• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Hilda's backstory is amazing.

tumblr_nfuq2ltLE61r4vymlo1_500.gif

HAHAHAHAHA

Where's policestompinghilda.gif

I don't think I have the Hilda pie .gif anymore and that makes me very sad

edit: I think I lost all my Cross Ange pictures. Damn, this is worse then when the Library of Alexandria was destroyed, I needed those

I actually do find myself looking back on Majestic Prince with genuine fondness. It's not amazing, and the first half is too slow, but that second half is a lot of fun The fight scenes have a good visceral feel to them to.

tumblr_nokk8h80tx1rjxyrgo1_500.gif

A shame it never got a second season, but the ending was alright.

https://jii.moe/VkmqkbPle.webm

The fights were definitely a pleasure to watch. Glad to know that more studios are going to Orange for their CGI mecha nowadays.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Speaking of English in Anime [a page ago]: In some ways Kiniro Mosaic really should have employed two English girls to voice the two, well, English girls. The scenes where they are back home in England were so bad. And what's more realistic than a Japanese voice actress putting on a 'foreigner trying to speak Japanese' accent? An actual foreigner trying to speak Japanese.

Speaking of English in Anime [a page ago]: In some ways Kiniro Mosaic really should have employed two English girls to voice the two, well, English girls. The scenes where they are back home in England were so bad. And what's more realistic than a Japanese voice actress putting on a 'foreigner trying to speak Japanese' accent? An actual foreigner trying to speak Japanese.

I think Giant Killing did it for the foreigners. Though it wasn't very good because the VA agencies don't have access to trained foreign VAs, so I guess they just hired a bunch of international students for that job.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ergo Proxy Episode 9:

So we have officially reached what could be defined as the Casshern Sins portion of Ergo Proxy, wherein Vincent Law is going to have a bunch of adventures in the wasteland on the way to Mosk. I have seen much in the way of critiques claiming that the plot basically stops for ten episodes (with some exceptions) while Vincent has encounters of a random nature. This has not occurred yet since this episode directly tied to the preceding and inside the ponderous remonstrances about the nature of war and concepts of that nature the plot is still going on and things remain surprising lucid and coherent for the time being as Vincent finally realizes some things that were perhaps padded out internally a bit too long, but it is of little matter. At any rate, still enjoying the series in spite of the occasional depths into pretentiousness but this is something have been expecting from a post-cyberpunk work that was clearly influenced by the likes of Ghost in the Shell and The Matrix trilogy among other works. Ruminations about the nature of life, the universe and everything just comes with the territory.

I gotta agree with everyone here. Aldnoah S1 was solid. Then season 2 came and much like Psycho-Pass, the whole thing turned into a shit show. Oh and that " Ohh ohh ohh ohhhhhhh" song that I thought was cool at first? It got pretty God damn annoying after they kept using it over and over each episode. I remember counting how many times it came up in a single episode, and it was 3 times. 3 TIMES.

pbayne

Concerto Revo 2 and Comet Lucifer 2

Both shows are just spinning wheels for me. Its kinda sad that I don't like or hate either show so far, I'm just indifferent to them. Close to dropping both.

Osomatsu 2

So happy to see this power on from last week. Hope they do another bishoujo type episode in the future because that was gold.

phaze

Ergo Proxy Episode 9:

So we have officially reached what could be defined as the Casshern Sins portion of Ergo Proxy, wherein Vincent Law is going to have a bunch of adventures in the wasteland on the way to Mosk. I have seen much in the way of critiques claiming that the plot basically stops for ten episodes (with some exceptions) while Vincent has encounters of a random nature. This has not occurred yet since this episode directly tied to the preceding and inside the ponderous remonstrances about the nature of war and concepts of that nature the plot is still going on and things remain surprising lucid and coherent for the time being as Vincent finally realizes some things that were perhaps padded out internally a bit too long, but it is of little matter. At any rate, still enjoying the series in spite of the occasional depths into pretentiousness but this is something have been expecting from a post-cyberpunk work that was clearly influenced by the likes of Ghost in the Shell and The Matrix trilogy among other works. Ruminations about the nature of life, the universe and everything just comes with the territory.

popcorn.gif

Can't wait till you get to ep 11.

Edit: Dub or Sub ?

Eureka Seven 7 29

It only took 29 episodes for Renton to find out what exactly is the (still vague) purpose of the Gekkostate crew. To join whom, he threw away his former life, killed people left and right and became a man wanted by the world government/military/whatever it is that rules this earth. And he didn't even learn this out of his own volition. Sasuga him.

Blood-C 7
What a twist.

kewlmyc

Remember when the princess ends up
with some random rich dude at the near end of the series for no apparent reason?
Fuck Aldnoah zero

Surprisingly, who the princess ended up with was the least of the show's problems. I wouldn't have cared if they had not treated him as some important character when he was introduced 2 episodes before the finale.

Conan-san

Failed Knight 2
See. If you're going to be an adaption of a trashy YA Novel you need to go to the nines.
And OH BOY DID THIS GO TO THE NINES.

Also, hurray for going down the path of "DON'T SISCON".

Cornbread78

Same link works for me and I'm in EU, I doubt there is actually a different link for other regions, I've never heard of that.
What's that Evangelion DLC?

OK, someone couldn't access it from EU, so I wanted to double check if there was an issue with it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1122510&highlight=evangelion+dlc

I ended up getting the preorder in the end. MGSV and COD gave me enough credit for it, so I'll be joining you guys on the OT next week.

Yeah, the OT will go up later this afternoon since the EU launch is 10/16. NA has to wait until Tuesday, lol.
PC or PS4?

Yeah, the OT will go up later this afternoon since the EU launch is 10/16. NA has to wait until Tuesday, lol.
PC or PS4?

Good stuff, hopefully people tag spoilers but I'd love to see impressions to pump me up. And PS4. Most likely gonna Remote Play the game, since I like my JRPGs on a small screen, in the comfort of my bed before going to sleep lmfao.

Phatmac

Surprisingly, who the princess ended up with was the least of the show's problems. I wouldn't have cared if they had not treated him as some important character when he was introduced 2 episodes before the finale.
Yeah it's just hilarious that they introduced that element of the show at the last possible moment.

Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note Episode 2 – The Missing Bike Knows Part 2
CRSO8-aW8AECP7U.png
CRSPaseWIAAuDXq.png

Wakatake is the best one. Hope he gets his bike back or he can count his allowance goodbye.

The kuroki part was fun, her otome fantasies are the best.

Eureka Seven 7 29

It only took 29 episodes for Renton to find out what exactly is the (still vague) purpose of the Gekkostate crew. To join whom, he threw away his former life, killed people left and right and became a man wanted by the world government/military/whatever it is that rules this earth. And he didn't even learn this out of his own volition.

Sort of everything in E7 is like that. Just kinda random and stupid the second you actually think about it. I think there's still a bunch of revelations ahead that'll just make you wonder "what's the point in telling me now instead of the very first episode - the hell?"

Sasuga him.

Don't know what that means, but I think I'd be in favor of it.

Sort of everything in E7 is like that. Just kinda random and stupid the second you actually think about it. I think there's still a bunch of revelations ahead that'll just make you wonder "what's the point in telling me now instead of the very first episode - the hell?"

Don't know what that means, but I think I'd be in favor of it.

Because if they did tell you all that in the first episode it'd completely screw up the pacing for the second half.

That's just Eureka Seven's style of storytelling. It's very much a show that tells you about the characters, their backstory, and then it tells you about the world, its lore, and how it works basically at the end. The reason why some people find the first half so disappointing is that it's a show that focuses first and foremost on relationships, and those relationships for the most part do not change fast. The show is a slow burn.

And some people may be annoyed with that order of storytelling. Some people probably need the world to be set up first, before they an focus on anything else. Looking back on it however, with Eureka Seven's main theme being about love conquering all, I'm not bothered by it in hindsight.

Because if they did tell you all that in the first episode it'd completely screw up the pacing for the second half.

Well I didn't mean what Phaze mention but stuff lying further ahead, such as
finally mentioning the backstory of the human race and earth, something I was continuously wondering about to get a better grip of the setting.

As far as pacing is concerned, it's already bad anyways. To think how many episodes they gear up before the last major engagement - absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention that a lot of the character 'development' in this show goes in circles for large parts of the show, especially with Holland's issues/backstory as well as Eureka's and Renton's relationship. I wouldn't call bad pacing a primary problem of E7 though. That's just one of many by-products you get from bad writing.

It's so accurate otherwise, especially the parts where the English girls love cookies.

SephLuis

Comet Lucifer 01 and 02

Hello there, Teggen Toppa Gurren Laggan. It's been a while.

Young Black Jack

So, this is like Trauma Center where all the medical jargon will fly over my head.

Concerning the Blood Orphan Gundam show. It's only 2 episodes in but I've been entirely unimpressed and since I know Okada can't write characters well in the long run I don't think my opinion will change really. I hardly like mechas and this one seems hardly unique, featuring the usual factions, smart and stoic teenagers as well as some 'princess' having a realization about the cruel world.

Combat was the usual mecha bore, too. Children win because they're super smart while the experienced veterans are overzealous. If this is considered good I'll gladly stay out of anything else Gundam related.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So Anthony Bourdain did an Okinawa episode and although I sort of know about the issues in a flandarized form from Yakuza 3, it sort of puts into context the whole Japan-but-not-Japan sentiment expressed in Eureka AO. The fact that Okinawans were shot if they spoke their native language instead of Japanese during WW2, let alone the fact that their island is basically home to more Americans than most small towns in America and I can see why someone would think of writing an anime where Okinawa declares its independence and separates from Japan.

It's too bad that the Okinawa stuff is attached to the shit show that is Eureka AO, because there is probably an interesting show about what it's like to be from Okinawa and feel detached from Japanese culture and identity.

Concerning the Blood Orphan Gundam show. It's only 2 episodes in but I've been entirely unimpressed and since I know Okada can't write characters well in the long run I don't think my opinion will change really. I hardly like mechas and this one seems hardly unique, featuring the usual factions, smart and stoic teenagers as well as some 'princess' having a realization about the cruel world.

Combat was the usual mecha bore, too. Children win because they're super smart while the experienced veterans are overzealous. If this is considered good I'll gladly stay out of anything else Gundam related.

At least check out the original Gundam from 1979 (The movie trilogy version, if you're short on time).

That one's a classic that pretty much changed the entire mecha genre by introducing the "real robot" sub-genre as opposed to the standard "super robot" that was the norm for its time.

Or if you're really short on time and not interested in seeing a big mecha adventure, watch War in the Pocket.

That one is only 6 episodes long and contains the most heart-wrenching story in all of Gundam. It's one of the highest points of the franchise and has quite a different story from all the other Gundam shows.

phaze

Combat was the usual mecha bore, too. Children win because they're super smart while the experienced veterans are overzealous.

Yeah that about sums my feelings too.

+ some of the ridiculous hair designs bother me more than they should.

If this is considered good I'll gladly stay out of anything else Gundam related.

Wise choice. Watch Naruto instead.

What ?

Or if you're really short on time and not interested in seeing a big mecha adventure, watch War in the Pocket.

It's one of the highest points of the franchise.

What a sad indictment of the entire series.

War in the Pocket has a protagonist that is 1000 times more infuriating then Renton. Also Parasyte levels of OST choices and of the overbearing way it uses to deliver its themes.

Shomin Sample - 02

There were only roughly a total of 11 exclusive thigh camera angles, involving a total of 25 total people, 6 of them Reiko's effort alone.
A disappointing step down from the first episode, however they did include panty shots in this episode. Does it even the scales? Personally I don't think it does.

Ojousamas experiencing and reacting to the ways of the pleb life in slices, gives me a similar endorphin release as when Gate had it's modern cultural exploration sections.
A short bath scene was also featured, in which for entertainment value I can only (unlikely) hope that Reiko undergoes something of the likes of Anna from Shimoneta.

My favorite moment of the episode was not even a second long. The maid clucked her tongue in disapproval. Yes, I am a simple man to please.
As you can clearly tell this show is passing my extremely high bar of quality control! That is what I would say, if the preview didn't show that the little midget is coming to fuck everything up next episode. We had a good run Shomin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom