• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

mkenyon

Banned
He actually gave me my first modded PSX, prior to that I had only really played PC games. I grew up down the street from him, really close friends with his brother.

I actually had no idea that Ryan ended up working in games until I saw his name pop up on a GAF thread a few years back :p

So who else here works in the game industry? Lol.

Auto-GAF to me feels like it's outside of GAF so I still kinda find it weird that we've got industry people here. We truly are a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers.

Hahaha, unfortunately it's not his car. But he told me to tell you guys to stay away unless you're willing to commit your pockets to the car. They are very fussy vehicles and develop a horde of issues. He sank money into the car until he started hating it. When the turbo went, that was the end of it. The fix was too damn expensive.

Yeah, that's the thing about that sucks about the MS6. It's literally fifty-fifty on getting a good example. Half of the remaining MS6's still run like champs 10 years later but the other half has seen some shit.

The weird thing is that I really don't understand why the MS6 is 50/50 when the Mazdaspeed3 is literally the same car. I mean there was still a propensity for blown turbos or whatever with the 1st gen MS3, but people have figured out how to avoid that. Granted, even now LSPI(low speed pre-ignition) is still an issue with these family of engines(2nd gen Mazdaspeed3 and the Focus ST) but again people know how to avoid it and Ford specifically has managed to curtail the issue more than Mazda ever did for the 2nd gen MS3.

Well damn. GAF you talked me into it, now you're talking me out of it.

The signs keep pointing back to Evo X (the car).

Get the Carfax or find some way to verify that the issues have been replaced before.

From what I learned during research, a lot of the issues that come up for the MS6 is the LSPI I mentioned above. From what my Mazdaspeed3 owning brother told me, LSPI usually happens because you accelerated the car during low RPMs in 5th or 6th gear. And I say usually because it can still apparently happen on any gear, it just so happens that on the 2nd gen MS3, a lot of the tuners have narrowed it down to 5th and 6th gear. And besides an uprated fuel pump and stronger internals, there really isn't much difference between the MS6 and a 2nd gen MS3.

Honestly speaking, a running MS6 at this day and age most likely got the luck of the draw. Like with reilo, it just doesn't make sense anymore to fix up a broken MS6 and get it back in good condition. The PO or dealer definitely spent a good amount of money to fix it up. And judging from the price, as well as the KBB listing, this example might actually be a good example so I'd say definitely check it out if you've got the time and really want it.

J-Rzez

Hmmm.. the new m2 looks pretty sweet too.. looking pretty appealing to me

The M2 is a pretty amazing machine. Its something I toyed around getting as well, but my weird "because awd rally car hot hatch" well, weirdness kicked in. They are a perfect size imho, the m3/4 just are too big. Interior is really nice outside of BMWs dated sundial gauges. Seats were fantastic. And that one bluish/green color (can't remember its name atm) is simply amazing looking.

That Jag SVR though, yikes. Saw auto express or Evo review it in blue (yes, I have a problem with Blue, can't help it) and man would I pick one up if I had the money and need for something that could kind of fill the GT bill.

I thought the MS6 was a cool car, but I remember reading on other forums with people having some odd mechanical issues in time. From the motor to the awd.

https://www.tesla.com/blog/master-plan-part-deux

Telsa Master Plan II

Essentially:

Create stunning solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage
Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments
Develop a self-driving capability that is 10X safer than manual via massive fleet learning
Enable your car to make money for you when you aren't using it

In terms of part 2:
Today, Tesla addresses two relatively small segments of premium sedans and SUVs. With the Model 3, a future compact SUV and a new kind of pickup truck, we plan to address most of the consumer market. A lower cost vehicle than the Model 3 is unlikely to be necessary
In addition to consumer vehicles, there are two other types of electric vehicle needed: heavy-duty trucks and high passenger-density urban transport. Both are in the early stages of development at Tesla and should be ready for unveiling next year.
Exciting times.

otakuderek

I'm mildly concerned about going back to driving manual again after 8 years driving an automatic. I was ok at it, but most of the cars I've been eyeing would be more fun wheeling around with a manual transmission. How long does it take to get back in the groove for you all? I'm worried about burning out the clutch and destroying a transmission in a new car.

I'm mildly concerned about going back to driving manual again after 8 years driving an automatic. I was ok at it, but most of the cars I've been eyeing would be more fun wheeling around with a manual transmission. How long does it take to get back in the groove for you all? I'm worried about burning out the clutch and destroying a transmission in a new car.

About ten seconds. Just like jumping back on a bicycle after a long hiatus.

boltz

That's not the point of the F-Type.

As discussed earlier in the thread... If you are using a car on public roads, how fast do you really need it to be? Anything under 5 seconds and you are faster than at least 90% of cars you will encounter on a daily basis.

I wasn't saying that it needed to be faster, was just surprised at the 0-60 time considering its power output.

Jaguar's 0-60 numbers are very conservative. Also, Subarus can be launched hard, but run out of breath quick. The F-Type will completely outrun an STi by the time they both reach 70. Even a base V6 with 340HP felt quicker than an STi.

Also, I'm pretty sure trap-speeds on the 380HP S-model are 8-9MPH faster than an STi, which is like a 10 bus gap.

That would make more sense; also saw that it has to contend with carrying about 3800 lbs.

The roll-out method puts 5ft of space between the front wheel and the starting line, which means the clock starts running when the front wheels cross the starting line. Mashing the throttle with 5 feet of space will have that car crossing the starting line at a minimum of 5 MPH, and in some exotics up to 10MPH. This aids 0-60 times immensely, as it does 1/4 miles and their trap-speeds. This is largely the reason for the discrepancy.

The weird thing is, I've noticed that the 5-60 times are slower than the 0-60 times (at least Car and Driver's numbers). My guess is that the 0-60 times are launched starts while the 5-60 ones are not.

I was out of driving stick for nearly 5 years but got back in the groove after a weekend of driving. I was more worried about the heavier clutch, but even that was no problem.

matmanx1

Would prefer 4 doors but the 1m/M2 series just looks much better to me aesthetically, gas mileage insurance aren't that important to me, nearby dealer

Would probably prefer m2 because I don't wanna drive stick in the bay area (SF)

Sounds like that would probably be a good thing for you. The M2 has certainly reviewed well and has a lot of positive buzz. Make sure you shop and drive some competitors cars though, you might be surprised what you actually end up liking once you actually get some seat time.

Shouldn't take along at all, really. Once you know how to do it, it's really just a matter of fine tuning the details in each particular car. (clutch release point and travel time being two areas) I will say that seating position is key, especially for anything sporty. I've been experimenting with my MX-5 seating position over the past week and my shifting smoothness has increased because I now have a better angle on the pedals.

Bottom line, if you enjoy shifting your own gears and have done it before then it shouldn't take you very long at all to get comfortable in your new ride.

Just like riding a bike, it won't take long at all.

The problem I have with automatic cars is every time I get in one, I reach for a clutch.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

i was in the same position when i bought my evo. had been driving automatic for about 10 years and was concerned with going back to manual. as others pointed out though, it wasnt a big deal. by the end of the test drive i felt pretty comfortable and by the time i got the car home i was no longer thinking about it.

The problem I have with automatic cars is every time I get in one, I reach for a clutch.

I do that like everytime. Its worse when you have a bunch of people in the car, and you slam on the brake when you're reaching for a clutch thats not there, then everyone else in the care is like "wtf are you doing?"

I do that like everytime. Its worse when you have a bunch of people in the car, and you slam on the brake when you're reaching for a clutch thats not there, then everyone else in the care is like "wtf are you doing?"

Really? You reach for the brake thinking it's the clutch pedal? Doesn't its position tip you off? Left foot shouldn't be there.

Well, I've never done that lol. Usually my left foot just stomps into nothingness since I push it down to where the clutch would be. It would feel weird to put the left foot down to where the brake pedal usually is.

otakuderek

Thanks for the reassurance everyone! I'm going to go test drive a WRX this weekend and maybe/probably buy it based on the drive. I've seen the regular WRX has a newer engine that the STI. I'm leaning toward just the WRX since the hp difference isn't much and there is still great potential for modding/upgrades if/when I want them.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The weird thing is, I've noticed that the 5-60 times are slower than the 0-60 times (at least Car and Driver's numbers). My guess is that the 0-60 times are launched starts while the 5-60 ones are not.

Well, yeah. A 5-60 is basically the most pointless stat still in car mags today. I have no idea what its purpose even is. The reason it's always slower is because:

Hitting the gas at 5MPH forces the car to start at a very low RPM (say 750RPM, just off the idle of most cars). And even worse in a manual because of obvious clutch reasons.

Where as launching a car from 0 means the torque converter will jump the RPMs to 2000-3000 for a hard launch off the line. Or you're dropping the clutch around there, as well, to start the launch.

GHG

Well, yeah. A 5-60 is basically the most pointless stat still in car mags today. I have no idea what its purpose even is. The reason it's always slower is because:

Hitting the gas at 5MPH forces the car to start at a very low RPM (say 750RPM, just off the idle of most cars). And even worse in a manual because of obvious clutch reasons.

Where as launching a car from 0 means the torque converter will jump the RPMs to 2000-3000 for a hard launch off the line. Or you're dropping the clutch around there, as well, to start the launch.

I think the reason 5-60 still exists is due to the fancy launch control on most performance cars these days. Let's be honest, you're not going to be doing launch control away from every traffic light you're stopped at so the 5-60 gives you a more realistic overview of what kind of real world acceleration is achievable.

You just have to look at the big differences in the 0-60 and 5-60 times in cars with engines that are reliant on turbos to see how much of an impact the launch control function has on the figures.

I also thinks 0-60 is a pointless stat...*run and hide*...

matmanx1

I also thinks 0-60 is a pointless stat...*run and hide*...

Oh it is, no doubt. How many people are in a situation where they have to launch from 0 and stop accelerating once they reach 60? It's just a metric for comparison these days and really only useful for bragging rights.

Even if you need to launch hard from a stop light to get ahead of the guy next to you to change lanes you usually aren't going to have to hit 60 to do that unless he's trying to race or block you (lol). 0-45 and maybe 55 - 75 are probably more useful metrics in the real world.

kharma45

Oh it is, no doubt. How many people are in a situation where they have to launch from 0 and stop accelerating once they reach 60? It's just a metric for comparison these days and really only useful for bragging rights.

Even if you need to launch hard from a stop light to get ahead of the guy next to you to change lanes you usually aren't going to have to hit 60 to do that unless he's trying to race or block you (lol). 0-45 and maybe 55 - 75 are probably more useful metrics in the real world.

Agreed, 30-50, 50-70 are much more interesting.

J-Rzez

Thanks for the reassurance everyone! I'm going to go test drive a WRX this weekend and maybe/probably buy it based on the drive. I've seen the regular WRX has a newer engine that the STI. I'm leaning toward just the WRX since the hp difference isn't much and there is still great potential for modding/upgrades if/when I want them.

The WRX is easily the best performance buy for the money, safety, usability, and it's not bad on gas. Only issues, stereo is freaking awful, all of them, stock, kicker speaker upgrades, and hk package upgrade. You're better off going with aftermarket speakers and power pack than any of those. Subaru makes the worst stereos in the industry. The only other questionable quality control of theirs is the paint and windshield. My windshield chipped, my buddy's cracked, and my front bumper looked sandblasted after a year. But it's AWD, trans, and gem of a motor help make up for it. Holds its value really well too.

The STI is overpriced for what you get. There's better options for the same price out there. That EJ25 series motor is a weak point and super inefficient for its output. I wouldn't doubt to see the 2018/2019 to feature the FB20DIT instead. Then the car can be a great option again.

I think the reason 5-60 still exists is due to the fancy launch control on most performance cars these days. Let's be honest, you're not going to be doing launch control away from every traffic light you're stopped at so the 5-60 gives you a more realistic overview of what kind of real world acceleration is achievable.

You just have to look at the big differences in the 0-60 and 5-60 times in cars with engines that are reliant on turbos to see how much of an impact the launch control function has on the figures.

Yeah majority of recent sport cars and their momma has launch control.

its all twin turbo, dual clutch and launch control....

The GT-R is fast from the dig cause of the aggressive launch control, but from the roll its meh and pretty boring. I don't think I've ever driven and thought.."Hmmm I wan't to do a launch control" plus having to thinker and do the konami code each time to enable it...

rykomatsu

So, about 8-9 months ago I posted asking about what sports car to buy and I was essentially torn between a C7 and Cayman S. The maths of maintenance, potential repairs, etc just didn't work out (and I wanted to spend more money on home remodeling too), so looked to some other options...namely, E92 M3s and M235is...

Ended up with a 2015 M235i w/ 6spd - negotiated a few free parts from the dealer. M Performance front lip and rear diffuser.

2196623893127820748%253Faccount_id%253D1

Feels good to be back driving a stick :)

matmanx1

So, about 8-9 months ago I posted asking about what sports car to buy and I was essentially torn between a C7 and Cayman S. The maths of maintenance, potential repairs, etc just didn't work out (and I wanted to spend more money on home remodeling too), so looked to some other options...namely, E92 M3s and M235is...

Ended up with a 2015 M235i w/ 6spd - negotiated a few free parts from the dealer. M Performance front lip and rear diffuser.

Congrats! I am sure you will have a blast with it.

Smokey

Curious to see how BMW steps it up with the next gen G20 platform. They're expected to step up the material quality on the inside to match Audi and Mercedes. Should be revealed next year sometime. I'm very curious of the new platform.

For me I'm not interested in year one models of brand new, next gen models. So if G20 hits in 2018 as expected that means 2019 at earliest for me :x

Going from a E93 to a Gxx should be pretty sweet.

Congrats, sounds like it will be great fun

ameratsu

The WRX is easily the best performance buy for the money, safety, usability, and it's not bad on gas. Only issues, stereo is freaking awful, all of them, stock, kicker speaker upgrades, and hk package upgrade. You're better off going with aftermarket speakers and power pack than any of those. Subaru makes the worst stereos in the industry. The only other questionable quality control of theirs is the paint and windshield. My windshield chipped, my buddy's cracked, and my front bumper looked sandblasted after a year. But it's AWD, trans, and gem of a motor help make up for it. Holds its value really well too.

Around here, the WRX/STi have a reputation for being bro vehicles due to people with oil money buying them proportionately to jacked up f150 quad cabs.

I like the new WRX a lot, but i couldn't shake the stigma associated with them.

Congrats! I am sure you will have a blast with it.

Drove one a week ago (though an xdrive auto) and loved it to death as I thought I would. Congrats! Still counting down the time for when I want to make the leap to get one.
Student loans should be payed off in 3 months!

Fiat 124 Abarth vs. Mazda Miata Club: Which Is Best on Track?

Some choice quotes:

The Fiat 124 Abarth is a car in which novices will feel immediately comfortable and experienced drivers will be immediately confident. Steering feel is closer to that of the previous-generation NC Miata than to the lively current car; you can feel the changes that FCA's engineers made to make it just a bit less twitchy and a touch more stable. Everything's relative, however; if you're coming to the Abarth from ninety-five percent of the cars on the market it will feel like the proverbial go-kart.

The 124 Abarth is a very good track car. The Miata Club is better than that. It's straight-As all the way across the report card.

Amazingly, the Fiat and Miata truly are very different cars on-track. The 124 responds best to the classical three-phase cornering strategy laid out by Bondurant and Barber. Get it in straight on the brakes, then turn in with very little brake and use midcorner throttle to spool the turbo. Once you see your exit, unwind and go. If you can stick to that, the Abarth will be your devoted trackday companion and you'll pass a lot of people.

The Miata, on the other hand, has the adaptability of Paul Chambers backing Coltrane in the fifth minute of an "outside" solo. If you drive by the numbers, it is only a tiny bit slower than the 124. As you approach the edge of tire traction, the Mazda starts to truly shine. By the time you're sliding, you'll have transferred your allegiance from Fiat to the store brand.

Once you are truly comfortable with the track and the car, the Miata's singular greatness verges on cliché. Brake late and throw it in? No problem. Inadvertent early apex? Just brush the Brembos and counter-steer on the way out... Now I'm dicing with the true race cars from the lower classes, setting up a Spec E30 BMW in Two then slipping by over the hill in Five before setting my sights on the next victim. There's nothing you can't do in this car.

I'm actually quite surprised that the Miata is still the better car. It just goes to show that horsepower isn't everything.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

"Subaru makes licensing agreements with stereo manufacturers based primarily on price point." Is more correct.

J-Rzez

"Subaru makes licensing agreements with stereo manufacturers based primarily on price point." Is more correct.

TBH, I think they're one of the few manufacturers that actually warranty their speakers lol. I mean, they used Clarion and Fujistu Ten in the past, not like they're shabby stereo makers.

Going from my old WRX (with swapped out pioneer deck that made a big improvement) to even the Sony factory system in the RS (which isn't great) is a night and day difference.

mkenyon

Banned
Speaking of head units, I'm really enjoying the UConnect on my 2500. I have the newer version that activates Siri rather than the sub-par system the car has.

It's fast, it's very easy to understand, and most of the automatic features can be enabled or disabled. And holy shit the bass is real with the Alpine speaker upgrade. Doesn't quite match the amazing highs on my EX35, but it makes up for it with fun.

I'm hoping I'll be able to upgrade it to Carplay/Android Auto with a software download when that comes out.

FStop7

Banned
Fiat 124 Abarth vs. Mazda Miata Club: Which Is Best on Track?

Some choice quotes:

I'm actually quite surprised that the Miata is still the better car. It just goes to show that horsepower isn't everything.

I skimmed the article a couple of times and don't see any actual published lap times. I get real suspicious as soon as I read about "sliding" being faster, especially when combined with cringey references to jazz musicians. I'd take that comparison with several grains of salt.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
My new car has gone from being "IN TRANSIT" to being "AT PORT" being "ON TRUCK" and should be here the middle of next week.

To pile on Mkenynon's post above, one of the best things about this car is Apple Carplay and Android standard. That combined with Audi's "Virtual Cockpit" (NVidia powered HD screen behind the steering wheel, replacing analog dials) means it's a technological step ahead of the other cars in this class. And one of the reasons I picked it, along with the second quietest cabin on the market.

This is NOT the 2016 Audi A4. It's all new. 0-60 in 5.4, longer, wider, smarter. I know the A4 is unappealing to "enthusiast" drivers, but seriously, if you're in that market, give it a drive. I was genuinely shocked and the C300, 3-Series and Q50 weren't even close. And for context, last year, I eliminated the A4 from my shopping list because of the performance, tech and dynamics.

This year, it's a whole new vorsprung.

Of course now I jinxed it and it'll get delayed. DOH.

Quattro, Manhattan Gray, Premium Plus, Tech Package and Cold Weather (the latter seems to come with every WA state car because we're weather babies).

I'M PUMPED.

P.S., UK people, Audi drivers in the US aren't as douchelord as BMW drivers by reputation, but I will work on that for you...

Close second for me was C300 because of cabin quality.

ascii42

My new car has gone from being "IN TRANSIT" to being "AT PORT" being "ON TRUCK" and should be here the middle of next week.

To pile on Mkenynon's post above, one of the best things about this car is Apple Carplay and Android standard. That combined with Audi's "Virtual Cockpit" (NVidia powered HD screen behind the steering wheel, replacing analog dials) means it's a technological step ahead of the other cars in this class. And one of the reasons I picked it, along with the second quietest cabin on the market.

This is NOT the 2016 Audi A4. It's all new. 0-60 in 5.4, longer, wider, smarter. I know the A4 is unappealing to "enthusiast" drivers, but seriously, if you're in that market, give it a drive. I was genuinely shocked and the C300, 3-Series and Q50 weren't even close. And for context, last year, I eliminated the A4 from my shopping list because of the performance, tech and dynamics.

This year, it's a whole new vorsprung.

Of course now I jinxed it and it'll get delayed. DOH.

Quattro, Manhattan Gray, Premium Plus, Tech Package and Cold Weather (the latter seems to come with every WA state car because we're weather babies).

I'M PUMPED.

P.S., UK people, Audi drivers in the US aren't as douchelord as BMW drivers by reputation, but I will work on that for you...

Close second for me was C300 because of cabin quality.

The virtual cockpit does look nice. Still not a fan of the "tablet on the dash" style, but otherwise I like the interior.

matmanx1

Starting to really like the videos these guys make. This one is on the 991.2:

https://youtu.be/ISIUGwt_t6w

Should have said it was a MotorTrend Ignition video with Randy Pobst and Jason Cammisa. That pretty much makes it an instant watch for me. But yeah, great job. The quality of programming these guys are putting out right now is excellent.

I skimmed the article a couple of times and don't see any actual published lap times. I get real suspicious as soon as I read about "sliding" being faster, especially when combined with cringey references to jazz musicians. I'd take that comparison with several grains of salt.

Yeah, reading the article, it is a very subjective piece. The writer's conclusion boils down to the fact that the Miata didn't experience any brake fade all day (the Fiat's brakes began to fade early) and that the Miata could be driven with so much flexibility while the Fiat pretty much has to be driven a certain way with less room for "play".

I suspect, in stock form, the 124 would actually set the faster lap time. But that wasn't necessarily the point of this article, hence why that number wasn't posted. As we all know, faster does not equate to better when it comes to a sports car.

Stinkles

The virtual cockpit does look nice. Still not a fan of the "tablet on the dash" style, but otherwise I like the interior.

I have yet to meet anyone who DOES like that, either in the C300 or the new A4. It looks like an afterthought and more worryingly, a crack addict might decide it's a forgotten iPad and smash a window for it.

The only thing I will say in its defense is that it's big and clear and integrates well with both Apple Carplay AND Android. And (lol) Audi finally added USB ports this year - they used to use an idiotic custom port. Two SD card slots too, so I can dump all my music on there and never have to fiddle with the phone UI to play choonz.

ascii42

I have yet to meet anyone who DOES like that, either in the C300 or the new A4. It looks like an afterthought and more worryingly, a crack addict might decide it's a forgotten iPad and smash a window for it.

The only thing I will say in its defense is that it's big and clear and integrates well with both Apple Carplay AND Android. And (lol) Audi finally added USB ports this year - they used to use an idiotic custom port. Two SD card slots too, so I can dump all my music on there and never have to fiddle with the phone UI to play choonz.

Yeah, VW/Audi's connector was stupid. I'm glad manufacturers seem to all have USB ports now.

For whatever reason Cadillac decided to drop SD card support for 2016, so my car doesn't have that. Not that big of a deal for me, I figure I'll probably want to use CarPlay when I want to play my music, so I'm fine with keeping my music on my phone. But at least they give me plenty of USB ports, 1 in the hidden storage area behind CUE's capacitive touch buttons, and two in the armrest storage area. I could probably dedicate one to a USB flash drive if I felt like it.

I'd like to play with Android Auto sometime. Maybe I could get someone I know with an Android phone to plug their phone into my car once I get the update that has it. Apparently I have to go to a dealer to update CUE, despite the car having 4G LTE through OnStar, as well as USB ports.

Smokey

So we were clowning the GS-F a few months ago, asking who is it for. Well, the Motor Trend folks did a H2H of the CTS-V vs the GS-F, and they had pretty high praise for the latter...outside of it's looks, although the CTS-V did win their H2H

https://youtu.be/3uuy5LVv8pA

Pinewood

Speaking of MX5s/Miatas, when would be a good time to buy one? I suspect there is a certain seasonality due to them being convertible

Stinkles

Yeah, VW/Audi's connector was stupid. I'm glad manufacturers seem to all have USB ports now.

For whatever reason Cadillac decided to drop SD card support for 2016, so my car doesn't have that. Not that big of a deal for me, I figure I'll probably want to use CarPlay when I want to play my music, so I'm fine with keeping my music on my phone. But at least they give me plenty of USB ports, 1 in the hidden storage area behind CUE's capacitive touch buttons, and two in the armrest storage area. I could probably dedicate one to a USB flash drive if I felt like it.

I'd like to play with Android Auto sometime. Maybe I could get someone I know with an Android phone to plug their phone into my car once I get the update that has it. Apparently I have to go to a dealer to update CUE, despite the car having 4G LTE through OnStar, as well as USB ports.

In the new A4 you can pair two phones at once- wife/husband/passenger for example. And they can both be different OS. Which is neat. It's also trivial to switch their identities from primary to secondary and so on. Carplay has to be wired though because of video bandwidth and extended app support. Hardly an issue since you'd want to charge it anyway.

ascii42

So we were clowning the GS-F a few months ago, asking who is it for. Well, the Motor Trend folks did a H2H of the CTS-V vs the GS-F, and they had pretty high praise for the latter...outside of it's looks, although the CTS-V did win their H2H

https://youtu.be/3uuy5LVv8pA

Man that's a sweet Fleetwood Brougham Limo. The CTS-V and GS-F are alright too I guess.

My favorite part was when they compared the design of the Lexus to when they tested giving spiders LSD and observed how it affected their webs.

In the new A4 you can pair two phones at once- wife/husband/passenger for example. And they can both be different OS. Which is neat. It's also trivial to switch their identities from primary to secondary and so on. Carplay has to be wired though because of video bandwidth and extended app support. Hardly an issue since you'd want to charge it anyway.

Yeah, and audio should be better over USB than Bluetooth as well. My Caddy has a wireless charging pad, so I could still charge my phone if I bought a wireless charging case for it, but wired is fine.

otakuderek

I did it! I purchased a WRX today. I wasn't expected to find the one I did, but it just came in off their trucks. It's a 2015 WRX Limited in Galaxy Blue Pearl with only 15k miles. It used to be an executive car and it's one of the certified pre-owned. It had everything I wanted. Thank you all for answering all my questions and helping with my decision!

I'll have pics soon!

I did it! I purchased a WRX today. I wasn't expected to find the one I did, but it just came in off their trucks. It's a 2015 WRX Limited in Galaxy Blue Pearl with only 15k miles. It used to be a executive car and it's one of the certified pre-owned. It had everything I wanted. Thank you all for answering all my questions and helping with my decision!

I'll have pics soon!

Awesome pick up, and what a great color (that's no longer in production!)

Top Bottom