• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

I'd suggest that you give it time until eps 4 or 5 at the very least, since the show is at its best when it's a pure mystery. It faked me out with the most generic initial premise of "Big bad has revived after X time, and it's up to X people selected by an ancient goddess to stop him!" and the awful as hell CGI fiends, but it got really interesting when it switched gears into focusing on the mystery of who the seventh (fake) brave was.

Too bad
the finale episode introduced another brave again, meaning they're likely to be back to doubting each other once again next season (if it ever gets adapted).

About your spoiler:
Even though the premise of "there's a 7th" is the same in the 2nd book, it plays out completely different, mainly because the reader actually learns at the beginning who it is and there are many scenes from the 7ths pov. There's also a second main mystery.
It's pretty fascinating how great it works out.

kewlmyc

So, I've barely been watching anime this season for various reasons. Only really One Punch Man (like everyone else) and Shomin Sample (I like the manga, leave me alone). Also Ushio and Tora from last season, though I'm 2 episodes behind now.

Any gems I'm missing?

So, I've barely been watching anime this season for various reasons. Only really One Punch Man (like everyone else) and Shomin Sample (I like the manga, leave me alone). Also Ushio and Tora from last season, though I'm 2 episodes behind now.

Any gems I'm missing?

Gundam IBO is worth a go

I'm taking someone to watch it, she's the fan not me, even though I watched the previous ones. They are just alright. I'm only there to try the D-Box seats lol

Cool, tell me what you think about it afterwards.

I've read the book some years ago and I've been holding all of my despair in for all this time.

I need someone to share the pain

jgminto

Any gems I'm missing?

Gundam, Osomatsu-san and Haikyuu S2 are all great. Young Black Jack is pretty good too when it can maintain some consistency in tone.

Any gems I'm missing?

Check out the new Gundam.

Oh, and perhaps KAGEWANI would be more interesting to you. It's a series of short horror stories, with minimal animation, but great voice acting and sound work.

KAGEWANI is legit great.

Quasar

Any gems I'm missing?

Noragami, monogatari.

Any gems I'm missing?

Monster Strike
Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note
Heavy Object

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Any gems I'm missing?

Itoshi no Muco/Lovely Muuuuuuuco.

wonzo

Banned

Any gems I'm missing?

somera-chan, hackadoll, perfect insider, kagewani

rest is pretty throwaway

JulianImp

About your spoiler:
Even though the premise of "there's a 7th" is the same in the 2nd book, it plays out completely different, mainly because the reader actually learns at the beginning who it is and there are many scenes from the 7ths pov. There's also a second main mystery.
It's pretty fascinating how great it works out.

Oh, that's nice! Still, I'm kind of scared about fiends playing a larger role after how it looked like
the lizard crow thing would probably get in the heroes' way soon
. Fiends are the one thing the show should do without as much as it can, since they're awful CG that stands out like a sore thumb against drawn characters.

The Perfect Insider 7
CUM-g1IWcAAxSqL.png
CUM-g2JWoAEKhW_.png

Still hate the backstory stuff, but I love the talking in the present. The characters are all unique and sometimes interesting like the OS programmer lady who finally got a chance to share some lines.

Favorite scene
CUM87NAWUAE-GPw.png

Line_HTX

One Punch Man 07

These Genos upgrades continue to get ridiculous and badass. I love the track that plays when he opens the suitcase for his new and improved arms to equip.

Bang Silver Fang is like that observer but won't do anything unless he feels compelled to. Hopefully he'll show how great he is with his S ranking.

It's too bad Saitama's punch wasn't enough to obliterate the whole meteor. The resulting fragments devastated a large portion of City Z as expected, but thankfully no one was killed.

I like how Saitama maintained his composure from the angry mob around him. It took some patience before turning the tables around the Tank Top Brothers. I liked how he instantly made bgb- I mean, Tank Top Black Hole cry like a fool before berating everyone around him that he doesn't do this hero business to their admiration and public worship. Don't have your car? Tough, at least you are still living without the meteor. I kind of wanted Saitama to tell all of them off more, but Genos did the right thing in stepping and saying "Let's go home." Good job in deescalating the situation, Genos. Definitely the best S rank hero so far.

Cornbread78

Any gems I'm missing?

Utararerumono
Asterix
Cavalry
Owarimonogatari
Comet Lucifer

One Punch Man 07

These Genos upgrades continue to get ridiculous and badass. I love the track that plays when he opens the suitcase for his new and improved arms to equip.

Bang Silver Fang is like that observer but won't do anything unless he feels compelled to. Hopefully he'll show how great he is with his S ranking.

It's too bad Saitama's punch wasn't enough to obliterate the whole meteor. The resulting fragments devastated a large portion of City Z as expected, but thankfully no one was killed.

I like how Saitama maintained his composure from the angry mob around him. It took some patience before turning the tables around the Tank Top Brothers. I liked how he instantly made bgb- I mean, Tank Top Black Hole cry like a fool before berating everyone around him that he doesn't do this hero business to their admiration and public worship. Don't have your car? Tough, at least you are still living without the meteor. I kind of wanted Saitama to tell all of them off more, but Genos did the right thing in stepping and saying "Let's go home." Good job in deescalating the situation, Genos. Definitely the best S rank hero so far.
I mean the only other s ranks you've seen in the anime aside from tiny cameos are bang and metal knight who only just showed up

also the best s class hero is king who sadly is unlikely to get much screen time this season

Line_HTX

I mean the only other s ranks you've seen in the anime aside from tiny cameos are bang and metal knight who only just showed up

also the best s class hero is king who sadly is unlikely to get much screen time this season

Damn, that's a bummer. I was hope to possibly finding out who's at the top of at S class Rank 1.

As for 2015, I'll have to agree that it's kind of been a mediocre year, which isn't the same as saying that it hasn't had good shows, I just don't think many of them will go down in the history books as 'definitive' shows that 'need' to be watched ten years from now.

Feel the same way. At least 2015 has been exciting in other mediums.

I posted this question on reddit, and I have yet to hear an answer, so I thought I might as well pose my question here and see what Anime-GAF thinks. Here it is:

So, let me get this straight: after 7 episodes, are we any closer to finding out the motive for Dr. Magata to murder her parents? To me, after 7 episodes, it doesn't seem like we have any clear explanation as to why she would kill her parents. Am I missing something?

Have at it GAF!

Jaxec

I posted this question on reddit, and I have yet to hear an answer, so I thought I might as well pose my question here and see what Anime-GAF thinks. Here it is:

Have at it GAF!

Has anything really happened in this show besides the murder in the first episode? I feel like the cast had spent more time trying to be witty and deep than actually trying to solve the mystery. So my answer to your question is no. I would venture to guess either just cause or she thought they needed to be set free (jk).

anime saved

This looks really cute. Especially that blonde girls face at one point. Is this series any good? Where would I start?

Edit: For some reason autocorrect corrected especially to racially.

Jaxec

But why murder her parents and not just run away with her uncle. Even after murdering her parents she still had to spend the rest of her life in that room?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
But why murder her parents and not just run away with her uncle. Even after murdering her parents she still had to spend the rest of her life in that room?

That is unresolved right now, seems to be related to everything becoming F.

javac

US
Sentai Filmworks / Maiden Japan March 2016
Wizard Barristers: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Release Date: 3/1/2016
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: English / Japanese
Subtitles: English
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Special Features: Web Previews; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $45.49
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $38.99
p3X0QAn.jpg

Wolf Girl & Black Prince: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Release Date: 3/8/2016
Audio: Japanese
Format: One-disc set (1 BD)
Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $38.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $32.49
qDZB1OW.jpg

Those Who Hunt Elves: Sentai Selects [Sentai]
Release Date: 3/15/2016
Run Time: 600 min
Format: Four-disc set (4 DVDs)
Special Features: Production Sketches, Clean Opening and Closing Animations.
Price:
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $25.99
XEQwH74.jpg

Waiting in the Summer: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 325 min
Special Features: Clean Opening and Closing Animations.
Price:
dKuSde5.jpg

When They Cry: Season 1 [Sentai]
Run Time: 650 min
Format: Four-disc set (4 BDs)
Price:
5GG7z6d.jpg

Celestial Method: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Release Date: 3/22/2016
Run Time: 325 min
Price:
mEx3LUB.jpg

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Release Date: 3/29/2016
Special Features: Nozaki-kun Shorts, Promos, Commercials, Clean Opening and Closing Animations.
LE Contains: Episodes 1-12, chipboard box, poster, hard cover booklet, stickers, and 2 CDs.
Price:
LE BD @ Rightstuf.com: $84.49
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $38.99
qZboO2O.jpg

LE:
dT72LgA.jpg

Utawarerumono OVA [Sentai]
Run Time: 85 min
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $25.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $19.49
PHFf5tM.jpg

Vampire Princess Miyu Complete TV Collection [Maiden Japan]
Run Time: 650 min
Format: Five-disc set (5 DVDs)
Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
Price:
pKW2RYR.jpg

UK
MVM Listings:
Hidamari Sketch: Series 1 Collection [MVM]
Release Date: January 4th 2016
Run Time:
Price:
BD @ Amazon.co.uk: £32.87
DVD @ Amazon.co.uk: £28.46
BD:
TXjYn4X.jpg

DVD:
ADxvg5d.jpg

Oreimo: Series 1 Collection [MVM]
Release Date: January 25th 2016.
Run Time:
Format: Three-disc set (3 DVDs)
Price:

Oreimo: Series 2 Collection [MVM]
Release Date: February 1st 2016.
Run Time:
Format: Three-disc set (3 DVDs)
Price:

Nyan Koi!: Collection [MVM]
Release Date: February 15th 2016
Run Time:
Price:
sAcstmr.gif
BGBW Alert
sAcstmr.gif

Kill Me Baby: Collection [MVM]
Release Date: March 14th 2016
Run Time:
Price:

Anime Limited:
Terror In Resonance: Ultimate Edition
Release: Q2 2016
Contains: Blu-ray and DVD (two discs each),100 page hard back art book, Episode Commentaries, In Depth Conversation with the Cast and the textless Opening and Closing title sequences.
0ZnOSLI.jpg

Standard DVD edition (Q2 2016)
m6VHi7C.jpg

Narag

Kancolle 10
I think what's ultimately most disappointing about the show isn't the goofy comedy or the bizarre drama but there's the occasional genuine emotional moment that would have felt great to have more of in the show in general. Thought Fubuki's test by Akagi & Kaga was one of those moments especially with the soundtrack selection for the scene. IIRC episode 2 was really good in this regard too.

You know guys, maybe Sentai will get the dub for Nozaki-kun right.

And maybe David Cage's next game will have a story that makes sense.

Anything is possible.

Cornbread78

Accel World ep.7-9
Ok, Taku did nothing wrong. The characters are all pretty good, except we have a loli king now, but oh well Haru almost dreamin' of his fantasy 3some. The "My sister can't be this cute" reference was kinda funny.. The story is moving along and interesting and the battles pretty good. The next battle should be good too, but the foreshadowing by Haru from Taku's words was kinda sad. This is actually better than I was expecting!

Line_HTX

You know guys, maybe Sentai will get the dub for Nozaki-kun right.

And maybe David Cage's next game will have a story that makes sense.

Anything is possible.

I was about to say...

There was a minor panic some time back on a trailer with Monica Rial, but she said she was only reading it and wasn't part of the staff.

Now I kind of want to rewatch this in English just to see if I'll laugh like before or cry laughter because Sentai dub.

Accel World ep.7-9
Ok, Taku did nothing wrong. The characters are all pretty good, except we have a loli king now, but oh well Haru almost dreamin' of his fantasy 3some. The "My sister can't be this cute" reference was kinda funny.. The story is moving along and interesting and the battles pretty good. The next battle should be good too, but the foreshadowing by Haru from Taku's words was kinda sad. This is actually better than I was expecting!

Taku is great and underrated, never understood how he got all the hate from people when he was a victim as well.

Also, does anyone even remember Wizard Barristers? It was a pretty bad show...

....but it did have that one train fight that was pretty awesome.

tumblr_mzb2v8LVy61r9b5wlo2_500.gif

tumblr_mzb2v8LVy61r9b5wlo3_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom