• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 episodes into to love ru

Mikan better not join his "harem"

or I'm out

lol

Nope, and I'm stopping this show

I've got at least a thousand better things I could be watching.

just read the manga fucker!

War in the Pocket is one of the finest things the anime medium has ever produced. Just about everything it sets out to do is executed on perfectly. No other anime even comes close to having as strong an examination of war as 0080 does in its six episodes.

Agreed, I can't think of a non-movie anime that comes close. Maybe Legend of the Galactic heroes but it was more political treatise (and a naive one at that, relatively) than it was about war.

VOTOMS? Kind of makes every Gundam series seem like a joke in comparison.

Cornbread78

Cross Game ep. 7-9:
I mean, they have spend these three episodes all playing 1 game, but they have been pretty damn good episodes, so I'm all in on this one. Go Prefab team! I mean, theu characters are all very likable and the tone this anime gives off is great!

fertygo

VOTOMS is fantastic, but no way its have strong depiction of War.. its just cyberpunk classic, and nothing wrong with that.

Everyone should watch VOTOMS. A more mature protagonist than your typical mecha series, a dark, 80's cyberpunk setting, and an awesome soundtrack are all combined into one spectacular show.

javac

Probably of interest to some people
DVD
Nodame Cantabile
Release Date: In Stock Now
Run Time: 600 min
Audio: Japanese / English
Subtitles: English
Format: Four Disc-Set (4 DVDs)
Complete first season, 23 episodes + OVA and extras.
Price:
DVD @ Sirenvisual.com: $69.95 AUD
j0ALIW8.jpg

MrChom

Ok, first off, could you spoiler that please?

Second, as much as I enjoyed Gundam SEED, it's not without its faults. The entire thing is basically just the original Gundam again, and it only really gets good in the moments where it deviates from the original in the show's second half. But even then, Kira is nowhere near as good a character as Amuro, Rau le Creuset isn't the best Char clone out there, and that's not to mention a bunch of other flaws the show has.

Again, this is coming from someone who really enjoyed SEED.

But really, G Gundam is the real best Gundam ever made.

Oh come on, firstly I didn't say what happened nor to whom, and I think the least spoilery thing you can say about any Gundam series is to say someone dies. Hundreds an episode at some points!

Also...it's 26 years old. I think we're past the statute of limitations on that one! Anyway, moving on....

Yes, Seed's flawed, but I was amazed rewatching it just how much I still loved about the show, yes, it has obvious Ramba Ral cloning going on, yes it has the director getting pissy over complaints about the TV version by inserting extra sex, yes, Mu and Kira are both utter assholes at points for no adequate reason... but at the end of it all it's a great bit of soap opera set against the back of some giant stompy robots.

Never seen G, but that's the second recommendation in 2 days now.

JulianImp

Watched a couple more episodes of Nozaki-kun over the last few days, and I've got to say it was quite fun. It isn't anything to write home about, but the way the characters work together is good, and I'm also of happy about the way the cast is mostly stable now, since I was fearing that we'd get too many episodes focusing on one-shot characters that'd barely show up afterwards.

I'm considering picking Hyouka up sometime soon, since most of you guys appear to have liked it (hopefully it isn't School Days "good").

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
VOTOMs is a fun, melodramatic, sci-fi caricature of Vietnam, I wouldn't say it's a serious treatment of war.

"Serious", but not serious, you feel?

I feel like as a whole for the most part (aside from a few suspects) on AnimeGAF and even outside of it, most will tell you that Hyouka is considered one of the greatest shows of all time, period.

After War Gundam X 1

If I didn't know beforehand this wasn't part of UC, I would probably have thought so. Colony drops and Newtypes, I wonder what else will show up. Not terribly fond of character designs at the moment, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Heh.

I was just being cautious, since not knowing a thing about the show meant I couldn't tell whether you guys were being genuine or sarcastic when praising it.

You are safe with this one lol. Now go into it, watch the show and then come back a changed person to tell us your tale and how much you repent comparing it to School Days :)

Heh.

I was just being cautious, since not knowing a thing about the show meant I couldn't tell whether you guys were being genuine or sarcastic when praising it.

School Days is the joke recommendation that actually got people banned in a thread because it's a shit show that is only good for shock value.

Hyouka is a good show that divides AnimeGAF in those that have taste, and those that don't. Basically high school sherlock holmes.

Line_HTX

Sorry y'all

Did you watch the newest [LN trash]? Omg so kawaii ^_^ desu death hentai ecchi no bakka

Apologies, I kind of have a hangover. I'll catch the newest LN trash per Shouta's suggestion and interesting takes.

Akame ga Kill 06

Mmmm whatcha say~~
Mmmm that it's all for the best~? Of course it is
Mmmm whatcha say~~
Mmmm that it's just what we need and you decided this...

Should've finished Seryu off when you had the chance. And my God, that character is so annoying not to mention derp insane in the head.

Cornbread78

Apologies, I kind of have a hangover. I'll catch the newest LN trash per Shouta's suggestion and interesting takes.

Akame ga Kill 06

Mmmm whatcha say~~
Mmmm whatcha say~~

Should've finished Seryu off when you had the chance. And my God, that character is so annoying not to mention derp insane in the head.

That Astros loss, my condolences..

You can surely not like Hyouka, everyone has different tastes, but you can't call it shit. If you do, I'd love to hear why. I just can't imagine someone watching it and denying just how much work and love was put into it. It is meant to be watched as a whole for sure, but even the first episode was so memorable, and the characters so likeable, that I simply will not accept someone telling me it's a shit show until they justify their input.

Line_HTX

School Days is the joke recommendation that actually got people banned in a thread because it's a shit show that is only good for shock value.

Hyouka is a good show that divides AnimeGAF in those that have taste, and those that don't. Basically high school sherlock holmes.

So this is the absolute determining factor over who goes in to what team, eh?

:p

You can surely not like Hyouka, everyone has different tastes, but you can't call it shit. If you do, I'd love to hear why. I just can't imagine someone watching it and denying just how much work and love was put into it. It is meant to be watched as a whole for sure, but even the first episode was so memorable, and the characters so likeable, that I simply will not accept someone telling me it's a shit show until they justify their input.

I feel the same way with most mecha shows, and most of the time the "justification" for why they think it's bad is complete garbage, going against the point of the show, which some people think is bad in of itself.

I really dislike the fact that some people say that you can't tell a good story with giant robots because they all boil down to as bad "power of friendship" shows or something like that.

Just really grinds my gears.

Phatmac

The sad part about Hyouka is that we'll never get a sequel with Oreki becoming a detective and solving cases. After a long day of spending energy he'll come back home and be greeted kindly by Chitanda. Damn you Kyoani!

I feel the same way with most mecha shows, and most of the time the "justification" for why they think it's bad is complete garbage, going against the point of the show, which some people think is bad in of itself.

I really dislike the fact that some people say that you can't tell a good story with giant robots because they all boil down to as bad "power of friendship" shows or something like that.

Just really grinds my gears.

You see at times like that I'd rather be quiet. This is a good example, I know that mech shows aren't really my thing. Same goes for sports shows, or shounen, amongst others. I won't go out and call shows that fall in those categories trash. I just don't like them, I'm not a part of the target demographic so my opinion would be useless. But again this is the internet, and people love to be negative and then things go 0 to 100 real quick. Real fucking quick.

The sad part about Hyouka is that we'll never get a sequel with Oreki becoming a detective and solving cases. After a long day of spending energy he'll come back home and be greeted kindly by Chitanda. Damn you Kyoani!

Ugh this would be so friggin awesome.

Is that KyoAni's fault when they don't have the material to adapt

Haly

I mean Girlock Holmes OVA special featuring Chitanda Holmes and Mayaka Watson vs Moriarty Oreki and what's his face would be fine.

So Ultimatemegax blew me up when I said something like this a while ago so I'd like to refer to his post he made a while back.

Hyouka/Nichijou/Full Metal Panic all have IP ownership by the Kadokawa group (Shoten for the first two and Fujimi Shobo for the latter). If those companies wanted new seasons for those shows, they'd be made.

Please don't bully Kyoani.

Secondly, there is a fifth novel in the series which hasn't been adapted (I think, haven't read it myself). So there's some hope I guess.

Haly

They're adapting Koe no Katachi at least. I wouldn't have predicted this in my wildest dreams.

Sölf

Akame ga Kill 06

Mmmm whatcha say~~
Mmmm whatcha say~~

Switch to the manga before the show becomes bad. Which happens around episode 17 or so I think.

Secondly, there is a fifth novel in the series which hasn't been adapted (I think, haven't read it myself). So there's some hope I guess.

That book is just a collection of short stories, not really something you can make a series out of.

Why do that when they can adapt another shit LN?

Given the recent announcement of Yamada's A Silent Voice movie, this is a bad time to be questioning the artistic integrity of KyoAni's business model.

They can, but considering how the only anime-original episode of Hyouka was pretty bad, I'm not sure I'd want them to. (Yes, I know it was based on a story idea by the original author, but still.)

Now we just need firehawk to take the bait so we can have this argument for the 10,000th time.

I've never understood why 11.5 was so polarizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom