• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT3 | Playing with our sticks while petting Jaguars!

Crayon

This addresses specifically the grip situation. And pretty well, I think.

I remember reading a good editorial about fast street cars in general in evo mag a long time ago. Let me see if I can google it.

Hopeless. Can't find it. To paraphrase:

I think impreza sti 6 was current that year and the author mentions how it makes all this exciting noise and it's super tactile and actually is as powerful and great handling as it looks and sounds. Then in the meat of the article he explains how he can still enjoy this but it's harder now because he knows that it's all a sort of fantasy. The look, the sound, the actual performance all plays into this fantasy.

When he was young, he believed the fantasy was real. He had "a movie playing in his head" where he was a star. And he believed that he was an awesome driver and needed this awesome car. Now he can still play the old movie but it'll never be quite the same.

ElyrionX

My man. I've really fallen out of love for the horsepower wars in modern sports cars. Are they more capable? Of course. Are they faster? Seriously faster. Are they more fun? Maybe? Occassionally? And for certain kinds of driving they're definitely less fun for sure.

My first sports car was an '87 Porsche 924S in rough shape. It wasn't fast, but it was fun to toss around a corner and loved to move around while driving. I made a few bucks and picked up a 2000 Porsche 911. On the tight, twisty corners I loved in the 924S I found I didn't have as much fun in the 911; I was always backing off the throttle and leaning on the brakes. Then where the road opened up I was constantly getting into the triple digits, which is just foolish on a curvy public road. Even at 300hp it needed a track really stretch its legs. That 924S could stay sideways under the speed limit. XD

I've harped about this for a while and someone's going to tell me to shut up, but for me the fast cars don't have much fun value outside of on track (and it's not like I can wring every last tenth of a second out of their speed anyway).

*Maybe I say it too much, but I think it's an interesting discussion regardless.

*No I say it too much. dealwithit.gif

I can relate to this. For the last five years, I drove a Honda Jazz with 100HP. That thing was slow as shit but I was always flooring it and mostly driving faster than 90-95% of the cars around me. I hit 110km/h on highways and the car rattles quite a bit and I have to slow down anyway because highway speed limit here is 90km/h (which is ridiculously low).

About a month ago, I switched to the new C200 Coupe. In the months leading up to delivery, I always had a doubt in my mind on whether I should have ponied up for the C300 instead. I mean, the C200 is only 184HP. I was kind of hoping for something along the lines of 250HP (the wife veto-ed the GTI).

But after a few weeks of engine break-in and a 1000km oil change, I finally get a chance to really drive the car. And it's amazing. I can't believe what a huge step up this is, in so many ways, compared to my old car. The thing is, I floor the throttle from a standstill and before I know it, I am at 100km/h which is a ridiculous speed for public roads (usually 50 - 60km/h limits) and one that will not only get me a huge ticket but also put me in front of a judge, if I get caught. I live in a city so there are no windy country roads to explore. It's all street and highway driving.

I am nowhere close to exploring the full potential of this car and it's only 184HP. Some people buy supercars to show off but for the ones who really enjoy driving, it must be utterly agonising to be driving those cars and not be able to flex the engine much.

Malvolio

I completely agree on the topic. My GTI is fun to drive daily, but even that has more power than is really needed. I can take 2nd gear to speeds that could get me a ticket on every road in the state. It leads me to just mindlessly cruising everywhere I go and allowing the power to scoot me ahead of traffic when needed. However when I was in my CR-Z every day was a race day. I had to earn every bit of speed and prove I could keep it in the corners. I would run that car hard 90% of the time and look up to see I was barely doing the speed limit. Sure it was slow, but it was balanced, had a good transmission and always felt faster than it was. That's a recipe for a great daily driver.

As a Miata owner who still hasn't been able to find a replacement for it after searching for a year now... I think that's all I have to say lolol.

Speaking of which, I knew me taking the pics this past weekend was a sign of things to come... she got a little boo boo yesterday after getting rear ended at 1mph by a truck.

Damage is only minor, just a scratch and the rear bumper got pushed in a little bit so the bumper is misaligned with the taillight.

The dumb thing is that the driver was driving somebody else's car and she wants me to file it under her insurance but insurance follows the car not the driver so I'm like "????"

I called up my insurance last night and they said to file it with the insurance of the truck not the driver so chances are, I'll just suck it up, file it with my insurance, pay the deductible and let them sort out this mess. I've got way too many things to worry about right now than this shit.

Thankfully the car is perfectly fine besides the minor damage.

matmanx1

Jongkookie... why you want to replace your Miata? It seems like you love it.

I want more space and it hit 100k miles a few weeks ago.

It's my only car and is my daily driver and trunk space is there with creative planning lol.

And you're right, I do love it and I'd drive this thing until it turns into dust. But at the same time I'm also wanting some new experiences(thanks Microsoft for ruining this word for me lol) so that's why I'm looking to replace it.

That said, all this is a want not a need so I'll keep driving it until I find that perfect replacement or until it does turn into dust.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
My back end slips on pretty much every turn from a stop I make in the Hellcat. Shit is fun as all hell.

That said, I do understand the point of the topic and can empathize for sure. I have a fucking blast in my buddy's manual Mini Cooper S. That thing is a fucking go kart. Can pretty much turn with out moving your inside rear tire.

But, man, call me immature, but there's something about raw power and big numbers that I find sexy.

I am nowhere close to exploring the full potential of this car and it's only 184HP. Some people buy supercars to show off but for the ones who really enjoy driving, it must be utterly agonising to be driving those cars and not be able to flex the engine much.

I completely agree on the topic. My GTI is fun to drive daily, but even that has more power than is really needed. I can take 2nd gear to speeds that could get me a ticket on every road in the state. It leads me to just mindlessly cruising everywhere I go and allowing the power to scoot me ahead of traffic when needed. However when I was in my CR-Z every day was a race day. I had to earn every bit of speed and prove I could keep it in the corners. I would run that car hard 90% of the time and look up to see I was barely doing the speed limit. Sure it was slow, but it was balanced, had a good transmission and always felt faster than it was. That's a recipe for a great daily driver.

Wow, I'm actually surprised a lot of us in this thread can relate to this aspect of driving and fun. Sometimes I feel people talk about super cars, sports cars, and luxury cars a lot here and not much is said about the driving and handling element of the cars, whether they're GTI's or McLaren's. I'm glad to see other people enjoy driving their cars, too. People will probably laugh at this, but I actually love my Toyota Camry with a V6 engine. No one would expect it, but the V6 engine in a Camry is actually pretty good and can keep speed pretty well on the highways.Sure, handling is not great, but I'm always surprised how fast the car can go if I keep on the throttle. And it's reliable to boot, has never broken on me after the last 15 years of driving it.

As a Miata owner who still hasn't been able to find a replacement for it after searching for a year now... I think that's all I have to say lolol.

Speaking of which, I knew me taking the pics this past weekend was a sign of things to come... she got a little boo boo yesterday after getting rear ended at 1mph by a truck.

That's...just unfortunate. I'm really sorry to hear that. Any pictures of the damage? Hopefully it's only as minor as you described. I know if I were in your shoes, I'd be really upset and annoyed. Hopefully your insurance takes care of it, even though it isn't your fault at all... Also, a truck hitting your MX-5? Good thing you're safe, too.

My back end slips on pretty much every turn from a stop I make in the Hellcat. Shit is fun as all hell.

That said, I do understand the point of the topic and can empathize for sure. I have a fucking blast in my buddy's manual Mini Cooper S. That thing is a fucking go kart. Can pretty much turn with out moving your inside rear tire.

But, man, call me immature, but there's something about raw power and big numbers that I find sexy.

Nothing wrong with that. I may be a strange car enthusiast. Sure I have my personal preferences for brands and models, but I appreciate most cars for what they are built for. I've never driven a Hellcat before, but I actually like Dodge Chargers and Ford Mustangs as far as American muscle goes. I've never driven a Corvette but those seem super fun, too. For my preferred style of driving, I love driving around tight corners on mountains, hills, and country sides. But every once in a while, a straight line performer is awesome. Too bad there aren't that many great empty roads to do that where I live. Roads here are usually pretty congested or the roads are all messed up.

Wow, I'm actually surprised a lot of us in this thread can relate to this aspect of driving and fun. Sometimes I feel people talk about super cars, sports cars, and luxury cars a lot here and not much is said about the driving and handling element of the cars, whether they're GTI's or McLaren's. I'm glad to see other people enjoy driving their cars, too. People will probably laugh at this, but I actually love my Toyota Camry with a V6 engine. No one would expect it, but the V6 engine in a Camry is actually pretty good and can keep speed pretty well on the highways.Sure, handling is not great, but I'm always surprised how fast the car can go if I keep on the throttle. And it's reliable to boot, has never broken on me after the last 15 years of driving it.

Strangely, some of the most fun I ever had in a car was in a fwd Audi A6 (with a 2.4 V6). It made understeer fun in the sense that I could steer that thing by the throttle when violently understeering. Had a great six speed manual gearbox as well.

kharma45

Tried a G30 520d today. They are very impressive. E-Class has a more dramatic cabin, and the E220d is brilliant but the new 5 series is incredible.

matmanx1

That is a completely legitimate way to have fun in a car, no doubt. Big V8's and massive amounts of HP/TQ that can really shove you into the back seat when you push the gas will always have a special place in my heart.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Freaking gorgeous! Congrats! I'm not as Porsche savvy as some others here... what year is it?

Don't kill me for scooping your dream car in PDX, Akim

If anything, you almost took my dream daily driver car! Except it's black, which is the only color I'm not looking for. I hope you enjoy your 981! The best part about your build is the Sports Exhaust (after the manual, of course) so enjoy those windy roads and let us know if you do anything crazy with it. Join your region's Porsche Club too, it's fantastic.

Congrats! Best color and transmission �� Time to rename this thread to the Cayman Owners Club lol

I'm sorry if like 99% of the last couple pages about Porsche Cayman/Boxster/etc. were dominated by me. I'm just excited for everyone who is considering them!

On the other hand, since no Lotus Evora are being sold sub $60K in my area, I'm looking at Alfa Romeo 4C's now... Does anyone on here drive one as a daily? Or track it?

One thing I'd like to add about the discussion about power...

Being able to drive it 10/10's on the street is I think better than having all that power but not being able to use it. I mean if I hit the redline on my Miata, I've already broken the speed limit on the street, but at least I was actually able to stretch it out and enjoy it.

I was behind a GT350 earlier on the service road with a stoplight... he gunned it and hauled ass from first gear, hit second then immediately let off the gas coz he's already above the speed limit of 50 and is running out of road. Meanwhile, I was barely shifting to 2nd gear at 30mph when the GT350 let off the gas and not only did I have 20mph to go, I was still 3/4's away from the next stoplight.

That's...just unfortunate. I'm really sorry to hear that. Any pictures of the damage? Hopefully it's only as minor as you described. I know if I were in your shoes, I'd be really upset and annoyed. Hopefully your insurance takes care of it, even though it isn't your fault at all... Also, a truck hitting your MX-5? Good thing you're safe, too.

I do have pictures but since I haven't filed a claim yet, I'll post them once I do. I'm still weighing my options(also pinged my buddy who's an auto accident attorney) and see what's the best way to go about this. I mean the damage is minor, almost like road rash and a misaligned bumper, but I still want to get my $500 deductible back so I'm trying to do it the right way.

It was a 1mph bump from a Tacoma so obviously that thing didn't even get a scratch. I'm definitely annoyed but mostly because it's just an annoyance I don't want to deal with and since I'm probably gonna sell the car down the line, I need to get that bumper fixed so the value wouldn't get dinged. Ugh, I get a headache everytime I think about it.

But yeah the car is still fine... I mean let's just say I was still "zoom-zooming" when I drove it earlier. 😉

Only took 4 months of waiting and jumping on it right away, but here's my new baby! Needs new tires but is otherwise in perfect condition:

Damn!

Congrats man!!

Congrats! Best color and transmission 😉 Time to rename this thread to the Cayman Owners Club lol

Lmao this thread is already Porsche-GAF.

golem

35525944224_54b5aa4251.jpg
35964713350_7bd089bbaf.jpg

Was at the
Porsche
dealership earlier for service and decided to go across the street to check out the Alfa shop and the Quadrifoglio. They were asking $20k additional markup on the car and yet the whole dealership including the Fiat and Dodge sections were dead empty. Was a pretty depressing place lol. Beautiful car though, hopefully they'll start discounting them soon :p

J-Rzez

Dealer mark ups are all the rage! Makes you feel like you're really buying something special right? They (manufacturers) need to put a very fast, very abrupt stop to this garbage.

Well, here's a new vid of my car in a parking garage making noises. I wish that OT thread where people were raging was still up.

https://youtu.be/KxHwcR90nY8

Pinewood

I do have pictures but since I haven't filed a claim yet, I'll post them once I do. I'm still weighing my options(also pinged my buddy who's an auto accident attorney) and see what's the best way to go about this. I mean the damage is minor, almost like road rash and a misaligned bumper, but I still want to get my $500 deductible back so I'm trying to do it the right way.

It was a 1mph bump from a Tacoma so obviously that thing didn't even get a scratch. I'm definitely annoyed but mostly because it's just an annoyance I don't want to deal with and since I'm probably gonna sell the car down the line, I need to get that bumper fixed so the value wouldn't get dinged. Ugh, I get a headache everytime I think about it.

But yeah the car is still fine... I mean let's just say I was still "zoom-zooming" when I drove it earlier. 😉
Cant you settle it outside of insurance then? Like, if she doesnt want to claim it to the car that took the hit, just take 200$ in cash

There's some interesting developments going on in JDM land...

Toyota and Mazda are officially partnering up... buying shares from both companies, and they're building a factory here in the US to build Corollas while Mazda builds their crossovers.

The best part is that they're sharing tech and not messing with each other, so both can do whatever the hell they want.

This is some crazy news imo. We all know Mazda's just chugging along, always on the borderline between life or death but with this partnership with Toyota... it unofficially gets rid of that line.

More importantly, there were rumors last year that Toyota wanted to use the ND Miata's platform to create the 2nd gen 86... I think this news just gave some credence to that rumor and that's crazy.

Cant you settle it outside of insurance then? Like, if she doesnt want to claim it to the car that took the hit, just take 200$ in cash

Never thought about doing it that way but I guess we'll see.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Dealer mark ups are all the rage! Makes you feel like you're really buying something special right? They (manufacturers) need to put a very fast, very abrupt stop to this garbage.

Well, here's a new vid of my car in a parking garage making noises. I wish that OT thread where people were raging was still up.

YOU MONSTER!

you can roll down my street anytime

matmanx1

Only took 4 months of waiting and jumping on it right away, but here's my new baby! Needs new tires but is otherwise in perfect condition:

Untitled by Rev. Christberg, on Flickr

Don't kill me for scooping your dream car in PDX, Akim

Gorgeous 981! Congrats! Those are such beautiful cars. I am sure you are going to be grinning from ear to ear for many miles to come.
35525944224_54b5aa4251.jpg
35964713350_7bd089bbaf.jpg

Was at the
Porsche
dealership earlier for service and decided to go across the street to check out the Alfa shop and the Quadrifoglio. They were asking $20k additional markup on the car and yet the whole dealership including the Fiat and Dodge sections were dead empty. Was a pretty depressing place lol. Beautiful car though, hopefully they'll start discounting them soon :p

And yet I'm hearing that the Giulia has massive reliability issues already including tons of computer and electronic glitches. The Giulia honestly needed another year or so of testing and development to get the kinks worked out. Everyone who's driving one now is basically beta testing the product while paying out the nose. Thanks, Alfa!
At least the 4C is good, right!

Hahaha, love it.

And yet I'm hearing that the Giulia has massive reliability issues already including tons of computer and electronic glitches. The Giulia honestly needed another year or so of testing and development to get the kinks worked out. Everyone who's driving one now is basically beta testing the product while paying out the nose. Thanks, Alfa!
At least the 4C is good, right!

They just wanted us to have that classic alfa romeo experience.

OK, so I have a hypothetical question for you all. If you aren't super rich (not rich enough to not worry about a car breaking down), but had about $75K to spend on a fun car for yourself, which would you choose?

Alfa Romeo 4C vs. Lotus Evora

I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts.

$5000 down and 155/mo for 84 months on a red 2017 Mirage hatchback, including tax and tags.

How awful is that?

That looked horrific on first glance (84 months...), but it actually doesn't seem that bad?

The question becomes why you are considering a new Mirage...

Get a 2015 red mazda 3 instead. Should be $15k or less and still in warranty.

That looked horrific on first glance (84 months...), but it actually doesn't seem that bad?

The question becomes why you are considering a new Mirage...

Get a 2015 red mazda 3 instead. Should be $15k or less and still in warranty.
It's mostly for the peace of mind. Dirt cheap, best warranty on the market, and no out-the-door repairs to take care of.

I've been driving a 2002 Neon for the past six years and I am done with that noise.

$5000 down and 155/mo for 84 months on a red 2017 Mirage hatchback, including tax and tags.

How awful is that?

Doesn't seem too bad. The mirage is like the most basic car you can get, so probably less stuff to go wrong. I considered getting one for a while as a cheap daily driver, but bought another old car instead like an idiot.

It's mostly for the peace of mind. Dirt cheap, best warranty on the market, and no out-the-door repairs to take care of.

I've been driving a 2002 Neon for the past six years and I am done with that noise.

Which model though? Mirages seem to start at 13k. Your deal for a 13k Mirage is horrible (12% interest). For a 16k-18k Mirage, the deal is not bad but I would feel you are over paying for the car.

If your only requirements are longer warranty and cheap, I would even recommend a 2016 Accent over the Mirage (~4 years left in warranty). Best bet might be a 2015/2016 Corolla + extended warranty from Toyota.

Which model though? Mirages seem to start at 13k. Your deal for a 13k Mirage is horrible (12% interest). For a 16k-18k Mirage, the deal is not bad but I would feel you are over paying for the car.

If your only requirements are longer warranty and cheap, I would even recommend a 2016 Accent over the Mirage (~4 years left in warranty). Best bet might be a 2015/2016 Corolla + extended warranty from Toyota.
The ES I think? It's an automatic, to be clear.
Doesn't seem too bad. The mirage is like the most basic car you can get, so probably less stuff to go wrong. I considered getting one for a while as a cheap daily driver, but bought another old car instead like an idiot.
If I didn't just sign the lease for my first apartment, I might have been done the same as you, but I have enough to deal with without my car breaking down :p

Pinewood

OK, so I have a hypothetical question for you all. If you aren't super rich (not rich enough to not worry about a car breaking down), but had about $75K to spend on a fun car for yourself, which would you choose?

Having driven neither, I would probably get the 4C. It just seems more special, looks drop dead gorgeous and that carbon tub is nerdily cool.

I currently drive an Alfa though so that might affect my opinion lol

I guess it depends how much a fix would be, how much youd have to pocket yourself with insurance. Plus would be no insurance claim in a database

Yep. If its below $500 then that's all on me, but if it's $510 for example then I'll still pay the $500 while my insurance pays the $10 bucks.

Neither lol.

At $75K I'd be looking at a used 911, Cayman, Mustang GT350, Camaro ZL1, and finally an F-Type.

F-Type or Cayman is probs my ultimate choice lol.

I've been living in LA for a month now and I'm kind of surprised by the lack of MX-5's around. I'm just thinking of my next car and the MX5 is a convertible for weather, small enough to squeeze into those side parking spots, and nimble enough to take around PCH.

Am I missing something here?

KRaZyAmmo

Neither. I'd take that money and get an old JDM import and mod the hell out of it. Most likely a RPS13.

The ES I think? It's an automatic, to be clear.

If I didn't just sign the lease for my first apartment, I might have been done the same as you, but I have enough to deal with without my car breaking down :p

Yeah, I don't recommend doing what I did. I bought an 18 year old volvo, which even though had a ton of work done, it still needs work done. Though boo on automatic.

I've been living in LA for a month now and I'm kind of surprised by the lack of MX-5's around. I'm just thinking of my next car and the MX5 is a convertible for weather, small enough to squeeze into those side parking spots, and nimble enough to take around PCH.

I think other users like Jongkookie can give you a better answer, but it's pretty popular up here in the Bay Area, especially on weekends, when I drive up and down on the 101 and 280, sometimes Pacific Highway 1. They definitely catch my attention and whoever I'm driving with on the road. I've rented one before and I think it's fantastic. I suck at driving manual but it was fun even for a beginner like me. I don't think you'd regret it, but definitely test drive it or rent it on Turo.com or Club Sportiva in LA or something.

Having driven neither, I would probably get the 4C. It just seems more special, looks drop dead gorgeous and that carbon tub is nerdily cool.

I currently drive an Alfa though so that might affect my opinion lol

OK, which Alfa do you drive? I live in the US and I haven't seen an Alfa since...ever actually. I've only seen a couple 4C's recently and like one Giula on the streets.

I love how different Alfa Romeo is. I mean, I'm just contemplating the idea of having an Alfa Romeo 4C right now. I think I'll still get a used Cayman 981 Base model with a manual since I can't imagine a better car with a manual except the MX-5. But I started thinking of the Alfa Romeo 4C and Lotus Evora recently.

Neither lol.

At $75K I'd be looking at a used 911, Cayman, Mustang GT350, Camaro ZL1, and finally an F-Type.

F-Type or Cayman is probs my ultimate choice lol.

All those are fantastic cars. Objectively better than the Alfa Romeo 4C...but just look at this thing! I've driven the cars you've listed (or at least the base/S models of them), but there's just something about the Alfa Romeo 4C that catches my attention. And being a Toyota fan, that engine in the Lotus Evora just sounds great on Youtube...

I actually just rented an Alfa Romeo 4C for next weekend so I'm hoping the experience lives up to the hype.

Neither. I'd take that money and get an old JDM import and mod the hell out of it. Most likely a RPS13.

OK, I won't lie. I actually had to Google what you meant by the RPS13. But from a quick Google, those cars look awesome. I guess my question though is why a RPS13?

KRaZyAmmo

OK, I won't lie. I actually had to Google what you meant by the RPS13. But from a quick Google, those cars look awesome. I guess my question though is why a RPS13?

I basically love S chassis. Any time I look for a car, I always want to have aftermarket support. I love modified cars more than exotics (although modded exotics are pretty cool too).

matmanx1

Hmm, well I've been a fan of the Evora for a long time, basically since they came out. And being a Toyota drive train you know it's going to be solid from a mechanical point of view (although the electrics and auxillary systems might be suspect).

That 4C though. Those are just hot. For me it would probably come down to the test drive and which dealership was closer for when it needed servicing. I'm thinking the Lotus would be more livable on a day to day basis as the chassis is supposed to be excellent but the Alfa would be more crazy and exotic.

Anyone who hasn't driven a Miata lately is missing something. =) How's that for a Miata owner response, lol!

I basically love S chassis. Any time I look for a car, I always want to have aftermarket support. I love modified cars more than exotics (although modded exotics are pretty cool too).

OK...Those seriously look awesome. I haven't seen cars like that on the streets in a long time though. Are they more common where you are from?

I agree that having aftermarket support is really nice whether it's just modding or repairing something. Way cheaper than what dealers charge for maintenance and repairs for exotics. But each has its ups and downs, I guess.

Hmm, well I've been a fan of the Evora for a long time, basically since they came out. And being a Toyota drive train you know it's going to be solid from a mechanical point of view (although the electrics and auxillary systems might be suspect).

That 4C though. Those are just hot. For me it would probably come down to the test drive and which dealership was closer for when it needed servicing. I'm thinking the Lotus would be more livable on a day to day basis as the chassis is supposed to be excellent but the Alfa would be more crazy and exotic.

Anyone who hasn't driven a Miata lately is missing something. =) How's that for a Miata owner response, lol!

I would love to test drive a Lotus Evora sometime. I'm renting the Alfa Romeo 4C next weekend so I'm hoping it'll be a blast. But I should seriously stop thinking about cars and buying more additions to my non-existent garage... I blame this NeoGaf Auto Community for sparking my interesting every time I read things here.

KRaZyAmmo

OK...Those seriously look awesome. I haven't seen cars like that on the streets in a long time though. Are they more common where you are from?

I agree that having aftermarket support is really nice whether it's just modding or repairing something. Way cheaper than what dealers charge for maintenance and repairs for exotics. But each has its ups and downs, I guess.

Their not very common. But Seattle does have some pretty good quality builds. Benny from Slowlane put a 1JZ-GTE in his PS13 (S13 Coupe which also happens to be my dream project car)

I do see a lot more when I go down south in like the Renton, Federal Way, and Kent area here.

I feel like a fucking idiot for not checking it during the test drive, but pulling away from the dealer, I learned that pressing the stereo power button does nothing and the display is blank - no clock.

This is a brand new car. Is there some trick I'm missing, or did I really buy a car without a working radio/CD player/clock/etc? Google isn't really helping.

Edit: Uh nevermind. Parked the car, sat for ten minutes, then went out to pick up dinner and it worked. Weird.

Crayon

Great cars. And timely post. I was just cruising eBay and red sr20dets are going for over $2500. Jesus. For comparison, 3sgtes are more like $1000. That demand! I remember in the late 90s when nobody gave two shots about the s13 and s14. I got three of my friends to buy them back then as it was the "secret best used sports car" I knew of. It feels great to see them so revered these days.

KRaZyAmmo

Great cars. And timely post. I was just cruising eBay and red sr20dets are going for over $2500. Jesus. For comparison, 3sgtes are more like $1000. That demand! I remember in the late 90s when nobody gave two shots about the s13 and s14. I got three of my friends to buy them back then as it was the "secret best used sports car" I knew of. It feels great to see them so revered these days.

I wondering...is there any difference between the red top and black top SR20DETs? Do they both suffer from the same rocker arm issues?

Top Bottom