• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet heavenly Kajiura. Finally. Something not SAO and not TV drama.

Sounds promising too. And the show looks right up my alley. I have to ask, how did Tomohiko Itō do for Silver Spoon, because his SAO directing work does not inspire confidence?

Ito's direction for Silver Spoon was solid. Season 1 Episode 10, which he storyboarded and directed, is really good. Although Kotomi Deai's second season was stronger.

The most fascinating thing about this is that Shinbo is credited for the storyboard, which means this'll be his first storyboard since 2008, and the first under his own name since 2001.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I think I'll give it another try. Luckily Funi have put it up on their Youtube account and it's not blocked in the UK. Who knows if I like and finish it I might go back and finish other mecha shows I inexplicably stopped like Escaflowne or RahXephon.

I got to just after Gon goes to Killuas house to get him and Leorio and Kurapika leave to do their own thing for 6 months. I just found the series kind of boring to be honest and Gon tiring.
That's literally the worst arc, by quite a margin. After that it goes to heights unimaginable. Keep it going. You will not regret it.

dan2026

I'll probably never watch Hunter x Hunter. Too long, don't have enough time for it.

I'll just keep watching Fairy Tail.
I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

You are a terrible person and you should feel bad.

Now if you were 'reading' Fairy Tail I could understand it. But the anime, great gods man.

Qurupeke

Code Geass 8-11

Finally things happened. Lancelot is still the best part of the fights. Guren Mk-2 was shit compared to it. Also, I can't wait for Lelouch to find out Suzaku is the pilot of it.

Also, I hope Orange will get eye powers now that he apparently lost his eye. I love his character a lot.

Line_HTX

I'm thankful for this thread and ToonamiGAF. I'm thankful for Food Wars and Cross Ange.

I'm thankful I bought the entire black boxes of Utena separated by their respective arcs.

And I'm thankful for Spooky Ougi. Ougi the GOAT.

*Squeak

Anko

Ito's direction for Silver Spoon was solid. Season 1 Episode 10, which he storyboarded and directed, is really good. Although Kotomi Deai's second season was stronger.

That's encouraging to hear. I'll blame SAO on the source material then. Despite my deep love for Kajiura, I couldn't stomach SAO. The wait for a new Kajiura composed show has been a long one. Please be good.

Hagi

That's literally the worst arc, by quite a margin. After that it goes to heights unimaginable. Keep it going. You will not regret it.

I'll get back to it at some point I think I'm just all Shonen'd out right now. I still need to watch Yu Yu Hakusho as well, I've always heard good things about that and at least it's actually finished.

I'm thankful for you guys

<3

That's....that's weird.

Stop being weird.

You are a terrible person and you should feel bad.

Now if you were 'reading' Fairy Tail I could understand it. But the anime, great gods man.

I read and watch it.

I can't wait for the new movie!

youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Now don't be sour.

I'm sure the Hunter X Hunter anime will come back.

As sure as Berserk won't go on a long break again.

Sölf

Seeing these random nipples in Code Geass always reminds me that something like this somehow doesn't happen anymore. Shows either are full ecchi and borderline hentai, "light" ecchi, where you just don't see any nipples but still get like all those other ecchi tropes or they contain none at all. I mean, stuff like that was rare to begin with, but I think just a few years ago showing bare and uncensored breasts in a serious show where it made sense (well, mostly at least) wasn't as "evil" as it seems to be nowadays, with all this BluRay uncensoring. I am talking about shows like Shuffle!, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien or Samuai Champloo (well, 1 episode, but still).

Then again, I don't know if they actually aired like this in Japan. Maybe I am totally wrong and they were censored even back then.

Qurupeke

Code Geass 12

What did that stupid, racist girl with the glasses do to the table with Euphie's pictures....!? I thought CC was bad, but this one is by far the worst character. Shit tier. No, something worse than shit tier.

Anyway........ Rest of the episode was good. Shirley has really grown on me, I just hope that she won't turn against Lulu.

Line_HTX

Sölf;186891980 said:
Seeing these random nipples in Code Geass always reminds me that something like this somehow doesn't happen anymore. Shows either are full ecchi and borderline hentai, "light" ecchi, where you just don't see any nipples but still get like all those other ecchi tropes or they contain none at all. I mean, stuff like that was rare to begin with, but I think just a few years ago showing bare and uncensored breasts in a serious show where it made sense (well, mostly at least) wasn't as "evil" as it seems to be nowadays, with all this BluRay uncensoring. I am talking about shows like Shuffle!, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien or Samuai Champloo (well, 1 episode, but still).

Then again, I don't know if they actually aired like this in Japan. Maybe I am totally wrong and they were censored even back then.

Wait, WAT... o_O

JulianImp

Shomin ep8's still okay, even though I don't like the girl with the sword and her interaction with the MC all that much.

It's a really good thing Hakua got the worst match with him out of all the girls according to that random fortune-telling mobile app, because her character as a whole is all kinds of wrong. I guess I'd accept substituting her for a haughty ojou-sama with the trademark laugh, if only because I'd rather have that than loli fanservice (even though it luckily isn't nearly as bad as in NGNL).

Code Geass 12

What did that stupid, racist girl with the glasses do to the table with Euphie's pictures....!? I thought CC was bad, but this one is by far the worst character. Shit tier. No, something worse than shit tier.

Anyway........ Rest of the episode was good. Shirley has really grown on me, I just hope that she won't turn against Lulu.

Nina Einstein is one of the most consistently enjoyable characters in Code Geass

Sölf;186891980 said:

Doesn't this only happen like once in the show?

That's....that's weird.

Stop being weird.

</3

that edit though

Line_HTX

Code Geass 12

Ahh, I see you met Table-kun.

ROFL

And boo at you talking shit about C2. :mad:

I'll probably never watch Hunter x Hunter. Too long, don't have enough time for it.

I'll just keep watching Fairy Tail.
I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

This is the worst post I've read in a while

FUCKING WATCH HxH

The last part of the Chimera Arc is something everyone needs to watch.

Code Geass 8-11

Finally things happened. Lancelot is still the best part of the fights. Guren Mk-2 was shit compared to it. Also, I can't wait for Lelouch to find out Suzaku is the pilot of it.

Also, I hope Orange will get eye powers now that he apparently lost his eye. I love his character a lot.

Booooooooo.

But Orange is the best character in Geass.

Perfect Insider Episode 8

He still cant go even five minutes without smoking, and isnt this still 36 or so hours? It cant be that stressful of a situation.

Good discussion, Finish, Future, what is F.

This looks pretty interesting. What is this and should I get hype?

It's a TV show airing in the noitamina timeslot during the winter season. It's an adaptation of an ongoing manga by Kei Sanbe which has 6 volumes so far. (The manga is also getting a live-action film adaptation.) The premise is described as follows:

The manga's story follows Satoru, a struggling manga artist who has the ability to turn back time and prevent deaths. When his mother is killed he turns back time to solve the mystery, but ends up back in elementary school, just before the disappearance of his classmate Kayo.

The anime is directed by Tomohiko Ito (Silver Spoon, Sword Art Online) at A-1 Pictures. Taku Kishimoto (Silver Spoon, Bunny Drop) is writing and Keigo Sasaki (Blue Exorcist, Seven Deadly Sins) is doing the animation character designs.

Seems promising to me.

Qurupeke

Oh god, Sölf was right. The second OP sucks. The first one was okayish but much bette than this. And wtf, why are they reusing scenes for this?

Hagi

Yuri Seijin Naoko San 2010+2012

This is the best thing I have ever seen

There won't be anymore

why live

Naoko-san is an alien from the planet Yuri, who is plotting to conquer the Earth by yurifying it. Misuzu is a junior high girl and is always troubled by Naoko-san, who lives on the roof of her house. They hear rumors that a molester is wandering around in the area, so they decide to investigate.

That's quite the synopsis.

It looks pretty funny from the clip I watched.

Sölf

Oh god, Sölf was right. The second OP sucks. The first one was okayish but much bette than this. And wtf, why are they reusing scenes for this?

I actually like the reusing. They change the opening a bit when the story progresses. They did that at around EP 8 or 9 for the first time I think, then with the second OP and at EP 17 or 18 they do it again. I actually do like this, a changing opening to show the story progression.

Oh, yeah, just finished EP 18. This fucking show.

Perfect Insider Episode 8

It's still disappointing.

75% of the episode didn't advance really the plot, like the previous two. You can notice they are stretching the story out a bit to reach the 12? episodes.
The main character went around during all the episode with a Lum costume.
And there was a hilarious dream sequence which I suppose it was inspired by Twin Peaks. It featured ostriches. Ostriches!

I also started Gundam IBO and as I supposed, it's overrated.

Hagi

it's super neat. it's also by ufotable

I'l be honest outside of Fate and Kara no Kyoukai I had no idea they even did other series. I'm baffled that they worked on Coyote Ragtime Show.

Still surprised that Yoyo and Nene hasn't seen an English release. I saw it during Scotland Loves Anime with my girlfriend and we both really enjoyed it. Seems like the kind of thing Anime Limited would happily do an expensive "ultimate edition" blu ray for.

Qurupeke

Code Geass 13-14
I really like they warped up the whole thing with Shirley so quickly. I feel other shows would drag the drama for so many episodes. BUT NOT LIKE THIS. I'm sad. So I guess Shirley's practically gone. Just when she has become an interesting character. Also, Mao kinda sucks. He's certainly the annoying type of villain.

One thing I've noticed is that I can't stop comparing Lelouch and Light Yagami. The thing is, that Light is actually cold, calculating and ready for everything. Even at the start of Death Note, he was like that. Lelouch just tries to be that but so far I feel he fails. He seemed the super calculating type of person, but many people have outsmarten him and he has made several mistakes. Also, while he seems to be cold and to not care about consequences, the whole Shirley thing hit him hard, and in any case his objective is personal and entirely emotional. I think it's actually wrong to compare them, but I feel the writers intended to make a similar character, yet they failed. I guess I shouldn't say such things so early though, as there are still quite a lot of episodes left, but this is my initial impression of him.

Code Geass 13-14

One thing I've noticed is that I can't stop comparing Lelouch and Light Yagami. The thing is, that Light is actually cold, calculating and ready for everything. Even at the start of Death Note, he was like that. Lelouch just tries to be that but so far I feel he fails. He seemed the super calculating type of person, but many people have outsmarten him and he has made several mistakes. Also, while he seems to be cold and to not care about consequences, the whole Shirley thing hit him hard, and in any case his objective is personal and entirely emotional. I think it's actually wrong to compare them, but I feel the writers intended to make a similar character, yet they failed. I guess I shouldn't say such things so early though, as there are still quite a lot of episodes left, but this is my initial impression of him.

I've definitely noticed that comparison too.

I honestly like Lelouch better though. Because while Light was certainly good at coming off as menacing and calculating, how much of his performance do you remember outside of his Kira laughs?

With Lelouch, I remember so much of his performance. The poses, the speeches, the way he has such a flair for the dramatic, etc.

The comparison between Light and Lelouch I'd say is like the comparison between Super Robots and Real Robots.

Real robots put an emphasis on realism and a heavy focus on the mecha aspect to keep the robots grounded in reality (to an extent, anyway).

Super robots are all about the spectacle and are constantly doing over-the-top things. And I'm a huge super robot fan.

But that's just the way I see it.

Maybe now that the manga is finished they could go back to it? it's doubtful but stranger things have happened.

Yuri Seijin Naoko-san is Tetsuya Takeuchi's pet project, and he's busy elsewhere. Plus ufotable did not have much success with the Anime Bunko project that the 2012 OVA was part of, so they'll probably stick to the current franchises they're attached to (Fate, God Eater, Tales) unless somebody willing to bankroll someone else comes along.

Sölf

Since there are a few OVAs and Movies and what not, after S1, do I immediatly watch S2 or is there something else inbetween? What do I have to watch actually?

pbayne

I always chuckle when people suggest Lelouch is a genius or even remotely close to the level of Light.

How many of his plans actually work? He never takes Suzuka and the Lancelot into consideration despite being stopped by it numerous times. His best plan is usually "fuck I hope Kallen can beat this guy."

Hagi

Yuri Seijin Naoko-san is Tetsuya Takeuchi's pet project, and he's busy elsewhere. Plus ufotable did not have much success with the Anime Bunko project that the 2012 OVA was part of, so they'll probably stick to the current franchises they're attached to (Fate, God Eater, Tales) unless somebody willing to bankroll someone else comes along.

That's cool his name led me to this video which was interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84hgC45vDXg

I haven't really delved into the background of the industry so these videos are illuminating to say the least.

Sölf;186910262 said:
Since there are a few OVAs and Movies and what not, after S1, do I immediatly watch S2 or is there something else inbetween? What do I have to watch actually?

Straight into season 2 if I recall. Don't think the OVA is even finished yet but afaik it's sets between season 1 and 2 in n a different part of the world. I only watched the first episode before abandoning ship though so I'm probably off base.

I always chuckle when people suggest Lelouch is a genius or even remotely close to the level of Light.

How many of his plans actually work? He never takes Suzuka and the Lancelot into consideration despite being stopped by it numerous times. His best plan is usually "fuck I hope Kallen can beat this guy."

Are you ignoring the end of R2 here?

Hagi

The scale of what Lelouch attempts is on a completely different level to Light. I don't really see it as much of a competition.

Szadek

How many of his plans actually work?
Most of his plans worked.
He never takes Suzuka and the Lancelot into consideration despite being stopped by it numerous times. His best plan is usually "fuck I hope Kallen can beat this guy."
That just not true.
For instance the time when the 4 holy swords almost killed Suzaku, because lelouch figured out a way to defeat him in battle..

pbayne

The scale of what Lelouch attempts is on a completely different level to Light. I don't really see it as much of a competition.

Lights plan=rid the world of evil by being mega evil himself. Yes it kinda dumb/misguided but at least its clear.

Lelouch=By R2 I had no idea what his overall goal was anymore.
Live a peaceful life with Nunally? Kill the empereor? Rule britannia?
He just kind of stumbles around until the end.
And really think about it, I know he turns himself into a figure of everyone's hate but why would that solve any of the social or racist issues in the show? Lelouch's sacrifice, at least to me, is pointless since once hes gone peoples previous hatred of each other isn't gonna dissapear. Wouldn't both sides just find new reasons to keep fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom