• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 2

Still pretty good so far. I'm actually impressed with the world building and characterization from these first two episodes. Next episode should be pretty good if this keeps up.

On a side note, I'm convinced Ein Dalton is going to become very important at some point. His whole character screams "I will do something that will impact the story."

Firemind

Well it ended like this.

Are you also going to tell me that Sousuke and Al aren't friends at the end of Second Raid too?

He worries about her partly because it's his job but also because he's starting to develop feelings for her. There are so many instances of Fumoffu where he mixes up his job of protecting her along with his own feelings. That's largely why 2nd Raid exists in that he can't hide behind his job anymore.

I guess that dejected sigh was for no reason. Him mixing his words up earlier when he found out the guy was normal was just relief then.

Must have been the heat.
So not that different from your average high school anime then. OH EM GEE LOOK AT HIS NONVERBAL LANGUAGE IT MUST MEAN SOMETHING

I may not have seen Hyouka, but I know tepid romance when I see one.

Cornbread78

Did you finish Hatsukoi Limited? I don't think I've seen a non-shoujo approach romance as well as that show sadly. AnoNatsu comes a close second I suppose.

Saionkoku does romance the best, by virtue of being a shoujo. Cross Game plays the long game, as it were, but there's a mid-series "twist" that is tremendous bullshit. lol

Yeah, I just finished Hatsukoi last night. I was a pretty good watch too. AnoNatsu was pretty good as well. Saiunkoku h as been on my watch list for so long now, lol..

Hatsukoi Limited 01-02

Well thanks to Firehawk mentioning this show I checked it out. First episode was pretty enjoyable. Same with the second one. Seems to have a ton of characters, and their relationships all intertwine in some way. I also gotta say it can be pretty funny at times. Tons of humour and romance in this one.

Cornbread78

Hatsukoi Limited 01-02

Well thanks to Firehawk mentioning this show I checked it out. First episode was pretty enjoyable. Same with the second one. Seems to have a ton of characters, and their relationships all intertwine in some way. I also gotta say it can be pretty funny at times. Tons of humour and romance in this one.

Look up my write up from last night, lol. It's pretty fun to watch with decent romance, albeit, cliché at times.

Look up my write up from last night, lol. It's pretty fun to watch with decent romance, albeit, cliché at times.

Hatsukoi Limited ep.10-END
Ok, I kinda dig this series as a whole. I mean, there was a lot of cheesy stuff for sure, but the themes were unique as well as the characters and the story was fun to follow. It was a good design choice to choose multiple themes as endings for each "couple" with some wind, some losses and some stalemates, but lots of hope, lol.

Pretty good show

Yup seems like a positive review to me. Gonna continue watching. This one is super short anyway

Firemind

Have we watched the same show? There's no payoff at all. The first season's ending was shit. Fumoffu's ending was shit. And Second Raid's ending was shit. But I guess that's to be expected coming from a light novel. No, I don't watch FMP for the romance. That's like saying you watch Star Wars for its romance plot. No matter how you spin it, it's still written by George Lucas.

Jarmel

Banned
Have we watched the same show? There's no payoff at all. The first season's ending was shit. Fumoffu's ending was shit. And Second Raid's ending was shit. But I guess that's to be expected coming from a light novel. No, I don't watch FMP for the romance. That's like saying you watch Star Wars for its romance plot. No matter how you spin it, it's still written by George Lucas.

ok

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Are we now in bizarro world and pretend Second Raid is superbly written fiction? :lol

No, we're in bizarro world where you think you're actually right about this and that makes you smarter than everyone else.

Cornbread78

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

No, we're in bizarro world where you think you're actually right about this and that makes you smarter than everyone else.

I'll be the simpleton third party arbitrator in a few weeks. You guys are killing me here, lol.

Are we now in bizarro world and pretend Second Raid is superbly written fiction? :lol

No, this is the real world where The Second Raid is a well written anime and comparing FMP to Star Wars is laughable.

I'm with Nintendoman and Jarmel on this one. Sure, it is baby steps in some ways, but Sousuke is a military weirdo with near-zero social skills and hair trigger reactions to personal space violations, surprises and objects he deems suspicious or dangerous.

There is definite development on Sousuke personally, and his relationship with Kaname and life in general.

This guy gets it.

Baalzebup

I'm with Nintendoman and Jarmel on this one. Sure, it is baby steps in some ways, but Sousuke is a military weirdo with near-zero social skills and hair trigger reactions to personal space violations, surprises and objects he deems suspicious or dangerous.

There is definite development on Sousuke personally, and his relationship with Kaname and life in general.

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 2

Still pretty good so far. I'm actually impressed with the world building and characterization from these first two episodes. Next episode should be pretty good if this keeps up.

On a side note, I'm convinced Ein Dalton is going to become very important at some point. His whole character screams "I will do something that will impact the story."

I hopes hes the next Graham Aker.

Firemind

No, this is the real world where The Second Raid is a well written anime and comparing FMP to Star Wars is laughable.
Sousuke spends half of the show being a bedridden angsty teenager. What cracks me up is he actually meets Kanami's identical twin in Hong Kong during his time of self-discovery. But what really cracks me up the most is Mao's broken Cantonese. We're supposed to believe she can speak fluent Cantonese because she was living in Hong Kong during her youth, yet her Cantonese is unintelligible in reality. It's hilarious in what is supposed to be a serious, "well-written" show.

Baalzebup

Sousuke spends half of the show being a bedridden angsty teenager. What cracks me up is he actually meets Kanami's identical twin in Hong Kong during his time of self-discovery. But what really cracks me up the most is Mao's broken Cantonese. We're supposed to believe she can speak fluent Cantonese because she was living in Hong Kong during her youth, yet her Cantonese is unintelligible in reality. It's hilarious in what is supposed to be a serious, "well-written" show.

And the issue with the VAs lack of skill in Cantonese is a writing issue of all things?!? I mean, I'll concede the point of the Chidori look-alike cuz that was more than a bit silly, but come on.

Phatmac

Much better than the first episode as it haves us a cute date between Toshino and Ayano while also giving us more of the best sis Akane's antics with Akari. I still wish the old studio was doing this show as the old show felt brighter and funnier with the music and overall directing. The new show feels more like a regular SoL show with some yuri while the older show was ridiculously crazy with hints of yuri. Not having the old Akari intros is the biggest offense but I'm not sure this new studio could pull it off without a hitch. It's still a decent show but it could be better. At least we got more buff Akari.
hjBZpd9.png

Sousuke spends half of the show being a bedridden angsty teenager. What cracks me up is he actually meets Kaname's identical twin in Hong Kong during his time of self-discovery. But what really cracks me up the most is Mao's broken Cantonese. We're supposed to believe she can speak fluent Cantonese because she was living in Hong Kong during her youth, yet her Cantonese is unintelligible in reality. It's hilarious in what is supposed to be a serious, "well-written" show.

Sounds like you have an issue with the VA's ability to speak Cantonese properly. I'm not seeing how Mao's broken Cantonese is a fault in the writing.

I'll concede the point about identical Kaname's identical stranger. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit silly.

Baalzebup

I'm sorry, I've lived through the "English" in Symphogear S1. The mangling in Black Lagoon pales in comparison. One and all, they have all been cringe-worthy, but not once have I actually laughed at them. They are terribad, not bad-good. Totally not a writing issue though. I'd attribute this more to production and direction, rather than writing. Some idiot wanted English when the VAs didn't have the ability and that is the end result. There are a number of ways to depict people speaking different languages.

Can't we all just stop passive aggressive fighting and agree that all your favorite Anime are shit?

Though once you say brack ragoon isn't great your opinion is made invalid

Witch Hunter Robin 11

As much as these standalone episodes can be enjoyable, I want the overarching story to begin soon. This last episode wasn't that great of an episode. Not a whole lot to say on it.

Line_HTX

Ahh, yes... Robin was a pretty chill show back in the ASA days. The main story does start soon enough. I loved both halves of the show. A classic.

Who spoke good English? Only ones I can think of is Miyukichi and Yuu Awakawa. I mean, Asakawa's Twitter is mostly in English.

E: That cursed rabbit Zach!

Yeah Sawashiro is pretty good (who knows what the fuck she was doing in Symphogear which is probably the absolute worst engrish in anime, above Kaji in 2.22) I think she dubbed herself in English for one series, might have been Di Gi Charat?

Yeah Sawashiro is pretty good (who knows what the fuck she was doing in Symphogear which is probably the absolute worst engrish in anime, above Kaji in 2.22) I think she dubbed herself in English for one series, might have been Di Gi Charat?
Yeah, It was an English dub of the DiGiCharat "movie" (like the length of an average episode IIRC) and I can't for the life of me track it down since all recent releases have been sub release only. Which I guess isn't bad at all since you get to hear Miyukichi either way.

Jintor

one of my friends was complaining about a show where the characters were clearly supposed to be in english class, but the seiyuu accents were so horrendous it sounded like they were speaking french

Jarmel

Banned
Speaking of bad writing, this Symphogear GX writing is fucking terrible. It's like the writer gave up half way and said "fuck it".

Speaking of bad writing, this Symphogear GX writing is fucking terrible. It's like the writer gave up half way and said "fuck it".

GX is has a lot of the lowest points in the series, mainly recycling character arcs and taking away Hibiki's determination to fist for some stupid ass pacifism arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom