• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT2 | Zero to pointless fighting faster than a GT86

ascii42

People like tall cars. I dunno, I guess everybody doesn't know what fun is.
I rented a Toyota Tundra once to haul some stuff around. I'll admit to enjoying the ride height. Sometimes a man's gotta drive a big ass truck. I've generally come to terms with crossovers, but I've got no love for the X6 or that Mercedes. I like plenty of stupid cars, but those aren't my kind of stupid.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That Mercedes and the BMW that spawned it just remind me of the Aztek that was spawned from the 9th layer of hell.

I'm one of those people who think the X6 and the Acura ZDX look really cool, but I would never buy one because their designs completely destroy the point of buying a utility vehicle.

The GLE Coupe on the other hand...meh.

Evo X

So I told my mom that I ordered a GT4.

She says, "maybe if you worked harder you could have bought a Ferrari."

Gee, thanks mom! I'm sure every other 26 year old is driving Ferraris and Lambos.

Reminded me of that high expectations asian father meme.

Besides. If I worked harder, how would I have time to browse GAF all day? lol

Uhh...
http://www.evo.co.uk/toyota/gt-86/15229/toyota-gt86-revised-in-japan-luxury-style-cb-model-added

toyota-86-cb-ftqred.jpg

LOLOL.

I mean I like that it looks a lot closer to what a modern 2000GT could look like, but mother of god that is terrible. It looks like a rat... specifically it reminds me of Ratata from Pokemon haha.

And then no performance upgrades or whatever? Bwahahaha.

Nope.

Granadier

Gee, thanks mom! I'm sure every other 26 year old is driving Ferraris and Lambos.

Hahaha, what the actual fuck.

ShowDog

Well some dickhead crunched the side of my S2000 parking today at the office lot and decided to take off. Great thing to come out to, the front fender is fucked and the drivers door won't even open. Thank god this car already had an accident history when I bought it, this is the second panel-destroying incident in the last 11 months due to fucking morons.

I can't wait to check the cameras tomorrow and see who did it. If it was a coworker shit is gonna get weird. Motherfuckers.

Sounds like my mom.

I really want to get a car for myself but really hate the idea of all this equity that I have earned/saved up go into something I have to fill up every week vs putting into my retirement or my kid's education. I feel like I am being selfish. Anyone else have this issue?

edit: also the crippling fear something like what Showdog is going through right now.

GHG

Well some dickhead crunched the side of my S2000 parking today at the office lot and decided to take off. Great thing to come out to, the front fender is fucked and the drivers door won't even open. Thank god this car already had an accident history when I bought it, this is the second panel-destroying incident in the last 11 months due to fucking morons.

I can't wait to check the cameras tomorrow and see who did it. If it was a coworker shit is gonna get weird. Motherfuckers.

If it makes you feel any better some twat scraped their car down the side of my x6 the other month in a parking lot.

Maybe it was someone from this thread considering all the x6 hate on this page.

Well his first mistake was getting the v8 version of the r8.

I can't even. What? This is hysterical.

Haha. South Asian parents here and I've gotten the "all your cousins drive a BMW" line.

grendelrt

I had to travel to MD (I am in VA) yesterday to pickup my 2014 Cayman S, my mom rode with me =) She looked at me more like I was nuts than to push a higher car haha.

TylerD

I'm one of those people who think the X6 and the Acura ZDX look really cool, but I would never buy one because their designs completely destroy the point of buying a utility vehicle.

The GLE Coupe on the other hand...meh.

I also like the X6 and ZDX. There's a GLE that lives close to my apt complex and it is an unfortunate looking thing for sure.

Momentary

Banned
My wife is in love with the x4 and x6. She's also in talks of trying to work something for the Macan Turbo. I'm trying 5o tell her that they aren't going to budge on that SUV since soccer mom's around the world are salivating to get their hands on one.

grendelrt

My wife is in love with the x4 and x6. She's also in talks of trying to work something for the Macan Turbo. I'm trying 5o tell her that they aren't going to budge on that SUV since soccer mom's around the world are salivating to get their hands on one.

My wife wanted a Macan (not turbo) but they were still way to expensive. They were sold out for a long time so I don't see the prices dropping anytime soon.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
My wife wanted a Macan (not turbo) but they were still way to expensive. They were sold out for a long time so I don't see the prices dropping anytime soon.

One thing I hate about the Macan's naming is that they're all turbocharged. LOL.

mkenyon

Banned
People like tall cars. I dunno, I guess everybody doesn't know what fun is.
The reason why I went with an EX35 over a G37 is because of dat cargo room. Only way to get luxury sport wagons/hatches in this day and age is to buy a "crossover". Though really, my EX35 is a G hatchback that happens to have larger tires.

And there is something pretty rad about being in my wife's longbed Tundra. People just clear out of your way. You feel like you're a King.

mkenyon

Banned
Do I have to turn in my enthusiast card if I admit that I want a Macan? I mean, it's a Porsche Hatchback.

2015-porsche-macan_100457674_h.jpg

I can totally picture my dog's face hanging out that back window.

AlphaSnake

No. It's a very nice looking car, with great underpinnings, and a nice interior.

It's just a bit expensive.

Evo X

Haha, I'm glad you guys can find the humor in my situation. That's pretty much how I've had to deal with it growing up my whole life. I have accepted that no matter what I do, there is no winning, so all you can do is laugh it off.

Here's some more gems:

"Oh, you got a 34 on the ACT? Good job! But, I heard so and so's kid got a 36."

"Oh, you got an A in English, History, Math, Science, Art, and Social Studies? That's nice. What's with this B+ in PE though?"

"Oh, you got me this $500 Michael Kors purse for my birthday? Thanks! BTW, your brother got your father and I an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii."

Career wise, I used to be in web design, and now I am doing marketing for an online business. I make sick bank, love my schedule, and have the freedom to travel the world as long as I have my laptop and an Internet connection.

Yet, every now and then, I still hear, "What exactly do you do all day? You know this family friend of ours had 3 kids and now they are all doctors. Why couldn't you become one as well? You could have been saving lives instead of just sitting on the computer and sending emails."

Like, are you fucking serious or just trolling me? I honestly can't tell anymore. lol

AlphaSnake

Haha, I'm glad you guys can find the humor in my situation. That's pretty much how I've had to deal with it growing up my whole life. I have accepted that no matter what I do, there is no winning, so all you can do is laugh it off.

Here's some more gems:

"Oh, you got an A in English, History, Math, Science, Art, and Social Studies? That's nice. What's with this B+ in PE though?"

"Oh, you got me this $500 Michael Kors purse for my birthday? Thanks! BTW, your brother got your father and I an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii."

Career wise, I used to be in web design, and now I am doing marketing for an online business. I make sick bank, love my schedule, and have the freedom to travel the world as long as I have my laptop and an Internet connection.

Yet, every now and then, I still hear, "What exactly do you do all day? You know this family friend of ours had 3 kids and now they are all doctors. Why couldn't you become one as well? You could have been saving lives instead of just sitting on the computer and sending emails."

Like, are you fucking serious or just trolling me? I honestly can't tell anymore. lol

So basically...

You-Doctor-Yet-Gif-On-Family-Guy.gif

Granadier

Here's some more gems:

When you're finished with your job, hand it off to me alright? Without the mother.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Friend of mine is getting a 435d xDrive as his brother works for BMW and can get a stonking discount on it. Can't wait for a run out in it, should be very impressive at least going from what I experienced of my Aunt's 335d.

I have a question, can your brother's friend hook me up with a discount on a Mini F56 John Cooper Works?

GHG

That looks so fucking weird.

And awesome at the same time.

It's one of the few cars I can trade my x6 in for without losing anything in terms of space, comfort and driving dynamics.

You can't hate on the macan, especially the turbo version. The only issue is that the price increases so much the moment you start selecting a few options. Then you start to question your sanity and wonder why you are considering spending north of $100k on a hatchback SUV.

I'm just playing the waiting game as I'm sure they will depreciate horribly in the Middle East market if the cayenne is anything to go by.

Smokey

Do I have to turn in my enthusiast card if I admit that I want a Macan? I mean, it's a Porsche Hatchback.

2015-porsche-macan_100457674_h.jpg

I can totally picture my dog's face hanging out that back window.

When I test drove the Macan I loved this thing. Loved it.

Then again...I've loved every Porsche I've test drove

;____;

I just saw the brand new 2015 Ford Focus. It is nice! It was an SE model without the MyFord touch. The button layout looks so nice and neat. If you've seen any of the other MyFord-less vehicles, you know how clutter it looks. Now it looks nice. It also has to be said that seeing the car in person is different from seeing it in pictures. The nose looks really nice. The sharper looking nose and the high trunk makes it look more dynamic. It wasn't a hatchback. I never noticed how different it looked when I was reading up on it. I think the car looks longer too. I think the grill kind of reminds me of the Taurus SHO.

2SeeKU

A car l've been on the fence on getting:

Ford XR8:

10698519_746537382066481_3885022880690063462_n_zps6fa40de8.png

It's the last Ford Falcon to be produced in Australia, and with that, the XR8 is going out with a bang. It's a 5L Supercharged V8 (producing 335kw), 6-speed manual with brembo brakes and 19" inch wheels standard. It's a fantastic package at a little over $50K. The only thing stopping me is a 2008-2009 Cayman S can be had for roughly the same money.

Here's some more gems:

Hot damn, 26 and buying the GT4? I can't believe they'd question your line of work lol.

Evo X

Hot damn, 26 and buying the GT4? I can't believe they'd question your line of work lol.

I know, right?

I make more money than the average doctor with a WAY less stressful lifestyle.

Not to mention that I've already been doing this for years vs most doctors who are well into their 30s before they have a decent salary and are clear of massive student debt.

No offense to anyone who is a doctor. If that's what you want to pursue, more power to you. I just know it would have made me miserable and I would never trade my current life for that.

Anyway, that's enough of my family drama. Back on topic, check out this great Car of the Year special by Chris Harris:

Featuring 918, GT3, M3, F12, 458 Speciale, Trophy R, V12 Vantage S. Amazing cars, amazing location, lots of sliding and fun. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm4ajQxImhE

Smokey

I know, right?

I make more money than the average doctor with a WAY less stressful lifestyle.

Not to mention that I've already been doing this for years vs most doctors who are well into their 30s before they have a decent salary and are clear of massive student debt.

No offense to anyone who is a doctor. If that's what you want to pursue, more power to you. I just know it would have made me miserable and I would never trade my current life for that.

Anyway, that's enough of my family drama. Back on topic, check out this great Car of the Year special by Chris Harris:

what do you do

Evo X

what do you do

Started a day trading education company a few years ago with my older brother and another partner. They are the master traders that crafted the course and provide the training. I designed the website and handle all the marketing & affiliate relations.

Time for income bragging posts

Let's do this, guys

lol, I wasn't trying to brag. Just pointing out the lunacy of my mother's logic.

If I really wanted to show off, I'd buy an ostentatious bright green Lamborghni.

I'm kidding,Chromax. Please don't hate me. lol

Revson

Well, just hit 5000 miles on the BRZ and my clutch has started slipping, wtf.

I've never smelled clutch while driving it, never launched it, and I've been driving manual since I got my license.

I'm also pretty paranoid about shifting correctly, so this comes as a shock.

Anyone else ever had a clutch go bad on a new car?

Top Bottom