• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

TylerD

You guys may remember Nick Murray, the Kiwi that had all the problems with his 991 911 Carrera S. He recently took delivery of his Sakhir Orange on Silverstone leather M4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_MfJElYmlg

Tonight he just posted his review of his loaner 320xdrive because something was malfunctioning with his airbag system on the M4...

I hope he doesn't have a long string of issues with the M. Love that color though.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Just went to my dealer to put a deposit down on a 392 Scat Pack Shaker. They didn't even know how to place the order. Sigh....
I think that's because the Shaker is a late-availability option that won't be there until early '15.

The B5 Blue and Redline 3 colors won't be available until the fall, as well.

hwalker84

I think that's because the Shaker is a late-availability option that won't be there until early '15.

The B5 Blue and Redline 3 colors won't be available until the fall, as well.

They didn't know how to do anything. Not just what I wanted. Said they'll call me next week when one of the managers who knows what he's doing or has proper access gets back from vacation.

J-Rzez

That's cool... I guess I'm kinda the same. I've got a 3" from the turbo to a duel 4" exhaust system on my Silvia. Thank God it doesn't drone HAHA...

Oh and my friend has that Tomei Ti exhaust on his GTR, and it sounds AMAZING!

Yeah, I heard it before so that's what caught my attention, along with it's looks, and that it's a driver side out. I just hope it holds up well in these dumb NE winters. I mean, it's a Ti infused exhaust, so technically it should hold up fine. I'm just worried about those silly spring sealers rotting out. I might have to put an extra band on there just to be safe.

Have any sound clips of your Silvia?

ALSO:

Anyone here good with photoshop? Would love to see how these colors would pull off. So the 2015 WR Blue WRX with these on it:
velvet-carmine_425x394_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

They are Gram Lights 57Xtreme Velvet in Red. It's a "flat"-like red so I'm hoping I could pull it off. Would do some black and red trim to make up the start contrast.

Yeah, I heard it before so that's what caught my attention, along with it's looks, and that it's a driver side out. I just hope it holds up well in these dumb NE winters. I mean, it's a Ti infused exhaust, so technically it should hold up fine. I'm just worried about those silly spring sealers rotting out. I might have to put an extra band on there just to be safe.

Have any sound clips of your Silvia?

ALSO:

Anyone here good with photoshop? Would love to see how these colors would pull off. So the 2015 WR Blue WRX with these on it:

They are Gram Lights 57Xtreme Velvet in Red. It's a "flat"-like red so I'm hoping I could pull it off. Would do some black and red trim to make up the start contrast.

Aren't they already black and red? Or do you want Scooby Gold? I can try to mess with it in PS.

J-Rzez

I have a small start up and rev clip on my instagram Here...

Sounds great!

Aren't they already black and red? Or do you want Scooby Gold? I can try to mess with it in PS.

Those wheels in that color on a WR Blue 2015 WRX would be great! I suck at photoshop. I was just saying I think I have to add some black and red trim on the car itself to help those red wheels blend in. They're a neat satin finish. :)

ALSO:

If only you were willing to go 17x9 +40….I have a barely used set in Sunlight Silver that I'm trying to sell.

Smokey

Just went to my dealer to put a deposit down on a 392 Scat Pack Shaker. They didn't even know how to place the order. Sigh....

They didn't know how to do anything. Not just what I wanted. Said they'll call me next week when one of the managers who knows what he's doing or has proper access gets back from vacation.

I posted a few pages back but I went to a Dodge dealership with a friend and they literally didn't know what the hellcat was. It took two different sales men before somebody remotely knew what I was talking about. Kind of blew my mind.
---

So my CPO warranty on my 335i expires in 3 weeks. I have a scheduled appointment next week . Told them my AC was feeling warm just so I could get it in (it kind of is though). If something is going to break I'm literally hoping it happens in the next few days. I'm about to enter a point of no return ;_;

Looking towards next year..I think that we are going to head to South Carolina and the BMW Performance Center where they offer one/two day "M" schools. Have this thing where we want to head to every state and do something so it kind of lines up with that.

Sounds like it would be good fun with direction from experienced instructors. Plus you get to beat up on their M cars on the track.

This news story is straight up BS. Surely the car may be returned, and the statute of limitations would only apply to the crime?

I'd say it depends on whether or not the guy actually bought it and if insurance compensated the original owners of the car. If the current owner bought it from the thief and the original owner already received an insurance settlement in compensation of the theft, what right does the original owner have to the car? The only real loser is the insurance company.

J-Rzez

If only you were willing to go 17x9 +40….I have a barely used set in Sunlight Silver that I'm trying to sell.

How did you like these wheels? Were they easy to keep clean?

Yeah, I've seen a handful of blue/red combo's, and I was thinking that these red velvet wheels would look killer on WR Blue. Just wanted to see how they'd actually look on one to hold me over until Sept when my car comes in.

Which kinda scares me. I keep thinking what if I wait this time, test drive it, and hate the car? lol... : /

$400 to install a full set of shocks and springs, does that seem like a decent price to y'all?

I've called a couple of shops here in DFW and that seems to be the ballpark price that everyone's charging over here.

Gritesh

Come on Subaru give me a hatchback sti and I'm there day one.

A few years ago I was going to purchase one but the wife wanted a truck for recreational use so we got that instead, in the coming months I'll be looking to get back into a car but I really want the hatch for practicality purposes.

Hope they bring it back!

psylah

I have a small start up and rev clip on my instagram Here...

They're never gonna make a new Silvia, I am so sad about that.

I had an S14, with an RB26DETT swapped in. Never ran quite right, sunk money into trying to get it working right and ended up selling it at a loss. It was worth a loss for me to not have to worry about it anymore, but I still love a Silvia. There's something about the proportions that pleases me just so.

Shapingo

Come on Subaru give me a hatchback sti and I'm there day one.

A few years ago I was going to purchase one but the wife wanted a truck for recreational use so we got that instead, in the coming months I'll be looking to get back into a car but I really want the hatch for practicality purposes.

Hope they bring it back!

I don't think the hatch variant will come back with this generation but the Levorg could easily be sold as a WRX Wagon.

J-Rzez - The things you might hate about the WRX are the............
Incredibly short 1st gear. The last gens gears were spaced further apart. driving normally (under 4000rpm) I'm in 3rd gear at 40ish mph. I hear the Sti has close gearing..........must really suck in stop and go traffic.

The visibility over the huge butt. The camera helps but I don't always look at the center console to reverse.

The speaker system is worse than you can imagine and worse than I described it previously. My Sony Xperia phone has better sound.

How the driver seat pumps up and moves forward. It took me about an hour to get the optimal driver position.

Personal pet peeve: I hate side mirrors on the doors and not A pillars.

Since you are coming from an Evo like me, you pretty much know what to expect with an AWD Turbo sedan. The ride is no were near as firm as an Evo X's was. The interior is light years better than any generation Evo. The car handles surprisingly well, not Evo well but close to the last gen STi.

Also I friendly raced a 2015 Sti, it wasn't faster at all.....maybe it was the driver.

How did you like these wheels? Were they easy to keep clean?

Yeah, I've seen a handful of blue/red combo's, and I was thinking that these red velvet wheels would look killer on WR Blue. Just wanted to see how they'd actually look on one to hold me over until Sept when my car comes in.

Which kinda scares me. I keep thinking what if I wait this time, test drive it, and hate the car? lol... : /

Sorry that it's quick and dirty. I'm so damn busy this week and I felt bad for offering and not delivering anything.

jjymuKyW1ijrS.png

Are they going to make a WRX hatchback anytime soon? I heard 2015 doesn't have that option.

There was some back and forth on it last I heard. I think it's a possibility if they can make a business case for it, but that's a pretty lame non-answer.

Hilti92

Anyone ever try the wipe new formula on their cars? Was thinking about getting it to use it on my car dash and was just curious how it works/if it covers over scratches?

J-Rzez

Sorry that it's quick and dirty. I'm so damn busy this week and I felt bad for offering and not delivering anything.

jjymuKyW1ijrS.png

Oh man thank you! Just sold me on those wheels lol. The satin red will work just fine i think on WR Blue. Thanks again!

J-Rzez - The things you might hate about the WRX are the............
Incredibly short 1st gear. The last gens gears were spaced further apart. driving normally (under 4000rpm) I'm in 3rd gear at 40ish mph. I hear the Sti has close gearing..........must really suck in stop and go traffic.

The visibility over the huge butt. The camera helps but I don't always look at the center console to reverse.

The speaker system is worse than you can imagine and worse than I described it previously. My Sony Xperia phone has better sound.

How the driver seat pumps up and moves forward. It took me about an hour to get the optimal driver position.

Personal pet peeve: I hate side mirrors on the doors and not A pillars.

Since you are coming from an Evo like me, you pretty much know what to expect with an AWD Turbo sedan. The ride is no were near as firm as an Evo X's was. The interior is light years better than any generation Evo. The car handles surprisingly well, not Evo well but close to the last gen STi.

Also I friendly raced a 2015 Sti, it wasn't faster at all.....maybe it was the driver.

Yeah, I read about the gearing. Something I'll be so-so on, but I think I'll live with it.

Glad the seats are workable. If I hated them I could always go Recaro again, Sparco/Bride as well, but that's extra money that could be put towards something else.

That stereo is trash. I took my fiance out tonight to eat and stopped by the dealership I ordered from. They didn't have a single WRX/STI, they sold through the 30+ they had they said already. But the one worker had a launch edition STI I messed around in and even though he put that stereo into "thorough" or "through" mode whatever, it still sounded awful. That will be a day one mod. Either I'll keep the single din I have in my Evo and throw it's factory infinity unit in it, or I'll just buy a Pioneer deck with nav. That deck won't last one week in the car, it has to go it's so bad.

The interior feels like a luxury car compared to my Evo 8, lol... which feels bad compared to my buddies 3-series. It's much welcome in upgrade feeling though and Id be happy with it.

The ride/handling is what's going to be the deal breaker. It's going to be slower and more sluggish feeling than my Evo which was modded out, I know that, so it's going to be the handling. If it feels remotely close and it's fun, then I'll do it. Power wise people are getting some great gains from a TBE/Flash alone, so I'm not concerned there. If I need it to rotate better I'll just throw a 22-24mm Whiteline rear sway on it I guess.

Last thing I'm concerned about giving up are my Brembo's though. I might just have to do a pad swap to Ferodo's for better feel and less fade.

Want another good reason to move to Canada besides decent health care?

The Fascists In Quebec Just Banned Your Hellaflush Car Yo:

Hellaflush is a practice of cosmetic modifications that comes to the detriment of handling and road holding capabilities which consist of:

Lowering the suspension of the vehicle
Installing oversized and offset wheels (offset greater than of the stock wheels)
Installing tires too narrow for the wheels (tire stretching).

These modifications,that affect the geometry of the vehicles suspension, are generally observed by the presence of exaggerated negative camber. This is an overview of the principals of hellaflush and the reason this practice is prohibited.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. People keep asking me why my Miata isn't slammed and I'm like I wanna go fast, not that "low and slow" bullshit they keep spouting.

I'll lower it enough for a decent look, and of course suspension upgrades, but not this crap lol.

They're never gonna make a new Silvia, I am so sad about that.

I had an S14, with an RB26DETT swapped in. Never ran quite right, sunk money into trying to get it working right and ended up selling it at a loss. It was worth a loss for me to not have to worry about it anymore, but I still love a Silvia. There's something about the proportions that pleases me just so.

Yeah, It's such a solid car, with a HUGE aftermarket support behind it.

Sucks to hear that you didn't get the RB26 swap running like you wanted to. My friend had one before he bought a BNR33, and I remember it was a while before everything was sorted. It was a lot of trial and error while he was building it.

Want another good reason to move to Canada besides decent health care?

The Fascists In Quebec Just Banned Your Hellaflush Car Yo:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. People keep asking me why my Miata isn't slammed and I'm like I wanna go fast, not that "low and slow" bullshit they keep spouting.

I'll lower it enough for a decent look, and of course suspension upgrades, but not this crap lol.

Yeah, this is making the rounds on a few of the car forums that I am a part of...

I didn't think they would do such a thing... but they did ban the use of RHD cars there, so I guess this was the next stage for that region.

"Lowering the suspension of the vehicle" <-- the tickets will flow with this rule. What's low? Anything not stock?

Hilti92

Since no one tried it, I just tried New Finish on my car and it turned out great. Just did one coat of it and plan on doing one more to everything and oh boy, it looks almost new. I definitely recommend it, especially if your interior is sun faded or if your head lights are foggy. The bottle it comes in is small but a small amount goes a long way with it.

Bandit1

Since no one tried it, I just tried New Finish on my car and it turned out great. Just did one coat of it and plan on doing one more to everything and oh boy, it looks almost new. I definitely recommend it, especially if your interior is sun faded or if your head lights are foggy. The bottle it comes in is small but a small amount goes a long way with it.

Thanks for being the guinea pig ;) this the stuff you're talking about?

image_12506.jpg

J-Rzez

No problem! The look is kinda growing on me, even though I didn't think I'd like it personally.

Yeah, it's really growing on me. I remember I saw a local SCCA rally car in this color scheme and liked it. I wouldn't mind a Gold/Black wheel for the car as well though, if I can find a style and color I like. I won't buy a wheel until spring, or if I see a good sale during the winter.

N-Bomb

Oh god. I finally hunt up this thread and what do I see but an opening post that the pensioners must be feebly creaming themselves.

Anyway. No, I'm not dead. Just got tired of dealing with some of the children in here. However, I've returned to post some original content:

1) Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (yes there's a cat... you barbarians.)
Pfijjgwl.jpg

+ a better EBCS + turbo blanket + new intercooler hoses + new 1-step colder plugs and a good tune =

Next steps: Need to clean my dirty air filter and open up the intake a bit. Then looking at stroking it to 2.2L, maybe an upgraded turbo. We'll see.

2) Finally found a set that wasn't in bad shape! Diamonds in the rough, I tell you.
XP2hODFl.png

q7UL4Hgl.jpg

I just need to give the alcantara and the seats in general some love and they'll be going in.

317UV7S1HqL.jpg

I've heard this stuff is tops for that. Grabbed a bottle, and we'll see how it works after I grab a good brush as well.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Uses homophobic slurs and stereotypes as part of his 40 year old+ vernacular...calls us the children.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

Oh god. I finally hunt up this thread and what do I see but an opening post that the pensioners must be feebly creaming themselves.

Anyway. No, I'm not dead. Just got tired of dealing with some of the children in here. However, I've returned to post some original content:

1) Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (yes there's a cat... you barbarians.)
Pfijjgwl.jpg

+ a better EBCS + turbo blanket + new intercooler hoses + new 1-step colder plugs and a good tune =

Next steps: Need to clean my dirty air filter and open up the intake a bit. Then looking at stroking it to 2.2L, maybe an upgraded turbo. We'll see.

2) Finally found a set that wasn't in bad shape! Diamonds in the rough, I tell you.
XP2hODFl.png

q7UL4Hgl.jpg

I just need to give the alcantara and the seats in general some love and they'll be going in.

317UV7S1HqL.jpg

I've heard this stuff is tops for that. Grabbed a bottle, and we'll see how it works after I grab a good brush as well.

Top Bottom