• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

No Love

Banned
I like it.

Weekends: Singer 911, 911RS, 650S
Daily: Macan S Diesel, 1M/135i
Winter Beaters: Focus RS, V60 Polestar
Hauling duty: Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie

-------------------------------------------------

On a slightly related note, over the past few weeks I've driven a few things in my budget for our second car. I had my list narrowed down to: G35/37 Coupe, BRZ/FRS, 128i, 135i, RX8, and 328i X Drive (E90). I'm pretty much sold on the 128i. I know what to look for, I know what I'm getting into. The 135i I like more, obviously, but not enough to warrant more expensive fixes and a higher entry price. I think the 128i might be the best kept secret when it comes to affordable fun coupes. Less weight than the 135i, hydraulic steering, great sounding engine, super reliable engine, and a very simple interior that has everything you need in a driver's car.

I know matmanx hasn't had a great experience, but that sort of stuff isn't as big of a deal for me as I'd only be putting 4-6k miles a year on it.

If the manual didn't feel like shit, I would have opted for the G35/37, as I'm familiar with the longevity of that engine from my EX35. The 1 series just felt so damn good. I'd like a slightly tighter shifter, and the suspension tightened up a bit as it'd be a second car.

Also, just passed 6k miles on the 2500 Cummins. Thing just devours miles, moves anyone out of the way, and is so comfy. I did 12 hours of driving in one day, barely any fatigue at all. The road presence is pretty great too.

Get the 135i. By far the best of all those cars. It's really not that unreliable. And you'll love Juivvebox 4 and 400-500 wtq :)

mkenyon

Banned
Get the 135i. By far the best of all those cars. It's really not that unreliable. And you'll love Juivvebox 4 and 400-500 wtq :)
I'd really like to keep the price below 18k (really, 15k) and the mileage not too high either. Pretty hard to find a manual 135i like that.

I've got time though, I'll keep my eye open.

No Love

Banned
I'd really like to keep the price below 18k (really, 15k) and the mileage not too high either. Pretty hard to find a manual 135i like that.

I've got time though, I'll keep my eye open.

I see them with like 70-80k miles for $15k a lot here in SoCal. But tbh the best deals are on 335i's, they have dropped much lower than the 135i and they're still fast as fuck. My cousin got a 1 owner '07 335i for about $9k last week.

Futaba

Thanks bro, shot them a pm about it!
Just need to find some C7P lightning red now!

How my 86 currently sits (or at least as of the last time I took a decent shot of it), added yellow runduce 6 pot calipers and 365mm rotors to the front since, in prep for FI.
s8Cel4i.jpg

Awesome. But, at first on mobile I thought the red parking space machine in the background was part of some Celica GT-S Action Package spoiler or something lol.

mkenyon

Banned
I see them with like 70-80k miles for $15k a lot here in SoCal. But tbh the best deals are on 335i's, they have dropped much lower than the 135i and they're still fast as fuck. My cousin got a 1 owner '07 335i for about $9k last week.
I'd drive one up from there, or have it shipped. I'm only 12 hours from LA.

Gaf, if you could suddenly buy any car sub $1m, what would it be?

This goofy looking bastard:

$400K in the 80's so with inflation it's about $900K.

Looking at prices right now, I'm sure if I've got $1m sitting in the bank, I'm sure I can somehow acquire another $500K to get a decent copy.

I remember my first time in Vegas in 2006. Flight got there super late around 2am. We checked into our hotel, then hit the strip. Not 5 minutes later saw an Enzo rip it down the street and a modified Mustang drift an intersection while coming within inches of the curb. Felt like I had arrived inside of a scene from Project Gotham Racing. lol

This was my first time in Vegas too, didn't think it would be that cool in terms of the car scene.

Just this morning we were taking pictures at the sign at the south end of the strip and a fncking F-Type launches off from the nearby traffic light, I almost pissed my pants at the glorious sound of that thing. Hell last night at the top of Paris I still could hear them V8's and superbikes drive by in a thunderous roar.

I really wanted to just chill at the walkway connecting America and MGM the entire trip as that seemed to be the hotspot for the cool cars.

Hmm, I think I would rather have a gaggle of nifty cars that add up to a million rather than 1 but if it had to be one then I would probably pick the 918 Spyder at msrp (yeah that's cheating a little bit but hey, this is fantasy, right?)

If done this way...

2016 Miata
Merc AMG G65
911 R
4-rotor RX-7
F-Type SVR
F-150 Raptor
Testarossa

Idk what else lol. Maybe I'll re-do this list tomorrow?

boltz

Gaf, if you could suddenly buy any car sub $1m, what would it be?

Personally, I'm a fan of owning one car that can do it all (ie 4 drs for toting my family around), so off the top of my head that would include the AMG E63 S wagon, Panamera, and a Raptor Supercrew.

Subjective? Come on.

The GT86 is subjective. Manuals are not.

? I meant that the reason manuals even still exist (speaking from a US market perspective) is because of a subjective quality.

Futaba

? I meant that the reason manuals even still exist (speaking from a US market perspective) is because of a subjective quality.
They exist because there's still a large market for them, personally I would take manual over automatic just for the ability to make use of engine braking and having full control over which gear i'm in on hills, alone.
Less of an issue if you have paddle shifters to go along with the AT, but not many AT vehicles come with paddle shifters.

Dude tried to pull a Chris Harris in his new Ford Focus RS and test out the Drift Mode. It didn't end well for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOelONV_unQ

I like how that one car in the convoy is all *nopes backwards slowly*

Honestly while dramatic, it wasn't that bad of a crash, he'll likely have some nasty dent to the rocker panel and need a bit of bodypanel work, perhaps a new front bumper, but at least by the time the engine was pointed at the wall it had already mostly come to a stop.
Not going to be cheap given the age of the car but hey, that's the risk you take! could have been far worse though.

<edit>
tefzfvz.jpg

Yep, rocker panel took the brunt of the landing, going to need to cut that out and weld in a new one, check chassis alignment, slight offset on door suggests possible twist but also may just be the damage to the door shifting its location, door could be fixed by a good body shop but would just be easier to replace, same for front bumper, rear quater panel looks like a fairly standard bodyshop fix.

As for million lists? the only car on my million list would be a DeTomaso Pantera GT5

the funny thing about that spot is the many people drive up that mountain thinking its a great driving road when its the total opposite. everyone is driving like 20mph, old dudes on motorcycles, and that turn is usually backed up as people take it at 10mph. no real esses anywhere either.

and as for the RS, its funny how all the initial hype about its capabilities has turned into criticism.
rear diff overheats at the track after a few laps.
much less HP than advertised.
understeers in drift mode.

GHG

Dude tried to pull a Chris Harris in his new Ford Focus RS and test out the Drift Mode. It didn't end well for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOelONV_unQ

When I saw the thumbnail I was all like "noooo" and then I saw it... Wow is all I have to say.

Even if you want to attempt something like that (he shouldn't have), he came into the corner way too hot. Guy clearly had no idea what he was doing.

Anyway, my million list would be:

Lexus LFA
911 Targa GTS (991)
Mercedes GLA 45 AMG
Audi R8 v10 plus
Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale
Ferrari FF
Mercedes S63 AMG coupe

Might be a bit over budget with all of that, I hasn't bothered to add it up but If I am get rid of the GLA.

matmanx1

I like it.

Weekends: Singer 911, 911RS, 650S
Daily: Macan S Diesel, 1M/135i
Winter Beaters: Focus RS, V60 Polestar
Hauling duty: Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie

-------------------------------------------------

On a slightly related note, over the past few weeks I've driven a few things in my budget for our second car. I had my list narrowed down to: G35/37 Coupe, BRZ/FRS, 128i, 135i, RX8, and 328i X Drive (E90). I'm pretty much sold on the 128i. I know what to look for, I know what I'm getting into. The 135i I like more, obviously, but not enough to warrant more expensive fixes and a higher entry price. I think the 128i might be the best kept secret when it comes to affordable fun coupes. Less weight than the 135i, hydraulic steering, great sounding engine, super reliable engine, and a very simple interior that has everything you need in a driver's car.

I know matmanx hasn't had a great experience, but that sort of stuff isn't as big of a deal for me as I'd only be putting 4-6k miles a year on it.

If the manual didn't feel like shit, I would have opted for the G35/37, as I'm familiar with the longevity of that engine from my EX35. The 1 series just felt so damn good. I'd like a slightly tighter shifter, and the suspension tightened up a bit as it'd be a second car.

Also, just passed 6k miles on the 2500 Cummins. Thing just devours miles, moves anyone out of the way, and is so comfy. I did 12 hours of driving in one day, barely any fatigue at all. The road presence is pretty great too.

Ooh, I like the Polestar pick. Good choice. Regarding the 128i, just make sure you take a look at those spots on the motor that like to leak. The actual engine is reliable but for some reason the gasket life is fairly poor in certain areas.

Also, either get one with the sport suspension or plan on upgrading all of it. The base 128i has too much body roll and is pretty soft and understeer prone without upgrades. And while you are at it, the stock seats (unless you get the better sport pckg seats) don't do a good job of holding you in while cornering.

No doubt, the 128i is a great platform for a fun car but for me as a daily driver with 70k + miles it was just too much trouble. I hope you find a good one and enjoy it.

How my 86 currently sits (or at least as of the last time I took a decent shot of it), added yellow runduce 6 pot calipers and 365mm rotors to the front since, in prep for FI.
s8Cel4i.jpg

Love the wheels, man. Those are great.

When I saw the thumbnail I was all like "noooo" and then I saw it... Wow is all I have to say.

Even if you want to attempt something like that (he shouldn't have), he came into the corner way too hot. Guy clearly had no idea what he was doing.

Lexus LFA
911 Targa GTS (991)
Mercedes GLA 45 AMG
Audi R8 v10 plus
Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale
Ferrari FF
Mercedes S63 AMG coupe

Might be a bit over budget with all of that, I hasn't bothered to add it up but If I am get rid of the GLA.

LFA! Totally forgot about that one. Yeah, I think I am going to need to yank something off the list and put the LFA in there.

Guys I have a flat on my GLK 350 and need to replace the front left tire. The garage is quoting me 275$ + tax for the tire.

Since the car is a all wheel drive, should I replace both front tires or I'm good with just replacing the left flat one? I really want to avoid spending money as much as I can.

Futaba

Guys I have a flat on my GLK 350 and need to replace the front left tire. The garage is quoting me 275$ + tax for the tire.

Since the car is a all wheel drive, should I replace both front tires or I'm good with just replacing the left flat one? I really want to avoid spending money as much as I can.

Wont make much difference unless you're past 35-50% wear on the other, it's only really a difference of a few mm, the new tyre would wear ever so slightly faster until the radial difference equalizes a little but we're talking negligable differences here.

If you want to go with both, try knocking them down on a pair, they're usually pretty flexible on multiples so say something along the lines of "could you do both fronts for $500?" (saves you $50), if they say yes, wait until after the deals been made to tell them you want to keep the non-flat tyre theyre changing, and use that as a backup for the future, normally they will accept a deal on the unspoken assumption that they'll get to keep the one they swap out, and sell it on as part worn somewhere down the line - it being unspoken works to your advantage here.

Asking for part worn outright for just the flat is probably not an option as it's not a popular type.

I always love selling cars, its so much fun.

Its never just a bunch of people low-balling the shit out of you or offering trades on some piece of shit.

mkenyon

Banned
For the detailing fans in this thread, Countach 40 Hour Paint Correction.
I understood. What I mean, is that if you want more than a transportation appliance, a manual transmission isn't really a subjective benefit. It's like saying that good pedal and steering feel are subjective.

Lexus LFA
How could I forget about this one? Would do it just for the noise alone.

Its never just a bunch of people low-balling the shit out of you or offering trades on some piece of shit.

I learned this lesson 20 years ago when attempting to unload a Neon to a private party. Buyer's bank was the same as my loan was through, but he tried to change the deal while we were sitting down at the bank and he had his wife and kids with him (they really needed the car). He eventually caved and stuck to the original terms we had agreed on.

Ever since then? Trade-in or drive it into the ground and donate. My time and safety are absolutely worth the $1-2k difference.

Open_Speed

Neo Member
the funny thing about that spot is the many people drive up that mountain thinking its a great driving road when its the total opposite. everyone is driving like 20mph, old dudes on motorcycles, and that turn is usually backed up as people take it at 10mph. no real esses anywhere either.

and as for the RS, its funny how all the initial hype about its capabilities has turned into criticism.
rear diff overheats at the track after a few laps.
much less HP than advertised.
understeers in drift mode.

As a current Evo IX owner, I've had a soft spot for the RS, since it seems like the spiritual successor to the Evo. Is that not the case?

matt farah sold his after about a month lol and i've read nothing but negativity about it for the past month or so.

do your research if you want one.

mkenyon

Banned
matt farah sold his after about a month lol and i've read nothing but negativity about it for the past month or so.

do your research if you want one.
You can't follow this very deceitful evidence with, "do your research"

Farah sold it because it's such an amazing car that wants to be driven fast, and he only averages 13 mph (or was it 6?), because of how shitty LA traffic is. He can't justify owning it as his DD, despite how much he loves it as a performer.

plz

Farah sold it because it's such an amazing car that wants to be driven fast, and he only averages 13 mph (or was it 6?), because of how shitty LA traffic is. He can't justify owning it as his DD, despite how much he loves it as a performer.

plz

what a swerve...

boltz

They exist because there's still a large market for them, personally I would take manual over automatic just for the ability to make use of engine braking and having full control over which gear i'm in on hills, alone.
Less of an issue if you have paddle shifters to go along with the AT, but not many AT vehicles come with paddle shifters.

Honestly while dramatic, it wasn't that bad of a crash, he'll likely have some nasty dent to the rocker panel and need a bit of bodypanel work, perhaps a new front bumper, but at least by the time the engine was pointed at the wall it had already mostly come to a stop.
Not going to be cheap given the age of the car but hey, that's the risk you take! could have been far worse though.

<edit>
tefzfvz.jpg

Yep, rocker panel took the brunt of the landing, going to need to cut that out and weld in a new one, check chassis alignment, slight offset on door suggests possible twist but also may just be the damage to the door shifting its location, door could be fixed by a good body shop but would just be easier to replace, same for front bumper, rear quater panel looks like a fairly standard bodyshop fix.

As for million lists? the only car on my million list would be a DeTomaso Pantera GT5

Sadly, in the US, manuals make up a single digit percent of all new car sales, so they are a niche market. And with increasing fuel economy targets and safety standards (I can see automatic emergency braking being mandated one day), there's not much room for manuals in the future.

And although that dude in the RS drove like a total idiot, I can't help but feel a little bad for him for doing that kind of damage to a beautiful new car.

For the detailing fans in this thread, Countach 40 Hour Paint Correction.

I understood. What I mean, is that if you want more than a transportation appliance, a manual transmission isn't really a subjective benefit. It's like saying that good pedal and steering feel are subjective.

How could I forget about this one? Would do it just for the noise alone.

I see what you are getting at and agree from that perspective, but I guess what I was getting at was that the level of driving engagement people care about is subjective.

As a current Evo IX owner, I've had a soft spot for the RS, since it seems like the spiritual successor to the Evo. Is that not the case?

From what I've read and watched, it seems to be a blend of the Golf R and Evo X. But as much as I'd love to own one, I've learn to not jump in on cars in their first year of existence or redesign.

plz

That's an excuse I expect from someone who just bought a STI and hates it after a month because it's too raw, not a guy who drives hundreds of cars a year and knows what he's buying.

Regardless I listed other reasons. Do your research into em.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

<edit>
tefzfvz.jpg

That's a total loss, in the United States. It was a bad crash. Every single airbag deployed in the car, and that right there is anywhere between $10-15K alone. Hell, the car went airbone. And it sure looks like it landed on the transmission casing, due to the way the asphalt just ends and drops off to the sand. That's definitely damaged as well. The body panels are rare and bespoke, and paint and labor in the US is very expensive ($145 an hour just for labor). I had much, much less in my Jaguar 4 years ago after a side swipe, and that ran the insurance company $30K with no airbags deployed.

This thing is totaled.

That's a total loss, in the United States. It was a bad crash. Every single airbag deployed in the car, and that right there is anywhere between $10-15K alone. Hell, the car went airbone. And it sure looks like it landed on the transmission casing, due to the way the asphalt just ends and drops off to the sand. That's definitely damaged as well. The body panels are rare and bespoke, and paint and labor in the US is very expensive ($145 an hour just for labor). I had much, much less in my Jaguar 4 years ago after a side swipe, and that ran the insurance company $30K with no airbags deployed.

This thing is totaled.

Yeah no doubt about it.

golem

That's an excuse I expect from someone who just bought a STI and hates it after a month because it's too raw, not a guy who drives hundreds of cars a year and knows what he's buying.

Yeah I consider automotive journalists to be on par with videogame journalists. Half the time they're too busy trying not to bite the hand that feeds them that they wont give you an honest opinion. Matt probably doesn't want to piss off whomever at Ford hooked him up with the allocation.

This thing is totaled.

Thanks for spelling out what the "it'll buff out!" crowd refuse to believe. Car is toast; some scrapyard will gleefully part the working bits out for a profit.

mkenyon

Banned

This is probably one of the best writeups I've seen:

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/20801-2016-rs-track-car-fast-but-flaws-real.html

I hadn't heard about the power issue though. Does one full power pull on the dyno, then drops power? Super weird.

FWIW, the way he talked about it on his podcast, he was just too in love with the car, and realized that he made a mistake after. Farah doesn't sugar coat it, so I don't think it's a situation where he was saving face with Ford.

ameratsu

s8Cel4i.jpg

Your car is looking great my man! I'm in for pictures once you install that BBK.

It's always a good time. Just stick with it, and don't drop your bottom line price for NO ONE! It was quite the experience when I was selling my old S15. Lots of hopes, dreams, and "do you do payment plans" initially. I sold it in a few weeks, but my God.. I don't want to have to do that again any damn time soon.

Did I just read that the last of the EVO X's don't come with recaro's?
WTF.

I believe the Japanese "Final Edition" comes with them. It's strange that the NA market did not receive the same treatment.

It's always a good time. Just stick with it, and don't drop your bottom line price for NO ONE! It was quite the experience when I was selling my old S15. Lots of hopes, dreams, and "do you do payment plans" initially. I sold it in a few weeks, but my God.. I don't want to have to do that again any damn time soon.

I believe the Japanese "Final Edition" comes with them. It's strange that the NA market did not receive the same treatment.

I need to get a couple more posts on EVOM before I list it up. Only keeping it on CL is killing me at the moment. Need a wider audience.

Still so strange that they would leave it out of an almost 40k dollar car.

Futaba

This thing is totaled.
I disagree with some of this, yes the airbags are all shot and expensive to replace since to do it right you'd also have to replace the burst panels that cover them too, though you could just cut them out, throw on some resistors to trick the ECU and carefully glue the burst panels shut too (no idea if that's actually legal in the US but removing airbags hasn't been an issue for me in the past) Yes, it's not as safe but if you're rocking a budget rebuild it's an option.

It's unlikely that much if any damage was caused to the transmission casing, on this particular vehicle they're tucked deep in the transmission tunnel behind the exhaust, and the bulk of the transmission casing is far enough forward that the landing position would have, at worst, crushed the exhaust and maybe contacted the driveshaft, and even if it had landed square on the driveshaft, i'll see if i can rustle up a picture of the RS's belly

<edit>
ah here we go:

focus-rs-095.jpg

Would had to have crushed the exhaust and put a sizable dent across the floor panles and transmission tunnel to have hit the driveshaft, but quite far off from hitting the trans casing.
</edit>

As for panels and paint, as well as labor, I never said it would be cheap, just that it's repairable in the right hands, If i walked into a scrap yard and saw it in that condition i'd probably pick it up to throw around the mountain roads. But yes, if the owner wanted to get it looking brand new again, financially it's a write off because no insurer is going to pay to get that back like-new, but to an outsider who isn't invested in it's original condition and the financials that go with it, getting it in a drivable state to have some fun in wouldn't be that major an undertaking.

For cosmetics like the front bumper, if you're willing to dig a little it isn't too hard to find the parts, like this full front bumper in the right color for $175 damaged but potentially damaged-less than the one on the car currently, very easy to fixyourself, or a full rear bumper for $357, The doors are going to be harder to find for the time being and you would have no choice but to buy or fabricate rocker panels yourself, and the oem rims are as good as coasters too, but to someone looking to get it 'something-like' on a much lower budget than the insurer would say it'll cost, it's possible.

The other benefit is, because it's a sporty hatchback and basically all come in that blue, give it 4 or 5 months and spare parts won't be that much of a nightmare to find as other drivers such as him write them off in weird and wonderful ways.

Perhaps i'm just jaded on the subject because around here as long as the engine's still in the chassis and the wheels are still round enough to roll, it's usually back on the mountain roads the following week, so jaded by that and my first ever car being one I bolted together from a mishmash of parts in my teens! (i'm very, very jaded, i'll rebuild just about anything :p)

boltz

Did I just read that the last of the EVO X's don't come with recaro's?
WTF.

Still standard on Canadian EVOs

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/en/vehicle/specifications/lancer-evolution/2015/trims/gsr/
Appears to come standard on the Canadian Final Edition as well, but can't find a spec sheet for it

Apparently they took out the Recaros for 2015 because there was an issue with side airbag impact performance. When I first found that out I felt a little concern, but if it's good enough for the Japanese and Canadians, then it's good enough for me. I guess that's what happens when you don't update a car for 7 years.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I disagree with some of this, yes the airbags are all shot and expensive to replace, but it's unlikely that much if any damage was caused to the transmission casing, on this particular vehicle they're tucked deep in the transmission tunnel behind the exhaust, and the bulk of the transmission casing is far enough forward that the landing position would have, at worst, crushed the exhaust and maybe contacted the driveshaft, and even if it had landed square on the driveshaft, i'll see if i can rustle up a picture of the RS's belly

<edit>
ah here we go:

focus-rs-095.jpg

Would had to have crushed the exhaust and put a sizable dent across the floor panles and transmission tunnel to have hit the driveshaft, but quite far off from hitting the trans casing.
</edit>

As for panels and paint, as well as labor, I never said it would be cheap, just that it's repairable in the right hands, If i walked into a scrap yard and saw it in that condition i'd probably pick it up to throw around the mountain roads. But yes, if the owner wanted to get it looking brand new again, financially it's a write off because no insurer is going to pay to get that back like-new, but to an outsider who isn't invested in it's original condition and the financials that go with it, getting it in a drivable state to have some fun in wouldn't be that major an undertaking.

For cosmetics like the front bumper, if you're willing to dig a little it isn't too hard to find the parts, like this full front bumper in the right color for $175 damaged but potentially damaged-less than the one on the car currently, very easy to fixyourself, or a full rear bumper for $357, The doors are going to be harder to find for the time being and you would have no choice but to buy or fabricate rocker panels yourself, and the oem rims are as good as coasters too, but to someone looking to get it 'something-like' on a much lower budget than the insurer would say it'll cost, it's possible.

The other benefit is, because it's a sporty hatchback and basically all come in that blue, give it 4 or 5 months and spare parts won't be that much of a nightmare to find as other drivers such as him write them off in weird and wonderful ways.

Perhaps i'm just jaded on the subject because around here as long as the engine's still in the chassis and the wheels are still round enough to roll, it's usually back on the mountain roads the following week.

Trans doesn't look that deep to me, personally. The suspension easily compressed enough to ding it and hit the shaft, which could've bent the crap out of it. Either way, in the US that's a total loss and has no value. It'll end up at an auction as a salvage car for either parts, or will be bought cheap to be rebuilt by someone. But as it is now, it will be totaled by the insurance company as a 'new' car.

Futaba

Trans doesn't look that deep to me, personally. The suspension easily compressed enough to ding it and hit the shaft, which could've bent the crap out of it. Either way, in the US that's a total loss and has no value. It'll end up at an auction as a salvage car for either parts, or will be bought cheap to be rebuilt by someone. But as it is now, it will be totaled by the insurance company as a 'new' car.

I need to move my ass to the US and buy these things up, I love a good rebuild

Agreed. I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole. No telling what's bent out of shape, apart from all the other stuff.

FStop7

Banned
It's crazy how the F40's value has blown up over the past 10 years. They were in the $300k range and now they're at a mil.

That's the car I would probably take, a very late production model as there were a lot of fixes and improvements made over the run.

Crazy, but not that crazy when you think about it. Those cars are irreplaceable and so much more fun than their modern equivalents. + I think a million is not that big a hurdle for the type of people that are in the market for such vehicles anyway (the filthy rich with damn good taste).

Top Bottom