• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

FMP felt like the author wanted to write a shitty high school wish-fulfilment romance, but since it wasn't exciting enough, he put MECHA in it and reworked the setting a bit. The fact that he later went and wrote Amagi tits and asses just seems to reinforce the point.

This said, Fumoffu is pretty solid comedy.

Jarmel

Banned
FMP felt like the author wanted to write a shitty high school wish-fulfilment romance, but since it wasn't exciting enough, he put MECHA in it and reworked the setting a bit. The fact that he later went and wrote Amagi tits and asses just seems to reinforce the point.

This said, Fumoffu is pretty solid comedy.

Considering the high school setting is dropped almost completely halfway through the LN series, no that's not the case.

Cornbread78

Nodame Cantabile Finale ep.1-3
I completely forgot I never watched the final season of this show. The show got much better in Paris and it continued into the final season with Nodame continuing to grow as an pianist to catch up to the prodigy Chiaki. I love the tone and feel of the show and, of course, the music is great classics and is used perfectly to depict mode, tone and especially, the emotions if Nodame.

Line_HTX

Nodame Cantabile Finale ep.1-3
I completely forgot I never watched the final season of this show. The show got much better in Paris and it continued into the final season with Nodame continuing to grow as an pianist to catch up to the prodigy Chiaki. I love the tone and feel of the show and, of course, the music is great classics and is used perfectly to depict mode, tone and especially, the emotions if Nodame.

AHH, fuck, I forgot to watch this too! My only knowledge is from the J-Drama which won awards and stuff. I haven't had so much fun watching a Live Action in a long time.

I need to watch the stuff that happens after the two Paris episodes, both of which were two fucking hours long.

This story kind of hits home and takes me back to the days when I studied piano with a private teacher every week. My only regrets were that I wanted to learn how to play some of my favorite pieces that were almost 10 minutes long. I mean, sure, I knew how to play Chopin's Ballade I forget which number, but I didn't have that much of an emotional connection than say, Schubert.

I find it funny how before Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans aired people were worried and doubtful because Okada was in charge of the script. That it would be pretty shitty.

Yet the first 2 episodes were pretty good. What happened?

Hopefully this post doesn't jinx it.

Jarmel

Banned
I find it funny how before Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans aired people were worried and doubtful because Okada was in charge of the script. That it would be pretty shitty.

23 episodes left

Don't count her out yet.

After Tomino even Okada looks like a genius.

fertygo

I bet if they taking route where Orga goes BETRAYALTON, series will be panned.

I'm kinda confident if they taking true bro route.

Narag

Remember when 00 was awesome and nothing could possibly go wrong?

That's pretty much how I feel this is going to go down. This will turn out to be a great Gundam show, then season 2 will be announced, start off awesome, and then lose its mind partially through the show.

I was doubtful because the last Gundam shows I've watched that follow SEED (Destiny, 00 and Age) have varied from being a trainwreck to god awful.

So far it's proving me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath it won't go the same way SEED Destiny and 00 did.

Cornbread78

AHH, fuck, I forgot to watch this too! My only knowledge is from the J-Drama which won awards and stuff. I haven't had so much fun watching a Live Action in a long time.

I need to watch the stuff that happens after the two Paris episodes, both of which were two fucking hours long.

This story kind of hits home and takes me back to the days when I studied piano with a private teacher every week. My only regrets were that I wanted to learn how to play some of my favorite pieces that were almost 10 minutes long. I mean, sure, I knew how to play Chopin's Ballade I forget which number, but I didn't have that much of an emotional connection than say, Schubert.

I don't even remember what sidetracked me from watching the final season. It's friggen m ADHD I tell ya. I bounce from one thing to another all the time. I do it with games as well, lol.

Baalzebup

I was doubtful because the last Gundam shows I've watched that follow SEED have varied from being a trainwreck to god awful.

So far it's proving me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath it won't go the same way SEED Destiny and 00 did.

....Does this mean that you think the first season of Build Fighters is shit, or that you haven't watched it?

Line_HTX

Tell me more about 00. I didn't get into the habit of watching stuff weekly at the time, however, I was engrossed into Code Geass and other shows.

What was the turning point where you went, oh boy, we have reached the point of no return?

Jarmel

Banned
Tell me more about 00. I didn't get into the habit of watching stuff weekly at the time, however, I was engrossed into Code Geass and other shows.

What was the turning point where you went, oh boy, we have reached the point of no return?

snapshot20071207140547.jpg

fertygo

00 S2 was fun.

Show's coherent, mech fight is great.. final eps is best modern gundam eps and et cetera.

Its betraying the expectation from S1 sure, but I think its "solid 6" at worst for what it is

For me, the minute Gundam 00 started going downhill was when Marina's Ismail's song in season 2 played for the first time.

Narag

00 S2 was fun.

Show's coherent, mech fight is great.. final eps is best modern gundam eps and et cetera.

Its betraying the expectation from S1 sure, but I think its "solid 6" at worst for what it is

Yeah, for all of its faults, I still marked out at
0 Gundam vs Exia
at the end.

I mean, it can partially be claimed that it's because of everyone else involved, like the director and others, that it ended up good. But people have been praising the writing, so I'm even more shocked.

I never really thought it would be that bad though, since I liked her work on M3.

Hatsukoi Limited 08

Stopping here for today. The proof that nice guys never get the girl is right here. Didn't just happen to one, but TWO of the dudes lol.

fertygo

If 00 S2 is different title altogether, I bet many people would wish many recent mech show at least can reach its quality ceiling.

For example 00 S2 still miles ahead of Aldnoah (damn ei aoki, you're supposed to be that dude)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm gonna have to check Hatsukoi Limited. It's "pretty recent" too, never watched it. AnoNatsu was great, but I think he watched it already, I feel like I remember him posting about it not too long ago. Maybe it was someone else.
It's great. It's not as fanservicey as the mangaka's other work (Ichigo 100 or whatever?) and although the mangaka was forced to end it early for whatever reason, it just means that the anime gets to tell a complete story instead of fucking around like another anime adaptations.

Yeah, I just finished Hatsukoi last night. I was a pretty good watch too. AnoNatsu was pretty good as well. Saiunkoku h as been on my watch list for so long now, lol..
Ah. lol
It's too bad those two are basically the peak...
I assume you've seen Say I Love You and Reaching You as well. Shoujo-wise, they do the best with good character arcs and romance.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yea they're mainly in that phase during the anime. Of course that pretty much all changes in the next arc but that hasn't been animated yet.

4812803-4190134367-A-Thi.jpg
Since the book ended, did the dude end up with the RIGHT girl, or the crappy blue haired girl?
lol

Mao is secret best choice of course

Jarmel

Banned
Since the book ended, did the dude end up with the RIGHT girl, or the crappy blue haired girl?
lol

Mao is secret best choice of course

No he doesn't end up with Tessa. She does get a nice consolation prize though in some new boy toy in the sequel series. lol

Oh and Tessa gets a lot more badass apparently after she gets dumped.

ibyea

Banned

it looks like this was restrained Okada

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No he doesn't end up with Tessa. She does get a nice consolation prize though in some new boy toy in the sequel series. lol

Oh and Tessa gets a lot more badass apparently after she gets dumped.
I mean I'm not surprised, but it's still lame.

That Mao didn't tie him up and make him her slave.

All this FMP talk is making me wish the light novels would get rescued. I'd settle with getting Full Metal Panic Sigma an official english release.

Jarmel

Banned
All this FMP talk is making me wish the light novels would get rescued. I'd settle with getting Full Metal Panic Sigma an official english release.

Yea that's just totally in the ether which pisses me off. If something comes of that announcement later this month, it might inspire some US publisher to actually finish publishing the series.

Yea that's just totally in the ether which pisses me off. If something comes of that announcement later this month, it might inspire some US publisher to actually finish publishing the series.

I have little hope the LN's will be rescued sadly. Sigma might have a chance since it's a manga and there's less text to translate.

Line_HTX

What are you confused about? Or do you just Aldnoah?

I mean... over the years I hear here and there that S2 is bad, and I watch Aldnoah and I'm like, man this is awful, but it's not the worst. Maybe I just have this impression in my mind because of hearsay that 00 S2 is worse than Aldnoah.

Cornbread78

Ah. lol
It's too bad those two are basically the peak...
I assume you've seen Say I Love You and Reaching You as well. Shoujo-wise, they do the best with good character arcs and romance.

Ya know, I think I stopped watching Say, I love you and I need to finish it. It's been in my Crunchy queue for about 8-10 months now. Lol.
Now, Reaching You, I've never heard of.

Edit that. I know it as "From Me to You"

I got really, really bored with the slow as molasses pace and utter boring MC and heroine. I realize that tone they portray is on purpose, but it was incredibly frustrating at times. I have 6 episodes left of S2, so I should just finish it at some point...I can only imagine it's a stalemate ending though, since that is the way the whole anime has been. Her friend was the most interesting character.

Watching Aldnoah made me briefly wonder if I hate mecha anime.

Then I remember mecha anime is inherently awesome, and Aldnoah is just literally everything wrong with the genre compiled into a single show.

To give you an idea of how much I dislike Aldnoah, I would rather rewatch Eureka Seven AO than Aldnoah.

Honestly? No.

I never really thought 00 was that strong, even at the beginning. Iron-Blooded Orphans is debuting from a much stronger position than 00.

Of course, it could still fall apart at any second. We are talking about Sunrise here.

Narag

Honestly? No.

I never really thought 00 was that strong, even at the beginning. Iron-Blooded Orphans is debuting from a much stronger position than 00.

Of course, it could still fall apart at any second. We are talking about Sunrise here.

Yeah, that's the other danger. Success leading to rewrites to stretch it out.

Line_HTX

Watching Aldnoah made me briefly wonder if I hate mecha anime.

Then I remember mecha anime is inherently awesome, and Aldnoah is just literally everything wrong with the genre compiled into a single show.

To give you an idea of how much I dislike Aldnoah, I would rather rewatch Eureka Seven AO than Aldnoah.

I mean, I'll admit, I did like the first half of Aldnoah. And then I was like... :|

He fucking turned into
Magneto imprisoned, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom