• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Noragami 1-12, Noragami Aragoto 1-3

This day I watched a lot of noragami. It was pretty fun, had a lot of funny moments and some solid action.

Will surely continue watching this.

Comet Lucifer 3

Dropped. I might binge it later but this show is so EEH and BLECH and the characters are so generic and uninteresting it's like I'm watching a show about a parking sign, a trash can, and a mop.

Then the breaking point was when they introduced the cat pidgeon thing. No fuck you show, you don't get to combine a cat with another animal that makes no sense and call them their names together. At least attempt a real fucking name.

Comet Lucifer 3

Dropped. I might binge it later but this show is so EEH and BLECH and the characters are so generic and uninteresting it's like I'm watching a show about a parking sign, a trash can, and a mop.

Then the breaking point was when they introduced the cat pidgeon thing. No fuck you show, you don't get to combine a cat with another animal that makes no sense and call them their names together. At least attempt a real fucking name.

Actually, the cat pidgeon thing makes me excited for what other weird animal fusions this show might give us.

I look forward to seeing the horse goose, dog goat, frog pig, rat cow, and snake donkey.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Comet Lucifer Episode 3:

I am shocked as just how much antagonistic chemistry Morua and Sogo have, I should be annoyed by their banter but I am not. That being said, I would like for them to actually start the plot because we are already 3 episodes and I fear we may have to put up with the random encounters until an actual villain team is formed. The visuals continue to be top notch and the mecha CG still looks decent. Also, pigeon cats? I think Avatar is about to sue for gimmick infringement.

Phatmac

Feel asleep randomly last night so here are my late ass impressions of anime! The SoL segments continue to be great with this wonderful cast of characters. It's still mixed in with some impressive action that inspired Yachi to become the manager despite being a Townperson B in acting class aka someone normal with no real talents like the team. I wish the main conflict wasn't so easily solved but I guess they really want the story to finally move to Tokyo which is fine. I know this isn't a love story but Hinata and Yachi are great together. They probably won't get together as it'll create needless drama in the club but they're just so cute together that it's a shame it won't happen. Great episode overall and am hoping for an actual match next week.
alyExNM.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Concrete Revolutio Episode 3:

A better episode then last week since it was much more cohesive but the flashforward gimmick is just not working, I may end up dropping this soon.

Tuck

Comet Lucifer 3

Haven't watched the episode yet, but don't they do this a lot in Avatar? =P

Phatmac

I've seen lots of shit in anime but I don't think I've ever seen such a cute big bird before. The main plot hasn't really kicked in but the overall show is doing fine so far. I love how Haku no sold seeing Kuon naked like a pro unlike most anime protagonists losing their shit like a baby. Kuon also didn't beat Haku up like most women would if a guy saw you naked. I wish the male clown that's gay for Haku would die already. He's not funny in any way and is ruining the show. The new girl is pretty cute but the best girl will always be smug Kuon. Seriously though this bird is too cute.

Concrete Revolutio 3

The first decent episode in the series. It still feels like it's trying to do too a little much in 20 minutes, but the less-spastic pacing is definitely appreciated. I like the flash-forwards in theory, but their execution remains pretty clumsy. We got our first concrete (heh) look at what seems to be the overarching plot, and it seems like it has the potential to be interesting. Not completely sold on this show, but I'll definitely stick it out for a few more episodes before I decide whether or not to complete the whole season.

blurr

Iron Blooded Orphans 03

This was quite a gratifying episode, cold kills felt no remorse, unusual in a good way and the action intense moments had great build up. This was a great episode.

Phatmac

Some heavy stuff happens this episode and makes my opinion of Araragi go down if true. The problem is if this solution is the actual solution or if Ougi isn't making it come true. We've seen Ougi trick people into believe lies like with Kanbarou in Hana with Ougi lying to her by saying she was a boy. Ougi's trickster habits are impressive but I won't be fooled. I feel sorry for Sodachi and I'm betting that she was a childhood friend with Araragi that was forgotten. His memory has been shit for a long time as he didn't even remember that crab girl was in his class during middle school. Math is some rough shit guys.

Conrete Revolutio 3

Too little too late. This back and forth timeline thing never had its charm present so now it's just annoying. The show has one more episode before I drop it, and the only way I'd come back to it would be near the end of its run if people say it got so much better.

Phatmac

RAISE YOUR FLAGGGGGG! The op is pretty amazing with the rest of the music and this show in general. I think I'll finally start watching Gundam in earnest thanks to how good this show has been. Damn, didn't expect the kills in this show to be so brutal. Mika's cold blooded nature towards these kills and his absolute obsession with following Ogra's orders is scary. I'm guessing they both survived an ordeal with Ogra giving orders while Mika breaks his mind by subconsciously following his orders of death. The fight was great but it's sad to lose one man that thought of fighting kids as being a bad idea. I doubt they'll show much mercy to them after this. I'm glad the princess is starting to be helpful in her own way as her character continues to evolve. Looks like next week we'll be getting some backstory with the girl crushing on Mika which should be interesting. Loving the show so far.

Phatmac

Annnnnnnnd dropped. The exposition and lame villain of the week was fucking terrible. I don't mind them doing cute stuff but move the plot along with some urgency instead of fucking around and letting the plot dictate how characters act instead of doing anything of their own volition. This show is just plain bad.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
One Punch Man Episode 3:

You know what this show reminds me of? Megas XLR and that may seem odd but something like Saitama trying to defeat evil before the supermarket is done having a bargain basement sale is exactly the kind of joke that series would have come up with.
This pleases me greatly.

Comet Lucifer 3
The characters are really dragging this down. The main cast has very little going for them, and the Moura/Sogo interactions are incredibly grating. And don't get me started on this new villain. The CG mecha action is really the draw here and at least that is still good.

I agree. When it comes to comedy the funniest show this season is Young Black Jack.

It left me in stitches.

I mean not only Young Black Jack but there's Gundam IBO, Osomatsu-San, and Noragami which have been really great. So I don't see OnePunch Man blowing out the competition in any way.

Nice pun though.

Cornbread78

Owarimonogatari ep.3

Wow, ok, so Senjougahara is right. How does Ougi know about Araragi's parents? This is some crazy mysterious stuff here. Araragi needs to wake up and start rememberin' stuff..

Russ T

Banned
The presence of swimsuits don't make an episode inherently "shitty."

Why didn't you say that the first time you responded? Instead you had to drag this out and make it awkward for everybody!

There is no denying, however, that fanservice always brings a good anime down.

It's kind of shitty, and set at a pool so everyone's wearing swimsuits, but it's not a standard fanservice episode.

Yeah I do remember it having a plot, but being fairly underwhelming compared to the main series. I think I watched it after I finished the main series and was just disappointed, because I love Hyouka so much.

Cornbread78

Comet Lucifer ep.3
Pretty good episode. I just hope our heroine learns to act normal and they get to kill that psycho pervert Alfredo at some point. He seams like a total scumbag and is gross. As someone mentioned earlier, he dies remind me of that that piece of shit from Fairy Dance in SAO.

Fuck all y'all

I'll find that one anime you aren't proud you enjoy non-ironically.

And then I'll use it as my amunition. You'll see. You'll ALL SEE.

totally unrelated but everybody post your MAL accounts. For no raisin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom