• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

Ty4on

That feel when you come off of $280 for a battery change. This was actually the cheapest I could find. One shop literally next door to my house charged $450. I called the dealer just to see what they would say and they told me $570.

Kept looking online and found a BMW/performance shop that quoted me $280. Included labor, battery, and reprogramming. Took about a hour and that was that. Don't think I was gonna get a much lower price.

Just for fun I checked traction battery replacements on some hybrids and it seems to be just north of 2 grand so the dealer is a quarter of a way to reaching those prices :p

Ironically EVs and Hybrids still need that stupid 12V battery...

paskowitz

Price will be finalized closer to launch.

Camaro Z/28 is $75,000. GT500 is about $60,000. I expect something around $65.

I just had a thought... think of this engine (5.2L flat plane crank v8)... with two turbos (ecoboost) and likely a hybrid system... in the coming Ford GT successor.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I just had a thought... think of this engine (5.2L flat plane crank v8)... with two turbos (ecoboost) and likely a hybrid system... in the coming Ford GT successor.

I'm salivating profusely.

That's P1, 918, and LaFerrari territory if they attempt it.

I'm salivating profusely.

That's P1, 918, and LaFerrari territory if they attempt it.

918 engine config, rear drive power delivery, Le Mans grade aero work, and of course half the price of everything from across the pond.

tumblr_m8i37leof51r1mbdco1_500.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned

I had read that Z28s were selling below MSRP. 75k is a lot to ask for a Camaro. I get it's a dedicated track car, but still. And I'm wondering if this will be the top of the line Mustang for a bit, or if we have the GT500 waiting to be revealed. Pricing it at 65k puts it in Corvette and/or Porsche territory. I'm hoping the GT350 price is less than the Hellcat. More of these high-end muscle cars being released gives consumers more choices and I'm hoping that means competitive pricing.

Not much new info, but here it is again:

2016-cadillac-ats-v-004-1.jpg

455 horses, 445 torks. 185 MPH top speed, 3.9 seconds to legal highway speed. Standard LSD, 6 speed with rev match, or an 8 speed auto.

C&D estimated base price for the thing at $55,000~

That puts it dangerously close to a Stingray. I know, different markets, but...eh.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

455 horses, 445 torks. 185 MPH top speed, 3.9 seconds to legal highway speed. Standard LSD, 6 speed with rev match, or an 8 speed auto.

That puts it dangerously close to a Stingray. I know, different markets, but...eh.

Corvette and this will never compete. That's not a non-issue. This is also a lot more practical. Has the same power and can haul around 4. It's priced perfectly.

It's BMW and Audi that should be shitting their pants. :D

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

AWD or RWD? 55k for all that is bananas.

Seen a couple 2015 Mustangs on the road recently. They're damn nice. The pictures don't do them justice. I know I was unsure at the time based on pics alone on the new look for them. Completely sold on the look now.

ascii42

The Chevy Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo concept is interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufruRqSaVxk
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/19/chevy-chaparral-2x-vision-gran-turismo-concept-la-2014/
The Chaparral 2X VGT's concept propulsion system is inspired by technology derived from advanced work targeted at space travel and future aircraft design. It features a mid-mounted laser, beamed-energy propulsion system, which pulses beams of light that focus in a shroud, creating shock waves that generate tremendous thrust in the lightweight race car.

With a 671-kW laser, powered by a pack of lithium-ion batteries, and an air- powered generator to provide 900 bhp of thrust, the Chaparral 2X VGT will be capable of a 240-mph top speed in the video game, with 0-60 acceleration capability of 1.5 seconds.

Should be fun to drive in GT6. I wonder what that'll sound like.

AlphaSnake

These Vision GT and concept cars FUCK boring. This is Gran Turismo, not Ridge Racer. Why can't PD allocate resources on real cars?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

These Vision GT and concept cars FUCK boring. This is Gran Turismo, not Ridge Racer. Why can't PD allocate resources on real cars?

You are lol.

The car companies themselves design these crazy concepts using AutoCAD or whatever design software they use, email that file to PD and they just open that up on a PS3 SDK and it's good to go. The hardest thing they have to do is to model the suspension the way the companies want it to which is this: tastefully lowered, sticks to the ground, and no body roll lol.

No seriously, it really is that simple. Halfway through the video one of Benz's people talk about finalizing the 3D design before creating an actual clay model... it would be really stupid and inefficient if Benz can't send that same 3D model to PD and have an graphics intern convert it for the game.

Besides, I'd rather PD allocate their resources on creating a decent sound engine... I mean Forza Horizon 2 on X360 has better sound compared to GT6 and that right there is a travesty imo.

Isn't the CTS the successor to the Catera, as the STS was to the Seville and the DTS was to the Deville?

It's not worth looking at the previous naming conventions as ancestors; Cadillac really was attempting to recreate their entire brand.

To wit, a whole new platform was developed just for the ATS, which the CTS then began using. The Catera, in contrast, was a pure rebadge from an Opel Omega.

Currently driving a Mitsubishi ASX3 (Outlander Sport I think its called in America). will be driving it for another 18 months but really taken by this beauty:

exploring_gallery_2.jpg

In my job I need a 4x4 in case of bad weather or I need to go through a field, and I am taken with this.

The only problem is the boot space as I have one child with hopefully another planned for the time I get a new car, so it needs to have a boot big enough for a pram, travel cot and luggage:

425354_7625_big_Jeep_RENGADE_017.jpg

Seems quite narrow. I'm in the UK, wondering if the boot space may make the car a no go

Smokey

Is that Audi supposed to compete with the S class coupe?

I've seen nothing that touches that thing. If I had unlimited funds it would for sure be in my garage.

Smokey

3/4series does not make Car and Drivers top 10 list for first time in 20+ years

M235i takes its place

that...has to get bmw attention...right ?

No Love

Banned
3/4series does not make Car and Drivers top 10 list for first time in 20+ years

M235i takes its place

that...has to get bmw attention...right ?

Yet I still kind of want to lease an M3/M4 as a beater/daily driver. Perhaps I'd be better off with an M235i? Isn't the weight kinda similar anyways?

My ideal "new" M is probably going to be the M2 when it releases, but I don't want to wait.

I actually love the way Polyphony have created this concept culture within their games. It's something Turn 10 could really learn from. I sold my GT6 ages ago because I hated it except for the concept stuff but I really love the collaboration between car companies and PD (even if it is just AutoCAD > import > game).

I got my FR-S 1.0 finally. I sold my 2013 FR-S. I must say I am impressed, and in love.

I getting a roof spoiler installed on Saturday for free by a guy who wants to take pictures etc....

Ill share some with you all.

Early thoughts:

1) Tthe car seems a lot stiffer in such a good way
2) The dual exhaust makes my heart melt
3) The interior is much nicer than my 2013
4) Its low to the ground I mean low.The TRD spring seemed to have dropped it an inch lower than the standard.

Im going on a long drive this weekend. Ill take pics and share.

Love you all.

Liquid.

hwalker84

Currently driving a Mitsubishi ASX3 (Outlander Sport I think its called in America). will be driving it for another 18 months but really taken by this beauty:

exploring_gallery_2.jpg

In my job I need a 4x4 in case of bad weather or I need to go through a field, and I am taken with this.

The only problem is the boot space as I have one child with hopefully another planned for the time I get a new car, so it needs to have a boot big enough for a pram, travel cot and luggage:

425354_7625_big_Jeep_RENGADE_017.jpg

Seems quite narrow. I'm in the UK, wondering if the boot space may make the car a no go

I actually love the look of that car. What is boot space? A trunk?

I think my Dad maybe getting one. He needs something smaller and easier to maneuver but still good in snow. Hopefully it has some of the lane assist stuff and sensor my Jeep has as his driving is deteriorating.

Smokey

Yet I still kind of want to lease an M3/M4 as a beater/daily driver. Perhaps I'd be better off with an M235i? Isn't the weight kinda similar anyways?

My ideal "new" M is probably going to be the M2 when it releases, but I don't want to wait.

Co worker just ordered a 2015 M3. I still want one.

But by all accounts the M235i feels like BMW of old. The M2 is gonna be beast when it hits.

ameratsu

I got my FR-S 1.0 finally. I sold my 2013 FR-S. I must say I am impressed, and in love.

I getting a roof spoiler installed on Saturday for free by a guy who wants to take pictures etc....

Ill share some with you all.

Early thoughts:

1) Tthe car seems a lot stiffer in such a good way
2) The dual exhaust makes my heart melt
3) The interior is much nicer than my 2013
4) Its low to the ground I mean low.The TRD spring seemed to have dropped it an inch lower than the standard.

Im going on a long drive this weekend. Ill take pics and share.

Love you all.

Liquid.

Stiffer? Because of the springs? If this is the package I remember it's basically just a factory TRD rice pack.

TylerD

Looks like I might be getting my car back early next week. The engine finally showed up to the shop Tuesday. Coming up on 9 weeks next Wednesday...

AlphaSnake

Stiffer? Because of the springs? If this is the package I remember it's basically just a factory TRD rice pack.

LOL.

The price is $30K for a 6MT. And $32K for automatic, which is a downright crime. I think Liquid has an auto since he lives in LA?

No Love

Banned
LOL.

The price is $30K for a 6MT. And $32K for automatic, which is a downright crime. I think Liquid has an auto since he lives in LA?

Yes it's a factory rice package. Yes he traded the same car in for it. Yes the people at his dealership laughed at him when he traded it in and got the new sameness. Toyota must lovs him.

Top Bottom