• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Cross Game ep.1
Well, fucking hell. WTF. Why am I tearing up 1 episode into this? why, why, why... That was so wrong, I was already prepping myself for future plotlines & drama for the childhood friend and that other girl that plays baseball, but I was not expecting THAT. Completely out of left field and even with very little character development, that sucked. I wasn't expecting that at all, damn.. sad, sad, sad. The image about crying at the end..damn..

Seraph of the End 11 - 12 (3rd time watching full series)

Still remains as definitive as it was when it was airing earlier this year. ONe of the few times the sub is as great and comparable as the dub. I will definitely put it up there as one of the best romance stories set in post apocalyptic times and animated. The jazz number playing along as both Yuu and Mika hope for the best for one another was lovely.

Quite hyped for this new season..

Cross Game ep.1
Well, fucking hell. WTF. Why am I tearing up 1 episode into this? why, why, why... That was so wrong, I was already prepping myself for future plotlines & drama for the childhood friend and that other girl that plays baseball, but I was not expecting THAT. Completely out of left field and even with very little character development, that sucked. I wasn't expecting that at all, damn..

Hits even harder in the manga since there's more time before that happens for you to get to know the characters better.

But yeah, welcome to Cross Game.

Cross Game ep.1
Well, fucking hell. WTF. Why am I tearing up 1 episode into this? why, why, why... That was so wrong, I was already prepping myself for future plotlines & drama for the childhood friend and that other girl that plays baseball, but I was not expecting THAT. Completely out of left field and even with very little character development, that sucked. I wasn't expecting that at all, damn.. sad, sad, sad. The image about crying at the end..damn..

Oh, you were just reacting to that.

I thought somebody did an account suicide in here or something, lol.

Phatmac

Cross Game ep.1
Yesss! So glad you're watching it! It's so damn good. First episode hit me hard too. ;__;

God Eater 1 (rewatch)

Feed A is such a great OLDCODEX song and the scene when Lenka is ignoring the orders and goes to fight the Aragami that breached the perimeter is still one of the best scenes in an opening episode of anime this year. Best use of Slow Motion and music to tell a story.

Hatsukoi Limited 09-11

Although somewhat comical, the ending was nice. One sided love here, no resolution there, seems like this was the whole point of the show. To show how these kids fell in love for the first time and what they went through, not really how they got together. It was nice, but nothing mind blowing.

Cornbread78

Lol, we got cars from Twitter and now buildings on fire... "Oh shit, that was crazy"

Hatsukoi Limited 09-11

Although somewhat comical, the ending was nice. One sided love here, no resolution there, seems like this was the whole point of the show. To show how these kids fell in love for the first time and what they went through, not really how they got together. It was nice, but nothing mind blowing.

Yup, pretty much sums it up nicely. It was a fun watch overall.

Now go watch ep.1 of Cross Game..

Yup, pretty much sums it up nicely. It was a fun watch overall.

Now go watch ep.1 of Cross Game..

I could never get into sports shows idk. Only sport I like is soccer, and the only show I watched with it was years and years ago, back when I was still a little kid in Portugal, Oliver and Benji I think it was called.

Pooya

Sherlock Sakurako 2

This show is pretty good so far, well as good as it gets this season, and it looks like the effort went into animating it is well above average. I dig the direction overall too and it's quite enjoyable. They drop little hints on characters and the overarching story here and there instead of spelling everything out I like that, it's a bit on the nose though and it doesn't seem all that interesting so far but the narrative structure is decent, the episodic format too, it's pretty much Sherlock.

It's a solid show will watch/10

I could never get into sports shows idk. Only sport I like is soccer, and the only show I watched with it was years and years ago, back when I was still a little kid in Portugal, Oliver and Benji I think it was called.

It's a coming age story focused on character drama and romance, it doesn't get too detailed when it comes to actual sports.

Zephyx

Hyouka - END

When is Season 2? This anime is all about character development. In the end, it seems that Oreki and Chitanda's roles are reversed (as compared to the beginning of the story) if my understanding of the last episode is correct. Satoshi and Mayaka's relationship was a bit vague in the end too but they were moving on with their lives, perhaps with a chance of them being together.

Overall, really liked the anime even though there were moments that seem boring to me (maybe I just didn't understand what those episodes/moments mean) but the good parts overshadow most of those. Highly recommend this for people who enjoy a bit of mystery or romance and more slice-of-life in their anime.

Sherlock Sakurako 2

This show is pretty good so far, well as good as it gets this season, and it looks like the effort went into animating it is well above average. I dig the direction overall too and it's quite enjoyable. They drop little hints on characters and the overarching story here and there instead of spelling everything out I like that, it's a bit on the nose though and it doesn't seem all that interesting so far but the narrative structure is decent, the episodic format too, it's pretty much Sherlock.

It's a solid show will watch/10

There are a number of airing shows that are better than Sakurako.

50 episodes though, damn. Still have Eureka to watch too. I added it to my queue though. Never thought I'd have an anime backlog just like with games.

There's a lot of anime that have come out over a relatively long time period, so unless you want to restrict yourself to only stuff that's being released right now developing a backlog is inevitable.

Hyouka - END

When is Season 2?

Unlikely to ever happen. The author has not been writing any more books, so there is nothing more to adapt outside a couple of short stories.

Zephyx

Same here. I remember enjoying them when I was a kid but I can't get into them nowadays. I wonder why.

Cornbread78

50 episodes though, damn. Still have Eureka to watch too. I added it to my queue though. Never thought I'd have an anime backlog just like with games.

I just finished the first 3 episodes and so far, baseball is definately going to be a constant in the story, but not the focus. We'll see where it goes, but you should watch ep.1 just because.

Now with Eureka 7, you have to let the story play out and once you get into it, there's no turning back. It moved up into my top three favorite animes of all time after I finished it yesterday.

Certainly not a bad sport to like my friend.

Yup, I hated it growing up, but after watching my kids play and learning to coach it, it grew on me, lol.

I just finished the first 3 episodes and so far, baseball is definately going to be a constant in the story, but not the focus. We'll see where it goes, but you should watch ep.1 just because.

Now with Eureka 7, you have to let the story play out and once you get into it, there's no turning back. It moved up into my top three favorite animes of all time after I finished it yesterday.

Number 1 of the top 3, am I right?!? =D

Certainly not a bad sport to like my friend.

Since I moved to Canada I've disconnected from the European scene, which was what I watched back then. I still watch a match or two with the big ones, or the Euro/World Cups but it just isn't the same. Over here it's only hockey or baseball that people care about.

Yup, I hated it growing up, but after watching my kids play and learning to coach it, it grew on me, lol.

I'd have to do this during a break, simply because I'm the type of guy that binges on content. Just like how I did with Hatsukoi, I watched all 12 episodes because I happened to have finished my school work ahead of time. That isn't always the case. I'll keep an eye on your impressions of Cross Game.

Also as aside, is the Zestiria OT already up? I couldn't find it earlier.

Cornbread78

Cross Game ep.1-3
Ok, so now that the dust has settled from ep1, the first three episodes do a pretty good job at intro cong the characters and their dispositions as we head into the meat of the story. This is another long one, but I look forward to digging in more.

Also as aside, is the Zestiria OT already up? I couldn't find it earlier.

Nope, mods want them up about 5-8 hours before release, so it will go up tomorrow between 12-3pm est.

Katanagatari 06

Wow, I have never seen a series straight spoil itself before. The lines at the end of the episode say "And next time Shichika will have to fucking murder REDACTED." Like wow. I can only assume its because the story is kind of told like an old fable or myth (thus the Monogatari) and it obviously has the most in common with twelve Labors of Hercules and those old stories didn't really give a shit about telling you what happened before it happened. I wonder if it's a fakeout.

Next episode looks different? Maybe another director.

-------------------------------------------

I think I'm going to make my next show to watch something really, really good. Or more like well respected. It's not like I've been backlogging a bunch of garbage since I finished Valvrave. Symphogear I legit enjoyed despite it's trashy nature, Gintama and Monogatari were really, really great series and I have been enjoying Katanagatari as well - but I think it's about time I stop pushing off the real shit I should get to. So next I am either going to do -

- Revolutionary Girl Utena
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes
- The Rose of Versailles
- The rest of Universal Century Gundam (0083, F91, Victory, the episodes of Unicorn I didn't watch, IGLOO ) then Turn A

...But I'm not sure yet.

I think I'm going to make my next show to watch something really, really good. Or more like well respected. It's not like I've been backlogging a bunch of garbage since I finished Valvrave. Symphogear I legit enjoyed despite it's trashy nature, Gintama and Monogatari were really, really great series and I have been enjoying Katanagatari as well - but I think it's about time I stop pushing off the real shit I should get to. So next I am either going to do -

- The Rose of Versailles
- The rest of Universal Century Gundam (0083, F91, Victory, the episodes of Unicorn I didn't watch, IGLOO ) then Turn A

...But I'm not sure yet.

Just watch LOGH.

Jintor

I'm gonna finish off this season of Adventure Time first, then probably try and watch Hyouka and Revolutionary Girl Utena, either one after another or both at the same time.

- The Rose of Versailles

...But I'm not sure yet.
Watch Utena. Definitely don't go with Gundam.

Is this the one with the clock girl?

Kurumi? Aka, Yuno if she had time powers.

Significant future diary spoilers.
Or more complete time powers.

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, lol at that post title.

Instro

Snow White

Playing some catchup here, but its nice to see Bones being more consistent again with putting out good shows. They were kind of a mess for a few years there. Also nice to see Ando not working with crap material. I really liked this first season though, it's not the most visually impressive show around, but I was pretty impressed with how well done the character relationships were. There's a good balance between each episode carrying into the next one, while the stories feel pretty self contained. Each usually carrying some sort of meaningful character development. Oshima continues to be one of the best composers in anime, I love hearing her work. Definitely looking forward to another season.

Gotta say, the upcoming Arslan game actually looks pretty fun. Not amazing, but fun. I might pick it up when it comes here. (Arslan is coming over...but Capcom is still meh on bringing over all the Phoenix Wright games...)

I have to wonder however, how many anime have actually gotten good video game adaptations?

I know some of the Gundam games are pretty solid. Though I remember a Gundam game for the PS3, the one at launch?

Gundamcrossfire_cover.jpg

Was bad in an almost sad way. Like, nothing about this game worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom