• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Kancolle 11
DLrCBuQl.png
lDzcZnAl.png
Speaking of wanting better realized concepts, the combat angle finally delivered pretty well with such a large fleet action.

Tuck

Kuroko no Basket - 4
Wow I can't believe they won!

I'm pretty sure I have never enjoyed basketball more in my entire life. This is great.

jbug617

Banned
Crunchyroll just announced that they are going to stream Digimon Adventure tri.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtop...y&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=digimon-tri

The lifelong DigiDestined at Crunchyroll are proud to announce the acquisition of one of the most exciting anime of 2015, Digimon Adventure Tri, the story of the Taichi, Agumon, and all of their friends six years after the events of Digimon Adventure .

The first four episodes of Digimon Adventure Tri will be available starting 7:00am PST on Friday, November 20th in the following regions: United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America.

The next chapter of Digimon Adventure Tri will be available during the Winter season of 2016, with more information to come ~

Digimon means SO MUCH to us and we’re thrilled that we’re able to share it with all of you. Please enjoy ~ !!!

Squishy3

Also, does anyone even remember Wizard Barristers? It was a pretty bad show...

....but it did have that one train fight that was pretty awesome.

tumblr_mzb2v8LVy61r9b5wlo2_500.gif

tumblr_mzb2v8LVy61r9b5wlo3_500.gif
I had high hopes for Wizard Barristers, at least from a production standpoint. All that guy's stuff whose name escapes me tends to look amazing.

also holy shit at digimon tri, that came out of nowhere

Kuroko no Basket - 4
Wow I can't believe they won!

I'm pretty sure I have never enjoyed basketball more in my entire life. This is great.
if this is your first sports anime you should run the full gamut afterwards

Russ T

Banned
honestly when i first heard the name wizard barristers

i thought maybe it was gonna be like phoenix wright, but with wizards

god i was so fucking disappointed

Squishy3

honestly when i first heard the name wizard barristers

i thought maybe it was gonna be like phoenix wright, but with wizards

god i was so fucking disappointed
well, that's what it was supposed to be... but something something chosen wizard one or something i don't even fucking remember

Star Driver - 3

These fights, while short, are so freaking good.

I love how whoever beats Takuto gets to be this organizations leader but everybody who loses to Takuto gets fired. By the time they actually find somebody to beat him there's barely gonna be an organization left to lead!

Do I need to watch anything prior to Tri?

Never got into Digimon, but I like how Tri looks and the trailer was neat

Since it hasn't come out yet, it's difficult to say how much knowledge of the original Adventure series it'll require. It's certainly a follow-up, but it might be easy enough to follow on its own.

Crocodile

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtop...y&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=digimon-tri

I was just wondering about this the other day too. HYPE! Praise be 2015 and Japanese companies that don't have their heads up their asses (then again this is Toei who can't be assed to do simlucasts for DB Super so........I dunno)

I'm going to be so happy when I don't have to hear about tri anymore.

Ok, we get it. You hate the fact they changed the voice actors. How about get over it and give it a chance? I'm assuming the VAs weren't the only reason you liked Digimon 01 right? Let Tri sink or swim on its own merits.

tri is solely targeted at people with no emotional connection to the original series, so no.

Don't let your dissatisfaction with the new voice actors blind you to the fact that this project wouldn't be happening if the producers didn't want to appeal to the nostalgia of people who watched Digimon Adventure. You don't bring back a 15-year old series for no reason.

Puruzi

Banned
Since it hasn't come out yet, it's difficult to say how much knowledge of the original Adventure series it'll require. It's certainly a follow-up, but it might be easy enough to follow on its own.

You have two seasons of Digimon Adventure to watch.
After seeing what people say about it tomorrow I guess i'll know what to do
tri is solely targeted at people with no emotional connection to the original series, so no.

no idea what this means right now

Don't let your dissatisfaction with the new voice actors blind you to the fact that this project wouldn't be happening if the producers didn't want to appeal to the nostalgia of people who watched Digimon Adventure. You don't bring back a 15-year old series for no reason.

Just made me think about Star Wars and how Disney is milking that franchise for all its worth...its getting very very sickening very very fast. I can't wait for this Star Wars marketing to cease after the movie comes out...

Ok, we get it. You hate the fact they changed the voice actors. How about get over it and give it a chance? I'm assuming the VAs weren't the only reason you liked Digimon 01 right? Let Tri sink or swim on its own merits.

Reasons why I liked Digimon Adventure:

Takanori Arisawa's music. He's dead now, and the music will be completely different.
The original voice cast. They made the characters who they were, and now they've all been replaced by gravure idols and tokusatsu actors to pander to the otaku market.
The writing. Satoru Nishizono is not working on tri, and the writer for tri has a pretty mixed track record.
The backgrounds. Maybe the new show will have good backgrounds? I don't know. The original was great.
The villains. No clue if the villains will hold up in this, but I don't have much faith in the staff at all.

So what is there to look forward to?

A crap story completely changing everything that was good about the original? Some new voice actors pretending to be someone they aren't?

This is not being made for me, so I won't watch.

Like, I get that I seem crazy and annoying. But you need to understand. Digimon is pretty much my favorite thing of all time. I have a huge emotional connection to it, and to the voice actors. I've been hearing their voices for over 15 years. I think Ai Maeda (Mimi) might be the first actor whose name I ever knew. These are the voices of my childhood, and I have an emotional connection to them. Yes, I get that it's silly, but for me, them replacing the voice actors is simply not something I can ever "get over".

The real reason I've been so worked up about this, and consider tri my most hated anime of all time, is the lying and deceitful campaign they ran, spending eight months dicking us around with promises of a series that would play into our childhood nostalgia, only to reveal that it wasn't being made for fans of the original at all. They even released a brand new CD drama featuring the original cast as part of this, which is just fucking criminal. They specifically lead fans on to believe that their favorite voice actors were coming back, only to reveal that they had been knifed in the back in favor of some new names to sell more creepy otaku on the show.

Squishy3

You can always just ignore any posts about Digimon Tri, you know. I adored the original series and I'm excited as fuck for Tri... so yeah, totally not appealing to the people who liked Adventure, nope.

You can always just ignore any posts about Digimon Tri, you know. I adored the original series and I'm excited as fuck for Tri... so yeah, totally not appealing to the people who liked Adventure, nope.

I grew up with the awesome (IMHO) 4kids (?) english dub. The main theme was just awesome compared to the horror that is the japense OP...(I feel the same way with DBZ, I just can't stand Goku's high pitched Japanese VA...cringeworthy IMHO)

I never got into Digimon.

I was too busy appreciating what an adorable little boss Heracross is.

250px-214Heracross.png

Recently however, I find myself relating more and more to Stunfisk.
250px-618Stunfisk.png

I feel a short of kinship with them.

It's weird, I know.

90% of the time this is what I do. I encounter stuff about it every day, and usually I just try to scroll past it and put it out of mind.

But sometimes it just wears down on me. I've lived and breathed this franchise daily for more than fifteen years now, and sometimes it's hard to really tune stuff out, and I just break down.

jgminto

I grew up with the awesome (IMHO) 4kids (?) english dub. The main theme was just awesome compared to the horror that is the japense OP...(I feel the same way with DBZ, I just can't stand Goku's high pitched Japanese VA...cringeworthy IMHO)

Nope, you could try going back to that stuff but it is so much worse than the original the majority of the time. I don't know if there's a single 4Kids OP song that's actually worth listening to outside of seeing how hilariously bad they are.

Nope, you could try going back to that stuff but it is so much worse than the original the majority of the time. I don't know if there's a single 4Kids OP song that's actually worth listening to outside of seeing how hilariously bad they are.

I was at an impressionable young age at the time of when the english dub of Digimon was airing. I can not not feel but nostalgia for the english dub. It's what I grew up and will stick with me for the rest of my life. I am sorry if I grew up watching an inferior version of the show.

Line_HTX

I never understood Digital Monsters.

Watched Pokemon for a while before dropping it entirely for the "action violence" in Yu-Gi-Oh!

I went as far as "Waking the Dragons" and I didn't know that was a filler arc. I just loved that field card spell that was their version of the Illuminati, lol.

I enjoyed Digimon a fair bit during my childhood as well, but I don't think I'll be checking out Tri.

I don't know, I just never got into it as much as I did with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh at the time. So I really don't care that much for it.

I was at an impressionable young age at the time of when the english dub of Digimon was airing. I can not not feel but nostalgia for the english dub. It's what I grew up and will stick with me for the rest of my life. I am sorry if I grew up watching an inferior version of the show.

It's not even an inferior version of the show, so much as a completely different show. The dub for Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 02 is probably one of the worst mainstream dubs of the modern era (eg, not some weird OVA no one has ever heard of).

The characters were all completely different, the scripts were rewritten from scratch, entire plot lines were removed or heavily altered. You can't even just call it an inferior version of the show. It just straight up was a completely different (and significantly worse) show.

And to go from the original version which had such a wonderful soundtrack to the godawful music of the dub is just night and day.

Nice Avatar! Life is Strange FOR LIFE! (no pun intended)

Awesome. Definitely gonna watch this. My memories of Digimon are extremely vague since this was so long ago, but I'm excited to see these creatures again. Also because I need to brush up on the actual monster names, since early next year we are getting Cyber Sleuth on the PS4/Vita.

Meanwhile....Ufotable is still MIA about the upcoming movie that is supposed to be Heaven's Feel....sigh...

They still have episodes 10-13 of God Eater to finish for Winter 2016 anyway.

rrvv

I think people just accept that it simple different thing really. I mean from age group alone. no way story of group 11 years old children will be same as group of 17 years old children.

Nostalgia glasses is annoying

jgminto

Oh come on, who could hate a OST that gave us such gems as this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYrlSjQyrzY
The late 90's/early 00's spawned some really bad stuff...

It's the version I grew up on too but there's no way I could actually rewatch that version, nostalgia can only go so far. The same goes for Yugioh which I am currently rewatching the sub of.

Nice Avatar! Life is Strange FOR LIFE! (no pun intended)

Thanks and yeah, it's probably my favourite game of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom