• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Thanks again for the compliments. The exhaust of course i'm taking in all advice, contacted AMS to see if they can give me a window.

Love that Porsche. Wow.

So here's Livernois tune of a RS. No mods, no additional boost (so they said, within 2% parameters), stock (no bolt ons at all):
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e211/LME2014/Focus RS Stage 2 93_zpsbjmqikfo.png

Their next debate is to play with the boost up high to get that HP up there. Guess I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Also got my Rally Armor flaps and some Aeris floormats since the stock ones kinda suck. And I just love the flaps, save me against some spray and chips for sure in the past. Got some more Wolfgang stuff as well as 303 for the interior. Also, of course, Chem Guys Stripper Scent for when the new car smell wears off, and to spray down the RDX since it's got a little odor to it.

those numbers! that torque! i gotta drive one of these. also, post pics once youve installed the mud flaps :)

Evo X

Well knowing you posted this...what's not to believe? This isn't the first time that races and numbers have shown these exact results. Hahaha.

And why are we even comparing the two? The Turbo S has more advertised power, more actual power, a lot less weight and also costs $100,000 more than the F-Type. The two cars aren't even in the same realm. And the cost difference separates them by two car realms, which reflects in the race.

For what the Turbo S costs, I'd rather get the GT3 and save the coin.

What's surprising is the 911 put literal bus lengths on the Jag and ran a 10 second quarter mile on street tires. I haven't driven the Turbo S, but the F-Type R I drove was already fast as fuck.

And I'm not comparing the two, EVO is. I am well aware they are not in the same realm, but its still funny to see a legitimately fast 550HP supercharged V8 beast get walked like it's standing still. The 911 only has 30 more HP and 14 more torque, but it's crazy efficient in the way it puts the power down.

Also, having driven all the new GT cars now, you don't want a GT3. The GT4 is more fun because of the lighter weight, better balance, and 6 speed manual, and the RS is more bonkers and exciting in every way. The standard GT3 is stuck in a weird place in the middle. Of course, it's still a fantastic car, but just my 2c.

Wow, sometimes I wonder what it must be like to live in Evo X's world where amazing automotive specimens are a daily occurrence! You live an amazing life (from a car guy's perspective, anyway) my friend. Keep on sharing the good stuff!

lol, I'll try. Sometimes I wonder how I find myself in these situations. I really should have a YouTube channel or Instagram.

J-Rzez

those numbers! that torque! i gotta drive one of these. also, post pics once youve installed the mud flaps :)

Will do. I went with Rally Armor Black/Red to break up the sea of blue on the car. Plus, they're going to fit in with the grand scheme of things the way i plan to do the car.

I'm suspecting that this thing is artificially bottled up heavily. It's said the RS500 that people spotted running around went with added lightness. I think it's going to get a power bump as well in the form of a non-bottled up tune from Ford. Guess we'll find out.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
What's surprising is the 911 put literal bus lengths on the Jag and ran a 10 second quarter mile on street tires. I haven't driven the Turbo S, but the F-Type R I drove was already fast as fuck.

And I'm not comparing the two, EVO is. I am well aware they are not in the same realm, but its still funny to see a legitimately fast 550HP supercharged V8 beast get walked like it's standing still. The 911 only has 30 more HP and 14 more torque, but it's crazy efficient in the way it puts the power down.

Also, having driven all the new GT cars now, you don't want a GT3. The GT4 is more fun because of the lighter weight, better balance, and 6 speed manual, and the RS is more bonkers and exciting in every way. The standard GT3 is stuck in a weird place in the middle. Of course, it's still a fantastic car, but just my 2c.

That was a general 'we', not you. EVO isn't the first with that comparison. I think enthusiasts and the automotive press knows VERY well that the 911 Turbo S makes a lot more than the claimed power. And the numbers reflect that.

But the 991 GT3 only comes in RS form. There is no other variant of the car. So I'm not sure what you mean.

Edit: Oh, you meant the first 991 GT3s? I think they stopped making those. They're not even on Porsche's site anymore. Though for the huge price difference, I'd get one of those too!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
As a native Russian speaker, I love this channel so MUCH. And this episode of Stop a Douchebag may have been one of the best, simply because of the last douche they encountered driving a Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe...just look at what this guy does and what the consequence is.

Linky?

tbm24

I had a 15 WRX and I had that issue early on. I had them reflash the car because the ignition at times wouldn't turn over, or would turn too long to start, and ever since then I haven't had an issue though I'd suspect something unrelated more so.

Have you taken it in for the recalls on the flash?
I have not yet, however I do have an appointment for service with Subaru in about a week. Im glad someone else has seen what I see because googling has come up short for me. Will see what they say but I'm hoping the flash squares up the issue like it did on yours.

Anion

I'm pretty sure I have a nail stuck in my tire...last Saturday I drove and noticed the Pressure sensor indicate the pressure was 27 and it should be 34-36. So every 2 days I go and keep filling it up. It drops like 1-2 psi every day or two.

And these tires almost have 3,800 miles on them...

Jackson

I'm pretty sure I have a nail stuck in my tire...last Saturday I drove and noticed the Pressure sensor indicate the pressure was 27 and it should be 34-36. So every 2 days I go and keep filling it up. It drops like 1-2 psi every day or two.

Just plug it. As long as its not in the sidewall and in the tread you'll be fine. I've gotten so many nails in my tires over the years its not funny.

Went for a drive yesterday. Was Epic.
bGg6TE3.jpg

pkO03DN.jpg

F-Type R AWD drag races 991.2 Turbo S. You won't believe the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FZeEnoWk9g

A $200,000 car beats a $100,000 car in a drag race? This isn't surprising. :)

AlphaSnake

Just plug it. As long as its not in the sidewall and in the tread you'll be fine. I've gotten so many nails in my tires over the years its not funny.

Yep. Plug outside and patch inside. Virtually 100% fail-proof.

If there is no nail, then have the rim inspected for bends.

Jackson

Damn, I can't believe there's that much snow still left on Baker. Much better than last year!

Amazing pic.

Ya lots of Snow but the road was clean and clear and pretty warm for attacking the twisties. Though, to be honest, toward the top I wasn't doing much attacking because if I fell off that lip we're talking like a 200+ meter drop or more easily lol.

No Love

Banned

bGg6TE3.jpg

pkO03DN.jpg

Same shit happened to me. Tire went from fine to almost flat over a few miles on my M5, haven't taken the tire off yet but I hope I can patch it. So annoying, whatever it was caused a very fast leak.

Zomg at that first pic. Fucking incredible view.

Jackson

I just wanted to post some click bait bullshit to get Alpha to watch the vid. lol

Sweet pic tho. I still need to make my way out to the PNW one of these days.

Ya it's a fun place! So Cal has nice roads too. I want to try Angel Crest Highway so badly.

What'd your friend pay for his GT3RS btw? I'd consider $235,000 (asking price, not out the door price) "good" in the current market. Below that is great, above that is meh, way above that is lulz.

Evo X

Ya it's a fun place! So Cal has nice roads too. I want to try Angel Crest Highway so badly.

What'd your friend pay for his GT3RS btw? I'd consider $235,000 (asking price, not out the door price) "good" in the current market. Below that is great, above that is meh, way above that is lulz.

Angeles Crest is amazing. Great roads and views. It's usually deserted during the weekdays too.

Dealership had the RS listed for $277K. He didn't know much about the market, so they tried to sell it to him for $250K. I negotiated it down to $232K, which is why he was so damn happy and thankful. It is fantastically specced. White on black with 918 buckets, carbon interior, white gauges, and PCCBs. No taxes because of the trade in credit too, so just had to pay some registration and doc fees. Insurance is $1,200 a year less than the Lambo too, which is a plus. Really excited to wring it out at the track. It's a completely different experience than the GT4. One could make the case to have both in the garage if it's affordable.

Anion

Yep. Plug outside and patch inside. Virtually 100% fail-proof.

If there is no nail, then have the rim inspected for bends.

Same shit happened to me. Tire went from fine to almost flat over a few miles on my M5, haven't taken the tire off yet but I hope I can patch it. So annoying, whatever it was caused a very fast leak.
Im hoping the dealer can patch it lol. I have my first service in 13 days...so I guess Ill keep an eye on it.

I really hope it is not the rims...rims are stock AMG Benz rims and I'm not ready to shell more for fixing them so soon

bGg6TE3.jpg

pkO03DN.jpg

Hollyyyyyyy my gosh. Lucky man

AlphaSnake

bGg6TE3.jpg

BS pic. Not real time. Looks like Neo hardware to me.

AlphaSnake

Im hoping the dealer can patch it lol. I have my first service in 13 days...so I guess Ill keep an eye on it.

I really hope it is not the rims...rims are stock AMG Benz rims and I'm not ready to shell more for fixing them so soon

You can always check the bad tire if it has a nail, it'll be really obvious and you'll see the nail head against the tire. Take your phone's flashlight or any flashlight and run it around the tire and wheel well. Then roll the car forward a little bit so that the part that was touching the ground can be viewed as well.

Jackson

I dunno about Benz but Porsche dealer told me that Porsche will not let the dealer patch/plug a tire as it "compromises" the tire, so you must buy a new tire. I had only 1,000 miles on that current tire, no way I'm shelling out $400 again for it so soon... especially when I know for a fact plugging it will work fine.

I went to Discount Tire, they plugged it for free. Drove on a mountain with that tire. Will drive on the track in a few weeks with that tire. It'll be fine.

Most tire shops will do it for free. And if they don't, you're talking like $30 max.

What does AutoGaf think of brown upholstery? I like it because it makes the inside of the car feel like a Victorian office and justifies a driving monocle, and hides certain types of fluff and crumbs, but the only thing holding me back is resale desirability. Here's what I'm looking at specifically.

zfpGhQD.jpg

Depends on the color of the car,

If it's white, silver, or grey I would get brown.

If it's black or blue I would get grey.

80-img_3263_1caeff262aa946f1dcd5b4f3fd20f05c69e37e88.jpg

80-image_134928259de83dfcecb00b49c20defb0afc0db23.jpeg

Carfection released their review of the 718 Cayman S and it is spot on from my experience. Amazing update in a lot of ways, but that noise really kills it. I told burgerdog to look for a used 981 GTS instead. Let's see what he decides to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH_T1ZxnuTI

Every review of the new Porsche's mention the noise. Do you think it's something going aftermarket could solve or it's just always going to be shit due to the turbo four config?

GHG

Every review of the new Porsche's mention the noise. Do you think it's something going aftermarket could solve or it's just always going to be shit due to the turbo four config?

The Turbo 4 will always make it difficult unfortunately. The sports exhaust on the AMG 45 lineup is about as good as its going to get for turbo 4 engines IMO.

Speaking of exhaust notes... You guys need to check out this latest video from Mr JWW on the Novitec F12:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NMHAVqK_eDQ

Ridiculous noise coming out of that thing and he does a great job in showcasing it.

Stinkles

Carfection released their review of the 718 Cayman S and it is spot on from my experience. Amazing update in a lot of ways, but that noise really kills it. I told burgerdog to look for a used 981 GTS instead. Let's see what he decides to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH_T1ZxnuTI

OK, my gears have finally been ground to a halt on this.

I understand, but can't really empathize with exhaust nazis.

To me, the fact that a flat four turbo can output that amount of horsepower is the impressive thing, and the "honest" sound of that is important (obviously not talking about this exact car). Changing exhaust purely for sonic aesthetics seems like a lie of sorts. If a car makes a farty little toot toot when revved, but then rockets to 60 in four seconds, that in itself is a joy to me.

But then I like stealth rockets.

Anion

Thanks guys. If autogaf was a family, I feel like I'm the edgy teenager in the family who is always getting his ass saved by the uncles Lol

You can always check the bad tire if it has a nail, it'll be really obvious and you'll see the nail head against the tire. Take your phone's flashlight or any flashlight and run it around the tire and wheel well. Then roll the car forward a little bit so that the part that was touching the ground can be viewed as well.
I tried that, just that my wheel well is a bit too narrow for me to look carefully haha. Later tonight I'm going try again

I dunno about Benz but Porsche dealer told me that Porsche will not let the dealer patch/plug a tire as it "compromises" the tire, so you must buy a new tire. I had only 1,000 miles on that current tire, no way I'm shelling out $400 again for it so soon... especially when I know for a fact plugging it will work fine.

I went to Discount Tire, they plugged it for free. Drove on a mountain with that tire. Will drive on the track in a few weeks with that tire. It'll be fine.

Most tire shops will do it for free. And if they don't, you're talking like $30 max.
Ah dang, I hope Mercedes doesn't say that but I have heard that before somewhere else. Maybe in this thread lol
I really had no idea tire patching was that good! Do you change your tires earlier if you patched it just in case or is it really that reliable?

Stinkles

My local dealer should deliver a price for me this morning. It will be higher than the one my broker will get next week but the dealer is walking distance from my house which is great for services, loaners, free car washes etc.

And my trade in needs new tabs in a month. If he makes a halfway decent offer it would be tempting to do it now.

Dat itch...

Evo X

The Turbo 4 will always make it difficult unfortunately. The sports exhaust on the AMG 45 lineup is about as good as its going to get for turbo 4 engines IMO.

Speaking of exhaust notes... You guys need to check out this latest video from Mr JWW on the Novitec F12:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NMHAVqK_eDQ

Ridiculous noise coming out of that thing and he does a great job in showcasing it.

Agreed that the AMG 45 is probably the best sounding 4 cylinder in the world.

Saw that F12 video last night too. Holy shit, that Novitech was proper F1 style. Can only imagine how epic that must be in person.

To me, the fact that a flat four turbo can output that amount of horsepower is the impressive thing, and the "honest" sound of that is important (obviously not talking about this exact car). Changing exhaust purely for sonic aesthetics seems like a lie of sorts. If a car makes a farty little toot toot when revved, but then rockets to 60 in four seconds, that in itself is a joy to me.

The problem is the new turbo 4 isn't a stealth rocket. It's really loud, but the noises are just unpleasant. Just sounds like a lot of loud farting. Doesn't befit a nice German sports coupe. And it is extra disappointing because it went from being one of the best sounding cars in the world to something that occasionally sounds OK.

I think journalists judge Porsche so harshly because they love them and have very high expectations. Also because they need something to complain about to not seem biased. Shit like the GT4 long gearing and 718 noise would be non issues in most other cars, but they stick out because the rest of the car is so perfect.

Anyway, it's all personal. For me, engine and exhaust noise is a big factor when it comes to enjoyment. You can't always go all out with face melting performance on the street, but can still row through the gears and savor the rumbles and crackles coming out of the tail pipes at reasonable speeds.

Stinkles

Saw that F12 video last night too. Holy shit, that Novitech was proper F1 style. Can only imagine how epic that must be in person.

The problem is the new turbo 4 isn't a stealth rocket. It's really loud, but the noises are just unpleasant. Just sounds like a lot of loud farting. Doesn't befit a nice German sports coupe. And it is extra disappointing because it went from being one of the best sounding cars in the world to something that occasionally sounds OK.

I think journalists judge Porsche so harshly because they love them and have very high expectations. Also because they need something to complain about to not seem biased. Shit like the GT4 long gearing and 718 noise would be non issues in most other cars, but they stick out because the rest of the car is so perfect.

Anyway, it's all personal. For me, engine and exhaust noise is a big factor when it comes to enjoyment. You can't always go all out with face melting performance on the street, but can still row through the gears and savor the rumbles and crackles coming out of the tail pipes at reasonable speeds.

Oh I totally "get" it, but again I always think it's kind of irrelevant to my experience. In fact the car I ultimately picked this time, is the second quietest (cabin) car on the market. Quieter than the A8, quieter than an S-Class and precisely one decibel louder than a Rolls Royce Phantom.

It never occurred to me to actually listen to the engine during the test drive, because I was listening for the silence. I know gaf isn't all that warm on the A4, but the 2017 is a genuinely excellent car and a massive improvement on the 8th gen.

agree! The sound actually makes the car feels faster than it actually is, which makes it more thrilling and enjoyable.....no need to drive drive dangerously in the street.

most new cars now a day are just stupid fast....there's no way to extract even 60% of their performance on the street with out driving wreckless.

I've seen a few highend sports cars already that tries to drive fast on the street/backroads that end up crashing...

Jackson

most new cars now a day are just stupid fast....there's no way to extract even 60% of their performance on the street with out driving wreckless.

I've seen a few highend sports cars already that tries to drive fast on the street/backroads that end up crashing...

This. I couldn't even push my 340 HP / 2,900 LBS car around on empty backroads anywhere near its limits... Too many variables to worry about vs a track.

GHG

agree! The sound actually makes the car feels faster than it actually is, which makes it more thrilling and enjoyable.....no need to drive drive dangerously in the street.

So so true. Like Chris Harris says, "how fast do you really need to go", especially on the road.

For me driving is all about the emotion and putting a smile on my face. Noise is a big part of that. That's why I'm sure that my next car needs to be a naturally aspirated high revving engine. Its about having fun within the speed limits and its really difficult to do that with a lot of these low revving, high torque turbo engines.

Pinewood

Hi motorgaf. Any Alfa owners here? I have been looking for a new car (my first car, even) and this used Alfa GTV just has my name on it. Im kinda wary of their infamy of breaking down though.

The seller lists it as needing a new generator belt, injectord and that the suspension(not sure if thats the proper word) needing "some" work.

this will turn out as a huge time/money sink right?

matmanx1

What does AutoGaf think of brown upholstery? I like it because it makes the inside of the car feel like a Victorian office and justifies a driving monocle, and hides certain types of fluff and crumbs, but the only thing holding me back is resale desirability. Here's what I'm looking at specifically.

zfpGhQD.jpg

I like. It's one of my favorite interior colors. I think my ideal color combo with that (and I'll use Porsche for this example because I am familiar with their colors) would be GT Silver or Night Blue Metallic exterior with Cocoa leather (which is a dark brown) interior.

bGg6TE3.jpg

pkO03DN.jpg

Amazing pic is amazing. What car were you driving?

I'm of two minds on this. Yes I like a good sounding car and yes it does add to the enjoyment. But I don't think a mediocre sound would keep me from enjoying what is an otherwise excellent car and a great sound wouldn't sway me towards a car that I didn't enjoy driving all that much. In that, I think the new 718 twins have more than enough going for them to overcome an exhaust note that isn't as good as the 981 versions.

In other words, it is more about the feel and the driving dynamics (and honestly, looks are pretty darn important also) with the vehicle's sound being a lesser factor. But that's just me.

AlphaSnake

Thanks guys. If autogaf was a family, I feel like I'm the edgy teenager in the family who is always getting his ass saved by the uncles Lol

I tried that, just that my wheel well is a bit too narrow for me to look carefully haha. Later tonight I'm going try again

Ah dang, I hope Mercedes doesn't say that but I have heard that before somewhere else. Maybe in this thread lol
I really had no idea tire patching was that good! Do you change your tires earlier if you patched it just in case or is it really that reliable?

Mercedes will never say that. What Benz is it again?

I also don't think you should wait 13 days to get a nail removed, btw. The longer you wait, the more damage you can do to a tire. I'd find a decent tire shop like a Discount Tire and have them repair it.

And patching has no impact a tire's tread life, don't worry.

My Fiesta ST lease is up in November, so I'm looking at my next car. I'm gonna buy this time, and my budget is around £20k tops. Looking at getting one of the following second hand:

- Peugeot RCZ R
- Toyota GT86 Aero
- Porsche Cayman S
- Focus ST
- Audi TT
- Nissan 370Z

In terms of looks, style and running costs, the Peugeot is coming out on top every time for me. Beautiful car, 270bhp and 40mpg.

Does anyone own any of these cars and is willing to provide their thoughts?

kharma45

As nice as the Peugeot is, I can't get past the badge.

Golf R and the M135i should be around that money too. Depends on what age of car you're looking.

Stinkles

I like. It's one of my favorite interior colors. I think my ideal color combo with that (and I'll use Porsche for this example because I am familiar with their colors) would be GT Silver or Night Blue Metallic exterior with Cocoa leather (which is a dark brown) interior.

This is the exact scheme I'm going to look at today. Moonlight blue metallic, nougat brown. I added the walnut burl which is a tad overkill for that design.

Armadilo

Banned
need some advice on getting a used car, I just have a part time job and as of right now just $2,500. I will finally be starting college in August and the problem is that I don't have a car. My current credit score is 700 and right now I have two cars that I narrowed down to.

First I thought that maybe I should try to get a cheap new car like a nissan versa or Chevrolet Spark but I only have a part time job so no.

ok the first one is from craigslist, 2004 Scion XA $3300 97k miles. He says the car was from his daughter and it runs good but has paint fading

The second is from a dealership, 2007 Hyundai Accent SE Hatchback $5,895 80k miles

So I need to check them out and then the money problem. If I want the Accent do I get a loan from my bank or a dealership loan ? first try to haggle the price down from the dealership ?

As nice as the Peugeot is, I can't get past the badge.

Golf R and the M135i should be around that money too. Depends on what age of car you're looking.
Lovely cars, I'm sure, but VWs and Beemers do nothing for me, I'm afraid.

As new a car as possible, ideally. You can get a two year old RCZ R for £16k now, and that's a lot of car for the money. I'd be royally pissed off if I bought one new, though, haha.

If the GT86 had another 70bhp and wasn't so terrible on fuel, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

- Peugeot RCZ R
- Toyota GT86 Aero
- Porsche Cayman S
- Focus ST
- Audi TT
- Nissan 370Z

Against this group it does not do well - the ST is faster and far roomier, the TT is much more refined, the 370Z will stomp it into the weeds. I haven't driven a Cayman but, well, it's a Porsche. Can't comment on the Peugeot because they won't sell to us filthy Americans any longer.

The 86 is hard to see out of, not that fast, has an infotainment that is five years behind, the induction noise sounds like a riding lawn mower and I hope you don't need to put humans in the back seat. But the handling is sublime, the transmission is fantastic (not Honda level, better than most), it looks attractive, and I've had zero issues with mine other than the standard crickets (which have supposedly been fixed with a new fuel pump). I keep thinking about trading it in, then I take it down a winding road and fall in love with it again.

kharma45

Lovely cars, I'm sure, but VWs and Beemers do nothing for me, I'm afraid.

As new a car as possible, ideally. You can get a two year old RCZ R for £16k now, and that's a lot of car for the money. I'd be royally pissed off if I bought one new, though, haha.

If the GT86 had another 70bhp and wasn't so terrible on fuel, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

I'd get the Cayman. Has the badge, excellent car and will hold it's value well. Nothing to dislike about it.

Evo X

My Fiesta ST lease is up in November, so I'm looking at my next car. I'm gonna buy this time, and my budget is around £20k tops. Looking at getting one of the following second hand:

- Peugeot RCZ R
- Toyota GT86 Aero
- Porsche Cayman S
- Focus ST
- Audi TT
- Nissan 370Z

In terms of looks, style and running costs, the Peugeot is coming out on top every time for me. Beautiful car, 270bhp and 40mpg.

C'mon man, is this even a question?

Get the Cayman!

FStop7

Banned

Plugs tend to work their way loose in softer compound tires. I had that happen a couple of times. Never had an issue with patching, though. But I wouldn't trust a patched tire on a track or at very high speeds. Or any situation where the tires get a lot of extended heat buildup.

C'mon man, is this even a question?

Get the Cayman!
Thing is, on my budget, it's gonna be an 08 plate with 80,000 miles. With the other cars, you're getting a 2014 model with less than 15,000 miles on the clock. Plus, at 23, a Cayman ain't gonna be cheap to insure. It's tough!

kharma45

Thing is, on my budget, it's gonna be an 08 plate with 80,000 miles. With the other cars, you're getting a 2014 model with less than 15,000 miles on the clock. Plus, at 23, a Cayman ain't gonna be cheap to insure. It's tough!

You can go 11 plate with the Boxter if that interests you.

need some advice on getting a used car, I just have a part time job and as of right now just $2,500. I will finally be starting college in August and the problem is that I don't have a car. My current credit score is 700 and right now I have two cars that I narrowed down to.

First I thought that maybe I should try to get a cheap new car like a nissan versa or Chevrolet Spark but I only have a part time job so no.

ok the first one is from craigslist, 2004 Scion XA $3300 97k miles. He says the car was from his daughter and it runs good but has paint fading

The second is from a dealership, 2007 Hyundai Accent SE Hatchback $5,895 80k miles

So I need to check them out and then the money problem. If I want the Accent do I get a loan from my bank or a dealership loan ? first try to haggle the price down from the dealership ?

Banks usually won't give loans for cars more than 10 years old. Looks like the Hyundai would qualify but just barely, and the Scion won't. So unless you can convince the Scion owner to take $2,500 for it (and hey it's worth a shot)... The dealer would probably be happy to give you a loan, but you need to compare what's available from the bank. But either way if you're only going to be financing like $2,000 the interest rate won't actually matter that much in the end.

Views such as these though :D

61b90441-0eea-4076-a4f0lbu.jpg

Got a wave from a Cayman as I was driving back from France yesterday. Made me and my humble Boxster feel pretty good :p.

Some pics I took on my vacation in France. First time I took it on a really long trip (3000km there and back). It performed admirably:

With my other girl :D

Top Bottom