhaust on the base car. I am sure the Sports Exhaust option on the S will up the noise and drama to acceptable levels for most.

Now onto the actual car. Steering, brakes, and handling are still class leading. Everything feels sharper and more taut than the previous generation. Turn in is great and you can mash the throttle on corner exit without losing composure. It feels like a grown up Miata. Nothing to complain about on that front.

The engine is obviously the biggest change, but I think it's a change for the better for most. The new Boxster is a much better street car for the average buyer and a noticeable performance improvement over the outgoing model. This car lives for the mid range. It was happiest between 3-5K RPMs, where it made MUCH more torque than the 981. There wasn't really much benefit to revving it out to redline, something that you pretty much had to do with the old car to get moving. The additional torque meant you could overtake or get up to speed much quicker without putting as much strain on the engine.

Sure, some pure enthusiasts might miss the instant throttle response and linear power band of the N/A motors, but my guess is they aren't shopping for base Boxsters in the first place. Even though the price has increased a bit, I still think it's a fantastic value. None of it's competitors drive as well and offer such a complete package. If you can get over the motor situation, I think a 718 Cayman with a 6spd manual is going to be the best sports car available in that segment.

I still want to drive an S though as I think it will be a beast. Hopefully, I can get a chance soon.

Sure! I'm actually curious about all three, but mostly the F-Pace oddly enough.

F-Pace exceeded my expectations in a lot of ways. My two points of comparison were the 2016 X5 35i I've personally been driving and the Macan GTS my friend is thinking about picking up.

I drove the middle of the road model, the 35T Prestige. This has the 340HP supercharged V6, instead of the 380HP motor and adaptive suspension of the S.

Looks and sound wise, it is fantastic. At the moment, it is rare and has some nice road presence. This one was triple black. Black paint, interior, and wheels. Looked sinister.

It felt quicker than the X5, but not as quick as the Porsche. Transmission is the ubiquitous ZF 8 speed, so it is great, but not as good as the best dual clutches.

Two points of contention were initial brake feel and mid corner stability. The brakes worked fine when you dug into them, but I think were inferior to Porsche and BMW in terms of bite and stability. It also seemed to lean and under steer a bit through tight bends. I am hoping both of those would be improved on the S. Keep in mind that this Jag was specced at $51K, whereas my X5 was $70K and the Macan GTS was $85K, so it's not really a fair straight comparison. I think it makes a great value proposition when that is taken into account. A nicely specced S can be had in the mid 60s.

In terms of size, it was bigger than the Macan both in terms of rear seating and storage. Not quite as much as the X5, but close.

The materials you interacted with felt good, and the new infotainment is a big step up from the old units. Some of the plastics were not as great, but again, they had to cut costs somewhere and it's not a big deal unless you are a critical person like me.

Overall, I think it's a great addition to the segment and shits all over the Range Rover Evoque.

read this as a Porsche 918

LOL, I wish.

burgerdog

No, just base, but it still gave me some interesting insights.

Styling wise, I think it looks a lot better in person. The one I drove was Guard's Red. It already had the blacked out headlights and tails like the 981 GTS, along with wider side air intakes, so think it would look great with some black wheels as well.

Let's just get one thing out of the way. No, the motor and exhaust don't sound as good as the old flat sixes, but they also don't sound bad. It makes some fun turbo spooling and blowoff noises, and the exhaust has some good volume for being a standard exhaust on the base car. I am sure the Sports Exhaust option on the S will up the noise and drama to acceptable levels for most.

Now onto the actual car. Steering, brakes, and handling are still class leading. Everything feels sharper and more taut than the previous generation. Turn in is great and you can mash the throttle on corner exit without losing composure. It feels like a grown up Miata. Nothing to complain about on that front.

The engine is obviously the biggest change, but I think it's a change for the better for most. The new Boxster is a much better street car for the average buyer and a noticeable performance improvement over the outgoing model. This car lives for the mid range. It was happiest between 3-5K RPMs, where it made MUCH more torque than the 981. There wasn't really much benefit to revving it out to redline, something that you pretty much had to do with the old car to get moving. The additional torque meant you could overtake or get up to speed much quicker without putting as much strain on the engine.

Sure, some pure enthusiasts might miss the instant throttle response and linear power band of the N/A motors, but my guess is they aren't shopping for base Boxsters in the first place. Even though the price has increased a bit, I still think it's a fantastic value. None of it's competitors drive as well and offer such a complete package. If you can get over the motor situation, I think a 718 Cayman with a 6spd manual is going to be the best sports car available in that segment.

I still want to drive an S though as I think it will be a beast. Hopefully, I can get a chance soon.

LOL, I wish.

Your review is pretty much spot on with what I've read about the 718. Other than the engine/exhaust/throttle response everybody seems to agree that overall the 718 is an improvement over the older generation. You didn't touch on the interior which I think is a massive improvement over the older generation. It's also encouraging to hear that the exhaust doesn't sound bad, that's all I needed to hear and like you said it's not even the S spec with SE.

Dang, just when I think the 981 S is a lock you come in with that glowing review of the 718. It's all good, though, thanks for that. I'm going to take my time with this purchase. I was a bit too hasty with my S5, I should've waited a few more months and gotten an RS5. Lesson learned so I'm going to super patient when it comes to the Cayman.

Evo X

Your review is pretty much spot on with what I've read about the 718. Other than the engine/exhaust/throttle response everybody seems to agree that overall the 718 is an improvement over the older generation. You didn't touch on the interior which I think is a massive improvement over the older generation. It's also encouraging to hear that the exhaust doesn't sound bad, that's all I needed to hear and like you said it's not even the S spec with SE.

Dang, just when I think the 981 S is a lock you come in with that glowing review of the 718. It's all good, though, thanks for that. I'm going to take my time with this purchase. I was a bit too hasty with my S5, I should've waited a few more months and gotten an RS5. Lesson learned so I'm going to super patient when it comes to the Cayman.

I don't see the interior as being a massive improvement. Not sure what you are referring to exactly. The 2017 infotainment with Apple Car Play is obviously superior, but that's the biggest change. It's also using a larger diameter version of my GT4 steering wheel, along with some different air vents, but that's about all I noticed. Materials and layout is identical to 981 otherise.

Anyway, if you are in the market for a sports car right now, wait.

If you can get over the the engine, the 718 Cayman S will provide preformance close to my GT4 for a lot less money.

It's using GT4 rear suspension geometry, Carrera brakes, and 991 Turbo steering rack. Its clearly going to be a fantastic driving experience. Up to you to decide how to weigh that against the noise and "soul" of the 981 flat 6.

They already have an overloaded cast with plenty of talent. They should keep LeBlanc, move Reid and Harris to the main show and get rid of Jordan. I'm not sure what they should do with Sabine though.

Yeah, their first mistake was 6 fucking hosts, which also answers the question of what to do with Sabine (and Jordan). Her English isn't good enough anyway.

LeBlanc, Reid and Harris will do absolutely fine if they're given the chance to bond a little over some specials.

It's using GT4 rear suspension geometry, Carrera brakes, and 991 Turbo steering rack. Its clearly going to be a fantastic driving experience. Up to you to decide how to weigh that against the noise and "soul" of the 981 flat 6.

I'm glad that my modest 986S has been given a little more 'specialness' due to it now being one of the 'old ones' with a flat 6. But to tell you the truth, it could do with some more torque :p. So yeah, I wouldn't fault anyone for going with one of the new 718 models.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
F-Pace exceeded my expectations in a lot of ways. My two points of comparison were the 2016 X5 35i I've personally been driving and the Macan GTS my friend is thinking about picking up.

I drove the middle of the road model, the 35T Prestige. This has the 340HP supercharged V6, instead of the 380HP motor and adaptive suspension of the S.

Looks and sound wise, it is fantastic. At the moment, it is rare and has some nice road presence. This one was triple black. Black paint, interior, and wheels. Looked sinister.

It felt quicker than the X5, but not as quick as the Porsche. Transmission is the ubiquitous ZF 8 speed, so it is great, but not as good as the best dual clutches.

Two points of contention were initial brake feel and mid corner stability. The brakes worked fine when you dug into them, but I think were inferior to Porsche and BMW in terms of bite and stability. It also seemed to lean and under steer a bit through tight bends. I am hoping both of those would be improved on the S. Keep in mind that this Jag was specced at $51K, whereas my X5 was $70K and the Macan GTS was $85K, so it's not really a fair straight comparison. I think it makes a great value proposition when that is taken into account. A nicely specced S can be had in the mid 60s.

In terms of size, it was bigger than the Macan both in terms of rear seating and storage. Not quite as much as the X5, but close.

The materials you interacted with felt good, and the new infotainment is a big step up from the old units. Some of the plastics were not as great, but again, they had to cut costs somewhere and it's not a big deal unless you are a critical person like me.

Overall, I think it's a great addition to the segment and shits all over the Range Rover Evoque.

$51K? Are you sure it was Platinum and not Premium? It sounds like you drove the base car with all-seasons on it. Most Macans are spec'd with summer tires (well, at least in the south and press cars they are), so it's hard to compare the two. Either way, the brake feel definitely takes some time to get used to. It's not as snappy as my XKR, but that's also because it's an F-Pace (basically my XF in SUV form). But after about 500-600 miles, once the tires, the brakes, and everything else starts to settle in, the car begins to feel much better. Still, it not being a Sport model obviously changes the dynamics quite a bit, especially with the tire compound not being aggressive.

Also, a lot of the cars have been supplied and slapped with the wrong tire psi specs (my XF was one of them) and cars are being inflated to 40-44PSI by dealers. When I first bought my car it felt like it was floating at speeds and had no grip. I looked at the psi and it read 44. I looked at the tire specs on Tire Rack and it said 34 recommended, 48 max. LOL. I think the same is happening with some shipments of the F-Pace too.

This isn't the first time this happened too, last year a bunch of XJs and some Ranges were shipped with the wrong tire sticker on the doors and JLR had to issue a recall. Someone is definitely drunk over at Coventry and printing these labels.

AlphaSnake

hahahaha holy shit, I forgot about that

But what does TIL stand for? I hate random abbreviations. I just google'd it, and it seems like it's "Today I learned"?

Which is funny and probably a job I'd love. But hey, I was just breaking the car down for him.

nsxgt3_04_17_.jpg

NSX GT3. Hot.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/stop-what-youre-doing-and-look-new-nsx-gt3-racer#1

Evo X

Holy shit...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-porsche-911-carrera-test-review

That's a pretty much base car with the standard motor. And it's almost as fast as my XKR with 140 less HP.....someone needs to dyno these things. I call BS on them being 370HP. Could be a potential next car for me a few years from now.

I told you this when I had one for the weekend!

Base 911 is now bonkers fast. On highway runs, it was a dead heat with my friends 550HP supercharged E39 M5 from 50-130mph.

In related Porsche news, my friend recently got the chance to drive an M4, Alfa 4C, 981 GTS, and 718S on the track and said the 718S is HANDS DOWN the best driver's car of the bunch. Bold statement.

So burgerdog, unless you can get your hands on a GT4, it's probably for the best to ignore the 981 platform for now.

J-Rzez

So in a interesting day of events I canceled my 2017 order for a RS... Because I just brought home a 2016! Nitrous Blue, RS2, sunroof, just the way I wanted it. Seems the original buyer couldn't get approved for a loan, they called me up, said no ADM and we'll beat any offer the other dealer gave you on your trade, and after a 2HR drive, 40 mins at the dealership, I'm on my slightly longer drive home to avoid the interstate and turnpike.

From the teasing I did in the car, its feel and sound... I haven't felt this way driving since I first drove my Evo 8 back in the day. Car is legit.

Its also filthy because they removed the plastic and I told them to stop, ill detail it at home. That nitrous blue (dirty at that) in direct sunlight, yikes. So many people while I was at the dealership stopped and gawked at and complimented it.

Matt Farrah is correct, exhaust is too damn quiet. That and winter wheels and tires, floormats, and mudflaps are first on the order list. Unfortunately, there's nothing outside of one exhaust custom made by an owner I like. This week ill be going to a guy that has done great work in the past and see what we can whip up.

I haven't had a smile driving like this in a while. :)

Ill spare the pics until I clean it up.

Malvolio

Congrats on the RS! Love that Ford of all companies are the ones that have sort of pushed hot hatches back into the spotlight. Gauntlet has been thrown down and everyone else just got a wake up call, again.

matmanx1

That is hot! So much better than the "base" NSX.

So in a interesting day of events I canceled my 2017 order for a RS... Because I just brought home a 2016! Nitrous Blue, RS2, sunroof, just the way I wanted it. Seems the original buyer couldn't get approved for a loan, they called me up, said no ADM and we'll beat any offer the other dealer gave you on your trade, and after a 2HR drive, 40 mins at the dealership, I'm on my slightly longer drive home to avoid the interstate and turnpike.

From the teasing I did in the car, its feel and sound... I haven't felt this way driving since I first drove my Evo 8 back in the day. Car is legit.

Its also filthy because they removed the plastic and I told them to stop, ill detail it at home. That nitrous blue (dirty at that) in direct sunlight, yikes. So many people while I was at the dealership stopped and gawked at and complimented it.

Matt Farrah is correct, exhaust is too damn quiet. That and winter wheels and tires, floormats, and mudflaps are first on the order list. Unfortunately, there's nothing outside of one exhaust custom made by an owner I like. This week ill be going to a guy that has done great work in the past and see what we can whip up.

Oooooh! Congrats! Awesome car. I have yet to see one in person but they sure seem to be fantastic by all accounts. Pics when you get it detailed, please.

matmanx1

Holy shit...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-porsche-911-carrera-test-review

That's a pretty much base car with the standard motor. And it's almost as fast as my XKR with 140 less HP.....someone needs to dyno these things. I call BS on them being 370HP. Could be a potential next car for me a few years from now.

Good grief! Base 911 is now completely bonkers, confirmed. The one in the car and driver review looks the proper business too, doesn't it? Amazing times we live in, folks.

Congratulations! Glad you got it for no ADM - have a feeling we'll be seeing more unclaimed reservations as people realize their eyes are bigger than their wallets :)

Do y'all go to car shows/meets by yourselves?

Cupcake Meet(JDM meet + drift show) is going on 30 minutes away from me. I kinda wanna go to check out the cars and snap some pics but it's the stance JDM crowd, it's gonna be fncking hot, my car is dirty as fnck, and it's $15 bucks to get in.

None of my Miata buddies are going since they're too busy doing autocross or prepping for one next week. And again it's the stance crowd so they're don't necessarily align with those guys lol.

Congrats man!!

Do you also agree with Matt about the car being more "luxurious" than to be expected? That to me is a selling point now since I'm getting tired of the back-breaking suspension of my Miata lol.

matmanx1

Cupcake Meet(JDM meet + drift show) is going on 30 minutes away from me. I kinda wanna go to check out the cars and snap some pics but it's the stance JDM crowd, it's gonna be fncking hot, my car is dirty as fnck, and it's $15 bucks to get in.

None of my Miata buddies are going since they're too busy doing autocross or prepping for one next week. And again it's the stance crowd so they're don't necessarily align with those guys lol.

Congrats man!!

Do you also agree with Matt about the car being more "luxurious" than to be expected? That to me is a selling point now since I'm getting tired of the back-breaking suspension of my Miata lol.

You find your Miata to be back-breaking? That's not really aligned with what I think about it, but tires definitely make a difference, as I am finding out. What tires are you running?

I think the Miata is "active" as in it moves around a lot in response to the road surface, but I actually think mine does a pretty good job with bumps and potholes as long as you aren't flying over them at silly speeds. It's been a couple of years now, but I'm pretty sure my 987 Boxster was a good bit stiffer in stock form.

As I mentioned a page or so back, I ordered new tires and yesterday afternoon I got them installed. Right away, there is a big difference in ride comfort and road noise versus the old tires. I went from 205/45/17's to 215/45/17's and that gave me a little bit more sidewall height and a little bit more rubber on the road. The MX-5 now feels more smooth and more planted than before.

The initial turn in "bite" is also much, much better, so much so that it took me my entire 30 minute trip home yesterday to get used to it. New tires are BfGoodrich gForce Comp 2 A/S and I am liking them already.

You find your Miata to be back-breaking? That's not really aligned with what I think about it, but tires definitely make a difference, as I am finding out. What tires are you running?

I think the Miata is "active" as in it moves around a lot in response to the road surface, but I actually think mine does a pretty good job with bumps and potholes as long as you aren't flying over them at silly speeds. It's been a couple of years now, but I'm pretty sure my 987 Boxster was a good bit stiffer in stock form.

As I mentioned a page or so back, I ordered new tires and yesterday afternoon I got them installed. Right away, there is a big difference in ride comfort and road noise versus the old tires. I went from 205/45/17's to 215/45/17's and that gave me a little bit more sidewall height and a little bit more rubber on the road. The MX-5 now feels more smooth and more planted than before.

The initial turn in "bite" is also much, much better, so much so that it took me my entire 30 minute trip home yesterday to get used to it. New tires are BfGoodrich gForce Comp 2 A/S and I am liking them already.

It's my suspension, almost worn tires and the shitty roads around here.

I'm running Eibach Pro-Kit springs with my Koni shocks and that combo is the one that'll give you the lowest ride height out of all spring+shock combos, except for coilovers, and even on 100% soft settings on the shock, it'll pick up a lot of the standard sized bumps.

As for my tires, like I said they're basically almost out and I've been wanting to change them for a while now. But they're summer tires and it's summer(therefore 100 degree days everyday) so while the sidewall has definitely decreased, the grip is still there thanks to the heat.

Besides tires, I'm also looking at springs that better complement my shocks. But at the same time, I'm also hesitant to do so coz it costs money that I could just save up to buy proper coilovers instead so I dunno lol.

boltz

Congrats, looks like you got a great deal on the car. If you haven't already, make sure it has the timing chain and fuel pump relay issues taken care of as well as having all standard maintenance up to date. Enjoy!

Thanks! Wasn't aware of those issues, but I will be picking up a new relay since my Evo has the original black one. And what can I do about the timing chain? Is there a TSB or recall for it? Or just inspect it myself to see if it is stretched?

No. EVERYONE buys a white Evo X. It is the most common, boring color. Try blue, red, or gray. It's actually a known joke in the Evo community.

Was just at my local Mitsubishi dealer and they had a row of 6 white Final Edition Evos for sale :) Blue and Red Evos look great, but a little too attention-getting for my tastes.

Congrats! Besides the exhaust do you plan on keeping it stock?

burgerdog

I told you this when I had one for the weekend!

Base 911 is now bonkers fast. On highway runs, it was a dead heat with my friends 550HP supercharged E39 M5 from 50-130mph.

In related Porsche news, my friend recently got the chance to drive an M4, Alfa 4C, 981 GTS, and 718S on the track and said the 718S is HANDS DOWN the best driver's car of the bunch. Bold statement.

So burgerdog, unless you can get your hands on a GT4, it's probably for the best to ignore the 981 platform for now.

:lol Sure, if you sell me yours for the price of a 718S! I know you want to do it!

ascii42

But what does TIL stand for? I hate random abbreviations. I just google'd it, and it seems like it's "Today I learned"?

Which is funny and probably a job I'd love. But hey, I was just breaking the car down for him.

TIL is a fairly popular subreddit, where someone learns that Steve Buscemi was a firefighter during 9/11 seemingly every day.

Xdye7

Thanks! Wasn't aware of those issues, but I will be picking up a new relay since my Evo has the original black one. And what can I do about the timing chain? Is there a TSB or recall for it? Or just inspect it myself to see if it is stretched?

To be honest I'm not sure how exactly to go about getting the timing chain issue solved, off the top of my head. A quick search on google/forums should give you an answer, or ask someone like RRE. Did the car come with any service records? It's possible it could have been done already however if the car still really is on the original fuel pump relay I doubt it. There's a new black relay in addition to the other colours, you'll want to see which one you have by checking the serial number.

Evo X

Fun day!

Hung out with a new friend of mine. Went to go test a 488 Spider that a customer had decided not to pick up because he went with an F12 instead. Friend wants to trade his Huracan in for it, but not sure since they want a sizeable markup. Certainly an amazing car though, even if it doesn't really feel much different to a 458 from the driver's seat. More torque, but lower redline. Can't rev higher than 7500RPMs in the first 4 gears. 458 revved to 9K. Steering was a little heavier. Transmission was smoother. The turbos did not dull the sound. It is still beastly. There is a 2 year wait on a custom ordered one at MSRP, so the markup is just the price to skip the line. Also saw the first McLaren 675LT being delivered to a guy that owns THREE P1s. Forgot to snap pics of it, but it was a nice dark red on black spec.

zCPrYXG.jpg

Xc5W8oy.jpg

We went to a car detail shop afterwards to get the cars cleaned for an event tomorrow. Spotted them working on a sick 675LT and another GT4 that was almost identical to mine. My car looks so tall next to his. lol

ZdFXoUU.jpg

YqvM6VZ.jpg

Oh yeah, we also stopped by Porsche to look at the new Turbo S. They didn't have any, but we did get to beat the shit out of 718S. We took it out alone for about 40 mins. It was fast as hell. Had really good traction in the twisties and rocketed out at the exit thanks to all the extra torque.

Tested out launch control with all the driving aids turned off and did a pretty long burnout. Couldn't believe this was a Boxster. It's a serious performance car.

Why does it cost soooooo damn much to ship aero from Japan :( I'm still trying to stomach this quote I have for this kit I'm looking to purchase next month. I won't even get into the cost of the hood :(

I'm awesome and have a new RS

Congrats on the pickup my man!

I've gone by myself a bunch of time. Sometimes, people I know end up going. Other times I don't mine poking about the parking lot myself. It's all good with me.

J-Rzez

Thanks guys! Will definitely post up some pics later in the week when I get it all cleaned up and find a nice place to take some pics.

Congrats man!!

Well, it sounds like you have a slammed miata, so yes, I think it would be more comfortable to drive, but if it were stock, probably not. I mean, its not jarring, its solid. Its better damped than my Evo was, but my WRX was a touch softer. But put it into Sport/Track with it cranked up and you will feel everything in the road through the car, but not through the seats if that makes sense, nest way to describe it. Put in standard and it is fine. I suffer from herniated discs and spinal stenosis, and I was fine with the 2.5hr drive home. Seats are pretty fantastic. Hold you in place, don't transmit vibration, and kept my spine straight which I think was a big plus for me. I don't know Matt's standard for luxury, but I wouldn't call it that, just rode better than expected out of the stiff setting.

Interior, well, its a focus interior so it is made from 8 different plastics depending where you touch. Wheel feels great, love the seats. The heaters in them work FAST, just like on the wheel. Climate control is pretty impressive too. So its not luxurious, but rather has a lot of great pieces that make it feel better than expected.

Congrats! Besides the exhaust do you plan on keeping it stock?

I always say I won't do anything much, and then it just spirals out of control. I don't think ill need much though, intake, turboback, and a tune and I think ill be satisfied. Ill instead get a good set of Volks, BBS, or wedsports or something and leave it at that. Maybe a shift knob, and maybe shifter kit. But, we'll see lol.

The car just feels great, like really a complete package. Its a feel you don't get in many sporty cars sub 50k, hell, maybe more, and especially feels better than anything with a blue oval on it.

I gives me "the fizz." So happy with it. Its been a while since I had this feeling with a car.

So for some peasant auto gaf content, I bought another car the other day. Its a 1998 volvo S70 turbo with a manual transmission, so not very common. My friend originally bought the car non running and he was going to fix it and flip it. I told him I was looking for a car, so he put more work into and and now its mine. I has a newer engine in it with all the service on it done, as well as a bunch of other stuff.

There are a couple things I need to do though. The tires are a bit dry rotted, so I'll have to replace them soon, but they should last the rest of the year though. Also it needs a new A/C controller, as the A/C is always on. But since I live in Phoenix, that wont be a problem until October.

Its also the newest car I've owned so far, as the last newest car I had was my 1991 mr2. Luckily I sold my mercedes, so I was able to use the money I got for that car towards this one. I'm still at 6 cars though, and only 3 drivable ones. The next one to get sold will be the maxima, but I have to fix it first.

pic
DSCN2540.jpg

KrisB

Why does it cost soooooo damn much to ship aero from Japan :( I'm still trying to stomach this quote I have for this kit I'm looking to purchase next month. I won't even get into the cost of the hood :(

Yeah it's a pain. :(

I bought another Japanese car today, little bit different from my S14 I used to have.

ssuolIj.jpg

4.5L V8 Nissan Cima
Landed in Australia a couple weeks ago. It's unbelievably smooth to drive and so comfortable.

No Love

Banned

I bought another Japanese car today, little bit different from my S14 I used to have.

ssuolIj.jpg

4.5L V8 Nissan Cima
Landed in Australia a couple weeks ago. It's unbelievably smooth to drive and so comfortable.

Never seen one of those before, looks awesome! A big V8 in a comfortable sedan is always a great combination.

KrisB

Never seen one of those before, looks awesome! A big V8 in a comfortable sedan is always a great combination.

Yeah they are fairly rare. After getting way too much attention from the cops in my S14, I wanted something that is fun but the police will have no idea what it is. Should be able to fly under the radar nicely :D

AlphaSnake

Yes, you have. It's an Infiniti Q45.

It was the pre-cursor to my old Infiniti M56, which is also a Nissan Cima in Japan.

So for some peasant auto gaf content, I bought another car the other day. Its a 1998 volvo S70 turbo with a manual transmission, so not very common.

These can be turbo box monsters. I remember my cousin in the UK took me for a spin in his "tuned" (full bolt-ons, larger intercooler, turbo upgrade and tune) and I was pinned to the seat when he got on it...

You did good my man!

I always say I won't do anything much, and then it just spirals out of control. I don't think ill need much though, intake, turboback, and a tune and I think ill be satisfied. Ill instead get a good set of Volks, BBS, or wedsports or something and leave it at that. Maybe a shift knob, and maybe shifter kit. But, we'll see lol.

You know what to do ;)

ssuolIj.jpg

4.5L V8 Nissan Cima

I'm glad someone else feels my pain.

Congrats on the new pickup by the way!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
white evos are the best looking period. of course, i dont live in an urban area, evos in general are extremely rare, so i cant imagine a color on them being played out. i suppose its like the wrx/sti in rally blue though. still, if you buy a subie not in rally blue you are doing it wrong. :p

awesome! would love to hear more about your impressions and experiences, and of course, pics

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
So, three weeks ago I thought I was going to sign for a new Challenger.

Then when the dealership stuff went sour, my Jeep wouldn't start. Thankfully, I replaced the battery and cleaned the connections, and it's been starting up great, since.

This past week, my wife's AC went out on her Fusion. I can't seem to figure it out. Some Google-Fu says it's a $17 sensor that requires five or six hours of labor. Yes, a novice can apparently do it, but I have a weak selection of tools, no truck in case things go south, am not sure if that's really the problem, and have limited patience. So I think we'll be taking it to a shop run by a friend this week. Still will likely be at least a few hundred bucks.

So I went to grab lunch in my Jeep, and the check engine light came up. It might be nothing, but fucking come on...

No Love

Banned
Yeah they are fairly rare. After getting way too much attention from the cops in my S14, I wanted something that is fun but the police will have no idea what it is. Should be able to fly under the radar nicely :D

Yes, you have. It's an Infiniti Q45.

It was the pre-cursor to my old Infiniti M56, which is also a Nissan Cima in Japan.

Ah gotcha. I much prefer this old M45 over any other Infiniti.

30976840002_large.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2003-2004 M45. The design is so unique and interesting, one of Nissan's best ever. Criminally underrated car.

Top Bottom