• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Remember when 00 was awesome and nothing could possibly go wrong?

Season 1 was solid. I don't know how in the blue hell season 2 managed to turn everything around to mediocre and then the movie gave a big steaming pile of shit all over our faces.

Jarmel

Banned
Well going back to IBO, it's interesting reading some complaints of the series. Mainly that some people feel it's not 'Okada' enough. I've read a few people complaining that she really isn't bringing anything particularly new to the franchise or setting. I can kinda see that argument in that the show so far has been fairly light on the melodrama.

Honestly though, the more she's put on a leash, the more my sanity is retained. I hope she can't do shit without producers breathing down her neck.

A part of me wants to see Aldnoah Zero just to see if it's as bad as people say.

It's really stupid and nonsensical and nobody acts like a real person and everyone is incompetent except for the tactical genius protagonist who has no character

Really it just sucks in most areas, the first 1 or 2 fights were cool but then the mech powers got less clever and Inaho just bullshitted his way to victory in every fight which only got worse then he got his robo eye that can do anything that the Earth military never decided to mass produce

fertygo

Well going back to IBO, it's interesting reading some complaints of the series. Mainly that some people feel it's not 'Okada' enough. I've read a few people complaining that she really isn't bringing anything particularly new to the franchise or setting. I can kinda see that argument in that the show so far has been fairly light on the melodrama.

Honestly though, the more she's put on a leash, the more my sanity is retained. I hope she can't do shit without producers breathing down her neck.

Like I said, the show will made or break depending what she gonna do with Orga.. I swear if dude gonna wearing a mask..

Defuser

Really it just sucks in most areas, the first 1 or 2 fights were cool but then the mech powers got less clever and Inaho just bullshitted his way to victory in every fight which only got worse then he got his robo eye that can do anything that the Earth military never decided to mass produce
If the military couldn't even beat one measly mars mech and that was Inaho without the robo eye I doubt mass producing the robo eye would have help them either. In short the earth military are jobbers no matter what cards they have.

Like I said, the show will made or break depending what she gonna do with Orga.. I swear if dude gonna wearing a mask..

He seems like he's being set up to die. I mean he's like Mika's role model in some way with how Mika always asks him what to do for everything.

I can definitely see Okada using that opportunity for melodrama.

fertygo

He seems like he's being set up to die. I mean he's like Mika's role model in some way with how Mika always asks him what to do for everything.

I can definitely see Okada using that opportunity for melodrama.

Personally that route have much better probability to executed well than my feared scenario.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ya know, I think I stopped watching Say, I love you and I need to finish it. It's been in my Crunchy queue for about 8-10 months now. Lol.
Now, Reaching You, I've never heard of.

Edit that. I know it as "From Me to You"

I got really, really bored with the slow as molasses pace and utter boring MC and heroine. I realize that tone they portray is on purpose, but it was incredibly frustrating at times. I have 6 episodes left of S2, so I should just finish it at some point...I can only imagine it's a stalemate ending though, since that is the way the whole anime has been. Her friend was the most interesting character.
No, the "series" ends with them getting together. The book transitions into the lives of her friends and the relationships that they have... Sawako is still around, and she's still figuring things out with her dude like how to introduce him to her parents and yaddayadda... but that stuff never appears in the anime.

I think the funniest thing is that in the live action movie, they just end the film with them holding hands or something. Not even a kiss. lol

sonicmj1

A part of me wants to see Aldnoah Zero just to see if it's as bad as people say.

The second season of Aldnoah Zero isn't even bad in a way that's fun to watch. It's boring, and it fails to commit to even trying anything interesting. The finale may be the limpest so-called "climax" I've had the displeasure of watching.

The second season of Aldnoah Zero isn't even bad in a way that's fun to watch. It's boring, and it fails to commit to even trying anything interesting. The finale may be the limpest so-called "climax" I've had the displeasure of watching.

Seriously, the kicker to the finale was a reference to Magneto and Professor X playing chess in fucking X-Men 2

Cornbread78

No, the "series" ends with them getting together. The book transitions into the lives of her friends and the relationships that they have... Sawako is still around, and she's still figuring things out with her dude like how to introduce him to her parents and yaddayadda... but that stuff never appears in the anime.

I think the funniest thing is that in the live action movie, they just end the film with them holding hands or something. Not even a kiss. lol

I think her parents would have been extremely excited from what I remember, lol.

I remember that one of her friends liked the much older guy that was getting married and her other friend liked the other boy in their group of friends, but wouldn't tell him or something, lol. I'll clear it outta my Crunchy queue at some point. Maybe the last couple episodes make it worth while somehow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think her parents would have been extremely excited from what I remember, lol.

I remember that one of her friends liked the much older guy that was getting married and her other friend liked the other boy in their group of friends, but wouldn't tell him or something, lol. I'll clear it outta my Crunchy queue at some point. Maybe the last couple episodes make it worth while somehow.
Yeah, that friend hooks
up with the guy's brother while the other girl hooks up with the new guy from S2.
It's still really the only show that pushes the idea of the heroine basically just doing things for herself and not because she's constantly pining for the perfect boyfriend. In fact, the boyfriend admits that he sucks. lol

Line_HTX

Aldnoah Zero has something at least.

The only thing I'll remember from Aldnoah Zero is the Mika Kobayashi version of aLIEz.

Whoaahahoo~ whoaahahoo~ whoaahahoo Lalala LA LA LA LA LA LAAA~~~

Phatmac

Remember when the princess ends up
with some random rich dude at the near end of the series for no apparent reason?
Fuck Aldnoah zero

Line_HTX

with some random rich dude at the near end of the series for no apparent reason?
Fuck Aldnoah zero

I don't remember that, or I didn't pay attention to the surroundings, or just tuned out for a few minutes just gazing without registering anything.

pbayne

Fuck Aldnoah zero

Remember when everyone
died at the end of season one except they didn't because...I don't know magic or something
Fuck that show.

jgminto

Aldnoah is probably the worst mecha I watched in the past few years followed by Majestic Prince and Captain Earth. But those other two were just bad, Aldnoah was actively frustrating the entire time.

Dynedom

Aside from Gargantia, it's pretty sad that the only decent mecha anime to come out these past few years was...Majestic Prince.

jgminto

Aside from Gargantia, it's pretty sad that the only decent mecha anime to come out these past few years was...Majestic Prince.

Gundam Build Fighters, the first season of Valvrave. I'd even put GBF Try over MJP even though it was a massive disappointment.

I actually do find myself looking back on Majestic Prince with genuine fondness. It's not amazing, and the first half is too slow, but that second half is a lot of fun The fight scenes have a good visceral feel to them to.

tumblr_nokk8h80tx1rjxyrgo1_500.gif

A shame it never got a second season, but the ending was alright.

Line_HTX

The Gundam models were pretty sick and awesome, and some characters were cool, but overall, I did not enjoy the majority of GBF. I don't like it.

LOL BGBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom