• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

golem

Ya thanks I'm sorry too. It's going to be a while to sort things out with insurance I guess. So in the meantime just drive my beater e30. I was just browsing ebay and came upon this e92 M3, didn't know they were so cheap...
I went from a Stage 3 B5 S4 to an E92 M3, worthwhile upgrade! Actually I still have the B5, one day it shall ride again.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
They were all coincidences. I wasn't purposely stalking the guy. We're in a small city outside of Orlando, home to professional athletes and celebrities. This kind of stuff is normal where you're always running into the same people over and over again. One road takes you into and out of the area. These run ins are spread apart by a total of 10 weeks or so. I also don't think he's using perks, he's a high ranking guy. Perks won't get you cars shipped 1000 miles away. He most likely is field testing, but seems to have a remote position where he's working out of Florida.

By the 3rd time we spoke though, he was actually pretty nice. He was comfortable enough to tell me the GTS was his and the backstory. He just smiled when the light turned green and we didn't want to hold up traffic so we couldn't get into his job title and such. Said have a nice night and off we went.

Ah, I understand now. Yeah, I've lived in areas like that. I'm not as familiar with the auto industry, but I've seen some interesting justifications for some of the things given or done for high enough execs/managers.

I see, it was just the way it was written then. I have a few friends and acquaintances in CSI or who have concerns because their jobs upset some fringe aspects, so my view of strangers maybe a bit pessimistic lol.

Evo X

Warning: Pic heavy post. RIP mobile users.

Pretty good turnout at today's car meet, despite the rainy weather. This was only a small portion of it. Tons of other cars I didn't take any pics of.

inb4 Alpha says his mailman actually drives a Koenigsegg One:1

20161002_100630n3sj7.png

20161002_100657pisxx.png

20161002_100712mbs0i.png

20161002_100740pps94.jpg

20161002_101026wis93.png

20161002_100747cpk51.png

20161002_100754aej8k.png

20161002_101140jrk07.png

20161002_101148c0krc.png

20161002_104649drkd8.png

20161002_111547xkkhl.png

20161002_1121151ujlp.png

20161002_121755cwkhu.png

Cast your vote for best license plate of show!

bjork

Congrats on the Z. I had a 2006 and loved it dearly. It was so damn reliable. But yes, this is an issue some people have on both older 350Zs and G35s.

http://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...-for-gas-gauge-fluctuations-hard-to-fill.html

The pump shut off and the fluctuating gasoline reading aren't exactly related. The down angle of the tank is what causes the gasoline to splash on the pump nozzle and trigger the shut off. Some pumps did it, some didn't. It was always annoying for me. I found that pumping the gas slowly prevented the splashing and shutting off.

Thanks for the link, gonna definitely look into this if it persists.

I tried pumping with the nozzle upside down, and that seemed to work okay as far as not shutting off, but it feels so unnatural that I will try the slow normal method next time, heh.

No Love

Banned
Hey thanks, I remember your silver stage 3 s4. I'm feeling mostly ok, I've developed some splitting headaches and back pain though. I had that car for 6 years so it's sad to lose her, but she may live on as an organ donor.

Thanks man. I thought I'd have the car forever so I'm kinda bummed about it. Even had funds reserved to buy larger turbos and supporting mods this black friday.

Thanks bruh :)

Ya thanks I'm sorry too. It's going to be a while to sort things out with insurance I guess. So in the meantime just drive my beater e30. I was just browsing ebay and came upon this e92 M3, didn't know they were so cheap...

Thank you, and that's the same exact reason why I never wanted to own a bike.

I still have the silver Stage 3 S4 if you want it. Since you already have a silver S4 you can just buy it back from insurance and keep it as a parts car. My S4 is already fully modded, has K04 turbos, coilovers, etc. It used to even have 911 GT3 seats in it lol.

I haven't done anything with it, no time, and it makes me sad that it doesn't get driven. Just wanna sell it and put a supercharger on the M5.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Warning: Pic heavy post. RIP mobile users.

Pretty good turnout at today's car meet, despite the rainy weather. This was only a small portion of it. Tons of other cars I didn't take any pics of.

inb4 Alpha says his mailman actually drives a Koenigsegg One:1

Cast your vote for best license plate of show!

You are such a petty little kid that it's comical you have to bring my name up to validate yourself. I make conversational statements that you take as attacks or slights. You have insecurity issues you need to work out.

But IDGAF. And I'll still say it: that One:1 was in Florida this past August. Made tons of appearances at shows, C&Cs, dealers, etc.
Would you like to demand the names of people who saw it? Demand the names of dealerships who had it so you can call them to validate all of this?

No Love

Banned
You are such a petty little kid that it's comical you have to bring my name up to validate yourself. I make conversational statements that you take as attacks or slights. You have insecurity issues you need to work out.

But IDGAF. And I'll still say it: that One:1 was in Florida this past August. Made tons of appearances at shows, C&Cs, dealers, etc.
Would you like to demand the names of people who saw it? Demand the names of dealerships who had it so you can call them to validate all of this?

Lmao god damn!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

crazyprac

Ahhh good thing this thread got updated, quick question: I've been troubleshooting why my battery and oil lights randomly flickers, ive checked battery and alternator and they check out. Oil level is good, I have it analyze from time to time. The only thing I've changed this past year was converting to e85 and installing ebc, fuel pump, and a tune for it. Nothing much as I wanted to get used to running e85 all year round. I live in MD and I noticed the problems started when summer came around. Can the seasonal change in e85 mess with the tune? I can in situations create a bit of backfire now than before. Oh and theres also a P0662 code that's been there since the tune. I don't want to derail the thread from what's happening above so PM will be welcome :)

Drive: evo 9

Evo X

You took an innocuous jab way too seriously and turned it personal.

That post says a lot more about you than it does me.

I'm not about to get into an insult war with you. If my posts set you off that badly, feel free to add me to your ignore list and move on with your life.

AlphaSnake

I'm not about to get into an insult war with you. If my posts set you off that badly, feel free to add me to your ignore list and move on with your life.

Believe me, myself and a few others are having laughs about this right now. A lot of crying-laugh emojis have been used.

No Love

Banned
Ahhh good thing this thread got updated, quick question: I've been troubleshooting why my battery and oil lights randomly flickers, ive checked battery and alternator and they check out. Oil level is good, I have it analyze from time to time. The only thing I've changed this past year was converting to e85 and installing ebc, fuel pump, and a tune for it. Nothing much as I wanted to get used to running e85 all year round. I live in MD and I noticed the problems started when summer came around. Can the seasonal change in e85 mess with the tune? I can in situations create a bit of backfire now than before. Oh and theres also a P0662 code that's been there since the tune. I don't want to derail the thread from what's happening above so PM will be welcome :)

Drive: evo 9

Yes. It does change seasonally, big issue with E85 on the East Coast. You need your tune adjusted or a Flex Fuel setup. They have Flex Fuel on stock ECU now. Rick @ RRE/Rallinspired does it for example.

matmanx1

Ji8ywZh.jpg

Just got my first BMW :) 2016 228i 6MT with the Tech/Nav package, Comfort package, 18" alloys in Deep Sea Blue Metallic. Really happy with the turbo I-4 in this thing.

I've wanted a 1-series for a long time, and now the 228i was just the thing to scratch that itch. I know the 230i are now in the wild, but I'm glad I got the 4 year maintenance plan with the 228 and I got a great deal on it also.

I'll take better pictures today; this one was taken as I was picking it up from detailing at 8pm last night. Cheers!

Congrats! Great looking car.

AlphaSnake

Futaba

You guys see the two mustang douches add to the meme this weekend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk5TddBBmNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeAUN2s2nus
This pretty much the car version of 'talk shit, get hit"

It amazes me that people can lose it so dramatically on a relatively dry day, at relatively low speed, on a straight wide road to such a degree
It's interesting to watch such crashes though, you can tell alot about a drivers skill or lack there-of from wheel direction and engine tone.

burgerdog

OMG. That poor Shelby! And those kids must be traumatized now too!

I found the full video with sound and all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGQ4jiC4HmU&ab_channel=Ghaemi

What an asshat to clown around like that. Ugh.

Edit: Even better angle. From start to finish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM3ZId63tM0&ab_channel=HighTechCorvette

The fact that there are people defending this jackass on those YT pages makes me lose hope for humanity.

On the other hand, goddamn... Houston gotta Houston I guess. I feel like I was a Worldstar video... must be that swamp-ass getting to them lol.

Futaba

The fact that there are people defending this jackass on those YT pages makes me lose hope for humanity.

On the other hand, goddamn... Houston gotta Houston I guess. I feel like I was a Worldstar video... must be that swamp-ass getting to them lol.
I especially like the 'you talk shit but can you afford that car?' As if you need to be able to afford something to call an ass an ass

Also my personal opinion that the Koenigsegg is and always has been the runt of the litter visually, so uninspired and, well.. Flatout ugly, like if i had never seen one before and you told me it was a toyota MR2 with a replica kit ..very loosely based off of a mcclaren, i'd probably believe you.

GHG

Believe me, myself and a few others are having laughs about this right now. A lot of crying-laugh emojis have been used.

I sometimes can't tell if you two are joking or being serious. But whatever it is, feel free to carry on. It's entertaining.

We should organise a Porsche vs Jaguar pink slip race between the two of you to settle it once and for all.

matmanx1

This past week in North Georgia has been absolutely stellar for top-down driving. Afternoons have been upper 70's to low 80's with very low humidity and I have immensely enjoyed it.

I went for a drive yesterday afternoon and it was relaxing and invigorating all at the same time. I thought about taking some pictures to post here but we are in the middle of a severe drought and everything is very brown. Once the scenery improves a bit I think I will share some images of the cool little back roads around here.

Funny thing is, before the MX-5 I would have told you straight up that I was not a convertible person. As it turns out, it just took the right convertible to change my mind.

OMG. That poor Shelby! And those kids must be traumatized now too!

I found the full video with sound and all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGQ4jiC4HmU&ab_channel=Ghaemi

What an asshat to clown around like that. Ugh.

Edit: Even better angle. From start to finish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM3ZId63tM0&ab_channel=HighTechCorvette

Houston C&C gets that many people?

Houston C&C is pretty crowded, lots of people go. They currently just moved to this new location (a mall) and meets have only been here since June. People like that mustang driver is one of the reasons Houston C&C stopped for a good while.

Smokey

I think I'm actually more annoyed at the spectators in the second video. Cheering and trailing with cameras rolling. Sure the driver's a fucking idiot, but rejoicing at someone else's stupidity makes you look like an ass as well.

Literally was just about to post about the people running to clown the driver. Nobody offered to see of dude was alright 😂

Zyzyxxz

Dam shit got serious fast between Snake and Evo or are you guys joking? Either way it pointless arguing as the title of this thread suggest.

Going to look at a 2000 Z3 2.3 after work today.

Not the most exciting car but its cheap, low miles, and was owned by an old lady that can't drive it anymore.

I would use it for my daily and finally retire one of my e36s.

mkenyon

Banned
I haven't done anything with it, no time, and it makes me sad that it doesn't get driven. Just wanna sell it and put a supercharger on the M5.
Supposedly a lot of those NA tunes help the feel immensely. I can't comment either way because I've only driven mine with the Powerchips tune.

Might look into that route before you go balls deep on FI. I mean, I feel zero need to improve power. Only things I'm looking at is a suspension refresh and better dampers, then maybe tighten up the transmission mounts, maybe a short shift kit, and then likely a muffler delete. Then a wrap. Then an android auto setup and likely new speakers. Then..... okay, I see why people are saying they are money pits now. Worth.

On TST One Take with the E39 M5, the guy recommends getting an E60 OEM short shifter kit. I was gonna stop by the BMW dealer and put in an order for one, because apparently they're not too expensive.
Going to look at a 2000 Z3 2.3 after work today.

Not the most exciting car but its cheap, low miles, and was owned by an old lady that can't drive it anymore.

I would use it for my daily and finally retire one of my e36s.
I hear nothing but good things about those. I'd say do it.

Supposedly a lot of those NA tunes help the feel immensely. I can't comment either way because I've only driven mine with the Powerchips tune.

Might look into that route before you go balls deep on FI. I mean, I feel zero need to improve power. Only things I'm looking at is a suspension refresh and better dampers, then maybe tighten up the transmission mounts, maybe a short shift kit, and then likely a muffler delete. Then a wrap. Then an android auto setup and likely new speakers. Then..... okay, I see why people are saying they are money pits now. Worth.

On TST One Take with the E39 M5, the guy recommends getting an E60 OEM short shifter kit. I was gonna stop by the BMW dealer and put in an order for one, because apparently they're not too expensive.

I hear nothing but good things about those. I'd say do it.

Are you talking about the ZHP shifter? Thats what ive got in my E36 M3, but I think the real upgrade is the shifter in the F10 M5. Ive got that in my E92 M3 and it feels fantastic.

The only thing i don't like about the Z3 is the red interior on white exterior.

Smokey

Maybe Evo likes to egg on Alpha and maybe Alpha has some unknown reason for clapping back? Who knows!

I'm just here with my popcorn

How the hell does Mercedes get away with charging $2500 for the sunroof to change color???

That "Magic Sky Control" is cool as fnck but not at that price. But more importantly, why the fnck do you need that for an SL550? It's already a damn convertible lol.

Edit: drove said car to the gas startion(for gas obviously lol) and I understand why it exists. It basically reduces the sunlight so it wouldn't heat up with the top up.

Also, the stares you get with this thing is insane. I kinda look like shit since I've got my work clothes on but that doesn't stop people from judging you haha.

mkenyon

Banned
How the hell does Mercedes get away with charging $2500 for the sunroof to change color???

That "Magic Sky Control" is cool as fnck but not at that price. But more importantly, why the fnck do you need that for an SL550? It's already a damn convertible lol.

Edit: drove said car to the gas startion(for gas obviously lol) and I understand why it exists. It basically reduces the sunlight so it wouldn't heat up with the top up.

Also, the stares you get with this thing is insane. I kinda look like shit since I've got my work clothes on but that doesn't stop people from judging you haha.

My mailman drives an SL550. It's overpriced compared to what you'd get from Jaguar.

I also drove my brother's for awhile, AMA.

Smokey

You bought a SL550?

My mailman drives an SL550. It's overpriced compared to what you'd get from Jaguar.

I also drove my brother's for awhile, AMA.

Your mailman? What in the fnck... my mailman's wife has a Miata and I only know coz he's seen me so many times wash it in my driveway that he came up to me one time and asked about the car. A couple of weeks later, he bought one lol.

You bought a SL550?

Lol nah. Let's just say I get to play with them at work.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Your mailman? What in the fnck... my mailman's wife has a Miata and I only know coz he's seen me so many times wash it in my driveway that he came up to me one time and asked about the car. A couple of weeks later, he bought one lol.

mkenyon is playing on the joke argument between Evo and Alpha.

FStop7

Banned

Because that shit all gets leased and $2500 doesn't move the needle of a lease payment very much.

FStop7

Banned
If someone cares so much about what car was sitting in what showroom why not just call the dealership. Or ask on Rennlist. There are plenty of people on there who would be invited to that sort of event or at least they'd be aware of it.

mkenyon is playing on the joke argument between Evo and Alpha.

Goddammit lol.

This is what I get for GAF'ing at work.

Because that shit all gets leased and $2500 doesn't move the needle of a lease payment very much.

Oh yeah that's true. I'm sitting at my desk right now and my boss is listening to a Manheim auction.

AutoGAF Civil War LOL.....

So since Alpha has a British car, is he Captain America? Coz you know... Chris Evans?

Evo X seems like he'd also be the perfect fit for Tony lol.

AlphaSnake

If someone cares so much about what car was sitting in what showroom why not just call the dealership. Or ask on Rennlist. There are plenty of people on there who would be invited to that sort of event or at least they'd be aware of it.

I've buried it and let it go. Let's move on. It was an innocent remark about someone else seeing one sitting on the other side of the country that somehow turned into a storm.

If this pissing contest never occurred, I'd have shared some videos of a pre-production car I actually got to drive early in the morning. Otherwise, sharing them right now seems reactionist. So I'll hold off.

But I've shared them with some folks here via text. They know what it is. But for those who don't...it's got a V12.

Guess away.

Top Bottom